• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Nah, I like THE Yoshi, but generic Yoshis aren't that interesting to me. Shy Guys come in all shapes, types, and forms. They have much more of a personality as well than the generic Yoshis.

Plus the generic Toads.. seriously? :awesome:
Ugh, don't play this game.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I do like Shy Guy, I just don't think he has much of a shot...but he'd be cool to see. Fly Guy makes an obvious recovery:awesome:

I just hope we at least get a NAME at E3. Tired of calling it SSB4, you know?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Hey, hey, I'd only support him if either he got his own series or special role (other than generic appearances) in the Mario/Yoshi games.

But if he got in SSB4, I'd secretly be all giddy.
:awesome:
General Guy. That is all. Holds a Star Spirit. Pretty important.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think I presented my point poorly. Let me start again.

I don't have a problem with characters that originated in smash (i.e. Master Hand, Primid, Tabuu, Giga Bowser in Melee etc.), I just don't like it when they become playable (legitimately), and so far this has only happened to Giga Bowser, as Bowser's FS.
Okay. I still don't honestly see a reason why it's a big deal. They're still video game characters you can play as. That origined in a video game.

I don't have a problem playing as Wario Man or Super Sonic, because those characters did not originate from Smash. I know I'm being fickle about this, but it's mostly my preference (and I'm not trying to push my views on others, just share my opinions).
But here's the kicker, the characters still originated in a video game, right? Are they less of a character or something? They're part of the Smash storyline, which is separate from other storylines. You're playing as a Smash version of Mario, not any particular one, same for everybody else.

With Roy I was partly joking, because I knew he was designed for FE, not Smash, and that he wasn't created for the sole purpose of existing in Smash Bros.
Still originated there, though. That actually matters as is. For all we knew. Fire Emblem 6 could've been cancelled and he'd be a Smash only. We have no idea if Smash-only characters could appear in later games. Master Hand and Crazy Hand appeared in a Kirby game, after all.

Toon Sheik was created just to be a counterpart to normal Sheik for the sole purpose of being a playable character in Smash Bros. This is why I would choose to not play with her.
That's fine. Don't choose her. But why does that make her an illegitimate playable character?

And I never complained about clones. I don't have any problem with them (as long as they don't make up the majority of the roster).

I think I rambled on a bit, but I hope I was a little more clear.
It's a good thing they don't. Although if it's the majority of characters, there's more clones in Smash 64 then there are playable characters. XD

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I do like Shy Guy, I just don't think he has much of a shot...but he'd be cool to see. Fly Guy makes an obvious recovery:awesome:

I just hope we at least get a NAME at E3. Tired of calling it SSB4, you know?
I would love to see stilts gameplay. Could make him an interesting character in terms of playstyle.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
What was the name of the Shy Guy battalion led by the Shy Guy General in Shy Guy's Toybox in Paper Mario?

I just used "Shy Guy" three times in one sentence. Booyah.

But really, that would be an awesome Paper Mario stage.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Okay. I still don't honestly see a reason why it's a big deal. They're still video game characters you can play as. That origined in a video game.

But here's the kicker, the characters still originated in a video game, right? Are they less of a character or something? They're part of the Smash storyline, which is separate from other storylines. You're playing as a Smash version of Mario, not any particular one, same for everybody else.

Still originated there, though. That actually matters as is. For all we knew. Fire Emblem 6 could've been cancelled and he'd be a Smash only. We have no idea if Smash-only characters could appear in later games. Master Hand and Crazy Hand appeared in a Kirby game, after all.

That's fine. Don't choose her. But why does that make her an illegitimate playable character?

It's a good thing they don't. Although if it's the majority of characters, there's more clones in Smash 64 then there are playable characters. XD
I guess what it boils down to is I'm fairly irrational about Smash-created characters. The good thing is that I don't foresee many more playable characters that were created for the sole purpose of being playable in Smash.

I think I've always viewed Smash as a game where you play as characters from other games fighting each other, not ones created just to fight in these games.
(which is why I particularly disliked all the original enemies in the SSE, but not nearly as much as I would've if any of them were playable)

Also, I shouldn't have brought up the point about Roy, because it's the one that really proves I'm trying to create loopholes. :laugh:
(Although he did become my main years after his game came out, not that it affects my flawed argument in any way)

It's pretty much just my personal preference overall, albeit a fairly illogical one.

I still hope Toon Sheik doesn't become a playable character though. (Unless she appears in a LoZ game first).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I would love to see stilts gameplay. Could make him an interesting character in terms of playstyle.
That too. But if he got hit with them off stage...that would be quite an awkward jumping motion. Or if he tripped...xD

But that seriously would be interesting. I guess some "kicking" attacks could be added with quite a long range, at the expense of a large hitbox, slowness (ever tried to run on stilts?), and perhaps a bit of starting or ending lag on some moves.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I guess what it boils down to is I'm fairly irrational about Smash-created characters. The good thing is that I don't foresee many more playable characters that were created for the sole purpose of being playable in Smash.
Once again, Master Hand is playable. Without an external device. Is he bad now?

I think I've always viewed Smash as a game where you play as characters from other games fighting each other, not ones created just to fight in these games.
...So that means that every boss that is original kind of sucks and shouldn't be in with that kind of statement. :urg:

Also, I shouldn't have brought up the point about Roy, because it's the one that really proves I'm trying to create loopholes. :laugh:
To be fair, he proved your point wrong.

It's pretty much just my personal preference overall, albeit a fairly illogical one.
Right.

I still hope Toon Sheik doesn't become a playable character though. (Unless she appears in a LoZ game first).
if she exists in Smash, her chances of appearing in an LOZ game is heightened. It's really a Roy principle here. Same thing.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
General Guy. That is all. Holds a Star Spirit. Pretty important.
Pardon me, a reoccurring role. Besides, Paper Mario would go in way before him, even if they set out to make him a 3D model.

We shouldn't have Smash originated characters playable. That would rob the essence of Smash Brothers out of it. That essence is of course, all of the characters from the Nintendo franchises getting together to fight. There is no "Smash Brothers" outside of Smash Brothers to represent.

That too. But if he got hit with them off stage...that would be quite an awkward jumping motion. Or if he tripped...xD
Stilts couldn't be a constant thing, it'd have to be a move he could go in if anything and go out of by pressing it again. Though then again, what would be the usage of the stilts to begin with? XD Shy Guy would more likely use slingshots, balloons/Medi Guy/propeller recovery, hammer, spears (the jungle ones :D), etc.

Costumes could be Anti-Guy, General Guy, Spear Guy, Groove Guy, and the various colors.

What was the name of the Shy Guy battalion led by the Shy Guy General in Shy Guy's Toybox in Paper Mario?

I just used "Shy Guy" three times in one sentence. Booyah.

But really, that would be an awesome Paper Mario stage.
Shy Squad. :cool:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
We shouldn't have Smash originated characters playable. That would rob the essence of Smash Brothers out of it. That essence is of course, all of the characters from the Nintendo franchises getting together to fight. There is no "Smash Brothers" outside of Smash Brothers to represent.
It's not Nintendo franchises anymore. It's just video game characters. More accurately, it's Nintendo-influenced at best. But it's not Nintendo-only, so yeah, that essence is well, 100% false.

Sonic The Hedgehog and Metal Gear Solid are definitely not Nintendo franchises.

So that point is already false.

The essence of Smash Bros. is playing as various characters in a cartoonish Brawl with various options and up to 4 players. It's not a Nintendo thing anymore, like it or not.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I would want the stilts to bring a new type of gameplay like Peach and her turnips, or that idiot and his Pikmin

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
or that idiot and his Pikmin

What is wrong with you?!

It's not Nintendo franchises anymore. It's just video game characters..
Soooo... Cloud, Master Chief, and Glados for SSB4? .___.

Yeah, it is a Nintendo game, considering it has been setting out to do that, is made by Nintendo characters, and those who aren't come in from high demand and friendships to Nintendo (there goes that words again) are considered guests.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
DUDE. HOLDER.

Go on Wikipedia. Look up Shy Guy. THERE ARE SO MANY. MY GOD.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Soooo... Cloud, Master Chief, and Glados for SSB4? .___.
Read what I said again. All of it. I said it was Nintendo-Influenced as well.

Yeah, it is a Nintendo game, considering it has been setting out to do that, is made by Nintendo characters, and those who aren't come in from high demand and friendships to Nintendo (there goes that words again) are considered guests.
The problem with this is that original character in Smash are Nintendo characters too. Thus, it doesn't make a difference to the origin of a character besides... a video game origin, and a Nintendo appearance.

It's far from just a Nintendo game. It's a game on Nintendo, more accurately. It's a multi-franchise game, basically. Just influenced by Nintendo. You can't even says it's just Nintendo characters either. Since that's not a fact since Brawl.

The game has moved on from "Nintendo All-Stars", after all. That is an actual fact.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Before I start again, I'd just like to say: Don't worry Hyper, you've won the argument and successfully proved that my way of thinking about Smash isn't how others view it, and isn't how it was meant to be interpreted.

Ok, phew.

Once again, Master Hand is playable. Without an external device. Is he bad now?
Master Hand was never meant to be a playable character, he's always supposed to be the CPU boss. I've never really had a problem with him. I doubt he'll ever become a "playable character"
If he's playable through other means, that was never Sakurai's intention, and still by and large isn't considered a playable character on the same lines as Mario or Link.

...So that means that every boss that is original kind of sucks and shouldn't be in with that kind of statement. :urg:
I'd much prefer bosses like Porky, Petey, and Rayquaza over ones like Duon and Galleom, but I really don't care if the bosses are original are not, as long as they're not playable.
While I wasn't wild about the original enemies from subspace just because they could've been enemies from existing Nintendo series (a complaint many share), I didn't hate them. It's not like they were ever meant to be playable characters.

So basically yes, I'd rather have existing bosses than original ones. It's not something drastic though, it's not like Duon and Galleom were playable.

To be fair, he proved your point wrong.
Roy was never meant to be a character that was created just for Smash. I guess this is why I view him differently than I would if a primid were playable or something.

if she exists in Smash, her chances of appearing in an LOZ game is heightened. It's really a Roy principle here. Same thing.
I agree that if she did appear in Smash (which she still might considering Sakurai once attempted to add her), her chances of appearing in her own series would go up, but I feel that it would still be different than Roy, who was created for Fire Emblem 6, and was put in Melee before his game came out, as opposed to being created for Smash then appearing in a LoZ game. That is basically what happened to Master Hand in Amazing Mirror.

So all in all, I don't have a problem with characters original to Smash (though I didn't like some of the subspace enemies), my issue lies with making these characters playable (which has only happened to Giga Bowser so far -- and he's not even a full character)

I can keep defending my points, Hyper, but they won't get any more logical. :laugh:
Don't worry:

edit: although I guess Holder and I do share an opinion on part of it. yay ^_^

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Well, to me... I don't mind the odd smash invention, but it is an all stars nintendo fighting game, so if they have 1 or 2 playable characters of their own I honestly wouldn't be annoyed. If it started to take up the roster as much as mario/pokemon/LoZ does i'd start getting annoyed though (Not to say that those franchises don't deserve their places, of course!).

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well, to me... I don't mind the odd smash invention, but it is an all stars nintendo fighting game, so if they have 1 or 2 playable characters of their own I honestly wouldn't be annoyed. If it started to take up the roster as much as mario/pokemon/LoZ does i'd start getting annoyed though (Not to say that those franchises don't deserve their places, of course!). :glare:
That's definitely a fair opinion, and I have faith in Sakurai that if there ever was an original Smash character, it would at least be interesting.

Adding an original character or two wouldn't prevent me from buying the game or anything, I just probably wouldn't play as them as much as the others.

(Actually I'd probably only play as them to complete the trophies, lol)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Before I start again, I'd just like to say: Don't worry Hyper, you've won the argument and successfully proved that my way of thinking about Smash isn't how others view it, and isn't how it was meant to be interpreted.

Ok, phew.
Alright.

Master Hand was never meant to be a playable character, he's always supposed to be the CPU boss. I've never really had a problem with him. I doubt he'll ever become a "playable character"
If he's playable through other means, that was never Sakurai's intention, and still by and large isn't considered a playable character on the same lines as Mario or Link.
Actually, in 64, all of his moves used the regular B, A, and the Control Stick. He even has a shield(which gets glitchy). However, if you try to play as him, the game glitches up for many reasons. So I'm not so sure that's true and it was more Sakurai couldn't get him to play right(which he has glitches if not on Final Destination). So he kept him CPU only. As for Giant Donkey Kong, Metal Mario, and the Polygons... as well as the Hat Kirbies(they're not the same as Kirby, they have a Permanent B move, although that's just programmed that way) were not meant to be playable either, under this theory. My problem is that they have actual playable data in the Debug Mode, meaning they can be playable. The thing is, if MH couldn't be playable, why not make the other bosses/mooks CPU only? It makes sense, IMO.

Long story short, Master Hand is the only character to not be a clone or have a clone. I believe he was meant to be playable, but it didn't work out like planned. This doesn't automatically apply to Melee or Brawl. Melee, possibly the same thing. Brawl, yeah, no.

I'd much prefer bosses like Porky, Petey, and Rayquaza over ones like Duon and Galleom, but I really don't care if the bosses are original are not, as long as they're not playable.
While I wasn't wild about the original enemies from subspace just because they could've been enemies from existing Nintendo series (a complaint many share), I didn't hate them. It's not like they were ever meant to be playable characters.
Primid, as said before, would make an excellent and original character. Could also be customizable. But if we can customize characters(and I don't mean a Mii), we'd be making an original character too. I really doubt Sakurai cares if they're an OC or not, so the intent part is unfounded. Not saying you're wrong for thinking this, of course.

So basically yes, I'd rather have existing bosses than original ones. It's not something drastic though, it's not like Duon and Galleom were playable.
But if they were? Would you make somebody else play them to get all of Classic Mode's Trophies?

Roy was never meant to be a character that was created just for Smash. I guess this is why I view him differently than I would if a primid were playable or something.
I'd still say Giga Bowser proves this whole thing wrong, anyway.

I agree that if she did appear in Smash (which she still might considering Sakurai once attempted to add her), her chances of appearing in her own series would go up, but I feel that it would still be different than Roy, who was created for Fire Emblem 6, and was put in Melee before his game came out, as opposed to being created for Smash then appearing in a LoZ game. That is basically what happened to Master Hand in Amazing Mirror.
Exactly. It would be cool to see Toon Sheik. The original bosses besides the Hands slightly annoyed me since they weren't even an OC Clone.(I like those, since they can be used for later games) IMO.

So all in all, I don't have a problem with characters original to Smash (though I didn't like some of the subspace enemies), my issue lies with making these characters playable (which has only happened to Giga Bowser so far -- and he's not even a full character)
To correct the last sentence, he's not a full character in Brawl. He's a full one in Melee. ...And he's technically still a full character. He just has a time limit, instead.

I can keep defending my points, Hyper, but they won't get any more logical. :laugh:
Don't worry:
Oh, it's not about winning here. I'm having fun debating with a person. You're being rational here and not sprouting off purposely false information to get what you want. :)

@Luco: "Nintendo All-Stars" was dropped in Brawl, to clarify. It however is true for 64 and Melee, but not for Brawl.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
"Nintendo All Star" was dropped the day Roy was put into Melee. Usually people like throwing that term out there when they want to feel smarter and bash a particular set of characters.

VVVV

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
About the whole "Nintendo All-Stars" thing... don't y'all realize that that's just a tagline for the game? It's funny how people actually take it seriously as an argument lol

:phone:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Hyper, I'll be back to defend my points again, but right now I need a nap. That really took it out of me. :laugh:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Nope. That's not why I enjoy the debate.

I know he isn't changing his mind. That's fine. I want to show my point of view and understand his. Nothing wrong with that.
No, I meant, "Oh, it's not about winning" nonesense. Ya'lls always down your throats trying to get a point across. It's called trying to WIN an arguement.

:201f::201e::201e::201l: :201t::201h::201e: :201t::201r::201u::201t::201h:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
No, I meant, "Oh, it's not about winning" nonesense. Ya'lls always down your throats trying to get a point across. It's called trying to WIN an arguement.

:201f::201e::201e::201l: :201t::201h::201e: :201t::201r::201u::201t::201h:
That's exactly what I said. I may often debate to win, but that's not always the case.

Getting a point across =/= Winning. If you get my point, I'm good. Whether I win or lose is no matter as long as you understand me fully.

D

Deleted member

I seriously doubt Master Hand was considered for playable status. I mean, think about it; a health based fighter that can fly freely across stages in a game about knocking characters out of an arena?

And being playable through a glitch doesn't count, as it wasn't intended that way; that's why it's called a glitch. To argue that Master Hand counts as an official character playable in Melee is the same as calling Missingno. a legitimate Pokemon.
Heck, Galactus in UMvC3 is more of a legitimate character than Master Hand because you can actually use him without glitches or hacks. But even then, he isn't FULLY legitimate because you can't use him in multiplayer.

:201i: :201l::201i::201k::201e: :201t::201a::201l::201k::201i::201n::201g: :201i::201n: :201u::201n::201o::201w::201n:.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
That's exactly what I said. I may often debate to win, but that's not always the case.

Getting a point across =/= Winning. If you get my point, I'm good. Whether I win or lose is no matter as long as you understand me fully.
HyperFalcon... Whenever you argue with someone, you always win.
Seems :201l::201e::201g::201i::201t:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
M eYou should know by now, I don't care who I piss off when I say what I say. The only reasons I come here anymore is to hear from star and toise, and to play with chrono.

which might explain Sakurai's statement that Smash 4 will have less newcomers added than Brawl.
Wait what?

Since when did he say that?
Yeah, but then people'll just want a ****load of DLC

Ugh DLC.

Why not just make them just unlockable characters instead of getting us to pay for just some character to be playable. *Cough* Capcom *Cough*
Wouldn't you say Toads are the best Generic Speicies? Or Yoshis?
Toads da bess.

Cry more, *****es
Do I recognize that picture from some game which was one of the worst games of all time

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I seriously doubt Master Hand was considered for playable status. I mean, think about it; a health based fighter that can fly freely across stages in a game about knocking characters out of an arena?

And being playable through a glitch doesn't count, as it wasn't intended that way; that's why it's called a glitch. To argue that Master Hand counts as an official character playable in Melee is the same as calling Missingno. a legitimate Pokemon.
Heck, Galactus in UMvC3 is more of a legitimate character than Master Hand because you can actually use him without glitches or hacks. But even then, he isn't FULLY legitimate because you can't use him in multiplayer.

:201i: :201l::201i::201k::201e: :201t::201a::201l::201k::201i::201n::201g: :201i::201n: :201u::201n::201o::201w::201n:.
Meta Knight'd be on a run for his money if Master Hand was playable.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
HyperFalcon... Whenever you argue with someone, you always win.
Seems :201l::201e::201g::201i::201t:
Except I don't always win, and you know it.

This one is a clear exception since you're trying to tell me why I do things. :|

@GY: He has a percentage meter outside of Final Destination, notably. We really don't know if Sakurai considered him or not. He's also the only one to have a full Forward B, so maybe he was a test to see if that worked. We really don't know enough to make a full judgment. I'm not saying he was definitely meant to be playable, but it's entirely possible. In 64, that is.

Meta Knight'd be on a run for his money if Master Hand was playable.
...Not really. There's a delay among all of his moves when activated. And memorizing each move is not easy either. He goes auto-move once activated, and you have no control over him.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Ha ha. :glare:

Seriously, though, did you look at the REAL Shy Guy's page? Alphabetical order from Anti Guy to Woozy Guy.
Ha yeah I did. They're definitely the most interesting foe, hands down.

Read what I said again. All of it. I said it was Nintendo-Influenced as well.
Super Smash Brothers. is not a Nintendo-influenced game. It's still a Nintendo game. They receive guests that have influenced Nintendo. They do not get the entire cast in such a way, nor is that the thought process that Sakurai keeps in mind when formulating an entire roster. Snake had to be begged for, and Sonic barely made the cut, being the only character added late in the game. Also, saying it is a Nintendo-influence game doesn't really disable my point about Master Chief, Cloud, and Glados. If it is truly as you say it, characters from all consoles including the PC must be considered. After all, it is merely Nintendo-influenced, right? And yet, third party characters from other series' beyond Smash Brothers doesn't really aid the point of having a SSB originated character in, they are two separate things.

The problem with this is that original character in Smash are Nintendo characters too. Thus, it doesn't make a difference to the origin of a character besides... a video game origin, and a Nintendo appearance.
It still isn't the same thing. This is a game, even irrespective of their company origin, built upon the concept of icons fighting each other. There is no icon for SSB because the iconic image of the games themselves are the collection of other icons. Of course, it makes its own identity by necessity with things like the Master Hand, but he can't legitimately be a character, and he is not desired as such. The only one that can work is Tabuu, and does he seem fitting among the cast of icons gathered elsewhere from franchises? Sakurai worries a lot about selecting the right characters that fit together, I'm not so sure he'd be willing to do that.

But anyways, if there were to be an OC, I wouldn't ***** about it, I'd accept it and be happy because I'll pretty much take whatever is handed to me (besides, I'd probably be just like, "Welp, this is the WTF character". But in theory, it doesn't seem right. The identity of SSB to me, and the same goes for many fans, is the Nintendo franchises (or Nintendo-influenced) coming together.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
The Unknown thing was clever the first time, but not so much anymore.

Anyways, for you sales people. Here:

- some retailers are nearly sold out
- some retailers are worried they won't get a stock replenishment by the Golden Week holiday

“We’ve heard that others have been experiencing a scarcity of units, so we’ve added more, but still 90% of it was sold out.”

“60% sold out and it’s looking good.”
- selling even better at other retailers, for a total of 80% sellthrough

“Because of rain, sales weren’t too great. But of the new games, Fire Emblem sold the best. Although, most of the people who bought it were old guys, lol. Personally, I was expecting great things of Code of Princess, but it got completely eaten up by Fire Emblem, so I thought that was a bit of a shame. Why are Nintendo games so cheap despite being high quality? It’s no wonder the others don’t sell when Nintendo’s games are 1,000 yen cheaper. However, it’s a game directed at core gamers, so who knows how long it’ll sell for. I don’t think it’ll be a game with lots of stamina like the Mario games, so I can only hope that the numbers will continue to grow for at least next week or the week after that.”

“First thing in the morning, it’s 3DS Fire Emblem on parade. I feel like nothing else was sold at all. It’s all Fire Emblem. Rare for a Nintendo title, they released commercials and everything, so a crowd of people came in on the release date. “The customers’ ages dropped, so from dusk onward it was middle/high school students on their way back from school. I completely thought that the only people buying this would be those in their mid-thirties, so I was let down, but in a good way.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom