• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Retro Studios got sequels right with Metroid Prime. It had a Rare and 2D Metroid-esk environmental music (here's an excellent song from the original Metroid Prime), an excellent and brand new transition of the franchise, an engaging and detailed story-telling method, and the graphics I think were the best 3D graphics of all-time.

Not based on frames the graphics were the best of course (graphics keep improving) but in terms of how they were used and how diverse the graphics and everything was. Metroid Prime took Metal Gear Solid 2-esk realism, the scary feel of Super Metroid, and the science fiction universe of Metroid and made a masterpiece graphically.

Speaking of which, I think Smash could use a bit of Metroid Prime (trilogy) in the single-player. That and Super Metroid (maybe Fusion and Zero Mission, too). There are too many GODLY areas, locations, enemies, environments, etc in those games not to be included in the single-player.

Edit: Imagining Super Metroid and Metroid Prime locations in super 1080p Wii U graphics in Smash Wii U might make my brain explode, especially with classic Metroid tunes and enemies, and especially if I'm playing through it as Dixie Kong! :shades:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Dang, we're only 32 posts off the big 100,000! o.O

That is a lot of posts pushing for X character or Y character. "XY character" is what could describe 99.99% of the posters in this thread! :laugh:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Don't let these hoes get to you, Seph :smirk:

And John, totally agree with you. I really loved how atmospheric Metroid Prime was, and I feel like it's a perfect example of how well-done graphics, contrary to popular belief, can be beneficial to the overall experience

:phone:

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Dang, I've been keeping track of FE13 stuff and it seems that the
entire continuity of the FE series may actually take place in the same world unlike what was previously thought.
Also turns out that the
big dragon god, Naga, is actually a she and not a he as the games have previously referred to. She may even be recruitable (hasn't been confirmed yet). That and FE13 takes place around 1900 years after FE3.

Mostly just spoilers for FE nerds, but they're quite surprising IMO. It all certainly explains the appearances of previous characters in the series as DLC.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
day/night themes are a great idea, but i don't think that the music that plays should depend on the wiiU clock.

if its one thing that bothered me about brawl, it was that the KK Slider songs were only heared on saturdays from 8 pm to midnight.
even though it kept true to Animal crossing's "rule book," it still felt like torture to have to wait an ENTIRE WEEK to listen to the song again, and that every other song was togglable EXCEPT the kk slider themes. even costum stages couldn't have them...:(

but yeah, i like the day and night option. maybe we would hold "R" trigger to activate the night time scenerios when picking the stage?
Actually, I think that would be more convenient.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Dang, I've been keeping track of FE13 stuff and it seems that the
entire continuity of the FE series may actually take place in the same world unlike what was previously thought.
Also turns out that the
big dragon god, Naga, is actually a she and not a he as the games have previously referred to. She may even be recruitable (hasn't been confirmed yet). That and FE13 takes place around 1900 years after FE3.

Mostly just spoilers for FE nerds, but they're quite surprising IMO. It all certainly explains the appearances of previous characters in the series as DLC.
The first part about
how the world in Fire Emblem may be the same world
does not surprise me. That would explain
why the continents aren't that big compared to the world in Fire Emblem. Most of the Fire Emblem continents look not much bigger than Japan, and quite frankly this explains some similarities in the games.

The second part
about Naga being possibly playable and possibly a male
does.

@ Metal
The graphics of Metroid Prime do help tell the story, along with the music, the perspective, the setting, the different environments, and the enemies. All of this is brewed into an excellent "feel" for the game and each area that created a completely unique experience. More 3D and HD games ought to look at the model Metroid Prime created.

Edit: KK Slider should play every evening (4 to 12 PM) on Smashville. That would be way cooler. :grin:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Finished drawing a Viridi Kirby hat, and went over it in pen so you could all see it better... well it's ruined >:

I'll take suggestions though. I think Imma start a Kirby hat database in the SSB4DG.

[COLLAPSE="Some older hats"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
NOOOO!!!leave some place,young horsetail can't pray his lord :troll:
Happy false birthday again young :troll:

Good drawing,i can't wait for moar of them!
To make everyone post faster,last to post here can take my soul!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Make a K. Rool hat...it would probably have just the crown and a cape, since it would be too hard to alter Kirby's eyes.

Posting on 6666 is monumental for a guy with my username.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The first part about
how the world in Fire Emblem may be the same world
does not surprise me. That would explain
why the continents aren't that big compared to the world in Fire Emblem. Most of the Fire Emblem continents look not much bigger than Japan, and quite frankly this explains some similarities in the games.

The second part
about Naga being possibly playable and possibly a male
does.
Maybe it's because I've been playing FE for too long that that surprises me, as it's never been really hinted at. Would make the DLC characters somewhat canon though. Here's the pic.

I think you mean female. Ironically this part didn't surprise me, as Naga was mentioned in FE4 as having disguised "himself" as a maiden and Nagi in FE11/12.
Here's a pic, it's hidden in one of the spoiler boxes.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Maybe it's because I've been playing FE for too long that that surprises me, as it's never been really hinted at. Would make the DLC characters somewhat canon though. Here's the pic.

I think you mean female. Ironically this part didn't surprise me, as Naga was mentioned in FE4 as having disguised "himself" as a maiden and Nagi in FE11/12.
Here's a pic, it's hidden in one of the spoiler boxes.
Yeah that looks like a dead give away in that 1st photo
that all the continents are on the same planet. That globe is a dead giveaway! Maybe it will cause major hype for what the next step is in the series.
Regardless, all the added details to Fire Emblem 13 (such as that) which add to the series make me really hyped for this game. Dang it, I need to get a 3DS now! :laugh:

Also, yeah I did get that bit mixed up
on Naga. Naga's always seemed to me to be a bit ambiguous (moreso than other feminine males or masculine females in the series), and I thought it was by design. It seems now there definitely was a purpose for it to be that way.

@ Metal Overlord
I am innocent. All I did was drown 10 dead babies before they were dead! :rotfl: :joyful: :rotfl:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
DANG IT! I WANT TO BE ABLE TO SEE THE VEINS INSIDE THE VEINS INSIDE THE VEINS IN K. ROOL'S BAD EYE!

/caps

Also, I want to be able to see every smudgy detail of places like Hyrule Castle, Mushroom Kingdom, and Donkey Kong Island in STUNNING MIND-BLOWING HD that makes this generation of gaming's graphics LOOK OLD!

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Yeah that looks like a dead give away in that 1st photo
that all the continents are on the same planet. That globe is a dead giveaway! Maybe it will cause major hype for what the next step is in the series.
Regardless, all the added details to Fire Emblem 13 (such as that) which add to the series make me really hyped for this game. Dang it, I need to get a 3DS now! :laugh:

Also, yeah I did get that bit mixed up
on Naga. Naga's always seemed to me to be a bit ambiguous (moreso than other feminine males or masculine females in the series), and I thought it was by design.
Well here's hoping to seeing
her playable. It'd be hilarious if you could marry her and have super kids. lol

Still this proves the FE All Stars theory that was previously speculated. I wonder how Sakurai will handle FE13 in that reguard then.

@Kuma: Pretty sure she's safe. The canon of the older games is confusing.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well here's hoping to seeing
her playable. It'd be hilarious if you could marry her and have super kids. lol

Still this proves the FE All Stars theory that was previously speculated. I wonder how Sakurai will handle FE13 in that reguard then.

@Kuma: Pretty sure she's safe. The canon of the older games is confusing.
It'd be funny if
Naga could marry Roy (who may be part dragon, depending on the ending of The Blazing Sword).
That would blow my mind!

Also, let's hope this game continues to become Fire Emblem All-Stars. And dang it, let's hope Ike and Miciah look better than they did in those awful screenshots, especially Ike.

Anyways, I think this "All-Star" DLC confirmed that Ike, Roy, and Leaf are pretty much the traditional "Big Three" after Marth. Something tells me Krom will be up there with them for a long time because of this game (that is looking AMAZING!).

Honestly at this point if Roy doesn't make it because Krom makes it over him, I wouldn't be too upset. This game looks too good to hate. :bee:

@ Dark
"Now you're playing with POWER!!!" Also, I have seen that video a trillion times, and totally saw that coming! :joyful:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@K.Rool pic: That's pretty good. Is it based off his Brawl trophy?

@FEstuff: Ironically FE wiki did a major overhall of
Nagas page to make it her and not him.
Just look at the page's history. lol

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Well, that was anticlimate, lol we're already on the next page

Oh, and dat K. Rool! He and Ridley and Samurai Goroh really need to get in Smash, goddammit

:phone:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Victory! Post number one hundred thousand on the thread!!! :d

100,00th post! YESSS!!!

Now I got that and the 69,000th post!

TAKE THAT OMEGA! I GOT SOMETHING YOU DON'T HAVE MY FELLOW SMASH BRO-MERICAN!!!

:p

I now must honor thy great potential newcomers that need to be in Super Smash Bros. Wii U!
[COLLAPSE="Character #5"]

Isaac, the main character of Golden Sun, and the icon of the franchise. Click here for his awesome battle music theme![/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Character #4"]

Dixie Kong. Without Diddy Kong as a partner of course! Here is her theme, of course![/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Character #3"]

King K. Rool, also known as Kaptain K. Rool, Baron K. Roolenstein, and just K. Rool.

Click here for his DKC1 fight theme, click here for his DKC2 fight theme, click here for his DKC3 fight theme, and click here for his DK64 fight theme.
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Character #2"]

Ridley, the Ultimate Rival of Samus, Murderer of Samus' Parents, and Leader of the Evil Space Pirates.

click here for a super awesome orchestrated version of Ridley's theme, and click here for the epic title screen theme of Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Character #1"]

The one and only Blue Bomber himself, the classic and original MEGA MAN!!!

If the Mega Man 2 intro, the Mega Man 3 intro, or the Mega Man 8 intro video does not make you want Mega Man in Smash, nothing will.[/COLLAPSE]
I guess overall I get to give the "SUPER AWESOME AWARD" to myself. Here it is! :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom