• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
No,i mean you're saying you posted 100 000?because i read you posted 6 380...
i'w jnzt coufnsad
I posted the 69,000th post. 69 being the joke number in question. ;P
I got the 99,999th post :shades:

Omega needs to hightail it (lol "hightail") on back here. He said he'd be here last February, lyin' ***
Well you and I both made history on this thread. Getting the quintuple 9's ain't bad bro! ;)

Still, Omega has come back a few times since "disappearing" but he needs to come back for good this summer. He does not, however, need to post 9,000+ more posts in this thread! :laugh:

Just thinking about how nearly 10% of the posts on this thread are from him alone is mind-blowing!

@ Lukinhasss
I give somebody the "SUPER AWESOME AWARD" and the "Smash World" for an excellent post or posts.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
What about his ******** nephew from Starfox Assault?

Nope. By GameFAQs fanboy logic (which is never wrong), everyone is too small and too big for smash. Give it up.

Also, I've wanted that 100,000th post on this thread since it opened. The same went for the 69,000th post. And I GOT BOTH OF EM! :awesome:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I love the interview with Sakurai when the interviewer asked about Ridley having been rumored to be in Brawl and whether he was actually considered. Instead of saying he is too big, he goes

Sakurai: That would be impossible. He's too slow. (Laughs)

D

Deleted member

I love the interview with Sakurai when the interviewer asked about Ridley having been rumored to be in Brawl and whether he was actually considered. Instead of saying he is too big, he goes

Sakurai: That would be impossible. He's too slow. (Laughs)
It was more like "It would be impossible, though I guess if best efforts were given, he could work, but he'd be a little slow. Would that be ok?"

So pretty much what he's saying is that Ridley (if playable) would be on the slow side, which is what is not usually seen in the Metroid series.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Metal Overlord of the Iron Underworld
It's because Samus owns Ridley in Metroid constantly. Plus Samus is the worst character in Smash 64 and is a low tier character in Brawl.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
For some reason, I can't imagine Ridley being anything other than low-tier, lol
That makes sense,he will have a lot of hitbox,and will be probably slow like Bowser,but with a good air game.

He can became a weight and slow nerfed Meta Knight :awesome:

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Ridley will be at the bottom of middle tier. His strong kill moves in addition to his great air game will be weakened by his general lack of quick gtfo moves, terrible out of shield options and general lack of vertical spacing options. And of course his hurt boxes will take up pretty much the whole screen :troll:. IMO

VVV thanks. Huey is probably my favorite because he reminds me the most of me minus the whole samurai thing and the R. Kelly hate. =P
:phone:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Haha, that actually makes a LOT of sense, y'all (Lukin, disFAWNK, and John)

Speaking of which, nice avi, disfunk, I always slightly preferred Huey to Riley

@Golden- Lol, that reminds me, I remember someone on here saying a while back that Ghirahim wold be a Yoshi clone :laugh:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
HA, John mimic me? Anyways,

What they need to do is for battlefield is to make it's background reflect the time of day and season your part of the world is experiencing.

We out.

D

Deleted member

Well, at least we know how he'd stand, if this picture shows anything:

Though I wish his Brawl/Melee/Super Metroid Artwork appearance would be the one Sakurai uses, not the fugly Other M one...

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
It was more like "It would be impossible, though I guess if best efforts were given, he could work, but he'd be a little slow. Would that be ok?"

So pretty much what he's saying is that Ridley (if playable) would be on the slow side, which is what is not usually seen in the Metroid series.
True, I just remember finding it hilarious that he said something entirely different than size. I suppose the way he puts it at the end of that response can be somewhat uplifting for his fanbase.

He would certainly have to be slow, unless he "runs" like how Bowser does, which would look even weirder. Seriously... Bowser's run.. I hate looking at it. King K. Rool would be even worse than those two combined, he would have to run normally and like an ice berg for it to look acceptable because he is more awkwardly shaped than Bowser.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Why I think I am the only person here who don´t support Ridley?

D

Deleted member

Has he even ran bef-
*remembers DKC*
Never mind.

But...that croc n***a runs FAST.....
Could you just imagine a fat aligator running as fast as Captain Falcon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom