• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Baby Bros. all the way. Their appearance in M&L: PiT sold me on them.

I'd like to see them work like a tag team rather than an Ice Climbers deal. Each move has one unique function, not having both of them perform the same actions simultaneously.

I don't get why I see so much animosity toward this idea, either. I think the Baby Bros. are hilarious.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

I would personally at that point, if Kamek wasn't allowed pick Baby Bowser.

I mean, he's the main villain of the Yoshi series, and has been in more of them than Baby Mario or Kamek. (Yoshi's Story did not feature either).
While yes, he'd VERY likely be a Bowser clone/semi-clone (unlike Jr.), it makes no difference to me since he's representing another series.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Baby bowser is a good character,I know it,but I think Bowser Jr. is better...

EDIT: FUUUU I double posted again :mad:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'm going to keep it in spoilers just in case.
I gave Sharla four heals, a sleep, electric bullet, and metal bullet. I also gave Riki his Heal Breath or whatever it's called so he and Shulk can hold their own, while Sharla is the icing on the cake to ensure health never runs low. It also works great for chain healing. I gave Sharla her Metal Bullet so I can also rack lots of damage with a Break chain. All arts are level 5, and some of Shulks are level 7. It's working well for me :)
Hmm, I may try that when I get Riki back in my NG+. :D

As for Baby Bowser, you might as well just put in Jr. instead, they are the same thing except the latter has more appearances and move-set potential. Unfortunately the Yoshi series doesn't offer too much to the table, although I love me some Yoshi's Island.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm going to keep it in spoilers just in case.
I gave Sharla four heals, a sleep, electric bullet, and metal bullet. I also gave Riki his Heal Breath or whatever it's called so he and Shulk can hold their own, while Sharla is the icing on the cake to ensure health never runs low. It also works great for chain healing. I gave Sharla her Metal Bullet so I can also rack lots of damage with a Break chain. All arts are level 5, and some of Shulks are level 7. It's working well for me :)

@DiddyKong

Problem? :troll:
Yes. Cause in fact:

Impa is the one teaching you how to play the Goddess Harp. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LOKCXPtOOs

That being said, I completed the whole game. Zelda playing the Harp, Link getting it, and Sheik not being in the game only proves my point Sheik means jack **** to the Zelda series overall. Cause all she did was play the harp. :smirk:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think we can all agree Bowser Jr. is a better choice than Baby Bowser.
I think Baby Bowser was only being suggested as a hypothetical Yoshi rep other than Kamek, nobody was actually saying he would get in over Jr. (at least, I hope not)

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Someone once said if diddy talk about impa,he could talk about king boo the same way(wich is a better choice :troll:)
You can start.
AND sheik is the one teaching you the musics
Also,if there would be no sheik,zelda would have been caugh,immediatly...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I wanted to see rosalina get in but i don't know it would be cool to see daisy.
Daisy will still probably be relegated to an alternate colour of Peach (where she belongs). If model swaps are added, I could see Sakurai giving Peach a Rosalina-styled one.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I think Krystal will be in SSB4

She was planned to brawl too,but they cuted her.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't think Krystal was ever planned for Brawl. In fact, Sakurai didn't even know how popular she was until he was done selecting the roster.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I can't find the link right now that stated Sakurai was unaware of Krystal's popularity, so I guess until I find some proof, it could just be taken as a rumor.

But I've also never heard that Krystal was planned for Brawl, do you have a source?

edit: Oh, the VA thing. That was just because she did have a VA for the codecs on Lylat Cruise.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I thought so its been a long time since iv played brawl.:(..So duess this mean if she gets in will they have to cut some one?
Probably not, but 4 Starfox reps is a lot. I think that either she won't get in at all, or there will be 4 SF reps, I doubt Falco or Wolf will be cut.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Falco is here already since Meele.

Wolf joined in Brawl.
Wolf is the most likely to get out.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Someone once said if diddy talk about impa,he could talk about king boo the same way(wich is a better choice :troll:)
You can start.
AND sheik is the one teaching you the musics
Also,if there would be no sheik,zelda would have been caugh,immediatly...
Sheik = Zelda in different clothes with a different name, an alter ego to teach Link songs in a game released in 1998 and after that never appeared in a Zelda game again.

Also, Impa was the one teaching Zelda how to become Sheik. :smirk:

Hence her replacing Sheik would make perfect sense.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Falco is here already since Meele.

Wolf joined in Brawl.
Wolf is the most likely to get out.
Out of the three current SF reps, I agree, Wolf is most likely to get cut.

But overall I strongly doubt that either will be cut. Especially if it's just to add Krystal.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
I actually think that Daisy would be perfect for smash. Yes, she is very similar to Peach, but if they gave her a completely different design, like a tennis outfit, she has great potential of a unique moveset.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I actually think that Daisy would be perfect for smash. Yes, she is very similar to Peach, but if they gave her a completely different design, like a tennis outfit, she has great potential of a unique moveset.
I agree that Daisy could work well in Smash, but that could be said for a lot of characters that probably won't make it in. Right now I feel that Daisy is out-prioritized by Toad, Bowser Jr, Paper Mario, and even Waluigi for the Mario rep.

Although if her taunt was, "Hi, I'm Daisy!" I would main her for the sole purpose of spamming that.

D

Deleted member

Design doesn't make the moveset. -_-
Even if Daisy appeared in her soccer outfit, she could still be a Peach clone.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I have been checking to see if there has been any new discussion for Smash Bros. on Japanese forums/topics/blog entries in relation to FE13, and I have not seen much of anything. Heck, I saw little discussion when Uprising was released. I am kind of getting the feeling that the Japanese are not anticipating newcomers as much as we are, which might explain Sakurai's statement that Smash 4 will have less newcomers added than Brawl.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Design doesn't make the moveset. -_-
Even if Daisy appeared in her soccer outfit, she could still be a Peach clone.
Well she could be made unique, but I think Daisy fits very well in the "last-minute easy clone" category. Not that I think she's at all likely to actually appear anytime soon being playable.

I have been checking to see if there has been any new discussion for Smash Bros. on Japanese forums/topics/blog entries in relation to FE13, and I have not seen much of anything. Heck, I saw little discussion when Uprising was released. I am kind of getting the feeling that the Japanese are not anticipating newcomers as much as we are, which might explain Sakurai's statement that Smash 4 will have less newcomers added than Brawl.
If the Smash series continues, there will be a point where the number of new characters added will decline, and it might be with SSB4. I honestly don't mind if fewer characters are added, as long as the ones we do get are unique, fun to play as, and fairly wanted. I think that perfecting online and fixing some of the mechanics are truly more important at this point.

D

Deleted member

Wait, when exactly did Sakurai say there would be less Newcomers than Brawl?

I know he said he didn't want to focus soley on characters this time around, but that seems like a big jump.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Sheik = Zelda in different clothes with a different name, an alter ego to teach Link songs in a game released in 1998 and after that never appeared in a Zelda game again.

Also, Impa was the one teaching Zelda how to become Sheik. :smirk:

Hence her replacing Sheik would make perfect sense.

But sheik was supposed to be in twilight princess,he was cut,but the fact that he was supposed to come back mean he was wanted.
I can't find a thing to that,well played.
That wouldn't make sence,i know zelda has magic but i don't think she can transform into impa,and sheik makes sense,without any dress zelda can do things easily,but i doubt impa can stand on her hand or what,and sheik was in 2 games,it makes as much sense as replacing mario now.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Wait, when exactly did Sakurai say there would be less Newcomers than Brawl?

I know he said he didn't want to focus soley on characters this time around, but that seems like a big jump.
Shortly after Brawl's release Sakurai stated that if he was to work on another Smash, it would probably have fewer new characters than Brawl did.

I don't have a link, but I'll try to find one.

Then again, that was 4 years ago, it is possible his opinion has changed.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Looks like if Daisy got playable at SSB4,she will kill more ears than her already killed at Mario Kart wii.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It may be a little early for FE13 talk when we don't even know the full story yet, hasn't even been a week since release either. Based on what you and Toise have found, KI newcomers are seen as not likely to happen, although they do think Palutena has the best shot.

Newcomers in general seem to be less anticipated in comparison to both Melee and Brawl. I'm just guessing that the Japanese have higher expectations and less "Impas" than most of us. Not to mention when the most wanted characters are two veterans, that says a lot as well.

Which reminds me, I'd really like to see everyone's character pool sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom