• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The sad thing is, Baby Waluigi may end up being more liked that Waluigi himself. :troll:

wezai

Smash Journeyman
Guys every time I read this thread there's long discussions about what characters have a better chance than others and etc.

So does anyone have a solid idea of what characters are almost guaranteed in the next Smash? And what characters might drop out if any at all? I'm a bit curious. ^^

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Baby Petey Piranha? **** no. But wait, isn't the grown *** one a baby? That thing can't ride Yoshi. :laugh:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Obviously you are all forgetting Baby Baby Mario and Baby Baby Peach, or Sperm Mario and Egg Peach for short. :troll:

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Not like he's doing much with the social group dead. Unless it's hockey season.
Yeah, there was something about Russia beating Slovakia on Wikipedia the other day, so I guess Toise's team must have lost and he is currently going through depression but in a way that is much cooler than any of our depressions.
I don't mope over defeat nor drink, and it's easier to just wait for E3 for non-******** activity to pick up.

Did start playing Xenoblade though.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
We've had some legitimate activity. In fact, ******** activity may arrive after E3.

And how far did you get in Xenoblade? It is too good.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
I'm at the excellently named Prison Island, and I wish it was full of ruffians and ne'er-do-wells. Game's a little too easy because of constant EXP rewards for doing nothing and plot is kinda predictable, but it's still good.

Still kinda don't care about Shulk in Smash, he's the only party member I never feel like playing as. Well, him and Riki.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The only thing I think even the casual gamers would recognize if Shulk is ever playable in Smash would be his red sword. It's even on the box art.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Calling it, Shulk will have a gimmick where his attacks do less damage to human characters. If you're familiar with Shulk's sword, you'll understand why.

D

Deleted member

Been listening to a lot of The Last Story music lately, particularly Dance of Death and Invitation to Madness. Those songs are brilliant and I hope they are in Smash 4.

@Metal Overlord: Seems about right in regards to wanted females. Medusa could arguably fit under it, but her popularity has experienced a decline as time has gone on. It doesn't help that many people supported Medusa (myself included) for a female villain.

@Starphoenix: I think King K. Rool is closest to our lock for this game, but Palutena does have very good odds for her.

King K. Rool
Mewtwo
Isaac
Takamaru
Palutena
Dixie Kong
Ridley
Mii
Krystal
Mega Man
Little Mac
Samurai Goroh

All of these characters I believe will be playable in the next game. A couple of those like King K. Rool and Mewtwo I am confident will show up and am willing to bet on that. Others like Samurai Goroh I feel are less likely but feel odds are for them getting in.

As for Ridley, something tells me that he'll be one of the first characters Sakurai will try to get in, with the massive Western demand for him and him technically acknowledging he was a possibility. What I'm trying to say is that due to the difficulties that may arise to developing Ridley, it's best for him to try to get him in the game first so that if it works, they'll have time to implement him in.

I can't really see Mewtwo being a starter (although him being revealed in a trailer would be beyond awesome) due to being an unlockable in Melee. I think if it returns, it will be an unlockable. As for Mega Man, he will probably be one of the later additions due to third-party status if he gets in.

A Square Enix character would be nice. I for one would love Geno or Crono to be the rep, but I'd settle for Slime. However, I'm kinda worried Cloud may get a FF7 remake on the 3DS.
Holder of the Heel said:
I'm thinking I am the only one that likes Ammy more than Mega, but that is probably because Mega has waaaaaaay better chances.
I feel similarly to you with multiple characters.

I would prefer Deoxys and Genesect over more likely Pokemon newcomers and I would also prefer Leaf over Roy and Krom. Rooting for an under supported character like those would be so much fun if they had much of a chance, which they don't.

@---: Did Toise's thoughts on Kid Icarus get you down on Palutena's chances? I have a feeling that may be the reason why.

I also find it sad that people tried to shoot down the four criteria Sakurai explicitly stated he considered when considering characters when you posted that on GameFAQs. That's valuable information that could do the GameFAQs speculation community much good.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Calling it, Shulk will have a gimmick where his attacks do less damage to human characters. If you're familiar with Shulk's sword, you'll understand why.
So, only Mario, Luigi, Peach, Wario, Samus, Ice Climbers, Captain Falcon, Ness, Lucas, Marth, Ike, and Snake would be good against Shulk? Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf, and Toon Link aren't humans... they are Hylians, Sheikah and Gerudo. Pit isn't human, he's an angel. Olimar isn't human, he isn't even from Earth! :bee:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@---: Did Toise's thoughts on Kid Icarus get you down on Palutena's chances? I have a feeling that may be the reason why.

I also find it sad that people tried to shoot down the four criteria Sakurai explicitly stated he considered when considering characters when you posted that on GameFAQs. That's valuable information that could do the GameFAQs speculation community much good.
Toise? Naw, it's something that's always been in the back of my mind even through the goddess wars between me and Oasis, it's more prominate in my mind now because I've lost all of my KI hype now that Uprising is out. Not just Palutena but KI getting a character in general.

That info is really only good if you don't overthink it and have prior knowledge about the development of the Smash series, more specifically, how Sakurai works.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Later in the game
it acquires the ability to hurt humans.

Been listening to a lot of The Last Story music lately, particularly Dance of Death and Invitation to Madness. Those songs are brilliant and I hope they are in Smash 4.
I'll go check that out. If you get the game next month, we should play online some along with yani. :D

King K. Rool
Mewtwo
Isaac
Takamaru
Palutena
Dixie Kong
Ridley
Mii
Krystal
Mega Man
Little Mac
Samurai Goroh
Save for the last two and Isaac I have to agree that there is a decent chance of seeing them. Maybe not so much Takamaru compared to the others, but legitimate enough to support.

As for Ridley, something tells me that he'll be one of the first characters Sakurai will try to get in, with the massive Western demand for him and him technically acknowledging he was a possibility. What I'm trying to say is that due to the difficulties that may arise to developing Ridley, it's best for him to try to get him in the game first so that if it works, they'll have time to implement him in.
While I agree with you in part, I do think the fact that he would be more difficult to implement he might be last in the off-chance that it doesn't work. He did imply/say/whatever it could work, so perhaps you are right.

I'm at the excellently named Prison Island, and I wish it was full of ruffians and ne'er-do-wells. Game's a little too easy because of constant EXP rewards for doing nothing and plot is kinda predictable, but it's still good.

Still kinda don't care about Shulk in Smash, he's the only party member I never feel like playing as. Well, him and Riki.
The game gets a bit confusing towards the end honestly. And the story line is oddly the easiest, there are some crazy mobs outside of it that are pretty insane.

I'm surprised you feel that way about Shulk and Riki, I feel Shulk as necessary and it is hard to trust Shulk with the Monado as a CPU, same with Riki really, they both can be used well when in your hands. I think Melia is the worst CPU/best player character according to people online.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
For ****z and giggles, I made a mock Universe roster.
I made this however on the ideas that a)Every Brawl veteran made it and b)Mewtwo came back. (It was just a list of Newcomers and Sonic, not the entire Roster, so there is nothing against past veterans returning, and Mewtwo is the most likely out of past veterans...)
That kinda looks decent, I guess. Maybe I could live with this leaked Smash Wii U roster... just wish that Toad, Tingle, and Dixie Kong are there as well.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Companies tend to be very protective of IP's that they own(or not) and go to lengthy extremes to make sure no one else makes money that they feel is rightfully theirs(even if it isn't). Many times these fights border on the ridiculous(see Avatar vs. Avatar: The Last Airbender).

When Brawl was released, allowing Snake to br included was a win-win. Nintendo got the money of MGS fans and Sony got to advertise Solid Snake to an entire new demographic, which would boost the sales of MGS4.

Now that Snake is in that Sony Smash game, there is direct competition. Anyone who would play Sony Allstars only for Snake could easily just pick up Smash4 and not even bother with the other. That possibility of losing out on potential revenue could easily be enough to keep Snake from returning. But you have the added factor of the next MGS starring Raiden and not Snake, so the advertising potential is greatly diminished.

Then again, I'm not a lawyer and I could be wrong. Kojima and Sakurai ARE friends(although I don't know how much that matters), and Sony could decide to not be a bunch of ****s, but I'm starting to worry about Snake's chances.

:phone:
This is pretty much the thought process I take when evaluating third party characters. Especially when we get to discussing Square Enix characters. Yes, especially them...

That's an overexaggeration.
If anything, try to say anything about Waluigi that isn't negative, and all Hell breaks loose.
I won't lie, I think Waluigi gets unfairly criticized. Though I dislike him in comparison to other selections, the fact that he was an AT over other Mario characters (even Dr. Mario) shows that at least at some point he was being considered.

I'll hate to see what happens to the Waluigi discussion if he is in fact in New Super Mario Bros. 2.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
And yet Dr. Mario is one of the Forbidden Seven, not Waluigi.

I also hope Toad is in New Super Mario Bros. 2, regardless if Waluigi is in it or not.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'll hate to see what happens to the Waluigi discussion if he is in fact in New Super Mario Bros. 2.
Don't give us fan ideas. :p

But seriously, I agree. People overhate him for pretty bad reasons.(mainly, the canon one)

I can understand the hate of Baby Daisy, but Waluigi... yeah, no. Even Petey's more popular than Baby Daisy, I think.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Just found this little fan art. This is something I had envisioned Duck Hunt Dog to be like if he ever becomes a playable character in Smash. :awesome:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've been brainstorming female characters and what I've got, in order of how cool I think they'd be (least to most)

Princess Daisy
Dark Samus (at least I think it qualifies)
Princess Rosalina
Palutena
Krystal
Gardevoir

That's just my personal preferences, I won't argue at length about why or how.
I lost interest in Gardevoir after the Brawl hype.

Anyway, Rosalina, Palutena, and Krystal are probably my top picks on that list. However, you did overlook Dixie Kong.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Don't give us fan ideas. :p

But seriously, I agree. People overhate him for pretty bad reasons.(mainly, the canon one)

I can understand the hate of Baby Daisy, but Waluigi... yeah, no. Even Petey's more popular than Baby Daisy, I think.
Yeah, some do. I mean, I love Petey because usually, when he shows up, it makes a funny scene funnier. The baseball games make him seem funny, too. Baby Daisy in Super Mario Sluggers, though... I want to hit that ***** with the baseball every time she bats.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The only female characters I want at this point are Palutena, Medusa, and Dixie Kong (either alone or teamed with Diddy or Kiddy). However I wouldn't mind Krystal if she isn't a Fox clone.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
A part of me desperately hopes Nintendo either reboots the Custom Robo series or creates a new IP that centers around futuristic technology ala Megaman Battle Network. I need Shinji Hosoe to come back and work on some Nintendo projects. So freaking badly.

D

Deleted member

Starphoenix said:
The most active Waluigi supporters are very rabid and they will latch on to anything that supposedly "helps" Waluigi chances at this point, not to mention defended Waluigi's absence in Mario Kart 7 to death.

Whenever or not a major non-party/sports game appearance will help his chances for future games remains to be seen if he were to be in New Super Mario Bros. 2. I don't think a playable appearance in that alonet will do anything for Waluigi's chances, but I think assuming that does happen, we could very well see Waluigi's fan base expand considerably, especially if he become more recurring in the main series afterwards. But ultimately, I don't think he's ever going to make a playable mainstream appearance and I don't think he's going to get a playable spot in Smash (thought I'd like to see him playable in Smash 4 and NSMB2).

Either way, prepare for even more fuel to the Waluigi fan base.
Starphoenix said:
A part of me desperately hopes Nintendo either reboots the Custom Robo series or creates a new IP that centers around futuristic technology ala Megaman Battle Network. I need Shinji Hosoe to come back and work on some Nintendo projects. So freaking badly.
I love futuristic things. Technology of the future excites me and I like shows that emphasize it. Should explain me getting into the Astro Boy fan base and to a lesser extend, explain why I want Mega Man, Saki, and Ray in Smash, because I like futuristic things.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
The ultimate irony: Petey gets a spin-off series like Wario and Yoshi before Waluigi gets a non-spinoff appearance. :troll: :laugh: :awesome:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Someone else I'd like to see work on a Nintendo project (or anything for that matter) is Hiroki Kikuta. Surely Monolith Soft could use him somewhere. I need my neo-Secret of Mana jazz fusion sound.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Just found this little fan art. This is something I had envisioned Duck Hunt Dog to be like if he ever becomes a playable character in Smash. :awesome:

I'm getting a small Ren and Stimpy vibe from this.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
That DHD fanart makes me think of Looney Tunes for some reason. Especially the laugh.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I gotta admit. The more Arc posts about DHD, the more I want him in.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm getting a small Ren and Stimpy vibe from this.
I miss those cartoons. :c

But yeah, he would probably have a crazy personality... like Ren and Stimpy... then again, he is crazy enough to laugh at the person who is pointing a gun at him. Over and over again. :troll:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I gotta admit. The more Arc posts about DHD, the more I want him in.
Honestly, me too. I used to not think twice about the idea, but now I'm kinda excited for it.

Oh jeezum, what's happening to me... :troll:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, some do. I mean, I love Petey because usually, when he shows up, it makes a funny scene funnier. The baseball games make him seem funny, too. Baby Daisy in Super Mario Sluggers, though... I want to hit that ***** with the baseball every time she bats.
...Baby Daisy is in Super Mario Sluggers?! Damnit, I can't use the one-off appearance against her. :mad: But seriously, yeah, Petey's a far more interesting character. Especially for one that also wears a diaper. Might be because he's an original version of the Piranha Plants, which Baby Daisy is just a really lame clone. Hell, Pichu blows her out of the water of coolness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom