• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Well, I have read everything put up here, it is probably more likely that I have forgotten that part now that I think about it. o-o

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Which is funny, because that interview is found on IGN.

But you already knew that. Now show them the light ---!
I was more or less refering to the IGN boards. The guys in charge of IGN are a mixed bag, but they certainly have a way with getting an interview out of Sakurai.

Here's a quicky that is for 3rd parties: http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/wii/ssbb/6/1

And since I'm too lazy to dig up the several third party links that state that adding them is hard, here's SmashChu's awesome blog.

Hopefully this proves my theory of "Who the heck knows."

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
...Why in the world do people want Geno of all things so badly? I'll never understand this no matter how hard I think.
I wouldn't say THE WHOLE WORLD, he's just definitely the most rallied behind SE character. Is he the best choice in terms of representing SE? No, not really, but he's probably the most wanted SE character.

Honestly, there isn't too much requests for FF or DQ characters. Some, but not much.

I mean, he is more boss than that armadillo thing. Truth. Can't be discussed/debated/argued/contested.
****ing Rolling Western. -_-

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Because uh Geno is boss, and he was in a boss game, that people want more bossness of, and if Geno's particular bossness gets in, then we can possibly get the more bossness people also want as well.

I mean, he is more boss than that armadillo thing. Truth. Can't be discussed/debated/argued/contested.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Geno may be the "most wanted" character, but that doesn't mean he'd bring in the money, hype, or fan base like all kinds of other Square Enix characters.
John, no.
My argument in response to what you are saying: "Snake and Sonic in smash make money for Nintendo, SEGA, and Konami, and more awareness of their products and games."

Your argument (ignoring what is being said by myself and bread): "No"

If you want to prove us "wrong," then actually present points that prove DIRECTLY what myself and bread did. All you are doing is tap dancing around them and saying "no" like my girlfriend's 10 month old nephew who doesn't know any other words. :laugh:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero

Yessssss, I get to use this again

Snake may not come back, but honestly, I don't see why everyone keeps saying he won't come back because of Battle Royale

If it's because Nintendo are Sony are rivals, well, it's not like Battle Royale and Smash 4 are coming out at the same time, they'll be at least two years apart from each other. There wouldn't be any overlap or anything, so I'm certain they can both have Snake without much conflict. Now if a sequel to Battle Royale came out around the same time as Smash 4 that has Snake in it again (assuming Snake is in Battle Royale, which mind you, is not confirmed yet)

If someone can prove me wrong or point out holes in my logic though, I'll be glad to hear what you have to say

If Snake leaves, I believe that it'll be because Sakurai will view third party guests as a one-time thing and ultimately give them the boot because of that (whether he replaces them with new ones or not would also be up to him)

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale is SSB4's rival.

Oh, and the only reason why Geno isn't the hypest of the hype is because his hype would target the more hardcore. I think dedicating a third part slot for that and maybe another for a more contemporary 3rd like Megaman would be fair.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
My argument in response to what you are saying: "Snake and Sonic in smash make money for Nintendo, SEGA, and Konami, and more awareness of their products and games."

Your argument (ignoring what is being said by myself and bread): "No"

If you want to prove us "wrong," then actually present points that prove DIRECTLY what myself and bread did. All you are doing is tap dancing around them and saying "no" like my girlfriend's 10 month old nephew who doesn't know any other words. :laugh:
John, no.

I shouldn't have to tell you that your argument is arbitrary because Nintendo is the most successful gaming company ever, and doesn't need Sonic or Snake to make sales. Would they lose some money? Some, maybe. But they do not need them like you say they do.

Just don't try and use that boosh argument on me, because its silly as ****.

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale is SSB4's rival.
Completely.

WELL, I have a hot boy to get naked, so, I'll see yall gay ***** later.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
While Nintendo doesn't need those greenbacks, Nintendo is a money-loving company like everyone else, so I think what John is alluring to is that Nintendo wants that cash. Though that doesn't seal the deal on anything really because of controversy and the difficulty.

Not sure if there is any real way to measure how much they gained from the insertion of Snake and Sonic, at any rate.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Not sure if there is any real way to measure how much they gained from the insertion of Snake and Sonic, at any rate.
There isn't a massive gain, but Snake and Sonic defiantly did help with hyping and selling the game. Especially Sonic, who was a highly requested character right from the beginning.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
While Nintendo doesn't need those greenbacks, Nintendo is a money-loving company like everyone else, so I think what John is alluring to is that Nintendo wants that cash. Though that doesn't seal the deal on anything really because of controversy and the difficulty.

I promise you, it's no way near as needed, or as much as John would like you to believe.

Nintendo loves money, and they can DEFINITELY make it without third parties.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Battle Royale hasn't even come out yet and people already consider it a rival?
I don't think you realize how insanely vicious companies get about IP law. I am legitimately concerned that Snake will be axed, which would totally blow. Removing a unique moveset is really unfortunate.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I promise you, it's no way near as needed, or as much as John would like you to believe.

Nintendo loves money, and they can DEFINITELY make it without third parties.
Oh I definitely agree, Nintendo in no way needs that at all. Third parties in SSB4 are in no way shape or form set in stone.

There isn't a massive gain, but Snake and Sonic defiantly did help with hyping and selling the game. Especially Sonic, who was a highly requested character right from the beginning.
I'm talking like a way to see the exact net gain from the strategy. We can easily assume that yeah there was more attention brought to it by that, but that isn't what I mean precisely.

Battle Royale hasn't even come out yet and people already consider it a rival?
As for Title Fight, I was somewhat kidding, but there is something to say about it. Anything that they do right in terms of online, mechanics, physics, whatever you can think of, people are going to start lifting up their expectations whether they know it or not, for SSB4, no matter how long it takes for it to come out. Not saying that the build up your meter to get a KO is a good idea, but I'm saying anything that they actually do well, will inflict some sort of expectations on us. Even if you hate the game's guts like John you still have a reason to think that way because you are going to assume SSB4 will do everything better. BAM you have had your expectations muddled with from Sony's game.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
...Why in the world do people want Geno, of all things, so badly? I'll never understand this no matter how hard I think.
It's because Fatmanonice convinced many fans into jumping on the Geno bandwagon in 2007.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249

You could measure the 1st or 2nd party content that they couldve put in instead of sonic, snake, their stages, and their trophies and then maybe ask a random sample of smash players which they'd prefer. Obviously.

Metal people like to jump to conclusions. Everyone does it at some point or another even when minimal evidence is presented. The simple fact that the game could pose as a threat because it is much more similar to smash than other popular fighters, in many minds, means it will pose as a threat. With that being said, I agree with shortie.

:phone:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Hoots- Care to enlighten me then? No seriously I would appreciate it because I don't like the feeling of being ignorant to these type of things (which I feel like I am now)

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
You could measure the 1st or 2nd party content that they couldve put in instead of sonic, snake, their stages, and their trophies and then maybe ask a random sample of smash players which they'd prefer. Obviously.
Er that tells me nothing on how much more money Nintendo got because of third party characters. XD

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
For whatever reason I forgot you were talking about money in the 2nd part of your post.

Change "which they'd prefer" to would they still buy it if it had the 1st/2nd party content. Change random sample to representative sample. Take the percent of the rep sample that said they wouldn't buy it and subtract that percentage from the total revenue brawl made. Then add in the money nintendo would have saved by not investing in third parties. And liquidate the resources such as time that would not have been used of third parties were excluded and add that to total revenue. Obviously. Apparently I have to spell out EVERYTHING.
/imkindabored

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Nor has SSB4. They're similar games at this point. Not exactly the same, obviously. I see it as a current rival, although depending on its quality, that may change.
The difference is that Smash Bros. already has 3 games in the series.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Well thats the thing, you would have to do a HUUUGE poll that asked people if they would have purchased the game if Sonic or Snake had been in it. Conducting a small poll would provide nothing, especially here since anyone on these boards would buy a Smash Bros. game because it is a Smash Bros. game.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@Kuma: do you have an animation to explain the Sspecial?i imagine it a little but i think i may be a little out of the way. :|

But more in character.

Zero Suit Samus: A new take on the main heroin of Metroid with a cool new gun and whip. Plus tons of sex appeal (which Paletuna doesn't quite have nearly as much of).
Palutena's got leg.

@Star: Only acceptable one is Tifa, since she has two big reasons to be added in. :troll:
1. She's a girl that kicks ***.
2. She's not Cloud.

What, you didn't think I was talking about her breasts, did you? You sick pervert. :smirk:
And she's freaking gorgeous.

All my money, all of it.

Geno may be the "most wanted" character, but that doesn't mean he'd bring in the money, hype, or fan base like all kinds of other Square Enix characters.
True, but he's also the ideal third option character. He belongs neither to Final Fantasy nor Square Enix.

I still think he's the next Poison.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
A representative sample by definition is pretty Smaaaaaaall. Just make sure all major groups are represented by a few people.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Are people talking about who might be the first newcomers revealed? I still think it would be Toad, Little Mac, Palutena, Takamaru, and Mega Man.

^_^ Does anyone find my move descriptions too complicated?

I like Ammy way more than Megaman. Ammy was what sealed the deal for me for MvC3 (even though I haven't played it since March 2011).
Mewtwo's Light Screen? Not at all... I understood what you were saying... thanks to the help of Urien's demonstration. :awesome: It seems more like Falco's Reflector except you can set up two Light Screens at one time.

Amaterasu, Arthur, Mike Haggar, Super Skrull, and Thor were the newcomers that got me excited for MvC3. Firebrand and Ghost Rider got me excited for UMvC3. :awesome:

I need to try finishing Gargoyle's Quest on my 3DS and replay Okami (Wii) and Okamiden... it's been a while since I finished those two games. Maybe I should download Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts (SNES) and Ghouls 'n Ghosts (MD) on my Wii... it's been many years since I last played them. I finished Final Fight 2 and Final Fight 3 and am still working on Fight Fight (Sodom/Katana in the second level is hard).

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Shulk and Paletuna wouldn't create that much hype, because not many people have played their games. Toad... eh. He's too much of a supporting character to be someone a lot of people would be hyped for. I mean, it's not like people would buy the game just because Toad is playable. He isn't Sonic! :laugh:
Most characters aren't going to excite players like Wario, Diddy or even Pit. The pool is just getting smaller.

Shulk and Palutena have the nice charm of being characters that work, are popular enough but also not too popular to seem less obvious. Even Brawl's original trailer had Meta-Knight and Zero Suit Samus, two characters who weren't the cream of the crop in terms of request.

Star. I'm really confused by your confidence in Dixie. Is it fueled mainly by "The Forbidden Seven"(God I hate that phrase...)?

Dixie is popular world wide and more so in Japan. She has a big appeal.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Mewtwo's Light Screen? Not at all... I understood what you were saying... thanks to the help of Urien's demonstration. :awesome: It seems more like Falco's Reflector except you can set up two Light Screens at one time.
The reason why I asked if it was complicated because you know I always go into the various applications and the strategic use behind them.

It's like Falco's reflector except it doesn't retract and it's a wall bounce if you knock someone into it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The difference is that Smash Bros. already has 3 games in the series.
Which means nothing. Sony Playstation All-Stars is a rival to SSB4 only. Having more than one game only matters if they're all of severely great quality. Unfortunately, no series can really say that. Mainly because Brawl just has too many mixed opinions. Either way, we never were talking about SSB and SPAS being direct rivals. Just SPAS being a rival to SSB4. As in comparing those two games specifically.

Many people have questioned Brawl's quality before and still do. Some people don't even consider the Smash games quality.(which is bull, as they're all great overall)

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
If they want added money they do. And money is what business is all about. Stop saying money isn't, no one's buying that.

Without all the money and hype Snake and Sonic brought to Brawl, Brawl would have made millions less, it would have appeal to less gamers, and it would have appealed less to the people who were going to buy it (thus lowering the chances of them buying any potential sequels or related products). If you want to turn away from millions of dollars and possibly end up having more long-term PAYING customers, that means you wanna go out of business.

Snake and Sonic's PAYING fan bases are bigger than the fan bases of any potential new 1st/2nd party character not in smash already, and most of the characters that are in smash already.
Melee and 64 did extremely well without Sonic or Snake. It don't think Brawl's success had that much to do with the third party characters (plus most MGS fans are on Sony systems anyway).

John, no.

Do I need Toise to come in here and tell you and Breadman to shush? Because he would be doing that right now.
Not like he's doing much with the social group dead. Unless it's hockey season.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Well, Shorts, it kind of does matter what wise I'm talking about. Reach into that magic bag of quotes and find me one where he says legal dealings are more difficult than the designing parts.

Settle down, I'm not threatening your notion that third parties will continue to have a diminished role, because adding them is hard. Hard to design.

I was making a point about how overblown the legal matters surrounding third parties is, not punching you in the ego.
First of all, I want you to actually say WHY the legal dealings are not hard rather than sit here and say "They aren't hard guys. Cereal. I'm a lawyer."

Since you are challenging the notion, prove your point.

My bad for double post.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Not like he's doing much with the social group dead. Unless it's hockey season.
Yeah, there was something about Russia beating Slovakia on Wikipedia the other day, so I guess Toise's team must have lost and he is currently going through depression but in a way that is much cooler than any of our depressions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom