• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Kuma, I somehow forgot to say this earlier, but I love the idea of Mewtwo having Light Screen as a Down B

:phone:
Thanks. I was looking at his in-game moves a while back and Light Screen sticked out. It helps that I was watching some 3S matches the night before.

lol armchair lawyers

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Killer Instinct= MK's true rival

Not Street Fighter

Well, KI was based upon the idea.

Then Clayfighter was another comedy version of MK.

Also, KI vs MK.

Kid Icarus(Captain N) vs Meta Knight(Kirby: Right Back at Ya!)

I'm trying to think of how many MK clones we've had...

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, I forgot that if you mention the pink Rayman/Mega Man hybrid (before someone calls me out on the Mega Man part, I'm referring to the fact that Joy Mecha Fight's story is pretty much like Mega Man's.) in front of Oasis, he gets depressed...

Hoots

Can Be Combative
@Hoots- Care to enlighten me then? No seriously I would appreciate it because I don't like the feeling of being ignorant to these type of things (which I feel like I am now)
Companies tend to be very protective of IP's that they own(or not) and go to lengthy extremes to make sure no one else makes money that they feel is rightfully theirs(even if it isn't). Many times these fights border on the ridiculous(see Avatar vs. Avatar: The Last Airbender).

When Brawl was released, allowing Snake to br included was a win-win. Nintendo got the money of MGS fans and Sony got to advertise Solid Snake to an entire new demographic, which would boost the sales of MGS4.

Now that Snake is in that Sony Smash game, there is direct competition. Anyone who would play Sony Allstars only for Snake could easily just pick up Smash4 and not even bother with the other. That possibility of losing out on potential revenue could easily be enough to keep Snake from returning. But you have the added factor of the next MGS starring Raiden and not Snake, so the advertising potential is greatly diminished.

Then again, I'm not a lawyer and I could be wrong. Kojima and Sakurai ARE friends(although I don't know how much that matters), and Sony could decide to not be a bunch of ****s, but I'm starting to worry about Snake's chances.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Companies tend to be very protective of IP's that they own(or not) and go to lengthy extremes to make sure no one else makes money that they feel is rightfully theirs(even if it isn't). Many times these fights border on the ridiculous(see Avatar vs. Avatar: The Last Airbender).
Why did you remind that this movie happened?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I've been brainstorming female characters and what I've got, in order of how cool I think they'd be (least to most)

Princess Daisy
Dark Samus (at least I think it qualifies)
Princess Rosalina
Palutena
Krystal
Gardevoir

That's just my personal preferences, I won't argue at length about why or how.

D

Deleted member

There's kind of a solution to the Snake dilema.
Smash Snake is Solid Snake/Naked Snake hybrid (references to MGS3, the beard, etc.)
PSAS Snake is Old Snake.

PROBLEM SOLVED. :awesome:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I've been brainstorming female characters and what I've got, in order of how cool I think they'd be (least to most)

Princess Daisy
Dark Samus (at least I think it qualifies)
Princess Rosalina
Palutena
Krystal
Gardevoir

That's just my personal preferences, I won't argue at length about why or how.
What about Dixie Kong, Kat and Ana, Mona, Captain Syrup, and/or Medusa?

Dark Samus has no official gender in canon. It's only Samus' suit, but the rest is phazon. Gardevoir is not gendered specifically, unlike Gallade, heh. Daisy's... let's be honest, she's about as bland as Mario and doesn't offer as much as other characters.(Paper Mario, Toad, Waluigi, Spear Guy, and others)

Only ones I think really have a chance are Krystal and Palutena. There's better options than some of the other list.(I think Dark Samus is best as a costume or Story Mode boss)

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
We should just get Baby Snake. You know, like Baby Mario and the like.

I can tell I've just come up with something brilliant.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What about Dixie Kong, Kat and Ana, Mona, Captain Syrup, and/or Medusa?

Dark Samus has no official gender in canon. It's only Samus' suit, but the rest is phazon. Gardevoir is not gendered specifically, unlike Gallade, heh. Daisy's... let's be honest, she's about as bland as Mario and doesn't offer as much as other characters.(Paper Mario, Toad, Waluigi, Spear Guy, and others)

Only ones I think really have a chance are Krystal and Palutena. There's better options than some of the other list.(I think Dark Samus is best as a costume or Story Mode boss)
I forgot about Dixie but like I said, it's the ones I think would be cool. And all pokemon in Smash Bros could be male or female (cept Mewtwo). Gardevoir's design is undeniably feminine so I just mentaly clasify the species as such.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I forgot about Dixie but like I said, it's the ones I think would be cool. And all pokemon in Smash Bros could be male or female (cept Mewtwo). Gardevoir's design is undeniably feminine so I just mentaly clasify the species as such.
Except for almost every Legendary. A lot of Pokemon also have specific genders.

The only reason people think Gardevoir works as female is because it has... an obvious endowment. Despite that not mattering at all. Apparently it's not reduced for males either. Odd jokes come abroad. >_>

Yeah, Dixie is cool. There's other choices for Zelda. Impa is one of the better secondary character choices, along with Tingle, Skull Kid, Vaati, and Ghirahim.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I never even watched much of the show and I still thought the Last Airbender movie was ****ty lol

At least it didn't have some random plot twist though, like most of the movies Shyamalan's done (I do really like The Sixth Sense, though)

When Brawl was released, allowing Snake to br included was a win-win. Nintendo got the money of MGS fans and Sony got to advertise Solid Snake to an entire new demographic, which would boost the sales of MGS4.

Now that Snake is in that Sony Smash game, there is direct competition. Anyone who would play Sony Allstars only for Snake could easily just pick up Smash4 and not even bother with the other. That possibility of losing out on potential revenue could easily be enough to keep Snake from returning. But you have the added factor of the next MGS starring Raiden and not Snake, so the advertising potential is greatly diminished.

Then again, I'm not a lawyer and I could be wrong. Kojima and Sakurai ARE friends(although I don't know how much that matters), and Sony could decide to not be a bunch of ****s, but I'm starting to worry about Snake's chances.

Well, when you put it this way, that does make me even more concerned about Snake than I was before. Thanks for the insight, anyway

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Why did you remind that this movie happened?
Lest we forget the heinous atrocities committed by M. Night Shyamalan against one of the greatest animated series of all time. We must never let such a tragedy occur ever again. Never forget!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Lest we forget the heinous atrocities committed by M. Night Shyamalan against one of the greatest animated series of all time. We must never let such a tragedy occur ever again. Never forget!

You're right. At first, I was pissed by the blatant race bending in the casting (and the unfortunate implications), but then all the premise changes pissed me off even further.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Except for almost every Legendary. A lot of Pokemon also have specific genders.

The only reason people think Gardevoir works as female is because it has... an obvious endowment. Despite that not mattering at all. Apparently it's not reduced for males either. Odd jokes come abroad. >_>

Yeah, Dixie is cool. There's other choices for Zelda. Impa is one of the better secondary character choices, along with Tingle, Skull Kid, Vaati, and Ghirahim.
Well every playable pokemon bar Mewtwo anyway. I find it weird that there's male Gardevoir but then look at your average JRPG protagonist/antagonist.

I'm not sure why the Impa fandom has exploded recently but I assume it's Ocarina Impa rather than Old Nursemaid Impa. I prefer Midna myself but didn't include her in the list cause in my mind it'd work best if she was teamed with Wolf Link.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well every playable pokemon bar Mewtwo anyway. I find it weird that there's male Gardevoir but then look at your average JRPG protagonist/antagonist.
It's Japan, enough said.

I'm not sure why the Impa fandom has exploded recently but I assume it's Ocarina Impa rather than Old Nursemaid Impa. I prefer Midna myself but didn't include her in the list cause in my mind it'd work best if she was teamed with Wolf Link.
Skyward Sword Impa is a rather popular character due to her doing more than just being pure support. She actually had some importance. Not sure it's enough to grab Sakurai's attention for anything other than a... Trophy.

I'd try to avoid a 3rd Link, that isn't, say, Shadow Link.(who isn't the actual Link, and he works fine as a costume, although one with his own special moves could work...)

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, there was something about Russia beating Slovakia on Wikipedia the other day, so I guess Toise's team must have lost and he is currently going through depression but in a way that is much cooler than any of our depressions.
Liquor
Since when?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It's Japan, enough said.

Skyward Sword Impa is a rather popular character due to her doing more than just being pure support. She actually had some importance. Not sure it's enough to grab Sakurai's attention for anything other than a... Trophy.

I'd try to avoid a 3rd Link, that isn't, say, Shadow Link.(who isn't the actual Link, and he works fine as a costume, although one with his own special moves could work...)
SKYWARD SWORD?! I need to finish that game if I'm only just learning this kinda stuff. That explains a lot in any case, thanks for shedding light on that.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Surpisingly little being heard from the Geno faction. They got real vocal and annoying during Brawl's build up, I remember. I mean he's cool but...

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
The "factions" will rise when hype for the game rises. There are no factions now because there hasn't even been a trailer. Soon it will become clear what SWF desires for SSB4, but right now things are obviously a bit quiet.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I also remembered when everyone picked on poor ROB for not being... anyone else. I can remember the source but I remember a picture of him dressed as Ridley with tears in his eyes saying "Do you love me now?"

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I also remembered when everyone picked on poor ROB for not being... anyone else. I can remember the source but I remember a picture of him dressed as Ridley with tears in his eyes saying "Do you love me now?"
Oh, I remember those days. I think I've seen that picture here a few times. :laugh:

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
They must be waiting for the appropriate time to strike..:smirk:
geno for new smash!!!!11

no, but seriously, geno in smash would be god like, no matter what you may think.

also, the only reason i would get behind toad being playable is if he had a bazooka like one mentioned in super mario rpg. :3

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Surpisingly little being heard from the Geno faction. They got real vocal and annoying during Brawl's build up, I remember. I mean he's cool but...
No. Geno support is generally looked down upon here and anyone who tries to defend him generally gets attacked with baseless insults. That is the real reason. Don't worry. There are plenty of us lying in wait.

D

Deleted member

That's an overexaggeration.
If anything, try to say anything about Waluigi that isn't negative, and all Hell breaks loose.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
That's an overexaggeration.
If anything, try to say anything about Waluigi that isn't negative, and all Hell breaks loose.
Waluigi is one of the best characters in Brawl in the Family...

Stupid brain took it as a challenge!

D

Deleted member

Well, I mean other than things of fanfiction like Brawl in the Family.

I mean saying things like he has a chance to be in Smash 4, people will go "NO EH DONT. EH IS MINUR CHARUCTER. TAOD AND BJ AND PAPUR MAIRIO R ONLY 1S WITH A CHANS."
Among other things. :laugh:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One thing you can say for Waluigi: His defeat screams inMario Party are Hilarious so if for some unknown reason he was a PC, we'd still have a use for him.

BRRRAAAAIIIIIINNNNNN!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom