• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Psycho's right, it's Zoroark. Everyone prepare for another Pokemon debate. lol

But while on the subject, who was the Gen 3 mascot? It may explain why we had no rep.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Question, is there a mascot for Gen 5 like Lucario was to Gen 4?
Depends on what you consider a "Mascot". I would argue that all Palkia/Dialga/Girantina/Shaymin were much more prominent than Lucario, which is weird because usually in each game there is multiple non-legendaries/starters who are noteably popular. The fourth gen had what? Lucario, and. . . Electivire? Or Garchomp?

That Generation is a mystery to me.

But while on the subject, who was the Gen 3 mascot? It may explain why we had no rep.
Essentially, when you talk "mascots" we're talking Starters/Legendaries to me. Some noteable Pokemon from the third generation would be the starters, Deoxys, and Gardeviore. Gardevior had some major fans back before Brawl. She also was the main character of a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, which may not be as big as something like Suicune, who had her own little story within Heargold/SoulSilver/Crystal, but it's something.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Depends on what you consider a "Mascot". I would argue that all Palkia/Dialga/Girantina/Shaymin were much more prominent than Lucario, which is weird because usually in each game there is multiple non-legendaries/starters who are noteably popular. The fourth gen had what? Lucario, and. . . Electivire? Or Garchomp?

That Generation is a mystery to me.

Essentially, when you talk "mascots" we're talking Starters/Legendaries to me. Some noteable Pokemon from the third generation would be the starters, Deoxys, and Gardeviore.
When he mentioned Lucario, I figured he meant the poplar hype pokemon that is revealed (Prior to game release) to gather support of the shallow masses. The "Bad*ss" one

D

Deleted member

When he mentioned Lucario, I figured he meant the poplar hype pokemon that is revealed (Prior to game release) to gather support of the shallow masses. The "Bad*ss" one
That's what I'm asking about. However, Zoroark never really got the popularity that Lucario achieved in it's heyday given that he ranked 60ish in comparison to Lucario's 30ish in popularity poll so I'm going to wait and see if Victini becomes more popular then Zoroark and is advertised more heavily then Zoroark.

If that isn't the case, then Zoroark is a near shoe-in. Which I am hoping is not the case.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Generation III pokemon I really like

Cacturne
Slaking
Breloom
Exploud
Aggron

It was the only generation where I liked ANY grass or normal pokemon and they happen to be my favorite from it.

Aggron was just awesome, as well

Edti: Gardevoir as well, forgot about HER

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I really hate to be asking this, but when do you guys think the games are going to come out? I want to say Spring 2013- or early 2014

:phone:

D

Deleted member

I really hate to be asking this, but when do you guys think the games are going to come out? I want to say Spring 2013- or early 2014

For me, I think we'll have to see on who's generally considered the 5th gen mascot. There's a chance that since Victini got two movies that he could end up being more popular then Zoroark was at it's height if advertised hard enough and well enough. Zoroark being advertised as this gen's Lucario turned off quite a few people and Victini's popularity would seem to be more natural. Given that 5th gen will almost certainly get a rep, whoever is the most popular will (almost certainly) win. Although to be fair, this is more or less subjective, but still something to keep note of.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Vinciti is a banned pokemon, and the only one of them I've ever paid attention to was Mewtwo, because pokemon didn't have a well known dedicated tier list

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Not sure where you heard Victini was a banned Pokemon?
Smogon, it's the Pokemon version of SWF.

I don't think being banned has anything to do with who gets in; as banned Pokemon have their own tier in the competitive community.

Although, both Lucario and Zoroark are in the same tier: Over Used.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Actually, because of crippling weaknesses, Victini is OU

Nevermind.

Edit: I've been out of the pokemon community for a while

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Victini vs. Zoroark debate!

GOGOGO!!!

I'm tired of discussing Pokemon, I've been debating the same topic everyday. <_<

D

Deleted member

Victini vs. Zoroark debate!

GOGOGO!!!

I'm tired of discussing Pokemon, I've been debating the same topic everyday. <_<

This. I have something I want to share with this thread. I'll dig it out in a few minutes.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Actually, because of crippling weaknesses, Victini is OU

Nevermind.

Edit: I've been out of the pokemon community for a while
Me too. I guess I forgot about Stealth Rock. lol

Still, tier doesn't have to do with anything.

Pikachu - under used
Pichu - never used
Jigglypuff - never used
Mewtwo - Uber
Lucario - over used
Squirtle - never used
Ivysaur - never used
Charizard - under used
Zoroark - over used
Victini - under used

ignor what i listed.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Just like to throw out there as a competitive Pokemon player, Victini is UU, which means its used very little in the main Pokemon metagame. Not banned at all, its literally the opposite.

Edit. Charizard and Pikachu are NU. Zoroark is RU, which is in-between UU and NU

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Just like to throw out there as a competitive Pokemon player, Victini is UU, which means its used very little in the main Pokemon metagame. Not banned at all, its literally the opposite.

I couldn't find anything on Victini being UU at smogon...

Do you have a link to something?

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528

Edit. Charizard and Pikachu are NU. Zoroark is RU, which is in-between UU and NU

I understand Charizard being NU because of Stealth Rocks but are you sure about Zoroark being RU? I thought it was BL or OU

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Stickied in Dragonspiral Tower. Look at the June 2011 stats. Victini is like #14 in UU

Also yeah, surprisingly Zoroark turned out to be really terrible. Mediocre stats, bad movepool.

OmegaXXII

Listen to this guy, he knows what he's talking about when it comes to Pokemon!

Charizard>>>>Typhlosion

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Typhlosion literally is the worst fire starter competitively. He is so horrid.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I found it, my bad. Derp

I only remember the 4th Gen tier as Smogon has yet to update their pages, and you have to look on the confusing forums. Disregard what I listed, listen to Mario. ;)

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hmm interesting, if you don't mind can you show us a moveset if you made one?
Well Luco and I are still working on ours at the moment. But here is what we have right now:

[COLLAPSE="Slime and Chocobo moveset"]Chocobo + Slime

Tuesday, 2 August 2011

10:12 AM

STATS:

Weight: 2/5

Strength: 2/5

Speed: 4/5

Shield: about 2.5: average.

Attack speed: 4/5

Jump: 4/5

Fly: No

Crawl: No

Continuous attack: Yes

BASIC ATTACK MOVES:

A- Peck

AA- Double peck

AAA- Double peck, followed by Chocobo turning around and bashing the enemy with his side.

Forward tilt: Chocobo swipes his wing in front of him.

Downward tilt: Chocobo crouches down and sweeps his wings along the ground in front of him, damaging slightly and having a chance of tripping the enemy.

Upward tilt: Chocobo does a tiny upward jump, aiming his beak at the sky.

Neutral air: Option A: Chocobo does a small forward spin, with his head(and his beak) slightly stuck out.

Option B: Chocobo does the same forward spin, while slime struggles to stay on! Slime runs around Chocobo while Chocobo spins.

Forward air: Chocobo does a hard peck mid-air.

Backward air: Chocobo kicks/stabs with his talons.

Upward air: Chocobo gets slime to stand on his outstretched head, with slime dealing damage to those he touches.

Downward air: Chocobo stabs multiple times with his talons downwards.

Running attack: Chocobo runs and does a jumping head-butt forward.

Continuous attack: Chocobo continuously pecks at the enemy.

SMASH ATTACKS:

Forward smash: Chocobo sticks his head out to the side, and then swings his head from the left to the right, causing fair knockback and decent damage.

Upward smash: Chocobo jumps in the air, and the momentum of it carries Slime up and off his back to deal damage to the opponent and send them flying vertically.

Downward smash: Chocobo crouches down and sticks his wings out to either side, doing almost no knockback and very little damage, but having a high chance of tripping the opponents.

GRABS:

Initial grab: chocobo would open his beak and snap it shut on a grab-able area of the foe.

Downward throw: Chocobo would throw the enemy under him, jump on top, scratch the enemy several times, and releases them, knocking them back along the ground.

Forward throw: Chocobo(who actually carries a lot of strength in his beak) throws the enemy around and around and lets go, sending the enemy flying diagonally upward.

Backward throw: Slime jumps off Chocobo's back while Chocobo puts the foe on to his back. Then, slime proceeds to slam down on to the enemy, sending them flying horizontally backwards.

Upward throw: Chcobo throws the enemy upwards(silghtly) and hen pecks hard. At the same time, Slime jumps up off Chocobo's back to do an upward strike.

(Specials)
Neutral B - Frizz: He'll start charging the attack sort of like Fox's Up B. During this phase you can then use the control stick to aim the attack, sending an explosive fireball attack in any direction. Unlike Zelda you cannot change direction while using the attack. Sets players on fire for a few seconds and can also set areas of the stage on fire for a few seconds, dealing damage to anyone who wanders into the flames.

UpB - Balloon: Slime will inflate himself causing Chocobo to rise, Chocobo will begin flapping his wings to help hover in the air. So both characters will bobble in the air, floating.

Side B - Slime Stretch: Will work on description.

DownB- Back Up!: Summons a random member of the Slime family (She-Slime, Heal Slime, Bubble Slime, King Slime, etc...) for different effects:

She Slime: Lunges itself at opponent, weak damage
Bubble Slime: Will run away on the battle field, in the process running under characters and causing them to trip.
Slime Knight: A Slime Knight will hop onto the stage and deliver one large slash in front of him, 7%
King Slime: He will puff up to a very large size and crush any character in his path, 10%
Slime Stack: Several slimes will appear and hop on top of one another and will fall forward attacking all within their line, 4% per slime.
Heal Slime: Rare, when one appears he will heal Slime about 10%.[/COLLAPSE]

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Also if I could choose the Pokemon cast for Smash 4...

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Scizor
Blaziken
Lucario
Zoroark

7 solid reps, every Generation repped. Could anyone be disappointed with this?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Edit: N/m Victini is 90 on the list now

UU: | 90 | Victini | 9659 | 1.6117 |

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Scizor
Blaziken
Lucario
Zoroark

O.O

10stupidchars

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Scizor
Blaziken
Lucario
Zoroark

I'd think most would be fine with it. Except for SSBF. lol

Either way it won't happen, as debated, the Pokemon series will more than likely get only 5 slots.

reserk

Smash Cadet
i think that deoxys may be the mascot for the 3rd generation, alhough i would love a 3rd generation pokemon trainer that uses mudkip/treecko, marshtomp/grovyle, and blaziken.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Anyone below 3.41% usage in a tier is moved to the tier below it. Even Beedrill gets use in OU, that doesn't make it OU.

Also I chose Blaziken for Gen 3 for type diversity and moveset making simplicity

OmegaXXII

My wishlist would be...

Charizard
Mewtwo
Pikachu
Tyranitar
Scizor
Meowth

Yup, i'm not being realistic, but this is what I truly would love to see.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone below 3.41% usage in a tier is moved to the tier below it. Even Beedrill gets use in OU, that doesn't make it OU.

Also I chose Blaziken for Gen 3 for type diversity and moveset making simplicity
What is making Venusaur OU this generation?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Just for those curious, I posted my Slime and Chocobo essay in the Alliance group. So it will be there for anyone's viewing.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Drought, Chlorophyll being a new ability for it. Super fast, super bulky, and good amounts of offensive power makes it an automatic choice for any sun team, especially with access to Sleep Powder at such a high speed stat after the boost is a godsend.

D

Deleted member

--- said:
I'd think most would be fine with it. Except for SSBF. lol
Lucky for you and others, me being against Zoroark depends only if we get just four slots, which I'm worried will happen if he gets in. If we get five or more slots for Pokemon, I'm neutral on his inclusion. The fact that Lucario returns, Mewtwo comes back, and Scizor is in has me content with Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom