• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Oop. Sorry for missing this.
Tis fine.

I guess I can post it here when I'm done, though does anyone REALLY care about Waluigi enough to give a damn?
Although, I already have the specials and Final Smash sort of finished.
We have Waluigi supports. I mean, how many cared when I posted the Brian moveset? :p

My moveset is a little different from others. Instead of trying to shoehorn random elements from different spin-off, I'm focusing on what Waluigi has done personally. Mostly from the Mario Tennis series (where he came from), Mario Strikers series (where he was fleshed out the most), and DDR Mario Mix (where he was the main villain). I might include a potted Piranha Plant somewhere to reference Mario Party 3, another game where he was the main villain.
Sweet! I like.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Do we know for a fact that no one on the team or anyone hired for help is experienced with fighting games? Besides, if the FG players get their hands on it and are able to get their input in, it should be fine.
Game Arts and the 2 Nintendo-owned companies had no experience with fighting games before. The only people who did were Sakurai and his assistant at Sora Ltd. and maybe a few people from HAL Laboratories who were probably contributing.

This is why I think HAL Laboratories would be the ideal primary developer for Smash Wii U and 3DS. They have experience, added a ton of great new ideas in Smash 64 and Melee, and have made a good number of enjoyable and great games in recent memory. Meanwhile Game Arts has done... nothing. Except that mediocre TNMT fighting game! :laugh:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I THINK someone just hinted at Retro Studio's showing a New F-Zero at E3?

He says something along the lines of:

"StarFox would be the game people are waiting for, but I just dont think it's that game, but my inside sources say Retro Studios WILL show something cool at E3 this year"

He then flashes to a picture of C. Falcon's racer on the Wii U tablet?

Hmmmm? F-Zero? StarFox? Which is it?

Here's the video

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

F-Zero featuring Star Fox characters or Star Fox featuring F-Zero characters.

Or both. It is possible, seeing as how Retro Studios has been growing as of late.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Plus, Yoshi not being able to eat items when Kirby, Dedede, and Wario could (were there any others?) made little sense to me.

And Yoshi's tongue as tether recovery would be awesome. :awesome:
I'm not exactly comfy with treating Yoshi's tongue as a tether. It would easily end up as a reference to A Christmas Story.

D

Deleted member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

F-Zero featuring Star Fox characters or Star Fox featuring F-Zero characters.

Or both. It is possible, seeing as how Retro Studios has been growing as of late.
Well, StarFox Command DID have the G-Zero Grand Prix....
And one ending had Falco with Captain Falcon boots....
And then they're James McCloud of F-Zero....

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's most definitely a sequel to Command where Fox and Falco join G-Zero Grand Prix.

Best of both worlds. :laugh:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
New Mario Game
Retro SF/FZ/Whatever Game
Miyamoto IP
Pikmin 3

is this all we know about E3 this year? AND WILL IT STREAM ONLINE???

All I can say is, Olimar will definitely change in Smash4. Unless... there's a new Pikmin Hero introduced. -.-

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I would state that Yoshi should just grab foes with his hands, considering that Egg Lay already covers grabbing opponents with Yoshi's tongue. After all, after Smash 64, Yoshi's grabs have turned rather useless in the long run.

I also stated a change to Egg Throw, in which Yoshi could throw eggs which have variable power, based on their spot colors. Additionally, the eggs would be fired in a straight line, instead of making a U-shaped path.

Regarding normal attacks, some buffs are really needed, especially for the d-smash.
I think those are good ideas, except the Yoshi hand grab (his current grab is fine, just give it less vulnerable frames it is miss), and the Egg Throw (just have Yoshi throw more 3 eggs at once or fire them faster). While I'm at it, Yoshi's down B should automatically grab opponents in front of him (at any point during the attack).

That down Smash needs to kill, too. That up Smash needs to either juggle, kill, or do both (but neither too effectively).

D

Deleted member

If Pikmin 3 fleshes Louie more with his King of Bugs status, I would not mind him in Smash 4.

He could be Smash's first mounted character, I guess.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
New Mario Game
Miyamoto IP
Pikmin 3

Yes. Also, it will be on G4 Live I think.
Well, StarFox Command DID have the G-Zero Grand Prix....
And one ending had Falco with Captain Falcon boots....
And then they're James McCloud of F-Zero....
Exactly. Plus a James McCloud (who is a human) is in F-Zero G/X and A/X! :shades:
If Pikmin 3 fleshes Louie more with his King of Bugs status, I would not mind him in Smash 4.

He could be Smash's first mounted character, I guess.
I honestly think Louie could be a "likely candidate" for the Smash Bros. game(s) after Smash Wii U and 3DS. ;)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
New Mario Game
Miyamoto IP
Pikmin 3

All I can say is, Olimar will definitely change in Smash4. Unless... there's a new Pikmin Hero introduced. -.-
Yeah I think that's it. It always streams online. Pretty much every gaming site has a stream, though some are better than others.

There was that rumor that Nintendo was going to show 10-11 Nintendo games at E3, including three new IPs
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=173546
How I wish it was true. Most likely b******* though.

And with Pikmin 3, I'm guessing there will enough material to keep Olimar and have another unique moveset also (most likely Louie's) in SSB4. Whether Louie actually gets in is another story.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
New Mario Game
Miyamoto IP
Pikmin 3

also that Concept Racer sim Nintendo is doing.

and outside of getting new Pikmin to use,i doon't think Olimar will change that much.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Here's a question: say Pikmin 3 utilizes two to three more Pikmin. Perhaps Orange, Green, and Black, for argument's sake. Would anyone be opposed to Louie (should he be in Pikmin 3) being a playable character and using the new species?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Here's a question: say Pikmin 3 utilizes two to three more Pikmin. Perhaps Orange, Green, and Black, for argument's sake. Would anyone be opposed to Louie (should he be in Pikmin 3) being a playable character and using the new species?
I wouldn't if he also had moves that were unique to him, not just Pikmin with different effects.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think if it adds 3, it would be easy to add to Olimar.

However, I think eventually Louie or another Pikmin character will be a playable character in Smash (other than Captain Olimar).

Still, Louie isn't needed or even wanted for Smash Wii U or 3DS. Plus new Pikmin don't have to be added to Olimar. Olimar is fine as is.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Now that I think of it, he'd be a decent candidate for a "last minute buf-up-the-roster semi-clone. Worst case scenario, of course. However, I do like the idea of the King of Bugs concept. Perhaps him riding some species, while utilizing others? (Such as a Swooping Snitchbug recovery, ect.)

But honestly I wouldn't expect him until, like, Smash 5 at earliest. (Assuming Wii U and 3DS both are 4)

But if new Pikmin are added, I doubt that they wouldn't be added to Olimar.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Im not opposed to any character's inclusion so long as they bring something to the table.

Whoever the possible new Pikmin caracter is, so long as they play differently than Olimar, I'm happy.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah the only way I see Louie in Smash Wii U or 3DS is as a late add-on.

After that (as in future Smash Bros. games after Smash Wii U and 3DS), though, I could easily see him being an initially planned (original?) character.

D

Deleted member

I THINK someone just hinted at Retro Studio's showing a New F-Zero at E3?

He says something along the lines of:

"StarFox would be the game people are waiting for, but I just dont think it's that game, but my inside sources say Retro Studios WILL show something cool at E3 this year"

He then flashes to a picture of C. Falcon's racer on the Wii U tablet?

Hmmmm? F-Zero? StarFox? Which is it?

Here's the video
Sadly, it doesn't look to be F-zero. Miyamoto said a while ago that he would consider making one, which essentially proved that one is not in the making. Which is too bad, it's the #1 series I want to see for the Wii-U that isn't Smash (Star Fox is a close 2nd).
Im not opposed to any character's inclusion so long as they bring something to the table.
*Waluigi confirmed as the fifth Mario rep and has a completely unique play style that fits well into Smash*

Still against Waluigi? :troll:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I was actually going to say, with the exception of Waluigi and any other OMGWTFWHY? Characters.

Sadly, it doesn't look to be F-zero. Miyamoto said a while ago that he would consider making one
Not necessarily. I mean a year ago Ono said he was interested in making DS4, and that game was already in development BY HIM, when he said that. You have to play dumb sometimes.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ SSBF
It would be illegal for Waluigi to be original, according to Nintendo laws. :troll:

Also, this thread needs more of the guy who you fight when this song plays.

Edit: I (don't) like how the thread went from super active to not active at all. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

@Shortiecanbrawl: I'm just not having much hope for a Star Fox, F-zero, or Smash Bros. reveal this E3. So as you can see, I'm not looking forward to E3 this year and there's a good chance I won't watch it, especially since I have to work (no, I won't take off just to watch and speculate on E3 and Smash).

@Johnknight: We should see a resurgence in popularity at any moment now. Less than one month left until E3 and people are going to be jumping on here fast.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Even without a trailer, Sakurai could mention that Sonic and Snake are staying and there may be more third parties. That would be more than nice enough. :)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ That would be pretty cool, actually. That's why I think confirming just veterans (and maybe 1 or 2 newcomers) would be the best idea. Maybe show how much of BAMF certain characters that sucked in Brawl are now. Like if Bowser was suddenly beast. That would be amazing if that was showed off.
@Johnknight: We should see a resurgence in popularity at any moment now. Less than one month left until E3 and people are going to be jumping on here fast.
Once everyone gets out of school from late May to mid-June, hype will be hyped like hype bro. Then, we will evacuate to the Back Room(s). :bee:
Yeah, I think he's called Tiki Tong. :troll:
Hell. No. That can be a boss or assist trophy character, but keep it away from my smash bros roster. :glare:

Scatz

Smash Champion
I think those are good ideas, except the Yoshi hand grab (his current grab is fine, just give it less vulnerable frames it is miss), and the Egg Throw (just have Yoshi throw more 3 eggs at once or fire them faster). While I'm at it, Yoshi's down B should automatically grab opponents in front of him (at any point during the attack).

That down Smash needs to kill, too. That up Smash needs to either juggle, kill, or do both (but neither too effectively).
Honestly, leave DownB as is, grabs as is (his throws need tweaking), and keep Eggthrow, but replace it so it's more like it's 64/Melee counterpart (where it doesn't explode for a long while). It'd create a very unique game from him that can be based on setting up frame traps with the eggs.

As for Bowser, I wish he was given super armor on certain moves. He really should have it for his type of playstyle.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Except Yoshi grabs with his tongue to throw things out anyway in the games.

To be honest, he doesn't much need to use his hands, and probably could've been fine without 'em. XD

Riptor for Sm4sh. :troll:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Scatz
I agree that Yoshi's up B should be more Smash 64-like. However, I also feel it should come out quicker, and make him jump (while in the air) higher than it did in Brawl.

His down B does need to change though. It's near worthless as is. It doesn't need a grab aspect per say, but it does need a new aspect to make it actually minimally viable.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Idk what made his DownB useless as it's one of his best counter moves up close in brawl. Even if you attempted to change it, what would you do that wouldn't be seemingly weird or broken (plus, you gotta stick to his franchise)?

As for upB, I guess. If it came out quicker, then Deltacod would have a field day camping the entire world lol. I'm all for increasing the height though.

Either way, his tweaks should be within his normal moveset and Egg Roll.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ I don't play Brawl much, but in Smash 64 and Melee the down B was garbage. It was useless against anyone who is used to fighting Yoshi players at nearly any level of play.
As for upB, I guess. If it came out quicker, then Deltacod would have a field day camping the entire world lol. I'm all for increasing the height though.

Either way, his tweaks should be within his normal moveset and Egg Roll.
The height of the up B could be increased. Also given the defensive additions that have been added to Melee and Brawl (and probably will be added in Smash Wii U and 3DS), I imagine a stronger/faster firing up B would be much easier to combat against. Thus, it would most likely not be that easy to spam (at most levels of play).

Yoshi still does need more useful tilts and aerials. But alas, that forward B needs to be better.

Scatz

Smash Champion
I can see why you'd want to change it then. Basically, they tweaked the move so that it has a wind hitbox that sweeps people up and guarantees the strong hit of the move. They basically made it one of his key kills/punishments in Brawl. It sacificed some damage/knockback, but gained a ton of usefulness.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Scatz
Well that makes sense (in terms of Yoshi's down B). Still, I doubt it has much viability, but at least it has a purpose.

The thing is, a lot of Yoshi's aerials, tilts, and smash attacks don't have a purpose. If they did, it would give the down B a much better "role" in Yoshi's move set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom