• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

vicgur

Smash Ace
how would DLC and wi-fi battles get along? if i want to fight my long-lost friend in Zanzibar, but they haven't bought the new characters like i have, what then?
Have you ever played online PS3 games?

When there's a major game-changing DLC, everyone needs to have a quick update on the game in order to play online. You can't play online if you don't update the game.
So you can see the new characters, but won't play as them unless you buy them.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Just thinking about the Online Pass system just shows how bad gaming has become. :(

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think a good (if not completely similar) barometer would be to see how long Nintendo continues to support FE13 with DLC.

Although FE13 isn't going to sell nearly as well as SSB4, Nintendo's first real DLC-supported game is important for them to gauge the potential interest of future DLC.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Yeah, I think it's the actual character/DLC data that you download through those patches (or at least some placeholder data), too, it's just locked onto your system so that you can't actually use it until you buy it

Online Passes are ****ing stupid

:phone:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Does anyone remember the Nintendog scare during tge pre-Brawl trailer. Scared me out of my pants. "Nintendog? What can it do? Play fetch?" Thank God for Assist Trophies. Anyay, maybe we can actually have a Nintendog this time. Give it some moves relying on how you play with it in the actual game. Ya' know, frisbee, bone, or more. And when you change colors, you change it's breed. And as an alternate costume, Nintencat with diferent breeds as well. I don't know, but that'd be cool. So you can someone make a sig for that?:psycho:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I honestly don't think we are getting brand-new, never-before-playable characters through DLC... the best they might do is bring back the cut characters via DLC like Mewtwo, Roy, and possibly anyone else who might get the cut during the transition from Brawl to Smash 4 like Ike, Lucario, Toon Link, even Jigglypuff due to time constraints.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Does anyone remember the Nintendog scare during tge pre-Brawl trailer. Scared me out of my pants. "Nintendog? What can it do? Play fetch?" Thank God for Assist Trophies. Anyay, maybe we can actually have a Nintendog this time. Give it some moves relying on how you play with it in the actual game. Ya' know, frisbee, bone, or more. And when you change colors, you change it's breed. And as an alternate costume, Nintencat with diferent breeds as well. I don't know, but that'd be cool. So you can someone make a sig for that?:psycho:
O.O crazy...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I imagine any characters we get as DLC will be from the SSB4 equivalent of the Forbidden 7 (partially programmed). Plus any characters that don't make it back from Brawl would also probably show up as DLC, if only to calm the rage.

And if Mewtwo and Roy didn't show up in the game, I would imagine they would also be DLC
However, as Metal said:

Mewtwo? DLC?
**** that

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Really looking forward to all this DLC business.

If any new games come out with characers that should totally be in smash, they can just add em this time. Like damn. For example, Zoroark and victini coulda been released as DLC even though they were created after brawl.

Also ya know...
More character n ****. :3 Keeps the game fresh.

vicgur

Smash Ace
I totally agree DLC characters could be a good thing and stuff...

But I'd love to see lots of DLC stages, too.

I may sound crazy, but I think there should be more stages than characters. Like, one stage for each character + some characterless stages, like [i don't believe I'll mention it] Hannenbow.

Let's say Sm4sh gets 50 characters... It could/should/would have 60 stages.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I agree, I'd pay for some extra stages. *_* But... I don't want any like Hanenbow. e_e I hate that freaking stage. Smashville I think is a better example. XD

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Of the Forbidden 7, Mewtwo, Roy, and Dixie should be on-disc characters (not on-disc DLC).

Dr. Mario doesn't need any more than to be an alternate costume.

Toon Zelda and Plusle and Minun I wouldn't oppose to being DLC, although other characters are much better choices.

Toon Sheik? If it's Tetra, I guess that can be part of Toon Zelda's moveset (although I would prefer a Phantom Zelda moveset that involves the armor somehow).
If it's an original character? We don't need any of that.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Now that is waaaay too much 9gag. XD

Edit: My post number... I fear for my life. .____.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Nope, it was Toon Sheik, as it says on the data. That was the plan, plain and clear.

Mewtwo and Dixie should be the only ones that MUST be on-disc. The rest are fine as DLC.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Nope, it was Toon Sheik, as it says on the data. That was the plan, plain and clear.

Mewtwo and Dixie should be the only ones that MUST be on-disc. The rest are fine as DLC.
Well then I'm glad we didn't get that and I hope we never do.

You're right about Mewtwo and Dixie. I can go either way on Roy, I just hope his godly new appearance is in SSB4 in some form.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well then I'm glad we didn't get that and I hope we never do.
I'm the opposite. It's sad we didn't get the full list. Doesn't matter who is on it.

You're right about Mewtwo and Dixie. I can go either way on Roy, I just hope his godly new appearance is in SSB4 in some form.
For all we know, Ike could be dropped. It's why I don't see Roy as being an easy shoe-in, while the other two I could see right now.

Dr. Mario will only stay as his own character, and frankly, shouldn't be a costume either. It doesn't count whatsoever.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm the opposite. It's sad we didn't get the full list. Doesn't matter who is on it.
I guess a character is still a character, but I just really don't want any "original to Smash" characters as playable ones. Even if it is just a variation of an existing character.

For all we know, Ike could be dropped. It's why I don't see Roy as being an easy shoe-in, while the other two I could see right now.
I'm fairly neutral towards new FE reps. Marth is my favourite FE Lord and he's definitely going to be in, so I'll be happy either way. I just mained Roy in Melee and love his new appearance, so if he was back, I'd enjoy that. I really don't much care if we get either Ike or Krom, both or neither.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
All I care about is Starfy getting in. Anyone else is an added bonus to me. :laugh:

And am I the only one who wants Pichu back, but with a moveset based around his gimmick: discharging himself?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
All I care about is Starfy getting in. Anyone else is an added bonus to me. :laugh:

And am I the only one who wants Pichu back, but with a moveset based around his gimmick: discharging himself?
I think that Pichu could work if they made his gimmick being a reckless and self-damaging monster. Sort of like a glass cannon, but one who even hurts himself. A very high risk character. (And decloning him, or at least-Luigified)

But by this point, so many other Pokemon out prioritize him, I doubt we'll see him back.

edit: I am aware he did damage to himself in Melee

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I guess a character is still a character, but I just really don't want any "original to Smash" characters as playable ones. Even if it is just a variation of an existing character.
Giga Bowser says Hi and is playable. It's already been done, multiple times. Clones exist, it's just natural.

I'm fairly neutral towards new FE reps. Marth is my favourite FE Lord and he's definitely going to be in, so I'll be happy either way. I just mained Roy in Melee and love his new appearance, so if he was back, I'd enjoy that. I really don't much care if we get either Ike or Krom, both or neither.
I'd prefer Marth, Roy, and Hector/Lyn myself, really.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I think that Pichu could work if they made his gimmick being a reckless and self-damaging monster. Sort of like a glass cannon, but one who even hurts himself. A very high risk character. (And decloning him, or at least-Luigified)

But by this point, so many other Pokemon out prioritize him, I doubt we'll see him back.

edit: I am aware he did damage to himself in Melee
Well, you know... DLC... So...

Anyway, I randomly thought of an Up Special a long time ago.

Up Special: Thunder Jet- Pichu charges electricity and discharges himself into the air. The discharge itself delivers good damage, but getting hit by Pichu while he's moving into the air delivers relatively light damage. Useful for getting out of scraps.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord

Up Special: Thunder Jet- Pichu charges electricity and discharges himself into the air. The discharge itself delivers good damage, but getting hit by Pichu while he's moving into the air delivers relatively light damage. Useful for getting out of scraps.
Isn't it like diddy kong's?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Giga Bowser says Hi and is playable. It's already been done, multiple times. Clones exist, it's just natural.
Yeah Giga Bowser was a tough pill for me to swallow, but it's really only a FS, and I barely play as Bowser. I would have a problem if something like the Primid was its own playable character (and not just as a temporary FS), and while Toon Sheik wouldn't be this bad, I still wouldn't be much of a fan.

And by no means do I have problems with clones (Roy and Falco were my mains in Melee), I fully expect clones to return in SSB4, and I usually embrace them if it means more characters.

I am fully aware of the irony that I don't like Smash original playable characters, and my main was Roy, a character whos debut was in Smash. I guess I'm a hypocrite :awesome:

Oh, and I'd like Lyn and several other lords too, but I'm aware they have barely any chance.

I'd have no problem if Pichu was DLC, I just think that other Pokemon would even get the DLC spot first. Especially if Lucario didn't make it or the 6th gen came out (after SSB4 came out).

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Isn't it like diddy kong's?
Kind of, yes. However, Diddy's would do more damage than Pichu's the longer the character goes. Pichu's can't be charged to go farther, as well. Pichu hurts himself; you also want to hit a character with the initial discharge, so it's actually better used on the ground.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I would have a problem if something like the Primid was its own playable character (and not just as a temporary FS), and while Toon Sheik wouldn't be this bad, I still wouldn't be much of a fan.
Why? Primid would be awesome! Fire breath, boomerang, metal, giant power, scope, the whole ten yards. Though, he did mess up Smash Brothers...Aw, scre it, here's Primid's moveset:
Neutral B: Scope
Side B: Fire Breath
Up B: Auroros
Down B: Metal

I shall take the fun-making in stride.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
YES Poppy, I also want Pichu back in :cry:

I don't like to see anyone cut, clone or not. Almost anyone from 2nd gen I would love, really. Because Pichu was just so damn adorable in Melee :(

What you came up with Pichu is so boss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom