• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
If that Universe leak was true, ugh.... but at least I would have my Little Mac, King Hippo, Palutena, and King K. Rool.
I got Krystal, and Tingle (I think?)

Also, Endless Ocean needs a stage!

And if we're going to get a random weirdo addition like King Hippo, i would prefer either the potential new Pikmin 3 hero + New Pikmin, or someone like Porky, Masked, Man, Kamek, or Cooking Mama (lulz)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Agrgghh, not this again... Geez, why can't we just have both instead of arguing who's better?
I couldn't say it any better myself. Of course, I do support Bowser Jr. a bit more.

PAON used the Kremlings. Invalid argument.

Anthony & Impa 4 Smash!

:phone:

Really?! While I am okay with Impa, it's for the best that you don't bring this topic back from the dead.

Bowser Jr. has a potential to become a totally unique character,he really do not need to become a clone or a semi-clone.
Agreed. Just because he's Bowser's son doesn't necessarily mean that he has to copy Bowser's attacks.

D

Deleted member

I believe this was the newcomer roster for Smash Bros. Universe right?

- King K. Rool
- Ghirahim
- Ridley
- Krystal
- Zoroark
- Palutena
- Little Mac
- King Hippo
- Saki
- Shulk
- Prince Sabure
- Mega Man
- Slime
- Professor Layton

It's not terrible, but I would be kind of disappointed. I would dislike the present of Zoroark, King Hippo, Prince Sabure, and too many third parties. Also disappointing is the lack of a Mario newcomer and a retro newcomer I would want to see. I also don't care for the present of Ridley (however deserving he might be), Little Mac, and Shulk. That said, I do like King K. Rool, Saki, Palutena, Krystal, Ghirahim, and especially Mega Man.

Thankfully, it isn't happening.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
The rumor was fake, but I would have been slightly okay if it was real (Ghirahim, Palutena, and Shulk :awesome:). Little Mac, King Hippo, Slime, and Layton are pretty poor choices though..

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I really think you're going to be hard pressed for a new Mario character... specifically Toad. Because Toad is who he is, it's only obvious Sakurai HAS to have actively thought of "Should I add him?" and each time, he has said no. Now, could he say "Yeah, let's add him now!"

Sure. He could. But I don't think he will. I actually don't mind Toad, I have nothing against him. I just, DON'T QUITE SEE IT.

Don't play NSMBWii on me either. Toad has always been equally prominent and unimportant throughout the years. Those two titles mean nothing.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I absolutely support King K. Rool, Palutena, Little Mac, King Hippo, and Mega Man. I am indifferent towards Ghirahim, Ridley, Krystal, Zoroark, Saki, Shulk, Prince Sabure, Slime. I don't really want Professor Layton very much. I just wish that Tingle and Toad were there, too. There were some concept art of these two but there was some sort of red stamp over their pictures. I don't know what that means but I hope it doesn't mean they were rejected again.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I could live with those newcomers, but I would need to see the veterans first to get my full approval.

I also agree with Shortie on Toad.

D

Deleted member

I'm in agreement with ChaosKid here. At this rate, of the four I consider to be possibilities for the Super Mario Bros. franchise (Toad, Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, Waluigi), I don't care who gets in. I don't care if Bowser Jr. gets in as a semi-clone (thought I'd prefer him to have his own moves). Heck, I don't even care if all we get is a Dr. Mario alt costume for Mario. Anything for Mario in characters will satisfy me at this point (as long as it's not ridiculous).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
In my opinion, the only veterans I expect at the very least are:

1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Donkey Kong
6. Diddy Kong
7. Yoshi
8. Wario
9. Link
10. Zelda
11. Samus
12. Pit
13. Kirby
14. Meta Knight
15. King Dedede
16. Fox
17. Pikachu

What? I did say "at the very least". :troll:

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
It's a possibility; however, Sakurai probably never actively focused on Toad as he had only just completed the Mario themed characters by Brawl (if Wario counted).

Toad has been supported to some degree since Melee and with the mention of Toad's stats from SMB2 each time on his Melee and Brawl trophies and in Sakurai's journal for Brawl still has me thinking that Sakurai must have some interest in him. He obviously did not want to flood the Brawl roster with Mario characters; however, with SSB4 he's bound to add some.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ridiculous would be Petey Pirahna. Notable other choices are Waluigi, Rosalina(although I see her not very likely yet), Toad, Bowser Jr.(maybe with Shadow Mario), Geno, and of course, Paper Mario.

Anybody else... can't see it.

D

Deleted member

It's a possibility; however, Sakurai probably never actively focused on Toad as he had only just completed the Mario themed characters by Brawl (if Wario counted).

Toad has been supported to some degree since Melee and with the mention of Toad's stats from SMB2 each time on his Melee and Brawl trophies and in Sakurai's journal for Brawl still has me thinking that Sakurai must have some interest in him. He obviously did not want to flood the Brawl roster with Mario characters; however, with SSB4 he's bound to add some.

GoldenYuiitusin did state that Sakurai did count Donkey Kong and Wario characters as Mario characters, just that they had different symbols (Yoshi as well). If so, Mario technically has eight characters in Brawl according to Sakurai (thought only had one more from Brawl).

Cuts obviously aren't happening for those already in, so I'm willing to bet that if you include Mario, Wario, Yoshi, and Donkey Kong as one, that at least two characters from those series will be newcomers and I believe a third one is a serious possibility. I think those choices are King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, and Toad (thought I feel Toad's spot could go to other potential Mario candidates).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, then in that case... maybe it might explain why Toad didn't get in Brawl... Wario and Diddy Kong had priority... and of course Dr. Mario was planned to be in Brawl - but only because Sakurai attempted to make the roster bigger with more clones.

Smash 64 - Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Bowser (planned), Peach (rumored)

Melee - Bowser, Peach, Dr. Mario

Brawl - Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong (planned), Wario

Smash 4 - Toad, Dixie Kong, King K. Rool (I hope for all three)

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
The problem with that is with the fact that it is really only DK and Diddy who really live up to being related to the Mario series.

King K Rool is a lot more distant to the Mario series than those two and barely makes appearances outside the DK series. Dixie is slightly more closer, but still distant a bit as well. DK and Diddy to me seem to be start and end of the bridge from the Mario series connection with the DK series. Beyond them is a much different series and much different characters. Of course, that is what I think.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The problem with that is with the fact that it is really only DK and Diddy who really live up to being related to the Mario series.:phone:
That's only because Nintendo keeps putting Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong in the Mario spin-off games. Dixie Kong was only in Mario Hoops 3-on-3 and both Mario Baseball games while King K. Rool was only in the second Mario Baseball game and Funky Kong only had Mario Kart Wii.

D

Deleted member

Sakurai isn't planning on making a sequel to Uprising in the future.

Not exactly earth-shattering, but how do you think this could affect him choosing how much to rep KI in SSB4, more or less than if he was eventually planning a sequel?

Personally I think it won't have much effect, Sakurai pretty much says this about all his games.
Still keeping my same prediction of Pit and Palutena. I also feel as this will be Kid Icarus's one and only shot to get a newcomer and if it doesn't get one now, Pit will remain as the only rep for the rest of the series.

And "impressive" sales? I'm surprised under a million is considered impressive.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Huh. Frankly, I think that may ruin whatever shot Magnus and
Hades
(does that still need a spoiler?) may have had over Palutena or Medusa. I mean, I always bet on Palutena, but I think this may confirm that it's her or none at this point.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That's only because Nintendo keeps putting Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong in the Mario spin-off games. Dixie Kong was only in Mario Hoops 3-on-3 and both Mario Baseball games while King K. Rool was only in the second Mario Baseball game and Funky Kong only had Mario Kart Wii.
Last I've checked, Funky Kong was in Super Sluggers as well.

Anyway, it is rather odd that only Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong have been able to stay strong in the Mario spin-offs. At least Cranky managed to come back for Donkey Kong Country Returns.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
How is Uprising not "getting" a sequel news? I mean, he has barely begun working on Super Smash Bros 4, does anyone honestly believe he is even thinking about anything else at this point? Secondly, this news has no bearing on any of the characters from Kid Icarus.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
@Star
I think giving a definitive "no" when asked about a sequel is still a difference than his usual wishy-washy answers about his games getting sequels. But you're right, if he were to consider another, he probably wouldn't start thinking about it for at least half a decade.

It probably wouldn't affect KI in SSB4 in anyway, but there not being any sequels might have a impact in future Smash games. Just as a lack of new material, not cutting previous content.

D

Deleted member

How is Uprising not "getting" a sequel news? I mean, he has barely begun working on Super Smash Bros 4, does anyone honestly believe he is even thinking about anything else at this point? Secondly, this news has no bearing on any of the characters from Kid Icarus.
I think what Sakurai is saying is not just he's not thinking about a sequel now, but don't expect one from him period.

This has no impact on my currents thoughts on Kid Icarus representation in regards to characters, but I do think that the Medusa fan base will continue to fall as a result of this and it'll almost completely demoralize the Viridi and Hades fan base (or what I would like to call, band wagons by those hoping and praying for any third Kid Icarus rep). It should also bring to the reality that all of us should face; that Sakurai is not going to flood this game with Kid Icarus contents.

Also, watch as dedekong on GameFAQs completely and utterly either backpedals his thoughts or tries to convince people that three Kid Icarus reps is still necessary.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Yeah, he said he isn't going to add to it, like, ever. He said it could be done, but not by him. Which means he must have his eyes on something interesting after SSB4.

Downloadable content confirmed

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Star
I think giving a definitive "no" when asked about a sequel is still a difference than his usual wishy-washy answers about his games getting sequels. But you're right, if he were to consider another, he probably wouldn't start thinking about it for at least half a decade.

It probably wouldn't affect KI in SSB4 in anyway, but there not being any sequels might have a impact in future Smash games. Just as a lack of new material, not cutting previous content.
Seriously, you are over thinking this.

I think what Sakurai is saying is not just he's not thinking about a sequel now, but don't expect one from him period.

This has no impact on my currents thoughts on Kid Icarus representation in regards to characters, but I do think that the Medusa fan base will continue to fall as a result of this and it'll almost completely demoralize the Viridi and Hades fan base (or what I would like to call, band wagons by those hoping and praying for any third Kid Icarus rep). It should also bring to the reality that all of us should face; that Sakurai is not going to flood this game with Kid Icarus contents.

Also, watch as dedekong on GameFAQs completely and utterly either backpedals his thoughts or tries to convince people that three Kid Icarus reps is still necessary.
That beautiful music should be enough to satiate anyone.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, he said he isn't going to add to it, like, ever. He said it could be done, but not by him. Which means he must have his eyes on something interesting after SSB4.

Downloadable content confirmed
I wish it confirmed downloadable contents.

But on a more serious note, I think we'll be seeing another retro revival by Sakurai and Takamaru seems perfect for one.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
If I was Sakurai, I'd take a long break after Sm4sh, and then make a game that only needs a little over a year of development time, lol.

My friend thought Impa was a new male Sheikah before it was revealed she was Impa.

D

Deleted member

If I was Sakurai, I'd take a long break after Sm4sh, and then make a game that only needs a little over a year of development time, lol.
I would as well.

Honestly, I don't think we're going to be seeing a new Smash game for a long while after Smash 4 is out. Something tells me that Sakurai wants to finish the series out with a bang and as such, will go completely all out with this title.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I would imagine the NEXT NEXT Smash wouldn't be made until there is new hardware available that offers new experiences for which Smash to expand into.

D

Deleted member

Waat's good, mah homies?

@SSBF: Don't even SPECULATE that Smash 4 is the last Smash. :cry: I couldn't bear it.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Honestly, I don't think we're going to be seeing a new Smash game for a long while after Smash 4 is out. Something tells me that Sakurai wants to finish the series out with a bang and as such, will go completely all out with this title.
I somewhat agree with you, though it doesn't really seem Sakurai has a say whether SSB continues or not. Though, he could of course stop taking on the job and work on something else of course. Not sure if there would be any more Smash Brothers if Sakurai isn't behind the wheel, then again, no doubt they'll continue to rake in large amounts of cash either way, so Nintendo won't care.

impa impa impa impa impa impa

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Still keeping my same prediction of Pit and Palutena. I also feel as this will be Kid Icarus's one and only shot to get a newcomer and if it doesn't get one now, Pit will remain as the only rep for the rest of the series.

And "impressive" sales? I'm surprised under a million is considered impressive.
depends. the new FE game sold 300,000 in Japan alone in one week, which is the best sales in the series' history.

D

Deleted member

If she was any good, she wouldn't need to "hold out", nor would she fail. :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom