• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
YES Poppy, I also want Pichu back in :cry:

I don't like to see anyone cut, clone or not. Almost anyone from 2nd gen I would love, really. Because Pichu was just so damn adorable in Melee :(

What you came up with Pichu is so boss

:phone:
Heck, B and Side B could be Iron Tail and Quick Attack respectively, since Pikachu doesn't have them.

Pichu was my favorite in Melee, and was my second main, just after Mewtwo. Just check my location, and you can CLEARLY tell.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Pikachu's up B is quick attack. Would Pichu's side B work this way too, Poppy, but with more horizontal distance?

edit: At least SmashWiki says it's quick attack, I really can't remember what his trophy said.

edit2: In Melee Pikachu's was quick attack and Pichu was agility

edit3: Ninja'd

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
On DLC characters:

I'd like to see this kind of thing avoided outside of balance updates. Basically, how SSF4AE panned out with the additions of Yun, Yang, Oni, and Evil Ryu (ugh). I think, though, the primary choices for DLC should be Dr. Mario, Young Link, Melee Ganondorf, and Pichu.

Compare this to King of Fighters XIII that had NESTS Kyo, Flames Iori, and Mr. Karate which were older versions of Kyo, Iori, and Takuma respectively. Depending on the changes to the cast, those four Melee clones could be choice DLC picks.

Unlike KOF XIII, and BBCS, I think characters should NOT be included separately. They need to be bundled together. Besides, doesn't "Forgotten Warriors" sound rather appealing of a package? As for new characters, I question how likely that is. While I can see balance updates being done, especially if Black and White 2 is any indication, I wonder if any characters besides those four would be added. Of course, this really depends on how long they want Smash 4 to last.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Poppy- BACK IN THE DAY (lol 4th grade), I used to loved trollin my friends with Pichu. It wasn't always successful though because one of my friends would pick Sheik :laugh:

@Kuma- People would then complain about how they were forced to download a character they didn't want (although I personally don't care, I just wouldn't play as them when I download them)

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Pikachu's up B is quick attack. Would Pichu's side B work this way too, Poppy, but with more horizontal distance?

edit: At least SmashWiki says it's quick attack, I really can't remember what his trophy said.

edit2: In Melee Pikachu's was quick attack and Pichu was agility

edit3: Ninja'd
Well, regardless, Pichu's is a Side B. One movement, more horizontal distance, moderate damage compared to Pikachu's.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@Kuma- People would then complain about how they were forced to download a character they didn't want (although I personally don't care, I just wouldn't play as them when I download them)
Those people should stop *****ing and deal with it. Besides, would you be willing to pay only 50-60 dollars to play only that character and everyone else is unplayable? And obviously, the complainers must have never heard of buying bundles.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
On DLC characters:

I'd like to see this kind of thing avoided outside of balance updates. Basically, how SSF4AE panned out with the additions of Yun, Yang, Oni, and Evil Ryu (ugh). I think, though, the primary choices for DLC should be Dr. Mario, Young Link, Melee Ganondorf, and Pichu.

Compare this to King of Fighters XIII that had NESTS Kyo, Flames Iori, and Mr. Karate which were older versions of Kyo, Iori, and Takuma respectively. Depending on the changes to the cast, those four Melee clones could be choice DLC picks.

Unlike KOF XIII, and BBCS, I think characters should NOT be included separately. They need to be bundled together. Besides, doesn't "Forgotten Warriors" sound rather appealing of a package? As for new characters, I question how likely that is. While I can see balance updates being done, especially if Black and White 2 is any indication, I wonder if any characters besides those four would be added. Of course, this really depends on how long they want Smash 4 to last.
while some people were VERY pissed at how AE messed up the balance,don't forget they(mostly) fixed it with 2012. plus,Nintendo has shown they are making patches for their games now, so who's to say they couldn't do so for DLC characters?

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
No one has made fun of Primid? Hoo-friggin-rah! Slappin' him on my roster with Tingle...ANNNNNNDDDD...Impa! Diidy, let's form an alliance. You n' me forever.
No-homo.:cool:
Edit: Who the hell is Diidy? I meant Diddy.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
while some people were VERY pissed at how AE messed up the balance,don't forget they(mostly) fixed it with 2012. plus,Nintendo has shown they are making patches for their games now, so who's to say they couldn't do so for DLC characters?
Well, my argument was more about how I think characters shouldn't really be sold other than bundled with balance updates. I guess you could also add that balance patches should and must be free.

And lol at Nintendo taking well over a decade to catch up on this. I'm still baffled that to fix the Other M glitch, you had to send your stuff in.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
On DLC characters:

Unlike KOF XIII, and BBCS, I think characters should NOT be included separately.
I don't think a retail release containing new characters and DLC characters are really comparable. The only reason those characters came as a four-pack was because the only way to get them was by physical release.

I think if those four (Yun, Yang, Oni, and Evil Ryu) were offered as DLC to SF4 or SSF4 it would be closer to MK9 or MvC3, releasing characters separately.

Regardless, I believe releasing DLC characters individually is the more viable option. If I got any of these facts wrong, please tell me, because I know very little about these games compared to you, lol.

I just hope SSB4 doesn't come in three separate retail editions.

edit: lol I edit'd my edit. nvm

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
No one has made fun of Primid? Hoo-friggin-rah! Slappin' him on my roster with Tingle...ANNNNNNDDDD...Impa! Diidy, let's form an alliance. You n' me forever.
No-homo.:cool:
No homo? We have an orientation secure dude here. :cool:

SSB4 should come out with a Limited edition including exclusive characters and stages (with steelbook case). :awesome:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I don't think a retail release containing new characters and DLC characters are really comparable. The only reason those characters came as a four-pack was because the only way to get them was by physical release.

I think if those four (Yun, Yang, Oni, and Evil Ryu) were offered as DLC to SF4 or SSF4 it would be closer to MK9 or MvC3, releasing characters separately.

Regardless, I believe releasing DLC characters individually is the more viable option. If I got any of these facts wrong, please tell me, because I know very little about these games compared to you, lol.

I just hope SSB4 doesn't come in three separate retail editions.

edit: lol I edit'd my edit. nvm
AE was originally a DLC release. The physical release came out later on. Obviously, it was cheaper to buy the DLC than to buy the disc.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hypothetical time:
Let's say Yoshi was getting a Newcomer and you got to choose who it was. And to put an arbitrary limit, it can't be Kamek. :troll:
Who would you pick?
But... Kamek is everyone's first choice for that... He's awesome, even though you think he's dead for a few seconds in yoshi's island.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
AE was originally a DLC release. The physical release came out later on. Obviously, it was cheaper to buy the DLC than to buy the disc.
Oh ok, thanks for correcting me! I got scared away from SF long ago by Chun Li's thighs. ;D

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Well, I like to keep it fresh. But anyway, JK. Iwas kidding about Impa. Not the straight thing. Straight forever!!:066:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah Giga Bowser was a tough pill for me to swallow, but it's really only a FS, and I barely play as Bowser. I would have a problem if something like the Primid was its own playable character (and not just as a temporary FS), and while Toon Sheik wouldn't be this bad, I still wouldn't be much of a fan.
I just don't see any fundamental problem with any clones. As long as they're fun to play, it matters not. Also, Wario Man and Super Sonic say hi too. Super Sonic is a separate playable character in some Sonic games, including Sonic Advance 3.

And by no means do I have problems with clones (Roy and Falco were my mains in Melee), I fully expect clones to return in SSB4, and I usually embrace them if it means more characters.
...Then I can't see the problem with this. XD

I am fully aware of the irony that I don't like Smash original playable characters, and my main was Roy, a character whose debut was in Smash. I guess I'm a hypocrite :awesome:
Being a hypocrite isn't a good thing. Also, you can play as Master Hand in Melee using a glitch, as well as(separately) a Cheat Device. Tons of choices and all. Likewise, Giga Bowser is a completely separate character in there, same with Polygons. They all have playable movesets. Of course, they lack end screens, which is why they can't be playable in Tourneys.

Oh, and I'd like Lyn and several other lords too, but I'm aware they have barely any chance.
Besides Marth, there's really no special chance for anyone, though. There's no pattern or algorithm to it.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
@Golden: Your Yoshi newcomer needs no response, as the best choice in the first place is Shy Guy. Better than Kamek and the Baby Bros., plus he's appeared more.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Shy guy have more chances to become an assist trophy than a character...

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Shy Guy is by far the best generic character in the Mario/Yoshi series. Unfortunately that is just it, he is a generic character.

They need to make a Shy Guy series. I'm serious. With how unique and plentiful they are, Nintendo could have a field day with that. Just put them on the handheld. I'd buy.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Shy Guy is by far the best generic character in the Mario/Yoshi series. Unfortunately that is just it, he is a generic character.

They need to make a Shy Guy series. I'm serious. With how unique and plentiful they are, Nintendo could have a field day with that. Just put them on the handheld. I'd buy.
The Adventures of Shy Guy: Search for the General.

Only for Nintendo 3DS. :awesome:

PS: Yoshi says hi.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Wouldn't you say Toads are the best Generic Speicies? Or Yoshis?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I just don't see any fundamental problem with any clones. As long as they're fun to play, it matters not. Also, Wario Man and Super Sonic say hi too. Super Sonic is a separate playable character in some Sonic games, including Sonic Advance 3.

Being a hypocrite isn't a good thing. Also, you can play as Master Hand in Melee using a glitch, as well as(separately) a Cheat Device. Tons of choices and all. Likewise, Giga Bowser is a completely separate character in there, same with Polygons. They all have playable movesets. Of course, they lack end screens, which is why they can't be playable in Tourneys.
I think I presented my point poorly. Let me start again.

I don't have a problem with characters that originated in smash (i.e. Master Hand, Primid, Tabuu, Giga Bowser in Melee etc.), I just don't like it when they become playable (legitimately), and so far this has only happened to Giga Bowser, as Bowser's FS.

I don't have a problem playing as Wario Man or Super Sonic, because those characters did not originate from Smash. I know I'm being fickle about this, but it's mostly my preference (and I'm not trying to push my views on others, just share my opinions).

With Roy I was partly joking, because I knew he was designed for FE, not Smash, and that he wasn't created for the sole purpose of existing in Smash Bros.

Toon Sheik was created just to be a counterpart to normal Sheik for the sole purpose of being a playable character in Smash Bros. This is why I would choose to not play with her.

And I never complained about clones. I don't have any problem with them (as long as they don't make up the majority of the roster).

I think I rambled on a bit, but I hope I was a little more clear.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Only remembering that Shy Guy´s first appearance was in Super Mario Bros. 2,and not a Yoshi game.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Only remembering that Shy Guy´s first appearance was in Super Mario Bros. 2,and not a Yoshi game.
And then he never appeared as an enemy in a Mario game until 2 Paper Mario games. That's it. Guess where he started going? Yoshi games. Appeared in EVERY one.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Wouldn't you say Toads are the best Generic Speicies? Or Yoshis?
Nah, I like THE Yoshi, but generic Yoshis aren't that interesting to me. Shy Guys come in all shapes, types, and forms. They have much more of a personality as well than the generic Yoshis.

Plus the generic Toads.. seriously? :awesome:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I'm thinking of making a Shy Guy support group called, obviously, "The Shy Men Army" now. It'd have at least 4 people. :awesome:

Me, Disfunk, Smashbot(who said Shy Guy was his secret hope), and Holder here.

I probably will when I can.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Hey, hey, I'd only support him if either he got his own series or special role (other than generic appearances) in the Mario/Yoshi games.

But if he got in SSB4, I'd secretly be all giddy.
:awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom