• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The only AT that even has the REMOTEST possibility of this is Starfy, but even then it was likely just a trophy listing error. Oh, and Saki's DOJO listing. Those are about it.
I think it's reasonable to guess that multiple ATs (not just Starfy and Saki) and other characters not included were probably in the stage of rough moveset and playstyle creation before the roster was narrowed down and they were cut for whatever reason. I'm not saying I think playable character data was ever created for them, just that I'm guessing in the early stages of development, some of the ATs were probably considered for playable status, and some degree of speculation/planning was given to how they would work and play in the game. (Again not just Starfy and Saki)

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Same. Bowser Jr.'s good enough on his own with his brush, gadgets, fireballs, and shell attacks to need Shadow Mario.
What made me angry was that comparison with Zelda/Sheik...

Anyway Shadow Mario sux too,Bowser Jr. should be alone.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Lol N3ON, how did you change your name again? I thought you had to have premium to do that
I'm actually an undercover premium member posing as a regular member to gain their trust, rise through their ranks, and one day rule them all.

Except I just blew my cover. :facepalm::awesome:
(I actually am premium though, but I'm so indecisive that it probably won't be my last change anyway. lol)

D

Deleted member

I think it's reasonable to guess that multiple ATs (not just Starfy and Saki) and other characters not included were probably in the stage of rough moveset and playstyle creation before the roster was narrowed down and they were cut for whatever reason. I'm not saying I think playable character data was ever created for them, just that I'm guessing in the early stages of development, some of the ATs were probably considered for playable status, and some degree of speculation/planning was given to how they would work and play in the game. (Again not just Starfy and Saki)
That would imply they were designed by 2005, when the Roster was "complete".

I feel though as Saki's DOJO update is merely Sakurai referencing a missed opportunity rather than "Oh, he was planned, but didn't make it".

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I feel though as Saki's DOJO update is merely Sakurai referencing a missed opportunity rather than "Oh, he was planned, but didn't make it".
Yeah. My whole thing has been that if he was a popular request prior to Brawl, how much more will he be now?

D

Deleted member

Oh right, like they did with Zamus, Wario, & Snake in the E3 Super Smash Bros. Brawl trailer. True.

:phone:
:metaknight:
You forgot me, fool.

....He said it, not me.

:pit:
Me too!

EDIT: :snake:
You idiots, he's referring to the fact that Zero Suit Samus, Wario, and I weren't shown on actual gameplay while you two were!
(Took a while for me to get that...)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
That would imply they were designed by 2005, when the Roster was "complete".
I'm not sure if I get what you mean by designed, but if you meant finalized in the design of how they would work, I didn't mean that, I just meant that some consideration would be given to how they would play and what moves they might use if they were included. I never meant to suggested it went past the stage of merely speculative planning without any actual programming or data, or the character was even finalized in pre-production plans. I believe this stage of pre-development and character elimination would've mainly taken place in 2005.

Sorry if I misinterpreted you.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If I had a choice to revive any series with Smash, it would be Star Tropics and Joy Mech Fight

If I had a choice of a series to promote through smash, I would pick Dillion

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Nazo no Murasame-jo would be a great idea of a series revival by Smash since it does deserve the same international fame and recognition as it's brother franchise, The Legend of Zelda.

:phone:

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
I'd like DHD, Dillon, and Ridley in Smash 4.

By the way, Metal Overlord said you had some good ideas for Sm4sh, care too enlighten me?
If you're still here, I can post something.

Man, anytime there's cool Castlevania Nintendo news I'm always hoping someone here is gonna say something.
We're sorry to disappoint you, Toise.

If I could revive any series with Smash, I'd get some more explicit Wario Land references in the game, like a stage or Assist Trophy. (Though I'd support Captain Syrup as a character too, I admit she's unnecessary in the larger context of the roster.)

Metal Mania1321

Smash Journeyman
If you're still here, I can post something.

We're sorry to disappoint you, Toise.

If I could revive any series with Smash, I'd get some more explicit Wario Land references in the game, like a stage or Assist Trophy. (Though I'd support Captain Syrup as a character too, I admit she's unnecessary in the larger context of the roster.)

Yeah, I'm still here. Let's here it.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Alright, here's some stuff I've done in the past.

Summarized ideas for my perfect Adventure Mode:
Better, More-Nintendo-Focused Story: This is pretty much agreed upon. The question is, how would this be implemented?

Play as Each Character in Each Character's Part of the Story: Basically, when you select the Adventure mode option in the menu, you go to the character selection screen and choose a character. Then you play Adventure Mode, but only from the experience of that particular character. So if you choose Pit, you only play his part of the story; you don't get sidetracked by whatever Mario is doing on the other side of the world. There would be a limit to how far you can go with a single character, and once that limit is passed, you can continue with that character. But I have no idea how this would be implemented.

Unlockables: I lopped all these features into one category. There are numerous unlockables peppered throughout Adventure mode - some you gain by just completing a level, but others are found through different means. Sometimes you have to do a side-quest given to you by a non-playable Nintendo character to be rewarded. Other times you'll need to explore a level top-to-bottom to find the little secrets. This feature would greatly increase the re-playability of Adventure Mode by encouraging players to find all the various unlockables.

Cameo Appearances by Non-Playable Characters: Marth and Caeda sharing a tender moment before Marth separates to begin his quest. Encountering K.K. Slider along a barren trail playing one of his tunes. Seeing Pokemon actually run through the thick grasses of the Kanto region. Waluigi attempting to beat up his rival Luigi before Mario kicks his *** out of town. I don't think this needs much more explaining for it's potential.

Side-Quests: Again, another feature that can greatly expand the re-playability and appeal of Adventure Mode. For example, guide a lost Nintendog through the level back to it's owner. Or translate ancient scriptures that describe the story of a lost civilization using Samus's visor. These side-quests would include unlockables as rewards, of course. For example, for guiding the Nintendog home, you gain it as an Assist Trophy in normal play.

Secret Areas: Pretty self-explanatory. In levels featuring Zelda characters, for example, you can find Hidden Grottoes underneath the level that contain small enemy encounters and an unlockable as a reward.

Mix of More Lighthearted and Darker Tones: The story can start somewhat lighthearted, more akin to the concept behind SSB64. Some humor is perfect; for example, Ness attempting to attack an opponent with PK Fire, but accidentally lighting Luigi's pants on fire and making him run panicked. But as the story progresses, it increases in darkness until it becomes darker than Brawl's story ever was. At it's darkest, for example, a vision of what a Nintendo apocalypse would look like; an emotional and dark concept that should be handled much like the emotionally-gripping incinerator scene in Toy Story 3.

Make It Only Unlocked Once the Player Has Unlocked Every Character: All-Star Mode can replace Adventure Mode as the other major available-at-start mode, and can develop and grow as the player unlocks characters to show the player's progress. This prevents Adventure Mode from being just some cheap way to unlock characters and would make it something very much worth the effort.
Here is an outline for how I would handle the "rest station" and music in All-Star mode.
[COLLAPSE="All-Star Rest Area Concept"]Well, I was thinking of some ideas for All-Star mode again - this time, the concepts are in relation to Hex's concept for a return to an SSB64-styled story.

Remember in SSB64 Master Hand's bedroom as seen in the opening cutscene? Since Hex's ideas promote Master Hand as a sort of child whose imagination is the characters fighting each other, I thought a good idea for All-Star mode's rest area was to make it take place on the very desk we in the SSB64 opening cinematic.

There's a Melee-inspired twist to it, though. As the player progresses through battles in All-Star mode, the stage will begin to transform from the original bedroom into a tranquil, gorgeous forested island located in a lake surrounded by forested, snow-capped mountains, before changing back into the desk.

In addition, I'd like to make use of Melee's All-Star music again, but with another twist. As the player progresses through All-Star mode, not only does the stage change, but the music does too. At first, all that is heard are some faint, repeating string instruments. Eventually, more instruments are added to the mix until you have almost a full symphony performing the All-Star music. Before the final battle on the last variant of the All-Star stage, the music turns minimalistic again. Here's a basic idea of how this progression would work with an example number of matches.

All-Star : Battles 1-3

Stage: The rest area is the bedroom desk seen in SSB64's intro, set in the early morning when the sun is rising, casting an orange-ish light on the scene from the window (located in front of the player, behind the camera). Nothing too special yet.

Music: Faint, repeating line from the string instruments, as heard in the beginning of the Smashing Live version of Melee's All-Star into.

All-Star : Battles 4-6

Stage A sole tree with a circle of grass surrounding it appears in the center of the desk. The time is now mid-morning, and basic daylight is shining through the window.

Music: A solo flute is added, playing the familiar All-Star melody, as heard in the Smashing Live recording from 0:08 to 0:39.

All-Star : Battles 7-9

Stage: A handful of trees are scattered about the desk now, as well as several clumps of grass. The walls of the room are beginning to turn transparent; the blurry image of a mountain range is visible. The faint sound of waves splashing onto a lake's shore can be heard, although no water is visible. The time is just before noon, and midday light shines onto the stage from the window.

Music: The harp heard in the original Melee recording of the All-Star mode music now plays in rhythm with the rest of the instruments. The ring of one note on the glockenspiel from the Smashing Live recording plays each four repeats of the string instrument notes.

All-Star : Battles 10-12

Stage: The edges of the desk are now curving and rounding, becoming less straight. The desk is losing it's original rectangular shape. Trees have now formed in distinct groves on the island, and grass covers about half of the desk's area in scattered clumps. The desk's surface - previously a solid wooden texture - is slowly being replaced with the surface of a forest floor.

The walls in the room are still fading out as the view of mountains fades in more. In addition, the other objects in the room - the bed, the toy chest, etc. - are fading out now. In the area below the height of the desk, a dark blue hue saturates the area; barely noticeable is the fading-in-and-out image of water in calm motion. The sound of the waves splashing calmly on a lake shore increases in volume.

Music: Additional string instruments are layered below the previous instruments, providing a repeating held note. A solo cello now plays a quiet counter-melody to the solo flute, as heard in the Smashing Live recording.

All-Star : Battles 13-15

Stage: The desk's edges morph from their original shape, resembling more the naturally-formed shores of an island. The desk's surface is now composed of 50% scatterd wooden textures and 50% scattered forest floor. Grass now covers at least 75% of the desk's surface.

The walls and objects are still fading out as the definitive image of forested, snow-capped mountains forms in the distance, and below the mountains one can see the opposite shore of the lake. The water fades in more, and the waves splashing on the shores of the "desk" are now apparent. Only a blurry glimmer of the objects and area of what was a bedroom can be seen below the water. The lake waves grow slightly more intense, and thus louder in volume.

It is now midway through the afternoon, but not quite sunset yet. The sky blue light is beginning to lose it's hue and turn into a darker, slightly yellow-ish color.

Music: The atmospheric piano from Melee's original All-Star music now plays together with the soloist flute. Chimes, unique to this recording, play a unique melody in the background.

All-Star Battle : Battles 16-18

Stage: The "desk", now an island in a lake, has all but lost it's original edges. The original wooden textures on the desk are completely replaced by the textures of forest floor. Grass covers nearly the entire inner area of the island, only not touching the sandy shores of the island.

The walls of the room are all but gone, and the mountains and opposite shore of the lake are completely faded in. The water, completely faded in, is now murky - nothing can be seen below the waves. The sounds of wildlife are now mixed in with the sound of the lake waves.

It is now early sunset. Although not at it's most intense level yet, the sunlight is turning yellow and is shining somewhat brighter upon the stage from behind the island in the sky.

Music: Snare drums are added, providing a repeating two beats and following roll in the music. Low brass - trombones, baritones, etc. - play the same repeating notes as the original string instruments still play.

All-Star : Battles 19-21

Stage: The time is now sunset at it's most intense. A deep, piercing orange light radiates onto the stage, creating large shadows and a most beautiful image altogether.

The entire stage has a faint transparency now - it's not too noticeable, but everything is slightly faded. When the player enters their next fight, bright white rays of light will flood the screen, obscuring the image of the stage.

Music: The sound of some mystical aura is layered above the previous instruments, adding a very mystical quality fitting for the sunset scene.

All-Star : Battle 22, The Final Battle

Stage: The stage has reverted back to it's bedroom form, desk and everything. However, the time is evening. The light from the window is gone, and the stage is lit up by the lamp seen in the SSB64 intro. Beyond the light, the rest of the stage can be made out, but is covered in the shadow of night.

Music: The music similarly reverts back to a more simplistic state. All of the brass and percussion and nearly all the strings are gone. All that's left is Melee's piano lightly playing the All-Star melody while a small ensemble of strings plays held notes in the background.[/COLLAPSE]

And lastly, ideas for revitalizing the oft-overlooked Coin Launcher mode:

Coin Launcher - Nintendoified
(Under Construction)

Tables

This is the big addition to Coin Launcher that provides all the diversity and challenge that Brawl's Coin Launcher needed. Upon starting Coin Launcher mode, the table is set to the default table, which looks much like Brawl's Coin Launcher table but with a Smash Bros. symbol on the floor of the table. However, after a Vs. mode-type countdown, the table flips either clockwise or counter-clockwise to a new table.

Once changed to a new table, a timer appears in the top left portion of the screen, showing how much time you have on a particular table. Once the countdown ends, the table flips over again for a new table.

The tables themselves will be described below. Each table is reflective of a certain Nintendo franchise or game.

[COLLAPSE="The Legend of Zelda"]
Lantern Cavern

This table takes place in a long, dark series of tunnels and caverns lit by torchlight and the blue glow your Coin Launcher radiates. The cave is modeled after your traditional Zelda cave level, although it most resembles the Lantern Caves found throughout Twilight Princess, such as the one seen here at 1:32. Although the table remains put, the cave will be scrolling towards the player, so the player will be "moving" through the cave. As the player navigates the tunnels and chambers of the cave, enemies, pots, and prizes show up.

Enemies, which consist of both enemies from the more realistic Zelda titles and the more "toonish" games, include:

- Freezards: These motionless, living blocks of ice will breathe cold, freezing mist at you as you near them. Strike them multiple times with your coins to make them crumble and explode in shards of ice.
- Miniblins: These fierce little minions of Ganondorf attack in small packs with pitchforks. Two coins can dispatch any one Miniblin.
- Stalfos: Skeleton warriors who attack isolated and by dual-wielding swords. A couple of coins will send their bones flying away.
- ChuChus: Blob-like enemies who just walk casually towards the player and come in different colors. These enemies can come in large variants, which when hit by a coin, split into smaller ChuChus. The smallest ChuChus require only one hit to splatter them across the floor.
- Bomskit: Although these bipedal insect-like creatures don't directly attack the player, they drop bombs in their running paths that can get in the way of the player and explode on impact. A single coin destroys a bomb or a Bomskit.
- Tektite: Four-legged, one-eyed arachnids who jump about the table. Although they can't be attacked in the air, two coins can take one down on the ground.
- Armos: Stone, mobile statues that will move towards the player and subsequently explode once next to your Coin Launcher, causing a good deal of damage. One coin aimed at the diamonds in their chests will destroy them.

Some pots are scattered along the walls of the cave. Smash them with a coin for a 50% chance to win a sticker or 10% chance to win a trophy. Trophies and waste paper will move through the level like any normal level as well.

Boss Encounter - Ghoma

All the features of the Legend of Zelda table fade out, and the table changes to inside a large hall in a dungeon, designed exactly like the one seen in the Zelda Wii U tech demo, including walls around the table (the coin launcher is contained under an arched doorway) and a see-through ceiling. Some rumbling is heard, and then crashing down from above the Coin Launcher table is Ghoma.

Ghoma attacks you in a couple of ways, listed below:

- Ghoma raises it's front legs, standing up on it's back legs, and falls back down on it's front legs, releasing an energy wave towards the player. You must shoot enough coins at the energy wave to disrupt it before it can damage you.
- Ghoma begins releasing eggs from it's abdomen onto the floor. These eggs break open to reveal smaller Gohmas that then rush towards the player. Two coins each will get rid of them.
- Gohma shoots a laser beam from his eye that slowly moves towards the player. If the laser strikes the player, it inflicts steady but massive amount of damage over time on the player's coin amount. However, the player can counter the laser by continually firing coins towards it, eventually deflecting it.

To defeat Gohma, you must strike it's front four legs as it walks along the floor of the level with coins. After about five coins each, the legs turn useless and Gohma collapses on the floor, it's eye on ground level. This is your chance. Strike at Gohma's eye with coins until it bursts.

Once it's eye bursts, Gohma will stand up, dizzily attempt to maneuver across the board, and collapses once again. Gohma then disappears in a cloud of smoke and sparks.

Reward: Gohma trophy, two random Legend of Zelda stickers, x20 coin bonus[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Wario"]No trophies nor waste paper are present on these tables.

Microgames

The table quickly flips over clockwise onto it's backside and onto a new table. This new table will consist of one six random WarioWare microgames. All of the microgames, as per the WarioWare games, have unusually short countdowns that the challenge must be completed in.

- Eating for Two: Two Wario heads pop out from the floor of the table with mouths open, and your coins transform into cloves of garlic. Shoot the garlic cloves into the mouths of the Warios to feed them and win a reward.
- Rump Roast: The table is located within the racetrack of a horse show. A row of horses are running towards the opposite end of the table; your horse is marked differently from the others by way of skin color. Your goal is to shoot coins at your horse to make it run faster and beat the other horses to the finish line. Win the race with your horse and you win the reward.
- Vicious Veggies: This table is located in outer space. The planet Earth is positioned behind the player, and the walls on the player's side of the board are removed. Vegetables of varying sizes and varieties start firing towards Earth from the opposite end of the table. Your goal is to shoot down these vegetables with your coins before they crash onto Earth or yourself. The vegetables vary in difficulty depending on size; a large pumpkin will take more coins to destroy than a small onion, for example.
- Same Diff: Two pictures appear on the table, looking similar yet different. The player must strike one coin at the one difference between the two images. Do so, and you win a reward. Do not launch a coin or strike the wrong object, though, and you fail the microgame.
- Mirror Mirror: The table changes to an image of a snowy mountain. Distributed across the table in specific locations are mirrors. A beam of light is positioned from one side of the table. The goal is to hit the mirrors with coins to rotate them so that the beam of light reflects off of them onto the player's Coin Launcher. Do so within the given time and you win.

Boss (??) Encounter - Jimmy T. and the Thang Family

The table floor suddenly changes to a dance floor with color-changing squares. A disco ball descends from above the table, flashing light all over. In the center of the board, five areas where squares would be, arranged in a large triangle pattern on the board, are empty.

Suddenly, a looped version of this music begins playing, and square platforms rise from the empty spaces on the table, bringing with them Jimmy T. and each member of his family - Papa, Mama, James, and Jamie as they dance mildly to the music.

Once the platforms have risen and connected with the rest of the board, the playey's goal is to pellet each member of the Thang family. When a coin strikes Jimmy T. or one of his family member, the hit character will immediately execute a fancy dance move. The player's goal is to keep the family members dancing and moving all about the board with the coins until the end of the routine.

At the end of the routine, the family members stop on whatever square they are on. At this point, the player's performance in this "boss fight" affects the outcome. If the player did little to provoke the Thang family to dance, they just droop their faces dowards and look disappointed. If the player was successful, the Thang family perform one final iconic disco move together. In either outcome, the famiyl members descend below the board on whatever platforms they were standing on.

Reward: Jimmy T. trophy, Thang Family trophy, x20 coin bonus[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Yoshi's Island"]Hop! Hop! Donut Lifts

This table takes place in an upwards-scrolling area in Yoshi's Island, based mostly off the Hop! Hop! Donut Lifts level in the original game (level gameplay begins at 4:37). Although the table itself remains in place, the scenery continually scrolls upwards from fading from below the table to above the table. The entire level and all it's features and enemies are designed with the iconic crayon-pastel look of much of the Yoshi series, and the stage itself scrolls upwards starting at ground level and moving up beyond the mountain peaks and into the sky.

As part of the Donut Lifts design, the platforms in this stage consist of lifts, clouds, and "donuts", as well as basic floating platforms.

While in this level, several enemies can appear on the various platforms and surfaces on the stage. These include:

- Shy Guys: The "grunts" of the Yoshi games, these guys can easily be pushed off the level with a single coin launch.
- Fuzzy: These whiskered puffballs float up through the stage. If the player strikes one with a coin, the coin passes through them and the Fuzzy evaporates in a cloud of smoke and hair strands. When a Fuzzy is hit, the view of the stage begins to warp and distort as in the original Yoshi games, making it difficult to target and see the distorting foes.

- Goonie: These birds simply fly across the stage from either side to the opposite side. Some fly above where they can be hit, but those within your vertical range can be killed with a single coin.
- Mace Guy: These Shy Guys flail large balls-and-chains around themselves as they move slowly through the stage. After winding up, they will let the maces fly at you. Hit the maces with a coin to decimate them. After destroying the mace, you can then kill the Mace(less) Guy like any normal Shy Guy.
- Toadies: These minions of Kamek fly across the stage in packs, sharing a unique prize such as trophy or rolled-up ball of stickers with themselves. Strike any one of them with a coin and they'll scatter like quails away, leaving their prize behind to collect.
- Burt: These large, round, bouncing, striped-pants enemies jump around the stage in pairs. They'll jump across platforms and lifts towards the player, and then jump onto the player's launcher to deal direct damage on the launcher. Defeat them before they jump on you with two coins each.
- Stilt Guy: These Shy Guys walk across the platforms on stilts. The player must fire a coin at the stilts, smashing the stilts and letting the Shy Guy fall down to the ground where he can be easily removed with a coin.

Some green egg blocks occasionally appear on the stage too. If you hit them with a coin while they're in range, your next ten coin launchers will instead fire super-powered Yoshi eggs which shatter on impact and kill quicker than normal coins.

Boss Encounter - Giant Baby Bowser

This boss fight is only triggered by a certain event. During the Donut Lifts level, there is a chance Baby Bowser may appear randomly on one of the platforms like any other enemy. A single coin knocks him off.

Shortly after knocking him off, though, the level features fade away through the bottom the table as normal, and the scenery changes to that of a dark forest clearing. A figure emerges in the distance - giant Baby Bowser in pixelated form. During this boss fight, your coins temporarily transform into Yoshi eggs, and the launcher is aimed upwards to where the eggs shoot in an arc at the opposite end of the table, and the upwards direction the launcher faces can be changed by moving up-down on the analog stick/D-pad.

During the battle, Baby Bowser slowly inches towards the player's end of the table, with occasional bursts of speed. The player's goal is to defeat Baby Bowser before he reaches the launcher, otherwise it's massive coin loss. Giant Baby Bowser attacks in a couple of manners, detailed below:

- Baby Bowser stomps his feet, sending boulders flying down onto the stage. These boulders land with a thud and then roll towards the player's end of the table, often towards the launcher itself. Fire eggs at them to break them.
- Baby Bowser fires a fireball from his mouth at the player. Fire eggs at the fireball until it explodes in a puff of smoke. Otherwise, the fireball deals massive damage on the player's egg (coin) amount.

The player defeats Baby Bowser by firing eggs at weak points on his body that glow at different points. The player must strike enough consecutive weak points on Baby Bowser so that Baby Bowser is pushed so far back on the table that he falls off below the edge of the table. Victory music cues and the scenery changes to the next table.

Reward: Baby Bowser trophy, two random Yoshi or Mario-related stickers, x20 coin bonus
[/COLLAPSE]

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Kinda off-topic, but going back to the Mega Man music:

I could listen to this all day.
Which I sometimes do while driving my car.

This new antagonism towards Mewtwo both perplexes and disturbs me. I thought we all agreed keeping all the Pokémon from Brawl while bringing back Mewtwo was the best course.
I blame the lack of spoon. :troll:

Nah you're straight, everyone has to start somewhere. We were all newbies at some point. Just contribute to discussion without trolling, and you'll fit right in. :)
Yep, heck you may even get an invite to one of the private social groups. ;)

Nazo no Murasame-jo would be a great idea of a series revival by Smash since it does deserve the same international fame and recognition as it's brother franchise, The Legend of Zelda.
Pretty much the game that most everyone here is betting on getting revived. It definitely deserves some more attention, but it has nothing on Nintendo's favorite son. :p

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Best bet to get revived doesn't mean it's one I would WANT to be revived

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Hey, Chu, I wanted to hear your input on a post I made earlier. I'll just explain it again. The idea is about customizing character stats. Thing is, this system is way more like Final Fantasy XIII's Paradigm System than the gems in Street Fighter X Tekken (I'm actually starting to find them superfluous and not influential enough.).

What I'm thinking is that you have six enhancers:

POW - Increase attack damage; does not affect knockback
SPD - Speeds up horizontal aerial and ground speed and gravity of jumps.
SLD - Increase strength of shield.
WGT - Increase weight (knockback) of character.
RES - Decrease damage received. Acts as a "guard" to stuff attacks. This guard can be broken with combos. For example, you may have to deal 10% damage (arbitrary number) in a combo before you'll see the damage. A single attack will deal 10% less than its value (i.e. 18% > 8%), but an attack less than 10% will never deal "negative damage".
MTR - Improves your rate of acquiring meter. :troll:

You have three slots to fill up with these enhancements and one enhancement can be used more than once, so you can have a POW-POW-POW setup. Doing the math, there are around 60 different set-ups as order won't matter. If you have more than one of an enhancer, there is a balance where you'll receive a nerf in a separate area. For example, POW-POW-SPD will increase strength and speed by some amount, but your weight and resistance go down. Likewise, a POW-POW-POW setup will make your character super strong, but weaker in other areas to compensate for such a buff. Combinations where you have no duplicates don't have these balance changes.

The idea behind these changes is to provide personalizing your favorite character to your playstyle. Now, if this were to exist in Smash, what would we call it?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I have a question for those who are expecting a trailer next week. How many newcomers do you think will be unveiled? Melee's reveal unveiled four newcomers, Brawl's unveil revealed five newcomers. I am personally guessing either one or four.
At this point I'm gonna go on a limb and say we will hear SOMETHING, maybe not a trailer, but something. If we do see a trailer, I think we'll have 4, maybe 5 revealed newcomers.

To be honest the general hype over E3 and the Wii U reveal is going to be enough that it won't really phase me if we do not see anything from Smash. I will say though that if we do, don't expect to hear anything about it until the Developers Roundtable that evening.
Like I said, I think we will hear, SOMETHING.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Hey, Chu, I wanted to hear your input on a post I made earlier. I'll just explain it again. The idea is about customizing character stats. Thing is, this system is way more like Final Fantasy XIII's Paradigm System than the gems in Street Fighter X Tekken (I'm actually starting to find them superfluous and not influential enough.).

What I'm thinking is that you have six enhancers:

POW - Increase attack damage; does not affect knockback
SPD - Speeds up horizontal aerial and ground speed and gravity of jumps.
SLD - Increase strength of shield.
WGT - Increase weight (knockback) of character.
RES - Decrease damage received. Acts as a "guard" to stuff attacks. This guard can be broken with combos. For example, you may have to deal 10% damage (arbitrary number) in a combo before you'll see the damage. A single attack will deal 10% less than its value (i.e. 18% > 8%), but an attack less than 10% will never deal "negative damage".
MTR - Improves your rate of acquiring meter. :troll:

You have three slots to fill up with these enhancements and one enhancement can be used more than once, so you can have a POW-POW-POW setup. Doing the math, there are around 60 different set-ups as order won't matter. If you have more than one of an enhancer, there is a balance where you'll receive a nerf in a separate area. For example, POW-POW-SPD will increase strength and speed by some amount, but your weight and resistance go down. Likewise, a POW-POW-POW setup will make your character super strong, but weaker in other areas to compensate for such a buff. Combinations where you have no duplicates don't have these balance changes.

The idea behind these changes is to provide personalizing your favorite character to your playstyle. Now, if this were to exist in Smash, what would we call it?
Basically, you have three "sets" and you can pick which each one is.

Could work. It's not bad. The only problem I see if there isn't too much to it. You have a lot of option, but you only have 6 choices. But otherwise, it's not bad and can turn into something really cool. The last item could be ITM which just increases the chance an item will drop when defeating an enemy (thinking Adventure mode here).

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Basically, you have three "sets" and you can pick which each one is.

Could work. It's not bad. The only problem I see if there isn't too much to it. You have a lot of option, but you only have 6 choices. But otherwise, it's not bad and can turn into something really cool. The last item could be ITM which just increases the chance an item will drop when defeating an enemy (thinking Adventure mode here).
No, you have around 60 potential sets unless we're thinking different things here.

I wanted to keep it small. Look at SFxTK, you have so many gems but most are just underwhelming and you may just activate them by accident. You have a lot of options, but most aren't that great. That's why I wanted to keep it to six equally great options.

I see ITM as a mode specific enhancement. I was thinking of this "Paradigm" thing being an integrated part of the game.

EDIT: Wait, I see what you meant by three sets. No, I'm just talking about taking that concept and you go in with a specific set. There's no shifting in mid-match.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
No, you have around 60 potential sets unless we're thinking different things here.

I wanted to keep it small. Look at SFxTK, you have so many gems but most are just underwhelming and you may just activate them by accident. You have a lot of options, but most aren't that great. That's why I wanted to keep it to six equally great options.

I see ITM as a mode specific enhancement. I was thinking of this "Paradigm" thing being an integrated part of the game.

EDIT: Wait, I see what you meant by three sets. No, I'm just talking about taking that concept and you go in with a specific set. There's no shifting in mid-match.
Maybe I don't understand so explain it to me in super derpy terms.

JPW

Smash Ace
i would prefer with Unlocking Characters they make it sort of tough again.

I felt unlocking them in Brawl was way too easy.
It was either Subspace or doing something like have a certain short number of ffa matches.

I really liked the ones where you unlocked them by defeating classic on hard or very hard difficulty. Or where you had to have 1000 FFA matches. It made you really feel awesome when you got them.
With Brawl it was barely a challenge. I unlocked everyone in the first 3 days.

D

Deleted member

So my Top Five now:

5. Krystal
4. Saki Amamiya
3. Mewtwo
2. Mii
1. Mega Man

Top 5:
1. Ridley
2. K. Rool
3. Jill (Drill Dozer)
4. Bowser Jr.
5. Kamek

I got most of the characters I really wanted in brawl actually. I think Ridley, K. Rool, and Bowser Jr. deserve to be in, and Jill and Kamek are just personal favorites.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mike Jones should get in

How else can we play a character that has psychic powers and uses baseball bats and yoyos?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Let's see my top five.

1. Starfy
2.Toad
3.Lip
4.Dixie Kong
5.Saki

(6.Palutena)

Starfy revealed to be anything more than a weak Assist again?
When Hell freezes over.

/And I swear, if Sakurai even DARES to do that again.../

JWD on Isaac-stuff: I tell you something, I'm not against Isaac, in fact, we all wish to see him (for sake of good and fresh franchises) or or at least don't mind him in Sm4sh. Though like Yuui said, don't accuse us to be against him if we say he's unlikely. We try our best to judge and calculate each characters chances from every aspect. It's much different than say, GameFAQS does it.
Going on, this is all speculation, so who knows if we might be proven wrong with our predictions. /I really hope for so because it seems now that we can only expect expansions of the francises rather than new franchises.)

And you wanted Alex a lot in Sm4sh, right? I'm bit in the same boat, I'm now wanting to see Garet playable... though I know the chances are slim for him too.
Wish you stay here more JWB since we need more active GS-fans we can refer to for more speculation about GS's role and presentation in Sm4sh.

*brofive Garet-style*

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
something that i just forgot about... Kaio: King of Pirates... i believe that will be at E3. it's been a while since it's reveal trailer and now is the perfect time to bring it, when we least expect it... i mean, no one is talking about it! no one expects to see it at e3 cause no one remembers it is a 3DS exclusive by Keiji Inafune.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
something that i just forgot about... Kaio: King of Pirates... i believe that will be at E3. it's been a while since it's reveal trailer and now is the perfect time to bring it, when we least expect it... i mean, no one is talking about it! no one expects to see it at e3 cause no one remembers it is a 3DS exclusive by Keiji Inafune.
For some reason the first thing I noticed was the chest. She isn't wearing a bra

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
We talkin Nintendo-only top five? Well, in that case...

1) Bowser Jr. (Little turtle tyke has grown on me, what can I say?)

2) Ridley (Probably one of the most iconic characters in Metroid outside of Samus and the titular parasite. Worthy of being playable, imo.)

3) Claus/Masked Man (Beam Sword? Check. Psychic powers? Check. Pig henchmen? Check. Moveset potential? You betcha.)

4) Mewtwo (Bring back my favorite Pokemon, plz.)

5) Paper Mario (The games were awesome and a playable Mario from that franchise would be awesome. It's like, derp.)

Smooth Criminal

Oh, and Mike Jones from Star Tropic for wtf rep.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Nintendo is going to have 2 live streams.

stream 1 on june 5th will be the main stream... stream 2 on june 6th will be software focused.

and smooth criminal isn't so smooth now... he failed to put his staple name at the bottom after he edited his post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom