• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
you know, I want a Megaman game where you can choose between Rock, Blues, and Bass.

Each with unique powers and abilities

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It's called Mega Man 10... and Mega Man and Bass Psycho! :laugh:

Also, Proto Man would be a great Assist Trophy character. Sometimes he would just have his theme play and stand there all cool. Most of the time, he would mess people up! :grin:

grizby2

Smash Lord
Some people get "it," but I get "that." So take "that!" :laugh:

Also, this video would be perfect if it was played before Smash Wii U was announced. :bee:
it'd be so great to kick *** to megaman music.
it sure beats smashing to mother 3 love theme (hurts to say that..), or Environmental Noises for that matter.. :glare: it seems that more than half of brawl's soundtrack is not some type of battle theme (its understandable for some stages though) , which for a fighting game, is kind of dissapointing IMO.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
it'd be so great to kick *** to megaman music.
it sure beats smashing to mother 3 love theme (hurts to say that..), or Environmental Noises for that matter.. :glare: it seems that more than half of brawl's soundtrack is not some type of battle theme (its understandable for some stages though) , which for a fighting game, is kind of dissapointing IMO.
I like the environmental and ambient music such as the Mother 3 Love Theme. However, Mother had some great battle music not used in smash (New Age Retro Hippie Battle!). :ness:

Still, it's great to have diversity. And Mega Man has the kind of "action" platform music that the series could really use. :shades:

Oh, and that awesome blue guy would be a great playable character. ;)

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Not only Mother,but Pokemon series too.

They all have great not used musics.

D

Deleted member

I think that red girl is better. The one with the long hair and green boobs? :troll:

So, who's planning to be here after SSB4 gets unveiled? Personally, I'm gonna avoid this place when that happens.

EDIT: And ign.
I changed my mind when I said, "I'll be back when SSB 4 is finally unveiled". If it is then well I'd rather get dead nervous then face a horde of hype.
There's only one omega...we only need one
Derp
Shulk 4 smash
I'm part of the party now
----
Favor for all of you guys.

Stop posting so fast. This place is becoming more than a spam thread

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
May the odds be ever in our fa-- *gets an arrow through the hand and tossed to a bunch of mutated beasts*

Peeta for SSB4.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I changed my mind when I said, "I'll be back when SSB 4 is finally unveiled". If it is then well I'd rather get dead nervous then face a horde of hype.
Not to mention that SSB4 being unveiled will also generate a flood of new users pushing for totally unrealistic and terrible characters.

That's whats kept me away from lurking these forums after the Brawl trailer. lol

Although I guess I really shouldnt be complaining about new people considering I have a grand total of 4 posts. :p

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Not only Mother,but Pokemon series too.

They all have great not used musics.
Eh, but the MOTHER series had like two songs that had two versions of them. While it wasn't "low" on music quality and quantity like Metroid, it lacked a true "fighting" song.

As for Metroid, it just lacked everything. The Ridley theme remix was excellent. The Sector 1 Remix from Metroid Fusion was good. The remix of Samus' theme from Super Metroid was lackluster (although the song is great).

All the other songs were imports, most of them forgettable. The only real imports that I remember are the Meta Ridley theme and the Metroid Prime title screen theme.

Literally they skipped over the Lower Norfair theme (which would be perfect for the Norfair stage; because it's the ACTUAL THEME OF THE AREA DANG IT!!!), :mad: the Magmoor Caverns theme from Metroid Prime (which is a remix of the previous song), the Phendra Drifts theme (it sounds so peaceful), the Space Pirates battle theme (perfect for an intense battle), the Omega Pirate boss battle theme (friggen hard boss on hard mode!), and the Phazon Mines theme (it's a perfect environmental/battle music combination).

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I... Missed... the 100000th post? Darn you, john. :urg:

:awesome:

But naww, I'm hoping i'll have enough money to get SSB4 when it first comes out... >.>

Gotta get a job weeeeee!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
At least Smash Wii U won't cost $77 plus another $77 in DLC like Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 4: Extreme Combat 4 will! Heck, the Wii U might cost less than that! :laugh:

Edit: Anyways, I'm out.

~His Knightliness Himself~,
-Johnknight1!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Basic sketches of day one's character:

[COLLAPSE="Dixie"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Basic sketch of day two's character:
[COLLAPSE="King K. Rool"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Im going to look for a nice pen to go over these with. ATM, my good one JUST DIED, so >.<

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Basic sketches of day one's character:

[COLLAPSE="Dixie"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Basic sketch of day two's character:
[COLLAPSE="King K. Rool"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Im going to look for a nice pen to go over these with. ATM, my good one JUST DIED, so >.<
I really like the Dixie one! Doesn't K. Rool's cape go above his arms though?

...although I guess that would look kinda strange on Kirby :embarrass:

grizby2

Smash Lord
Not to mention that SSB4 being unveiled will also generate a flood of new users pushing for totally unrealistic and terrible characters.

That's whats kept me away from lurking these forums after the Brawl trailer. lol

Although I guess I really shouldnt be complaining about new people considering I have a grand total of 4 posts. :p
i think it will be different this time around.
when melee came out, pretty much everyone agreed it was better than smash for 64.
but when brawl came out, there was a nice portion of people who stayed with melee.
this was mainly due to the different game mechanics each game had to offer. some felt brawl was more playable than melee and vise versa.
its definately possible that new users would push for terrible characters when the unveiling happens (no doubt), but personally , i think the melee/brawl veterans have the biggest reasons to run their mouths here. :troll: imo they have a bigger voice.

i guess what im trying to say here is: game mechanics are more important to me than new characters. if tingle gets in ( ...) then so be it, but if the game doesn't "feel" like smash bros (or worse, unplayable), what then?

i'll be here after the unveiling, just for the fun of it.;)

D

Deleted member

I rememeber there was something about Leon S. Kennedy being a more rumored character than Mega Man in the pre-Brawl days. Can someone explain?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I really like the Dixie one! Doesn't K. Rool's cape go above his arms though?

...although I guess that would look kinda strange on Kirby :embarrass:
I thought the same thing. It would look weird. But, meh. If I ever feel the need to draw it again, I will.

I rememeber there was something about Leon S. Kennedy being a more rumored character than Mega Man in the pre-Brawl days. Can someone explain?
Voice actor stuff? I know people thought Krystal was in because her actor was listed.... doing ZSS and Krystal's voice... for the codecs

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
i think it will be different this time around.
when melee came out, pretty much everyone agreed it was better than smash for 64.
but when brawl came out, there was a nice portion of people who stayed with melee.
this was mainly due to the different game mechanics each game had to offer. some felt brawl was more playable than melee and vise versa.
its definately possible that new users would push for terrible characters when the unveiling happens (no doubt), but personally , i think the melee/brawl veterans have the biggest reasons to run their mouths here. :troll: imo they have a bigger voice.

i guess what im trying to say here is: game mechanics are more important to me than new characters. if tingle gets in ( ...) then so be it, but if the game doesn't "feel" like smash bros (or worse, unplayable), what then?

i'll be here after the unveiling, just for the fun of it.;)
I agree that at this point game mechanics are more important to debate about (as pretty much all the "necessary" characters are in by now...almost), and that the veteran users should and do have bigger voices, as by and large they are more intelligible, but I still shudder when I think of all the new users that will arrive only to suggest ludicrous characters and complain about exactly what they didn't like about whatever new information we manage to get at E3.

And I'll be definitely be here after the unveiling, if only to watch the ****storm that will accompany any new news. If the server doesn't completely break. :awesome:

I think this was because there was a voice actor listed for Leon on IMDB for some reason. I guess people forgot that IMDB is far from credible on this kinda stuff. There was also a VA listed for Geno (and Krystal)

D

Deleted member

I did a little research on that. Seems people forget that Kazuya from Tekken was also listed there. :laugh:

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Asage waiting for an answer since (for me)13:03 to 13:49...

Well i don't know :troll:
(i just edited cuz i just realized there is a problem with the site's clock for me)

and i just though of the cape thing for kirby,i think it fit if it's over his "shoulders"
it also made me think that hats in smash aren't so full of things from the character,but instead of telling you to take out the cape,you should try to make some of the old hats better,with more elements if they need it,like peach hat with the hair!

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Wait,i just realized it's "Palutena",i though it was "Paletuna"...

By the way,golden,you can still hope,there will probably be alt.,and i don't think it was prime samus in brawl,right?he may uses another design,even if he uses the fugly one,alts.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
He's already in my team :awesome: He would blow Meta Knight out of the water :troll:
He is such a fun character! He'd be top tier in Xenoblade if it weren't for the fact that his best card is his debuffs and large powerful enemies tend to have resistances and there is no way to fight those. You can put Debuff gems on him, but that only lengthens the duration of those who don't resist them. His Topple spell also isn't particularly good because it only topples half the time, whereas there are several characters that can do it more reliably. (toppling is literally like the best thing because enemies can't do anything, even dodge when they are toppled, no matter their level, so high tier teams generally try to topple-lock).

BUT that doesn't change that in every other situation he performs very well and that he isn't ridiculously awesome in cut-scenes. I love when fighting a large group of enemies he uses Sleepy Time and makes all of them fall asleep so you can gang up on each enemy at a time, then his move set lets him poison, burn, chill, paralyze, and bleed (and either topple or bind) each target one by one. WINNING!

He also has Riki is Angry that has a huge cool down but if he is being focused he can used it to deal 8 times any art damage dealt to him. He doesn't have much armor and a TON of health, so arts can deal him a ton of damage. With RiA on, multiply it by 8, and deal it to the enemy. Profit. :troll:

Another good thing about Riki is that he can fulfill a bunch of roles in your team. He can heal, support, DPS, and kinda sorta tank because of his ridiculously high health.

P.S. When you fight with Riki, Reyn, and Shulk, Riki says, "Sidekick do good!" And Reyn goes, "What? Who're you calling sidekick?" "No see anyone else... must be you." "Why you big furry volleyball... I'm gonna.." Then Shulk laughs and goes, "Reyn, you're such an easy target!" Just one of the fun banter the characters have while battling. Love when Reyn also goes, "Sharla! Did you see? Did you see what I did?!" "Well uh... I wasn't really looking." XD Paraphrasing of course.

yani

Smash Lord
He is such a fun character! He'd be top tier in Xenoblade if it weren't for the fact that his best card is his debuffs and large powerful enemies tend to have resistances and there is no way to fight those. You can put Debuff gems on him, but that only lengthens the duration of those who don't resist them. His Topple spell also isn't particularly good because it only topples half the time, whereas there are several characters that can do it more reliably. (toppling is literally like the best thing because enemies can't do anything, even dodge when they are toppled, no matter their level, so high tier teams generally try to topple-lock).

BUT that doesn't change that in every other situation he performs very well and that he isn't ridiculously awesome in cut-scenes. I love when fighting a large group of enemies he uses Sleepy Time and makes all of them fall asleep so you can gang up on each enemy at a time, then his move set lets him poison, burn, chill, paralyze, and bleed (and either topple or bind) each target one by one. WINNING!

He also has Riki is Angry that has a huge cool down but if he is being focused he can used it to deal 8 times any art damage dealt to him. He doesn't have much armor and a TON of health, so arts can deal him a ton of damage. With RiA on, multiply it by 8, and deal it to the enemy. Profit. :troll:

Another good thing about Riki is that he can fulfill a bunch of roles in your team. He can heal, support, DPS, and kinda sorta tank because of his ridiculously high health.

P.S. When you fight with Riki, Reyn, and Shulk, Riki says, "Sidekick do good!" And Reyn goes, "What? Who're you calling sidekick?" "No see anyone else... must be you." "Why you big furry volleyball... I'm gonna.." Then Shulk laughs and goes, "Reyn, you're such an easy target!" Just one of the fun banter the characters have while battling. Love when Reyn also goes, "Sharla! Did you see? Did you see what I did?!" "Well uh... I wasn't really looking." XD Paraphrasing of course.
Roly Poly keep on rolling! Yeah I wish his Topple was better. I use him as the sort of tanker :laugh:. My party is Shulk,Riki,Sharla. I haven't used Reyn since I got Riki, but I'll be sure to switch him in to hear the dialogue :smirk:

Riki as an AT: He uses Roly Poly and Tantrum with a farewell Happy Dance :awesome:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Roly Poly keep on rolling! Yeah I wish his Topple was better. I use him as the sort of tanker :laugh:. My party is Shulk,Riki,Sharla. I haven't used Reyn since I got Riki, but I'll be sure to switch him in to hear the dialogue :smirk:
Shulk, Riki, Sharla, interesting. How do you build the three? :D And Reyn isn't too good with his moves so much, it is just that he can take so much damage and has a bunch of taunt-like moves. He doesn't do much damage and misses at times, but he does have that one topple that works if the enemy has a break which Shulk can do pretty easy.

Also forgot that Riki can steal items, sometimes EXP and AP even. :awesome: What a fun character.

Riki as an AT: He uses Roly Poly and Tantrum with a farewell Happy Dance :awesome:
My thoughts exactly!

yani

Smash Lord
Shulk, Riki, Sharla, interesting. How do you build the three? :D And Reyn isn't too good with his moves so much, it is just that he can take so much damage and has a bunch of taunt-like moves. He doesn't do much damage and misses at times, but he does have that one topple that works if the enemy has a break which Shulk can do pretty easy.
I'm going to keep it in spoilers just in case.
I gave Sharla four heals, a sleep, electric bullet, and metal bullet. I also gave Riki his Heal Breath or whatever it's called so he and Shulk can hold their own, while Sharla is the icing on the cake to ensure health never runs low. It also works great for chain healing. I gave Sharla her Metal Bullet so I can also rack lots of damage with a Break chain. All arts are level 5, and some of Shulks are level 7. It's working well for me :)

@DiddyKong

Problem? :troll:

D

Deleted member

Hypothetical time:
Let's say Yoshi was getting a Newcomer and you got to choose who it was. And to put an arbitrary limit, it can't be Kamek. :troll:
Who would you pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom