• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
LOL fail Holder of the fudge, we're still discussing the subject

Its in nsider gig, to read between the lines. Stick around more you'll get used to the flow of things.

Oasis_of_fudge said:
Iblis's new nickname is dark chocolate. I wantcha.
"You know I wantcha, don'tcha want me?! you know I wantcha"

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Oh no, I saw that, but that didn't last long now did it? :p Not nearly as long as this is going to.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah john its interesting, as you list off those titles that the story mode should take elements from, I was watching some City Escape footage from Sonic generations. Now I don't necessarily like that game, but I did appreciate how they were able to mold the setting to fit the classic gameplay in a way that was damn near seamless.
Well just combining those elements in an adventure mode along with great action and a sense of being IN the game could make for a great experience.

Plus, again, I want to run through Mushroom Kingdom as Sonic, and Green Hill Zone as Mario! :laugh:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Horsetail that was terrifying.

Now every time N3ON comes around, I'll think of fudge. And thinking of fudge makes me want dark chocolate.

Iblis's new nickname is dark chocolate. I wantcha.
Iblis: Enter The Darkness

Oh no, I saw that, but that didn't last long now did it? :p Not nearly as long as this is going to.
You are right on this one. Join us.

There's an actual reason behind this, we want to see if we can awaken an old person

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Interesting how there is more derpiness going around than the actual topic, look through the past few pages. You're doing more of the derpiness than the topic yourself, n. :laugh:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Sakurai: So what this will do in Kid Icarus: Uprising is allo-
Iwata: -How will this work it Smash Bros?
Iwata: (laughs)
Sakurai: I dunno, I was talking about Kid Icar-
Iwata: -SMASH BROS!!!
Sakurai: ...
Iwata: Talk about Smash Bros.
Sakurai: ...wel-
Iwata: -NOW!!!
Iwata: JUST DO IT!!!
Iwata: (laughs)

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Interesting how there is more derpiness going around than the actual topic, look through the past few pages. You're doing more of the derpiness than the topic yourself, n. :laugh:
Read the blackened my friend, and I'm not talking about finding a picture of me.

Oh lord not that picture... :glare:

:phone:
Oh lord yes that picture... :smirk:

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Turn the dial on comedy, I love your wording Iblis, to awaken an ancient evil

Holdin da fudge said:
You're doing more of the derpiness than the topic yourself, n.
I'm glad you've noticed how much I'm contributing to this discussion while you're not. Once again good fail holdin'.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Nintendo: Who would be the character you'd most like to see in Super Smash Bros. in the future?

Shigeru Miyamoto: Well if there was such a character I would just put them in this version. It's difficult finding the right balance. Everyone has their own opinions about what characters they'd like to see, so that's why I'll be trying to gather as much information as I can from people in terms of what direction to go in.
Thought this should be brought up.

2006 at some point. The link is in ---'s News Dojo.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
When I'm not participating in what you were discussing doesn't mean I'm wrong when I point out that you guys want to discuss worth while topics and yet you guys derp like everyone else (except me and a few).

Logic, you have none.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Shortie: Thank heavens you showed up. This derpiness is taking over. At least we can have something to speak ontopic. I suggest you show a source for that info though.

But hm, I wonder how we should intepretiate that? Is he looking towards the fans or the players in general of what to suggest in Smash or add in?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
So basicdally Miyamoto has the word of god and when he wills it, that said being will appear into the existence.

@Heel: I know you are younger in this thread than I am, this is normal, it is a change of pace, until the next worth while thing happens.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I think you could interpret it as Sakurai and Miyamoto do their best trying to get opinions from all ends of Nintendo (As well as the globe) when it comes to character additions. Also, Miyamoto's IP has a big boost in getting in, since, Miyamoto clearly stated he does what he wants.

It's good news for characters like Krystal, Ridley, and Takamaru who's popularity is lacking in one place, but abundant in another.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
@Young: Once words spreads of him saying that, all it will do is, make the people who spam Sakurai with terrible Japanese grammar go over to Miyamoto for the same crap as well. It will be hard to get him some info that won't get lost in the constant flood of crap.

@Shorts: Where's the link at though homie? Derp. Nevermind, I see now.

EDIT: Damn it N3ON

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
When I'm not participating in what you were discussing doesn't mean I'm wrong when I point out that you guys want to discuss worth while topics and yet you guys derp like everyone else
No, all you have been doing is pointing out what problem you see, and actually that's all you do. There's nothing of real significance that you've brought to the table, no solutions to problems, nothing.

No one is calling you wrong, moreso that it seems like you'd rather dance around an issue rather than contribute to any discussion.

Come back when you have something to stimulate discussion beyond placating your disturbances.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I think this interview is the one where Sakurai pretty much says how he feels about Wario as well. Lemme look.

Stop being such queens about the derp bull**** and move on to this topic. Or another one.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I didn't say I don't know this is typical, just noticing how ironic it is in this particular instance. :laugh:

I've actually been active around here for some time now to see the trends, especially something that comes up a lot. You'd know this, but you have only returned recently really.

@n, implying derpiness equates to discussion. :laugh: Bringing awareness is infinitely better, because derpiness is the equivalent of zero in terms of discussion worth. That's all I was doing, why am I incorrect for pointing out the irony? You just said I'm not wrong. o-o; Not even saying you guys are wrong, again, just pointing it out. Yeeeaaah. Going to look at this interview for something interesting.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's actually already in the Info Thread.

Anyway, if Miyamoto's least favorite Mario character really is Toad, considering how much say he has on the roster, don't expect him soon. :troll:
Yes I know he was probably just talking about Mario Kart, and might've been joking.

Miyamoto might be another reason the roster is almost completely first-party instead of having a few second-parties other than Pokemon. Just a guess.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ shortie
That interview is why I feel Pac-Man is very possible, especially given that Miyamoto has stated before that Pac-Man is his favorite video game character ever.

Also, I think if Shiggy aka GOD were to suggest a character, it would be a character he created, or a character created by one of his predecessors.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Shortiecanbrawl said:
Stop being such queens about the derp bull**** and move on to this topic. Or another one.
Yes thank you, that will suffice.

I'm more than willing to go back for the stuff that previously mentioned to get something interesting going.
LOL, I know.

I can point out several instances where we start to handle something and folks get sidetracked.

Face it, Derp is the best way to get people to appreciate worthwhile discussions.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
It's actually already in the Info Thread.

Anyway, if Miyamoto's least favorite Mario character really is Toad, considering how much say he has on the roster, don't expect him soon. :troll:

Miyamoto might be another reason the roster is almost completely first-party instead of having a few second-parties other than Pokemon.
>)____>) I already posted in there too. FUUU oh well.

I didn't say I don't know this is typical, just noticing how ironic it is in this particular instance. :laugh:

I've actually been active around here for some time now to see the trends, especially something that comes up a lot. You'd know this, but you have only returned recently really.
That's nice and all but what I'm getting at is input on a topic is limited when only 4 people discuss it. If you want to discuss it I'm more than willing to go back for the stuff that previously mentioned to get something interesting going.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Don't open up the Toad can of worms with me N30N. He's one of the few characters I think I have figured out.

But yeah, I'm hoping now that Sakurai has seen how well received Wario was, he won't be afraid to touch a WarioWare character. Like Mona.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Don't worry Shorts, I was just joking about Toad. I doubt Miyamoto's potential feelings about him will affect whether he gets in Smash or not. I mean he keeps showing up, if Miyamoto truly didn't like him (which I doubt), he wouldn't reoccur so often.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Agreed, I'd prefer if his moveset were primarily based on his platforming titles.

Should we see a character like Mona, she would be the one to bring the Ware generation into the foreground.

@PulpFiction

Goodness John, for a second there I thought you were going to bring up that action figure.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I think this interview is the one where Sakurai pretty much says how he feels about Wario as well. Lemme look.
Sakurai held a post-Brawl reveal trailer poll asking people which character was their favorite from the trailer. Metaknight topped the poll, and Wario was at the bottom, because of this Sakurai said that he wondered if adding Wario was a mistake; thinking that his low ranking equated to not being liked. I'm glad he understood that that was not the case.

Yes I know he was probably just talking about Mario Kart, and might've been joking.
He was joking. He has stated before Toad is one of his favorite Mario characters, he just has this thing against him in Mario Kart. Probably played some Mario Kart Wii and saw how many Toad/Bullet Bill Bike users there are.

P.S: I know you are joking, but I have to say it to keep other users from running with the idea.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I doubt Shigeru Miyamoto would touch a Wario Ware character, since he wasn't ever involved in that series (much).

Maybe a Wario Land character not named Wario would be suggested by Shigeru Miyamoto, since the series was inspired by him and was produced by his mentor, the great Gunpei Yokoi. He invented the Game and Watch, the Game Boy, the Virtual Boy, the basic ideas of the motion controls, the DS design, Metroid, Kid Icarus fyi. ;)

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
It is interesting to see that a lot of the reason why Brawl was made because they thought that Smash Brothers was what they wanted to use with online functionality, yet the online was of poor quality, you had little freedom, and there was no ranking system.

In fact, Kid Icarus Uprising, while fun, didn't have a ranking system either. ;-; Becoming afraid there will be none. Without that feeling of progression, the replay value decreases greatly to me. With the ranking, it also makes sure that I don't come across bad players, learn against great players, and don't come across taunt parties, and thus making it a great sit-down-and-play experience that Smash goes for.

Though, even without a ranking system and freedom to control how matches are, the Miiverse really excites me with the potential, and should at least provide a lot of replay value alone. With it we will be able to find all of the good smashers in your area (maybe state? did they say how the Miis are decided in your particular Mii Wara Wara?), in fact, competing for the top spot in your state will become something very simple to attempt!

It's just, I'd prefer to be able to sit down and progress online and learn how to play without NEEDING to meet up with the best people around (especially since the best Alabamians live on the opposite end and I can't drive still).

Did n say Wario needs revamped? Is that how people feel? That he needs a Wario Land style vs a Wario Ware one?

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I can definitely see the trademark on his productions John, which furthers my desire to have him orchestrate the Smash Brother's adventure mode(s).

Oh lord that awfully designed website...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Holder
Honestly, I don't care too much about rankings or leader boards. If you want one for online so bad, play the All is Brawl ladders! :laugh:

Even if the online is "good," there will still be lag... like up to 10 frames lag on a routine basis, which thus means it is not that accurate of a way of telling which player is "best."

And if you really want to "prove yourself" and continue to get better by playing against everyone, there is always tournaments to go to, and friends to play against.

As for what n said about Wario, check out Project M Wario, who is based off Wario's Wario Land games.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I doubt Shigeru Miyamoto would touch a Wario Ware character, since he wasn't ever involved in that series (much).

Maybe a Wario Land character not named Wario would be suggested by Shigeru Miyamoto, since the series was inspired by him and was produced by his mentor, the great Gunpei Yokoi. He invented the Game and Watch, the Game Boy, the Virtual Boy, the basic ideas of the motion controls, the DS design, Metroid, Kid Icarus fyi. ;)
Also, remember that they were getting opinions on character additions from as many places as possible. Not just Sakurai and Miyamoto himself. So, if Miyamoto doesn't suggest it, someone else could, and the idea could be brought to the table.

@Holder, that's what people waaaant, but won't geeeeet.

Star, how do you feel about Wario series, Yoshi series, and Mother in terms of newcomers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom