• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
So what's better: NeoGAF or Gamefaqs?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I remember beating you up once.

I think you cried when I hit you in the face with Sakurai quotes.
Yeah. The only time I have literally allowed my self to get worked up in an e-argument was over at Gamefaqs. Outside of that I really don't care. Besides, you are about as threatening as a plushie.

The sad thing is that people like him bully others into accepting his opinion, and what's worse, is that those people practically live in that topic which means that they will never stop debating you unless you eventually decide to shut up.
That is why at least here we can actually exchange ideas, even if only to a small degree. Everywhere else I have been they want to argue until they are blue in the face. Its ridiculous and not even worth it, really. This is why I try to stay out of debates now.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Best idea I've heard all day. @Johnknight1

AND WHO IS THE ANNOYING GHIRAHIM GUY HMMMMM?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The sad thing is that people like him bully others into accepting his opinion, and what's worse, is that those people practically live in that topic which means that they will never stop debating you unless you eventually decide to shut up.
Agreed, that's why I decided to narrow down my Smash discussion to only this site (right now only this thread, lol). I feel like here there are the highest percentage of people that actually know what they're talking about. :laugh:

The few times I go outside the site to read Smash threads and topics it usually makes me wish I hadn't. :dizzy:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I only really actively attend this site, NeoGAF and Nsider2. Here I just like doing my stage concepts and discussing new games and the content they can bring to the next game. In fact, I am going to work on a Fire Emblem: Awakening stage concept soon.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
This site has way more polish and is built upon real Smash Brothers communities, I've never considered going anywhere else. That is just a bad idea. I'd rather talk about other games on this site than talk on video game websites in general because we have that polish and quality built at the sake of the lack of quantity of people to talk about all of the different games out there.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
All the other hair colors are just too mainstream for you, aren't they. Hipster filth.

I'll leave that for you on your pillow, Star.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990

Me and my big mouth. That's what I get for going up against someone who supports a guy that I don't even like.

Come. Join me Mario_and_Ghirahim_Guy. Join the SOS Brigade, which stands for Spreading Rainbows all Over the World and Stick our Tongues out Suggestively.

@Oasis; No, I just have a weak spot for soulless demons and old women.

D

Deleted member

So if Cranky is DK's grandfather...
whatever happened to DK Jr.? People say that DK Jr. is DK, but at the same time, that'd make Cranky his father, not grandfather...

And then there's Baby DK, who is he? Cranky? DK?

Geez, my head hurts.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
There is such a thing as a Mario Kart 9 Champion Belt? That seems to imply that there is competitive skill level involved outside of being in second place, waiting for first place to get hit by a blue shell at the last second in the final lap and overtaking him. :awesome:

And I am running out of Ghirahim gifs. ****. Time to search the internet.

D

Deleted member

@ChronoBound: Assuming that he has a source to prove it, then it would mostly eliminate Dixie's chances of getting in, which would bring it down to just King K. Rool. Also, the same argument is the standard "K. Rool/Dixie hasn't been relevant" argument, which I don't care for.

However, he has not provided a source, so no change in opinion yet.

BTW, what newcomers does this guy expect?

Dammit, wish I could own an account on NeoGAF. I'd seriously like to post on the SSB4 thread. Maybe when I'm in college this fall?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
@ChronoBound: Assuming that he has a source to prove it, then it would mostly eliminate Dixie's chances of getting in, which would bring it down to just King K. Rool. Also, the same argument is the standard "K. Rool/Dixie hasn't been relevant" argument, which I don't care for.

However, he has not provided a source, so no change in opinion yet.

BTW, what newcomers does this guy expect?
He backtracked on his Dixie Kong claim, and begrudingly admitted he was twisting Sakurai's statements.

As for his Smash 4 predictions, he believes everyone from Brawl will return, but he thinks Smash 4 will only have nine newcomers. The newcomers he says will be in are Paper Mario, Ridley, Zoroark, Krom, Palutena, Mii, Takamaru, Miyamoto's new IP, and Mega Man.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Come. Join me Mario_and_Ghirahim_Guy. Join the SOS Brigade, which stands for Spreading Rainbows all Over the World and Stick our Tongues out Suggestively.
No thank you. I'd rather be Yoshi's piggyback than be a slave to Ghirahim's immature tongue usage.

So if Cranky is DK's grandfather...
whatever happened to DK Jr.? People say that DK Jr. is DK, but at the same time, that'd make Cranky his father, not grandfather...

And then there's Baby DK, who is he? Cranky? DK?

Geez, my head hurts.
Yeah it is quite confusing. I seem to think that Baby DK is the modern DK, before becoming DK Jr.. But that still doesn't answer Cranky's part of the story.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Oh! I know what will do the trick. For you, M_a_S_G:

[COLLAPSE="Rosahim"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I hate it when people just throw in filler candidate such as Miyamoto's new IP, Gen 5 Pokémon or FE13 lord. For all that why just not speculate?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ghirahim is cool, even though I don't necessarily want him in.

Baby DK is supposedly Donkey Kong. DK Jr, I believe, is regular DK's Father, perhaps.

I'm pretty sure Baby DK and DK Jr. are two different characters. Wait, DK Jr. is playable in Super Mario Kart right? If that's so, reverse what I said earlier. DK Jr. is Donkey Kong. Baby Donkey Kong eventually becomes DK's father.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think I was the first one to use FE13 lord back in ...June I believe.

Also I Scoff at Star since he can't leave a Strong message without editing like 9,001 times.

And that was the best, Heels.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Don't forget that DK Jr. was in N64 Mario Tennis too. However, Mario and Baby Mario are both one in the same, so who's to say that DK and DK Jr. are too!?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
These are the best Zelda newcomer candidates:

If it wasn't for this being so big then I wouldn't have collapsed it. PITY.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, remember, DK Jr. first appeared with what was "Donkey Kong", who became Cranky Kong.

Also, the first appearance of Baby Donkey Kong was in a Mario game. And then we... never see him again?

Keep in mind as well that Rare planned to change DK Jr. into Diddy Kong, but that never happened either.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I wonder what the reaction would be if Smash 4 indeed only had nine newcomers. I think if Sakurai made an announcement at the beginning of development that Smash 4 would have less new characters add to it than any other Smash Bros. installment to date, we would be looking at vastly increased hostility to most prospective newcomers due to the scarcity of newcomers.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I was thinking about the recent observations of several posters lately that many of the characters and stages in Brawl come from first party series, versus secondary subsidiaries. It has made me reevaluate some ideas I have held. At first I thought Hanenbow disproved this theory until I observed that Sakurai assisted with the development of that game in some capacity. Now I wonder if we will see as many second party stages as I have always thought?

I still believe Sin and Punishment and Golden Sun, maybe Starfy, will receive a stage at the very least; but I can see Advance Wars and Custom Robo getting the shaft.

D

Deleted member

He backtracked on his Dixie Kong claim, and begrudingly admitted he was twisting Sakurai's statements.

As for his Smash 4 predictions, he believes everyone from Brawl will return, but he thinks Smash 4 will only have nine newcomers. The newcomers he says will be in are Paper Mario, Ridley, Zoroark, Krom, Palutena, Mii, Takamaru, Miyamoto's new IP, and Mega Man.
Not a terrible roster, but that's pretty boring and it has nothing that would surprise most people. I don't think Sakurai is going to have a roster that bland.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Wolf felt kinda like an uninspired newcomer despite being a somewhat cool inclusion imo. At least his moveset was varied enough from the other two Starfurries.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The following are pretty much the best Mario newcomer candidates:

[collapse=Mario Newcomers]

[/collapse]

Sorry, but I just had to pull that out of my hat.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The 3 least interesting Mario characters are the best choices?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom