• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Because you have a different religion doesn't make you hated duh.
though,his final smash could be transforming everything into wine,and have a hangover

My point isn't that he is advertising,but advertising is just a theory like the theory that it was planned before brawl
They make a vice-verca link:if it's advertising,he was planned,if he was planned,it was advertising
but it's just a speculation,i'm not sure myself,y'kno.

Arceus
He fainted for our sins :awesome:

D

Deleted member

It had been stated that the concept of Kid Icarus Uprising started out as a title where you were to fly around in open skies, and then Sakurai noticed that Pit would be the best Nintendo character to do that.
And thus Kid Icarus Uprising was conceived. And this decision came years after Pit was decided to be put in Brawl.

So yeah, he wasn't in Brawl for advertisement.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sakurai wanted Pit in from the start.

So no, having a revival being made later was unrelated. To think that is ignoring the facts...

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Maybe not advertising then,but:
"we'll do kid icarus 2"
only a little developement
"give up,useless"
pit in brawl
sakurai thinks
"screw what i said,do uprising"

just a theory...

And yeah,a beilef,thanks.

And also,those beta thing had beta animation,but no flying animation,because anyway,until brawl,pit never flew.That idea came later for uprising.Just a theory.

ssbowns

Smash Apprentice
Oh, and everyone be nice to the Smash Cadet. That is a new recruit you're talking to.
Thanks? But I know how forumites with 1000+ posts can have a collective hard to fit in with.

Anyway about the Dog. Grandet I'm not Arcadenik and I was thinking he could be a Zapper character instead of a simple Dog. As a dog he can punch, bite, kick, leap, chase his tail, roll around. He could also use Zapper, hit with or throw a duck, he could use the clay rings. Moreover taking account Hogan's Alley he could use a cardboard cutout or a soda can. From Wild Gunman he could get assist from a bandit. Final Smash could involve the time limit of saloon in Gang mode.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
D

Deleted member

And it's my theory that Godzilla lives in my closet and is waiting for the right time to strike up a conversation.
Doesn't make it true or reasonable.

(If you didn't get it, your theory is as farfetched and baseless as my made up one)

Especially when you consider Uprising is the third game...

That, and you have ignored what I said about how Kid Icarus Uprising started.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Holder trolls again... but I dun mind. (-=▼=-);
But I wouldn't be suprised if Holder and Bowns became allies... (to go against me lol)

And with Yui's response to No Pants, we shall conclude this case with the truth that Sakurai never meant to planned to advertise Uprising by adding Kid Icarus to Brawl... the franchise was just best pick for that game concept.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

I just remembered something from months ago.

Starphoenix wanted to conduct a poll on characters people wanted for Smash and wanted to go to many websites to figure it out.

Reviving this idea could be great and if done correctly, could be a (semi)-reliable indicator of what people want to see.

I have some ideas for such a poll if it were to be done in a widespread scale:

- Random sampling: This is considered to be the most reliable form of polling since it does not take bias into account. This would be perfect for such a poll, thought I'm not sure how it could be done with this poll specifically targeting Nintendo fans. I'm not sure what other methods could be done and give a semi-accurate description of what people want, but I'd like to hear.

- Include sections for stages, items, music, etc. There is more to Smash than just the character, so if people want Assist Trophies, then they should be allowed to. If people want to suggest change in game mechanics, they should be able to request it. Anything they want to request for Smash 4, we should be able to know.

- Make it a write-up . Anything that is eligible people should be able to requests. If people want Keldeo, those supporters should be able to request it.

Now for how sections will be done, we'll start with a question of "Do you want SSB4"? If not, they don't get to participate. If so, they'll be taken to a poll where it is divided up in series. Each series will contain a section for requests for playable characters, stages, musics, items, bosses, trophies, stickers and Assist Trophies. For example; take me doing the poll and answering questions for Mario:

Playable characters: I want Toad, Paper Mario, and Waluigi.
Stages: I want to see Good Egg Galaxy as a stage
Music: Dino Piranha (Super Mario Galaxy)
Bosses: King Boo
Trophies: Fawful
Stickers: Doopliss
Assist Trophies: Birdo
Items: Ice Flower

If people do not want anything from a section of a franchise, they can simply pick "N/A".

The end will be sections for game play mechanics, suggestions for game modes, and removals of any kind from Brawl. When a person submits, the results is sent to whoever conduct the poll. We can check for double voting by the person conducting the poll seeing the IP address of the person double voting. If they are caught, only their first vote counts.

This idea isn't realistic, but I thought it was worth bringing up to see if anyone would be interested.

ssbowns

Smash Apprentice
I have no attention span so I'm probably gone tomorrow. 70 posts in 11 months.

@SSBF. Earlier during the Olimar-Isaac argument I was also thinking that sort of poll would be really interesting.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
But i know,sky fighting and all the thing in uprising,but i DIDN'T say the old one was UPRISING.
but i'm trying to say there used to be one before brawl they didn't continue,my fact was:
it's before brawl
pit never flew before brawl
there isn't a flying animation
And damn,i'm making a speculation,theory,OPINION,whatever you think,i even said i'm not sure.
And i don't care if that's the third.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Hey, hey guys, hey hey, hey hey guys, hey hey guys.
E3 is a month away. =P

D

Deleted member

But i know,sky fighting and all the thing in uprising,but i DIDN'T say the old one was UPRISING.
but i'm trying to say there used to be one before brawl they didn't continue,my fact was:
it's before brawl
pit never flew before brawl
there isn't a flying animation
And damn,i'm making a speculation,theory,OPINION,whatever you think,i even said i'm not sure.
And i don't care if that's the third.
Sakurai had nothing to do with "Man Icarus" (as we call it). It was Factor 5. And it was 2008, which was AFTER Brawl.

In 2008, there were rumors of a three-dimensional Kid Icarus game for the Wii that was allegedly developed by the German American studio Factor 5. However, the title was said to be in production without the approval of Nintendo, and Factor 5 cancelled multiple projects following the closure of its American branch in early 2009.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Special moves:
B: Drink beer
Up B: Drink more beer
Down B: Sleep
Side B: Drink beer

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Homer?

Well, Belly Flops, some kind of Beer Bottle strike, couch hits. Kind of similar to how Mr. Game & Watch does it, really.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
LMAO, Peter Griffin is a carbon clone of Homer Simpson. Also, Homer needs a "beat family" special attack! :laugh:

@ vicgur
That picture is AMAZING!!!

Also, you can change the URL by saving it to your computer and re-uploading it on say imageshack or some image upload site like that (facebook?).

Also, I am back beetches! WORSHIP ME, FOR I AM YOUR GOD NOW!!! :shades:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Luk
Get a new pic or blur that particular word out, unless you want to be punished. ;)
You want a whip, huh?
I know someone who uses a whip.
Waa.
What a coincidence, I was thinking of Simon Belmont, too! :awesome:[COLLAPSE="This thread needs more support of MY MAN SIMON BELMONT ANYWAYS!!!"]
[/COLLAPSE]

D

Deleted member

Okay,still kind of weird,that the beta animations used another model,but the less beta used brawl's.Maybe when it was taken by Nintendo?
You keep saying that there was these "beta animations" as if I'm supposed to believe you without proof.

Show me where these "beta animations" are.

EDIT: I know it's REALLY unlikely to happen, but Goddammit, I want Fossil Fighters T-Rex in Smash 4.

D

Deleted member

Armadon is still better.

:phone:
T-Rex Lord (a Super Revived form of T-Rex) is better.

Oh, and funny thing I learned; Nintendo published Epic Mickey in Japan and is going to publish Epic Mickey 2 there as well. :laugh: Not that it means anything, but still quite funny.
Even funnier is that Nintendo worked on some complaints that were given for the game for it's Japan release. So essentially Japan got a better version of an American game than America. :laugh:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@GY: Oh, that happens at times. Japan got Eletale Monsters, a much better game and version of Quest 64. It's not that unusual.

Haven't played Fossil Fighters, but I wouldn't mind having a non-cute Dinosaur in.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ vicgur
Cool image and story bro.

Random note: I had an awesome dream last night. I was at E3 2014. I went with my cousin (who is a journalist), and apparently she somehow got me in.

Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS stole the show for the day it was shown, and looked ridiculously good. Both can be watched or played in "3D." Smash Wii U could also be played in Super HD (with no lag). Super HD is like HD, but 20 times better looking!
[COLLAPSE="Here's some awesome things I saw at E3 2014 involving Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS in my dream:"]The following characters were revealed:
-The "Big Four" of Fire Emblem were playable: Marth (new cool tricks and nearly all of his techniques and moves from Melee and Brawl were back), Roy (redone with mostly a different but superior play style), Ike (loads of new moves and tricks and some more power), and Krom (a jack of all trades with all kinds of cool tricks).

-King K. Rool, with Kaptain K. Rool and Baron K. Roolenstein as alternate outfits.

-Dixie Kong with a brand new outfit and modern look. Her old look(s) was/were an alternate costume(s).

-Ridley (purple is the default color, although it is his Super Metroid look). He was better than you could ever imagine.

-Mewtwo was shown, and he only had the "best" parts of his Melee appearance, as stated by the hosts of the Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS part.

-At least 2 (still active-ish) Nintendo 1st/2nd party franchises finally got characters in Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS. I'm not sure who.

-Samurai Goroh was shown with a lot of cool moves that he didn't have as an Assist Trophy in Brawl. However, it is unclear as to whether is an Assist Trophy again, a boss, or a playable character, but it was mentioned he was "important" to the game.

-To continue on this part about Samurai Goroh... my gut feeling told me he would initially be a boss (a lot of people on Smash Boards agreed), and then would be made playable through DLC much like how M. Bison was only a boss in the original Street Fighter II, and then subsequently made a playable character in later re-releases.

-Some really unknown retro character that I knew little about was shown. Their move set, plat style, and even movement was totally original and mind-blowing (much like Mr. Game and Watch).

-Mega Man (classic) was shown, with all kinds of cool gadgets. Nothing was mentioned about alternate outfits, although I think something indirect was implied about it.

-Nearly every character from Brawl was shown. Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Donkey Kong, Link, Toon Link, Sheik, Zelda, Ganondorf, Zero Suit Samus, Yoshi, Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Fox, Wolf, Pikachu, Lucario, the Pokémon Trainer (all the same Pokémon; there was speculation that he might get 3 more Pokémon, but this wasn't the case), Ness, Lucas, Captain Falcon, the Ice Climbers, Marth, Ike, Pit, Wario (apparently he wasn't shown until a few weeks or months before E3 2014, and there was speculation about whether Wario was in the game or not), Captain Olimar (with new Pikmin), Sonic, and Snake.

-Only Diddy Kong, Samus, Falco, Jigglypuff, Mr. Game and Watch, R.O.B. from Brawl were not shown. I had a feeling all of them are sure-things to return in the dream.

-DLC involving characters was mentioned as a possibility (although not confirmed or unconfirmed), but DLC was confirmed for just about everything else. Patches, new stages (whether actual new stages, stage builder stages, or stage builder parts), new items, new trophies, new stickers, new (other types of) collectables, new single-player content, new multi-player content, balancing for broken mechanics, etc.

-At least one of these two forthcoming smash bros. games was delayed at least 1-3 times.

-At least one of these new Smash Bros. games was either nearly out in Japan, or had come out within the past few months in Japan. I was unsure in the dream if either game was out anywhere else, including PAL and NTSC regions.[/COLLAPSE]Anyways, it was overall a very freaking amazing dream. I woke up hoping it was (mostly) all real, but sadly, it wasn't. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom