• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Wow. There is nothing intresting going on except for making fun of Plokoon's roster. Oh, yeah, why would there be less charcters than in Brawl, there will be 60 at most. oh yeah, and Poo is for a physically oriented Mother character. Him or Teddy or Duster. One of the three.

TheBluAssassin

Smash Apprentice
Characters that should be added:
Psycho Fox
Wonderboy
Alex Kidd
Ovoid
Kratos
Master Chief
Redead
Kurt Cobain
Freddy Krueger
Jeffrey Dahmer
Al Bundy
Superman
The Incredible Hulk
Paper Luigi
Talon
Anju
Baby Mario
Spongebob

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Commenting on the IGN link posted last night.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/122/1223770p1.html

I still think that since we aren't going to see more of the same (and thank God), we're looking at a different direction for the series as Sakurai said. To me, on hit canceling and character strings are the next big things for the series. It would be away of expanding on the game in a different way. Instead of increasing the quantity of the content, it'd be making the current content more dense.

BTW, I've talked to a couple of people of the idea of OHCs, chains, and other cancelings, and they're rather fond of the idea. Of course, these people play other fighting games as well so take that as you will.

@John
Did you enjoy Kimber's Farewell to **** Tour?
Way too competitively oriented to ever see the light of an official Smash Bros title.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Needs more Flint Norris, Cobalsh :awesome:
Oh, scratch Dudter. That was supposed to be Flint.:embarrass:

Oh, look, another new word:
Dudter:
A description for a skinny, one legged theif. Or an insult. One of the two.
Also...
Thut:
To shoot.
2nd Edit: My pants, E.Gadd is a pun off "Egad!", and K.Tastroff is a pun off catastrophy.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
:bee:Oh, yeah, I'll be posting a new wod every day. Kepp posted, and if needed, use them. Get the word out.
Starting with:
Wod:
An infant who cnnot pronounce anything.
And cnnot:
A giant eggplant that eats wods.

D

Deleted member

It just fits so well. Hulk smashes....and this is Smash Bros.
I's a perfect fit!

@Metal: Thanks!

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
No prob Golden :cool:

Seriously though, I think Samurai Goroh has to be my most wanted character for Smash (not counting Mewtwo and Roy). I grew up with that mofo

Hoots

Can Be Combative
OK... So upon reading Sakurai's comments... I am now absolutely terrified. Is he going to force you to buy a 3DS and Smash3D in order to do most of the content in the WiiU one? How much is he going to change the direction? Is it going to be to the point that we won't be able to do the same ol' 1v1 competitive games? And let's hope he still wants to make the roster bigger. Dear god...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Way too competitively oriented to ever see the light of an official Smash Bros title.
What defines a competitive game? Besides, chains and the like are anything but difficult. The closest you might have in fighting games for that is canceling a jab into a special since the time window is so short, but it's honestly not that bad. All you gotta do is learn the rhythm of things. It can't always be the same. What, you expect to apply the same controls of a platformer to a Madden game?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I think Sakurai just wants to find a way to make the two games even better together, but I doubt that he'll force the interconnectivity feature upon us by doing something like that, Hoots. Not only would that be terribly inconvenient for people like me who can't afford both consoles and games, it would be really hypocritical of him since his design philosophy for his games always seems to be about "giving the players options" and "letting them play the way they want to play"

@asage- http://wii.ign.com/articles/122/1223770p1.html

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I think Sakurai just wants to find a way to make the two games even better together, but I doubt that he'll force the interconnectivity feature upon us by doing something like that, Hoots. Not only would that be terribly inconvenient for people like me who can't afford both consoles and games, it would be really hypocritical of him since his design philosophy for his games always seems to be about "giving the player's options" and "letting them play the way they want to play"
Personally, I hope that he kind of has a robust single player mode with lots of customization unlocked through connecting the games, so all of the Forever Alones get something while the people who want to play multiplayer get to keep the same experience. At least I hope so. I guess Sakurai said the same thing about Brawl and it turned out fine. I'm still skeptical until I see an announcement trailer with at least 4 deserving newcomers.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Hmmm. Maybe Sakurai wants us to never stop playing Smash ever. Because now when you have to go somewhere, you can just take Smash with you and earn a bunch of rewards and STUFF, and then when you get back to the WiiU you can transfer all your new stuff over and play with it. By the time you're done toying with all the new junk you unlocked, it's time to leave again and it's all just a vicious cycle terrible.

Dj PhaTz

Smash Cadet
I'm honestly pretty flustered with everything I'm hearing about this game. Smash Universe and Wii U in general, it all just seems like too fast of a switch. I kind of feel like they're panicking and just throwing out a title that's super familiar to everyone to bring hype to the release of their newest system without actually putting in an in depth analysis of what their fans actually LIKE about the game they're making. Hopefully this game isn't completely *** because that would ruin smash. I mean brawl was already a stretch for a LOT of people. Get your **** together Sakurai.

On another note what do you guys think about new characters? I'd like to see the following, loosely in order:

1. Dixie Kong
2. Knuckles
3. Bomberman
4. Ty the Tasmanian Tiger
5. Hitmonchan
5. Hitmonlee
5. Blaziken
5. Combuskin
5. Scyther
6. Glover
7. Conker
8. Louie (Pikmin 2)
9. Bowser Jr.
10. Banjo & Kazooie

vicgur

Smash Ace
If I had to bet, I'd say there is gonna be some content [could be characters, stages, items, music, trophies or stickers... anything] that is only unlockable by connecting the 3DS to the WiiU.

Do you remember Cpt. Olimar's trophy in Melee? You had to have a Pikmin save in your memory card to get it.
I think Sakurai might do something like that again in Sm4sh...

If you don't think Sakurai himself would do that, think about some big shot executives telling him to do that, so both games would sell more...

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Smash Universe isn't even the real title, lol that was just a fake rumor

Oh, and, only about 2 of those characters (Dixie Kong and Bowser Jr.) actually have a significant chance of making it in, but I would love me some Banjo and Kazooie, Conker, Knuckles, Bomberman, or Blaziken

HITMONCHAN. HITMONLEE. Yes plz

Dark Yoghurt

Smash Cadet
It's a new system, there has to be a Smash, and it's not like it's going to be anywhere near the Wii U's launch so, Sakurai will just do his thang. I think there will be lots of collectibles, unlockable content via 3DS<->Wii U, spotpass stuff maybe, good online...

Ty the Tasmanian Tiger in Smash Bros?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg2u_De8j5o

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Sakurai~"I'm really just getting started on this so it's going to take time, but I'll come up with something that uses that link as the game's central axis, so I hope you're looking forward to it."

So, as ya'll know I'm very dumb, so what exactly does this mean? Connectivity, or something?

vicgur

Smash Ace
Can't wait to see some awesome AR stuff in Sm4sh 3DS.
And Street Pass stuff, like giving other players your custom stages and snapshots.

Oh, and I'm curious about how the Wii U version is gonna play... I mean, we don't even know what kind of controller we're gonna use in this game, yet.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I maybe a little late, but with actual Smash News, I think this applies.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
And I'm very curious about the story mode. The Melee one was nice but the Brawl one was firmly better.
The one next is gonna kick ***. I wonder if they will not put in more RPG elements. Not too many but some funny one. Do you remember Donkey Kong Country 3 for Super Nintendo? It was having some of what I mean that fitted very well in the game, without altering it's basic jump'n'run structure.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Smash Universe isn't even the real title, lol that was just a fake rumor

Oh, and, only about 2 of those characters (Dixie Kong and Bowser Jr.) actually have a significant chance of making it in, but I would love me some Banjo and Kazooie, Conker, Knuckles, Bomberman, or Blaziken

HITMONLEE. Yes plz
fixed. :cool:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Would this be a prediction for JUST the reveal trailer?

Sidekicks?! Well, what ever makes you happy.

I wonder if anyone gets these
Let's not lose our heads though!

Boy, things sure have turned boring lately. But I guess when you're in the dark for almost a full year, you're bound to start odd conversations.

Sadly, I have nothing different to talk about at this time.
Yeah, I tend to vanish during those parts. ^^; Hopefully, now that development has "officially" begun, we can totally get like so many things to talk about. :awesome:

One thing I'd like to ask all of you is what your opinion on the character Aeron/Ende is. Not so much to say whether or not he is likely (for he likely isn't likely), but more so for the idea of how he would do as a character or to be represented in some way. He is the protagonist of Pandora's Tower that is coming to North America sometime soonish.

Yes, he is a sword user, but that isn't what makes him interesting to me. I like me them unique characters, and he is one of them because of his Oraclos Chain that he uses to tie enemies together, wrap them up, grab things, and swing from things. I haven't played the game of course, nor have I been willing to watch enough gameplay to know everything, but what does everything think of the character? He is one of my personal favorites, if only he felt more likely I'd put him in my betting roster.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
And I'm very curious about the story mode. The Melee one was nice but the Brawl one was firmly better.
The one next is gonna kick ***. I wonder if they will not put in more RPG elements. Not too many but some funny one. Do you remember Donkey Kong Country 3 for Super Nintendo? It was having some of what I mean that fitted very well in the game, without altering it's basic jump'n'run structure.
There wasn't a story in Melee. And the Brawl sucked. FACT.

plokoon9619

Smash Cadet
Make fun of my roster, it only lights the truth for the storm to come in the future. You'll all see when the fire engulfs the Internet just as when it did when Mass Effect 3 was first completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom