• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So when did they decide to you wavedash then? Was it a Tekken player or something?
The guy who is often credited with "discovering" Melee wavedashing was the OP in that thread, but someone else found out about it earlier and made a thread about a weird movement. This was truly just the 1st person to describe it. The first person to show a video of it and apply it in competitive play came a bit later! ;)

Wavedashing in Tekken predates wavedashing in Smash, though.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
BTW lukin,that question is bugging me for a while now:
Why don't you have a melee main?
I never had a GameCube,and I never had the opportunity to play Melee.

I will go to a tournament in June,and looks like it will have Melee and Brawl.

I will play the brawl tournament and maybe test Melee in the freeplay after the tournament.
I will test my favorite characters:
Yoshi,Ness and Jigglypuff.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Ok,thanks for telling me.

And good luck.
Don't forget,melee plays pretty different from the two others,i recommend you watch some videos,you probably already did but the more you will watch,the easier it will be too learn.
And again,good luck. ;)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
[COLLAPSE=Here is an awesome picture I found of Roy that was an early loading screen shot for All-Star Mode in Melee."]
[/COLLAPSE]I wish such screen shots would appear while such single-player modes load, and while Brawl starts up. :ohwell:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Mypantisgone:

continuing our wonderful conversation,why do not you reveal your mains?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The discussion is now MUSIC!!!

This song needs to play on a Metroid stage.

Also, the DKC2 Kaptain K. Rool boss fight theme 100% needs to be on a Donkey Kong stage. It is a perfect battle theme! Heck, it could even play if you fight King K. Rool as a boss in Adventure Mode (hopefully he is still playable), or even if you fight K. Rool head on in classic or All-Star mode! :bee:

The K. Roolenstein DKC3 boss theme and the K. Rool DK64 boss theme should also be in the next smash, dagnabbit it!

And dang it, all the new stages from the Donkey Kong franchise need to be from DKC! No crappy Donkey Kong arcade stages or post-Rare/pre-DKC Returns crap. DKC1-3, DK64, and DKC Returns only!

Random side note: Bowser in his Clown Car and/or Giant Bowser on a small Super Mario Galaxy-esk planetoid should be a boss IMHO!

Is there anyone who would prefer the new smash games to greatly change the overall "formula" which makes the series unique? The entire series is based off a king of the hill sort of gameplay. I think Nintendo has a decent idea at keeping various game modes possible, but it might be more fun to get it more customized in certain areas. I'm trying to imagine a party game out of stamina mode where they include walls which you do not bounce off of, but rather get wedged into. Like any other traditional fighter game.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Kid Icarus: Uprising - Reset Bomb Forest
Kid Icarus Uprising - Underwolrd Gatekeeper
Mario Galaxy - Bowser Battle

Is there anyone who would prefer the new smash games to greatly change the overall "formula" which makes the series unique? The entire series is based off a king of the hill sort of gameplay. I think Nintendo has a decent idea at keeping various game modes possible, but it might be more fun to get it more customized in certain areas. I'm trying to imagine a party game out of stamina mode where they include walls which you do not bounce off of, but rather get wedged into. Like any other traditional fighter game.
Didn't they kinda do that in Melee?
Stamina mode is so hype. Nobody even knows

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wonder if they'll get 36 guys again. or go full out orchestra for some.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Xeylode
Smash's platform-like (and even party-game like) style is probably the biggest reason the series has been the most popular fighting game franchise for over a decade. I also think that the off the stage gameplay/recovery adds quite a bit of depth (even for casual smashers), loads of hype, and all kinds of unique gameplay. Thus, I don't expect it to go away.

As for a stamina mode (much like traditional fighting games), I would imagine such a mode will probably be expanded. I know in Melee there was speculation (based on picture evidence) that you could adjust a player's stamina up very high. It would be interesting to see. As for walls, you could always just make a stage builder stage. I've seen stage builder stages like what you just described. With all our advanced Brawl hacking these days, you could probably even put a Street Fighter stage in Brawl! :laugh:

@ Falchion PAWWNNCCCHHHH!!!
You showed me some good moves tunes! :shades:

Edit: Seriously, someone made a stage of Planet Earth, of Hyrule Field, and of the Temple of Time. Heck, someone even made a hack where you can fight on Jesus!

Please dear Holy Sakurai, let such hacks return in Smash Wii U and Smash 3DS! :grin:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Also, this Blue Luigi needs to be in the next smash bros.

And dang it, K.K. Slider's songs on Smashville should be selectable from the music menu. If one plays, he appears and performs a concert to play the song. It shouldn't just be a Saturday night thing!

Also, this song would be funny on Smashville. It was a "lost track" on the Brawl disc.

The same goes for this NES/generic sports medley being on the disc. It would be a great song on a retro stage.

The theme of Stunt Race FX would be a perfect song for Mario Circuit, which is what it probably was initially on the Brawl dsic.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
This outfit is much darker. Luigi's Smash 64/Melee/Brawl blue outfit is really light. It's like comparing sky blue to this shade royal blue.

The design and non-blues colors are different too as well (I think).

Also, the (full?) Metal Gear Solid 3 theme should be in Smash too, dang it!!! :cool:

I especially like the part of that song that's like a remix of the chase scene from MGS3 in the Grazni Grad sewers. That part was fun, but ridiculously hard on Extreme! :facepalm:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It looks a lot less darker than I thought, actually. But I can see it is just a tad darker. Not as much as I previously thought. Maybe the white background makes it look "lighter." Also, interestingly there are wrinkles on the BETA picture on the right but not on the left in game picture (or at least more so on the right picture than the left picture).

It kinda reminds me how Mario's red was made more light in the final version of Brawl compared to the early trailers.

Edit: This kid on the top. Urg.
Finally getting him into competitive Melee.
:cool:

D

Deleted member

I still don't see a difference. :(
Maybe in the shoes, as they seem to have a green tint in the first image.

D

Deleted member

More Donkey Kong Country music would definitely be appreciated. DKC, DKC2 (haven't played #3 yet) and DK64 all had great, memorable music that is another example of the greatness that is those games.

Mad Jack theme for Smash 4!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder, if (and this is a pretty big if) they announce things like characters for SSBWU how long will it take for this site to crash. And then how long will it be for for there's a new subsection.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I wonder, if (and this is a pretty big if) they announce things like characters for SSBWU how long will it take for this site to crash. And then how long will it be for for there's a new subsection.
The site will EXPLODE as soon as it happens, with no hope for any recovery. Especially if
Tingle
is revealed.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Tingle or Geno...

Do you not think that Bowser Jr. is a better option than both?
:awesome:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Well, Lukin/Habanero, I think Starfy would be better than all 3 combined. :laugh:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Tingle would be better than Geno, IMO. Actually, Scratch IMO because it's less Opinion and more Objective fact.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Well, Lukin/Habanero, I think Starfy would be better than all 3 combined. :laugh:
Now this is a guy that has true taste! Starfy, my good sir, is the very definition of absolute manliness.

Look at this guy. A soulless stare that can silence gods, a smile that wins the heart of millions, a spin attack that can shift oceans, and can even fly over the heavens. Plus he's a star, the manliest shape ever crafted by human hands. Oh, and did I mention he's a legendary hero despite being only 7 years old?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I don't think Hab can judge taste based on his affection for that ******* Dillon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom