• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
It's simple. Make an alliance for a character not already done (Victini, King K. Rool, Lip, Black Knight, Toad Slime and Chocobo, and Saki Amamiya have already been started by others) by forming a social group and getting a blog up on Bloggers.

Note that if you make one, you are expected to be committed to it and to be actively pushing for it in order to even hope for anything to happen. I would also heavily advise working with SCAM, a site that I recently form that over-arch all these alliances so that we can organize and work together to get all of these characters in, although it is not absolutely necessary.To be fair, I think Pit had a distinct style in appearance. Very distinct. So did R.O.B.
Thanks, sounds like a lot of work, so I might not be able to do it unless I ask someone else who also wants certain characters in.

Basically, we made a forum under my name as a way for people to nominate their characters and make noise on them. But none came to it, so I decided to go to other forums.

D

Deleted member

Do you think that Smash Bros ever had a general sense of style? I mean, I think you could argue that Melee had some sense of a collective style. Even if it was slightly oversaturized and bright. Brawl had some weird moments. I think Toon Link looks weird.
I never really noticed much of a style in characters, except that it was much more cartoony in SSB4 and the characters look more realistic in Melee and especially Brawl. Given that the Wii-U is aimed more towards the core audience, I would not be surprise to see them go for a more realistic approach, though I would prefer a mix between realistic and cartoon.
SSBCandidates said:
Thanks, sounds like a lot of work, so I might not be able to do it unless I ask someone else who also wants certain characters in.
What characters do you want to actively support? I would recommend picking one (Two if you're extremely confident you have time to lead a serious alliance, but I would recommend just one) and going with it. Depending on what the character is (As long it's not someone I'm against), I can help you.

TL OWNS U

Smash Apprentice
Moogle? Why does everybody seem to suggest such a generic character as him? If anybody from Square it should either be Slime, Slime &Chocobo team or Geno although I would rather have Sora althogether anyway.

:phone:
Generic? Moogle is a BAMF and when he ***** your mother, she asks for more. Oh yeah he's that bad.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Oh yes. And before someone tries to take my girls are we allowed to call dibs on characters to make sites for?

I call:

Jill Valentine, Cassandra(Soul Caliber), and Kanan (The Last Story). I'm just waiting for RER, and TLS to come out to start making their site. I'm going to get around to cassandra later this year.

With enough convincing I'll let someone take one of my girls, well with my blessin I guess. haha.

D

Deleted member

Oh yes. And before someone tries to take my girls are we allowed to call dibs on characters to make sites for?

I call:

Jill Valentine, Cassandra(Soul Caliber), and Kanan (The Last Story). I'm just waiting for RER, and TLS to come out to start making their site. I'm going to get around to cassandra later this year.

With enough convincing I'll let someone take one of my girls, well with my blessin I guess. haha.
Do you mean that with your approval you'll let someone take charge of a character you highly support for SSB4? If I'm wrong, clarify the question.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Generic? Moogle is a BAMF and when he ***** your mother, she asks for more. Oh yeah he's that bad.

Yeah...

Don't mess with FF (or Sonic) fanboys and girls, you can't win. :facepalm:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Sophitia Alexandra is one. I wanted Cassandra, too, but you can keep her.

What is SCAM? Also not to promote my site, but guess you could just type my username in google and you will get the forum. I placed many categories in it, but none came anymore, not even other mods.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Yeah...

Don't mess with FF (or Sonic) fanboys and girls, you can't win. :facepalm:
lol. Microsoft and Sony fanboys are worse. They think that Nintendo won't last another decade. . . .

D

Deleted member

Sophitia Alexandra is one. I wanted Cassandra, too, but you can keep her.

What is SCAM? Also not to promote my site, but guess you could just type my username in google and you will get the forum. I placed many categories in it, but none came anymore, not even other mods.
SCAM is Smashboard's Characters Alliance Movement, a site made by me as an over-arch to the current alliances made on this forum. Also is this the site? You should try to revive it. I would gladly come by and chat in it.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
SCAM is Smashboard's Characters Alliance Movement. Also is this the site? You should try to revive it.
Well, the problem is that none comes; that is why I decided to come out. Besides, I am no graphix guy; the place would need a haul plus I would have to pay or something to have the place actually called SSBCandidates. Also look for us at Youtube as TheSSBCandidates. So far, only 4 videos have been made, plus one of another idea that needs to be pushed (though it is a prototype video).

And yeah Shortie, you can have Cassandra. OK next to Sophie, not sure who could be my other first character.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So, I'm going to post my roster. You guys think you can handle it?

Mario
  1. Mario
  2. Peach
  3. Bowser
  4. Luigi
  5. Toad
  6. Paper Mario

Pokémon
  7. Pikachu
  8. Pokémon Trainer (Squirtle ~ Ivysaur ~ Charizard)
  9. Female Pokémon Trainer (Jigglypuff ~ Pichu ~ Gardevoir)
  10. Mewtwo
  11. Lucario
  12. N (Zoroark ~ Victini ~ some other popular Black/White Pokémon)

Legend of Zelda
  13. Link
  14. Zelda/Sheik
  15. Gannondorf
  16. Toon Link
  17. Ghirahim

Metroid
  18. Samus/Zero Suit Samus
  19. Ridley
  20. Dark Samus

Donkey Kong
    [*]Diddy Kong
    [*]King K. Rool

Kirby
    [*]Kirby
    [*]King DDD
    [*]Metaknight

Earthbound/MOTHER
    [*]Ness
    [*]Lucas
    [*]Pokey (Mother 2 mech)

Fire Emblem
    [*]Marth
    [*]Ike
    [*]Roy

Star Fox
    [*]Fox
    [*]Falco
    [*]Wolf

Kid Icarus
    [*]Pit
    [*]Medusa

F-Zero
    [*]Captain Falcon
    [*]Black Shadow

Warioware
    [*]Wario
    [*]Orbulon

Yoshi
    [*]Yoshi
    [*]Birdo

Single Series
    [*]Ice Climbers
    [*]Little Mac
    [*]Takamaru
    [*]Saki Amamiya
    [*]Starfy
    [*]Ray Legend
    [*]Olimar
    [*]Mii
    [*]R.O.B
    [*]Mr. Game and Watch

Third Party
    [*]Sonic the Hedgehog
    [*]Solid Snake
    [*]Megaman
    [*]Slime and Chocobo

TL OWNS U

Smash Apprentice
Why are we talking about SC characters? There's no way in hell SC characters will be in a smash bros game.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Why are we talking about SC characters? There's no way in hell SC characters will be in a smash bros game.

Because people like them? Soul Caliber II is a pretty fantastic game, which featured Link. Not to mention the way things are going with Wii U, you may see SCV on it. They aren't likely, but neither are a lot of the things we discuss.

Segastorm

Smash Apprentice
So, I'm going to post my roster. You guys think you can handle it?

Mario
  1. Mario
    [*]Peach
    [*]Bowser
    [*]Luigi
    [*]Toad
    [*]Paper Mario

Pokémon
    [*]Pikachu
    [*]Pokémon Trainer (Squirtle ~ Ivysaur ~ Charizard)
    [*]Female Pokémon Trainer (Jigglypuff ~ Pichu ~ Gardevoir)
    [*]Mewtwo
    [*]Lucario
    [*]N (Zoroark ~ Victini ~ some other popular Black/White Pokémon)

Legend of Zelda
    [*]Link
    [*]Zelda/Sheik
    [*]Gannondorf
    [*]Toon Link
    [*]Ghirahim

Metroid
    [*]Samus/Zero Suit Samus
    [*]Ridley
    [*]Dark Samus

Donkey Kong
    [*]Donkey Kong
    [*]Diddy Kong
    [*]King K. Rool

Kirby
    [*]Kirby
    [*]King DDD
    [*]Metaknight

Earthbound/MOTHER
    [*]Ness
    [*]Lucas
    [*]Pokey (Mother 2 mech)

Fire Emblem
    [*]Marth
    [*]Ike
    [*]Roy

Star Fox
    [*]Fox
    [*]Falco
    [*]Wolf

Kid Icarus
    [*]Pit
    [*]Medusa

F-Zero
    [*]Captain Falcon
    [*]Black Shadow

Warioware
    [*]Wario
    [*]Orbulon

Yoshi
    [*]Yoshi
    [*]Birdo

Single Series
  2. Ice Climbers
  3. Little Mac
  4. Takamaru
  5. Saki Amamiya
  6. Starfy
  7. Ray Legend
  8. Olimar
  9. Mii
  10. R.O.B
  11. Mr. Game and Watch

Third Party
  12. Sonic the Hedgehog
  13. Solid Snake
  14. Megaman
  15. Slime and Chocobo
I may be a Mario fanboy, but I think the guy's starting to get too many reps

D

Deleted member

@Starphoenix: Definitely a large roster that isn't going to happen, but that would be awesome to see.

Not sure why you posted it, though. Is this your wishlist?

TL OWNS U

Smash Apprentice
Because people like them? Soul Caliber II is a pretty fantastic game, which featured Link. Not to mention the way things are going with Wii U, you may see SCV on it. They aren't likely, but neither are a lot of the things we discuss.
No don't get me wrong, I LOVE Soul Calibur. I was just wondering why people were talking about it in a Snash Bros topic.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Starphoenix: Definitely a large roster that isn't going to happen, but that would be awesome to see.

Not sure why you posted it, though. Is this your wishlist?
Yep, it's only a wish list. Not saying they are likely or what I expect. Simply my list of character's I'd like to see.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Shortie, I recently decided that all of those who want a SC in Smash, we should call ourselves the "Favor-returners."

Why? Because it is said that as Link was in SCII, Namco needs to "return the favor" and place someone from SC in Smash. It doesn't matter if it is Sophie, Cassie, Maxi, Mina or whomever, as long as you support someone from SC, you are a "Favor-returner."

Though some want Pacman or Kolona as the Namco rep.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
No don't get me wrong, I LOVE Soul Calibur. I was just wondering why people were talking about it in a Snash Bros topic.

Then you should know why we are talking about it. We're fans, and want to see them included. I mean Soul Caliber loves to have guest characters, why not become guest characters themselves? Also, you should change your font, it's pretty hard to read.

which is why nintendo needs to wake up and get some good games going.
Nintendo doesn't need to sell "Good" games to survive, I mean some of the the most sold games are things like "Wii Play". If they wanted to be lame and just produce games the masses will love, I'm sure they could. Luckily they like their "Hardcore" gamers and keep us happy.

D

Deleted member

@nLiM8d: Not sure why your post said "Edited by xeGO"?
Then you should know why we are talking about it. We're fans, and want to see them included. I mean Soul Caliber loves to have guest characters, why not become guest characters themselves? Also, you should change your font, it's pretty hard to read.
Now that you said that, it actually kind of makes sense one of them makes an appearance as a playable character.

TL OWNS U

Smash Apprentice
Then you should know why we are talking about it. We're fans, and want to see them included. Also, you should change your font, it's pretty hard to read.
Ah I'm very sorry. I thought this topic was for talking about possible characters instead of impossible characters like Niko Belic. Thanks for the clarification

As for the font, I can read it just fine.

Edited to be less ****ish.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Ah sorry. I thought this was for possible characters not "Oh god we need Niko Belic in the next Smash Bros". Actually, that would be pretty awesome.

Can anyone else not read his font color at all?

Also, he jokes about impossible characters as he starts a Sophitia alliance. Even though I heart me some tig ol bitties, I had to lol.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Ah sorry. I thought this was for possible characters not "Oh god we need Niko Belic in the next Smash Bros". Actually, that would be pretty awesome.

Last time I checked, you are pretty new here. (Unless you've pulled an undercover veteran poster type thing) We've discussed about every character under the sun on threads like this, and ones before it. So, relax. The cycle always restarts. Besides, if you odn't like the discussion change it. You don't have to be a **** about it either.

Me.

Now that you said that, it actually kind of makes sense one of them makes an appearance as a playable character.
Honestly, you would think that "debt" would have been repaid already if it was even viewed as something that needs to be repaid. But if Namco spoke up about it, I'm sure they would get their wish. Although most likely Pac-Man or Klonoa would be picked over a SC character.

TL OWNS U

Smash Apprentice
Last time I checked, you are pretty new here. We've discussed about every character under the sun on threads like this, and ones before it. So, relax. The cycle always restarts. Besides, if you odn't like the discussion change it. You don't have to be a **** about it either.
When was I being a ****? I just said I thought the discussion was about possible characters instead of impossible characters like Niko Belic that I used as an example. Although I am guilty of suggesting impossible characters too like Dion Blaster from 1080.

D

Deleted member

Also, he jokes about impossible characters as he starts a Sophitia alliance. Even though I heart me some tig ol bitties, I had to lol.

I can read what TL OWNS U said.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Although I am guilty of suggesting impossible characters too like Dion Blaster from 1080.
Okay then, relax and be marry.

@Hoots, you're now the sarcastic father of the SSB4 thread. Your avatar just reminds me of a Snarky father who likes laughs and alcohol.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
To be fair, I think Pit had a distinct style in appearance. Very distinct. So did R.O.B.
Pit's an exception as his design was distinctly made for Brawl and is considered to be a 20 year time skip in his design. I wouldn't say R.O.B. applies either. I mean, what's so distinct about him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom