• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I wouldn't say Mona is typically #2 in the WarioWare series, as it never was fully delved into whether she or Jimmy T. is.
Sometimes, Jimmy is the 2nd character featured, other times, it's Mona.

But even then, role does not necessarily determine who would get in; especially not from a series where everyone else is overshadowed heavily by Wario. (Though with a belly that big, who wouldn't be overshadowed by him? :laugh:)
It's not like Mario where it's Mario>Luigi>Bowser>Peach, or whatever order between the last three.
It's like Wario>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Everyone else.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I would still bet on Mona out of all of them.

Yeah, Wario Ware has no clear #2 character. Jimmy T and Mona seem to be the 2 most prominent. At least in Wario Land, Captain Syrup is the clear #2.
You've never read anything by Pieman then.

I want all the users who are less than a year and a half old to go read the old SSB4 thread. Some real gold from some REAL SPECS.

Like Toise, Pieman, TTKoopa, Chu, Kuma, and Fatman

D

Deleted member

I'd bet more on Ashley (if I was betting) due to her overall popularity as both a character and a potential Smash candidate in Japan and somewhat out of Japan.

@Johnknight: Not a very good #2 though, as she was absent for two games in the series and was merely a shopkeeper in the latest one rather than the main villain.

If there's one thing the Wario series is not known for, it's proper focus on anyone who isn't Wario.
Though can you blame them? They clearly know everyone wants summa this.

EDIT: Instead of just telling us to go read it, why not provide a link?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Golden
That is why I doubt we'll see a new playable Wario (Ware/Land) character for several smash bros games unless a character really "pops up" and "sticks out" sometime soon. :ohwell:
You've never read anything by Pieman then.

I want all the users who are less than a year and a half old to go read the old SSB4 thread. Some real gold from some REAL SPECS.

I've probably been speculating longer than any of them. :p Me, Psycho, Oasis, Omega (pre-Brawl bros!), and especially Chrono (lol pre-Melee) are the senior citizens. :smirk:

Again, I don't think we'll see a new playable Wario Land or Wario Ware character(s) not named Wario until several smash bros games down the road, like 20 years from now. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

.....Unless Waluigi joins the cast at some point. Which is just as likely as Godzilla getting in Smash, it seems.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
.....Unless Waluigi joins the cast at some point. Which is just as likely as Godzilla getting in Smash, it seems.
As I've previously mentioned, Waluigi is a Mario character, seeing as how he has never appeared in a Wario Ware or Wario Land game. :reverse:

Also, I hate to rehash stuff I've said a thousand times, but I really doubt Waluigi as a playable character for Smash Wii U and 3DS. :p

Waluigi playable in a Smash game after that=??? It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, especially considering the few "quality" or "star" characters left. :laugh:

Edit: 45 minutes to go! :bee:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sakurai said he'll never make kid icarus again. He said it's fate is a possible sequel by someone else in 25 years

D

Deleted member

As I've previously mentioned, Waluigi is a Mario character, seeing as how he has never appeared in a Wario Ware or Wario Land game. :reverse:

Also, I hate to rehash stuff I've said a thousand times, but I really doubt Waluigi as a playable character for Smash Wii U and 3DS. :p

Waluigi playable in a Smash game after that=??? It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, especially considering the few "quality" or "star" characters left. :laugh:

Edit: 45 minutes to go! :bee:
That's why I said UNLESS. -_-

I never called Waluigi a WarioWare character, I stated that a WarioWare character may not "pop out" or "stick out" UNLESS Waluigi joins the cast at some point.

Reading comprehension helps.

EDIT: Example:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

I already did that homework a while back, I even added to the info thread for extra credit.

D

Deleted member

Clarifying what, exactly?
A point which makes no sense in the discussion at hand? -_-

Person A: I doubt we'll see a new WarioWare character unless one "pops out" or "sticks out".
Person B: Unless Waluigi joins it's cast.
Person A: Waluigi is a Mario character since he hasn't been in Wario Land or WarioWare. *derp* Also, he's never getting in Smash unless it's faaaaar in the future! *herp*

It turned from my point that if Waluigi joins the cast of WarioWare, it would kill two birds with one stone; give WarioWare that one character that sticks out far beyond the rest while still behind Wario, and give Waluigi the non-spinoff role he needs to be taken seriously to you stating the obvious that he isn't a Wario character since he hasn't been in a WarioWare yet.

When you think about it, that was foolish in context and was more or less you trying to do anti-Waluigi propanganda.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I didn't say the far future. Of course Waluigi will be considered for Smash Wii U and 3DS, but I doubt he will make the cut. After that though, I could easily see Waluigi being playable in Smash 6 onward, which is probably less than a decade away from being released. Yep, I used brain logics right there. Top that SMASH HOES!!! :cool:

In fact, future Johnknight1 called, and he told me Paper Mario is in it! :awesome: Also Golden, future Johnknight1 called circa 2022, and he told me you are a pretty good sushi chef. ;)

Oh, and for my 32nd birthday, I get a creepy letter from one of my grandfather's old fishing friends involving some sort of story dealing with a dead rat or something like that. :shades:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That's exactly why it makes so much sense. If you really think about it, no sense is plenty of sense, and close-mindedness rhymes with open-mindedness. :shades:

Also, apparently according to future Johnknight1: 2018, Smash 6 is in Super HD Turbo Remix, 3D, and rumor has it, it could be in 4D as well!

3 1/2 D is already confirmed! GET HYPED! :laugh:

D

Deleted member

I'd post a head explosion picture, but the last two times I did, the images broke.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
One interesting tidbit that I also got from future Johnknight1 is that Ridley worship is now the most prominent worldwide religion. Apparently I am a huge priest leading the movement! :cool:

The only people who truly oppose our superior religion are a bunch of freaky tall WNBA playing blonde girls in giant heavy suits. :smirk:

This is all real information, as well as indisputably true information, of course. :shades:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@ Golden
That is why I doubt we'll see a new playable Wario (Ware/Land) character for several smash bros games unless a character really "pops up" and "sticks out" sometime soon. :ohwell:

Doesn't make your posts anymore profound than theirs, which is the reason why I wanted people to look at them. The best debates happened back then. Now everyone falls back on such arguments like "Junior is a clone" or "Toad is a generic"... it's sad.

WHAT IS COOL NOW THOUGH, is betting has become more prominent. Less debates, or character vs, more stacking up the pros and cons and deciding if you think a character will get in.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Doesn't make your posts anymore profound than theirs, which is the reason why I wanted people to look at them. The best debates happened back then. Now everyone falls back on such arguments like "Junior is a clone" or "Toad is a generic"... it's sad.
Of course it doesn't, but it doesn't mean I haven't heard their points already.
Also, I don't fall for such points. Instead, I like to debate "if Junior is a clone," "if Junior is original," "could Dixie be a clone," or "if Roy is actually Marth without a vagina." :chuckle:

Although I will agree with you that often we tend to ignore the idea of looking at situations objectively. Lately it's been "I want this, I want that." Not that there is anything wrong with that. It's just after a while, it gets boring. "Why I want this, why I want that" is where such topics really get some flavor.

However, there have been some cool stuff going on here. People like myself, Golden, and of course Kuma talk a lot of gameplay ideas.
WHAT IS COOL NOW THOUGH, is betting has become more prominent. Less debates, or character vs, more stacking up the pros and cons and deciding if you think a character will get in.
Yeah. Pros and cons list rock. That's an effective way of viewing things subjectively, objectively, and even from another person's point of view.

Still, guessing rosters at this point is more based on what our "feel" is for where Sakurai is going with the roster. Once we saw the 1st Brawl trailer, many of us recognized 80%-90% of where Sakurai was going roster-wise. Gameplay... is another topic entirely that we couldn't understand where things were going. Just when we thought we got where Brawl was going gameplay-wise, Sakurai changed the direction entirely. We realized we really didn't get where Brawl's gameplay was going! :laugh:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I think characters who are looking FAVORABLE for Smash 4 would be:

Dixie Kong
King K. Rool
Mewtwo
Zoroark
Ridley
Samurai Goroh
Krystal
Palutena
Roy
Krom
Little Mac
Saki
Mii
Shulk
Miyamoto IP

Everyone else is either MEH, or unfavorable IMO (Not counting 3rd parties)

These characters will make up the majority of the roster, and we'll have some other unexpected characters added, of course

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I know Isaac isn't the most likely, and you don't foresee him in SSB4, but I would still include him on that list. I think he's as likely as Saki or Shulk.

Or better yet, all three! :woman::embarrass::awesome:

threeblondeswordsmenforssb4

In all seriousness, I know the chance of getting all three is very slim.

betterlatethannever edit: Also, Happy Birfday John! Another year wiser older. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah thanks bro. I can't wait to explain my crappy liver and how consuming too much alcohol would kill me to everyone offering me alcohol. :awesome:

It will be like high school all over again! :chuckle: :cool: :shades:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I don't know what you guys are talking about, but Bowser Jr. is a clone and Toad is generic.

Also, you guys don't know it, but I have been around for a long time. :cool: I've just always stopped posting a couple hundred posts in after getting bored with speculating over the same things over and over again and made new accounts everytime I've jumped on (primarily because I forget my information somehow). I discussed Brawl a lot before it came out, though I wouldn't bet that I was any good at doing so considering I was a youngin'. (Still am, but it doesn't count because I said so.)

Oh, sorry, happy birthday to the Smash Bros. Wii U Discussion's very own knight1! (as in 1-and-only)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Sakurai isn't planning on making a sequel to Uprising in the future.

Not exactly earth-shattering, but how do you think this could affect him choosing how much to rep KI in SSB4, more or less than if he was eventually planning a sequel?

Personally I think it won't have much effect, Sakurai pretty much says this about all his games.
Expected this to come up. Did like everyone really expect Sakurai to take this series under his wings and sorta make it like his new "Kirby"?
Meeeh.

Anyway, this would either mean that:

- Kid Icarus might get a regular 2D-platformer again sometime in the future...

OR

- Kid Icarus never gets another game ever again due lack of interest and way of how it should be continued on like.

About SSB4, I think we'll be getting total blast of KI-representation. (-l^l-)

And happy happy birthdays for JokerKnight!!!!
*Rubs the hair with my fist* (-Ò3Ó-)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Expected this to come up...

Now this would either mean that:

- Kid Icarus might get a regular 2D-platformer again

OR

- Kid Icarus never gets another game ever again due lack of interest and way of how it should be continued on like.
Yeah I worry that without a higher-up at Nintendo voluntarily choosing to make a new Kid Icarus game (like what happened with Uprising), the series might slip back into dormancy. And now that Sakurai has stated he won't be working on another, I really wonder if anybody will in the next... well.. quarter century. :laugh:

I doubt they would be able to capture the same "spirit" Uprising had, even if they continue with the third-person shooter genre. Hopefully less painful controls though.

@John
Yeah I pretty much forgot about my liver for my whole high school duration. :awesome::urg:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I still want to see a platformer now, because most of the things worked more well in there than in Uprising. I mean, Uprising would've even worked as a new IP with original characters and such. (-l^l-);

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
True. I guess the series could work similar to Metroid, with games in both 3D action/shooting and 2D-platforming. (We could really use another purely 2D Metroid).

I still don't know the likelihood of seeing another Kid Icarus for a while though, the sales of Uprising, while not terrible, don't really scream for a follow-up. It would really need another Sakurai-type situation I believe. Or Iwata forcing Sakurai to make another. :laugh:
(Though he's busy forcing Sakurai to make Smash after Smash, lol)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
JohnKnight1][COLOR="SeaGreen said:
I'm not saying litter the series in only 3rd party characters, but add a few "big ones" that have been on Nintendo consoles.[/COLOR]
My bad with the misunderstanding man :urg:
I have a list of about 3 or 4 dozen Nintendo IP's that could get a large amount of content in smash.
I'm guessing it's Punch Out!, Xenoblade and..... That's all I could think off :p.

Care to share?
Shameless Toad plug in I see=??? :awesome: While he would be a "familiar face" for non-gamers and casual gamers to make them feel more comfortable with the game, it would not attract more Mario addicts to buy smash. Instead, it would attract those who use Mario lightly. Dang, I'm making Mario sound like a drug/drug dealer! :laugh:

Pretty much every Toad fan is buying each smash game at this because Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, and Wario are already in it. It's not like Toad is a deal breaker.
Well.... Even though Smash 4 might sell better than Brawl or Melee, I'm very sure every nintendo fan buys every smash bros. game regardless if their favorite character will not get in. Adding a character who's favored by many would only generate hype.

Hype = Tons of money = Nintendo is :) = Sakurai is relieved (Lol) = Smash 5 won't be coming anytime soon (YOU DON'T SAY BERSERKER :glare:)

This only applies for the nintendo fans though. And plus, it wouldn't change that much on how much people would buy the game for Toad. I know but it's sort of like that for every character anyway.
If Smash was filled with obscure characters like Ness, Captain Falcon, the Ice Climbers, Marth, Roy, Pit, Olimar, and ROB, many casual gamers or non-gamers would be indifferent towards smash.
The growing sales from game to game mostly come from new guys who aren't really nintendo fans (Like what you said). It's up to the 3rd parties (If there are gonna be), gameplay, flashiness and presentation of the game to deal with that. I don't think EVEN notable characters like Mario or Link will attract them.

And Sound? Sure John :troll: Hur duuur bro :glare::awesome:
No Mario newcomer is anywhere near as big as Sonic or wanted as Sonic. That comparison is silly. Nobody will go all over Smash because it has Toad playable! :laugh:
What about me? :c There are also other characters that were received negatively like Ganondorf but I think most of the fans got over it by brawl. I think. :awesome:

And your forgetting about the Toad fans. They won't be like, "Oh, Toad is in. That's cool". They're gonna be like, "jfjs;vkdl;kv;kv;sdkv;ldkv; HOLY ****". Of course the fans of Toad would go wild as hell :bee:

And for the record, this isn't a Toad vs. Jr. It's Toad vs. His fans. I know. It's ironic :awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:

And happy Birthday Bro_Knight1! :D

My present for you is............ *Drum roll* AWAAAAAAn funny WAAAAAAluigi comic

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Also, you guys don't know it, but I have been around for a long time. :cool: I've just always stopped posting a couple hundred posts in after getting bored with speculating over the same things over and over again and made new accounts everytime I've jumped on (primarily because I forget my information somehow). I discussed Brawl a lot before it came out, though I wouldn't bet that I was any good at doing so considering I was a youngin'. (Still am, but it doesn't count because I said so.)
What were your old usernames on here if any=??? Also, do you remember me from pre-Brawl=??? :bee:
@John
Yeah I pretty much forgot about my liver for my whole high school duration. :awesome::urg:
Well what happened to me is a combination of genetics and poor care for my health. And I was diagnosed with essentially a crappy liver when I was 12. I used to drink at least 5 sodas a day (mostly purple Pepsi) for over 6 years despite being healthy otherwise. I haven't had an unnatural and unhealthy soda since then. All that man-made soda is toxic bro!

I'm so glad that the Celtics are gonna be pitted up against the pacers in the conference semi finals.... Not that the pacers are bad. That's if they win against Atlanta. What I'm afraid of are the finals. FFfff--- The Heat is too strong.

On-topic: There isn't really much to talk about. Sure I'm enjoying with talking about Toad at least instead of lurking around doing pointless stuff. I think I'm gonna go on a hiatus again :p

I have other stuff to do other than sit on my chair and speculate about the same stuff:

1.) Perfectionism/Obsessive compulsive disorder (Sorta) will cause me to play Kirby Wii and Skyward Sword again. In SS, I haven't caught all the insects, heart containers and gratitude crystals. In Kirby, I did not do the challenges, The Arena/True Arena and I did not collect all energy spheres. (Although, it has its limits. I do NOT want to touch DK country returns ever again because of how hard it was. It was near ninja gaiden hard xD)

2.) BitF (Brawl in The Family) is back on the list of things to read everyday. I still find the comics funny.

3.) Finding new technology, trying them out and playing matches and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 is extremely rewarding and fun :D

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
I want more Smash 4 Rumors, sure most of them turn out to be false but it gives me something to look into while we wait for the real thing like a trailer or something.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I know Isaac isn't the most likely, and you don't foresee him in SSB4, but I would still include him on that list. I think he's as likely as Saki or Shulk.

Or better yet, all three! :woman::embarrass::awesome:

threeblondeswordsmenforssb4

In all seriousness, I know the chance of getting all three is very slim.

betterlatethannever edit: Also, Happy Birfday John! Another year wiser older. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

There is a reason I did not list him, because there is more reasoning for Sakurai to add Saki (Digs the series and it's Genre), and Shulk has become a new posterboy. Isaac, is in the "meh" catagory imo. Nothing against him, but nothing too for him either.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I want more Smash 4 Rumors, sure most of them turn out to be false but it gives me something to look into while we wait for the real thing like a trailer or something.
I'm sure the closer we get to SSB4's release, the more rumors we will get, to the point where it will become just unbearable, like it was for Brawl.

But you're right, I could use a good rumor to pick apart also. I'm sure we'll get some closer to E3.

There is a reason I did not list him, because there is more reasoning for Sakurai to add Saki (Digs the series and it's Genre), and Shulk has become a new posterboy. Isaac, is in the "meh" catagory imo. Nothing against him, but nothing too for him either.
I would still add Isaac due to the fact that his series has more games (that on average sold better than S&P or Xenoblade), he is (or at least was) fairly popular and requested, and would have a potentially unique and interesting moveset. Good points for the other two, though, and I can understand why Isaac is less likely than he used to be. I'd still like to see all three. :bee:

@John
Good point. It sucks how all the best stuff is bad for you. :laugh:
I'm going to have to start battling against my need to get a sugar fix, lol.

Anyways, I'm out. ^_^

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Isaac >>> Saki & Shulk.

Yeah I am biased cause I actually did play Golden Sun and not the other games buttttt...

I don't give a ****. :awesome:

Am convinced Psynergy alone makes up for a better moveset than the others could provide for to. Of coarse this is all my PERSONAL HUMBLE OPINION, so don't mind me. Made a Isaac moveset earlier, it was received well

Impa is a frickin BOSS btw :reverse:

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
I really hope Isaac makes it, I'm a big fan of swordsman and an even bigger fan of swordsman capable of using magic. None of the current swordsman in Smash have magic which is unfortunate.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
See, but we haven't a clue about how Sakurai feels about him, and he isn't exaclty shiny like Shulk. He's the least likely Blond, and I do not expect him to be playable, and definitely think Saki will be, and Im confident in Shulk as well.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's not really magic, though Psynergy kinda works the same way still yeah.

Still, think he's far more interessting than Saki and Shulk. Isaac's Earth based Psynergy will surely make for an awesome playstyle no mather how they execute it. Even Psynergy as Move (as seen in Brawl) could work but it'd be a shame if they do as I feel Earth Psynergy would be much better.

Still have no idea what Shulk could do. Saki I can picture much easier, mostly thanks to his AT, but I imagine he'd have a similar moveset to Pit.

Also, just checked Shortie's poll and discovered that after Lucario, Sheik is the least popular veteran. Considering how she's in since Melee, and KNOWING Lucario's fanbase is huge: it'd say that still makes her the least popular / expected veteran all around.

Sorry for the truth. :reverse:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom