• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Though if he's looking specifically at the older Brawl popularity, wouldn't that pretty much kill K. Rool? I don't remember him being all too popular of a choice back then.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Though if he's looking specifically at the older Brawl popularity, wouldn't that pretty much kill K. Rool? I don't remember him being all too popular of a choice back then.
Im pretty sure he was decently popular. Iunno about him being added though. Im and Ridely give me bad feelings. I have a gut feeling they may not get in. Just a gut feeling though.

Anyways, if the rumor is true, Geno will be in Smash4, I promise. IF ITS TRUE THAT IS.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Zelda OoT speedruns were exciting to me years ago, these insane glitches only make it less amusing imo...
but I must say when I saw that video I was amazed, but how the flying **** did they found that stuff out?!
I kinda agree. However, there are multiple speed runs for each such game based on whether or not users use such glitches. Some are pretty awesome, some are really lame.
Geno's appearance was just a cameo. He hasn't appeared in a game with a major role since SMRPG. It's kind of like Arthur appearing in Namco X Capcom and his next appearance wasn't until MvC3.
Yes, but does this person consider remakes and appearing in non-sequel games the same as not appearing. Really, we don't know what the source considers an "appearance" or not. It is completely vague on all levels.

If we knew the source, and we knew whether or not the source did or didn't consider remakes, re-releases, cameos, being playable in an unrelated title in the series, showing up in spin-off games, and being in non-series as an "appearance" or not, then this issue would clearly have a short list and defined terms. Instead, we have vaguely listed terms, and this sounds like it could be fake. If it was specific, we could get to the point. Also, we don't know if this person knows of each specific character's every specific appearance. There have been hundreds of Square Enix games. There is no way a single person can remember exactly every character's role or whether they appeared in X game or not for every game Square Enix has ever made.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I'm sure he won't JUST look at that, because then characters like Starfy, who came overseas AFTER Brawl, so nobody overseas knew him all that well.

So he probably won't look at Pre-Brawl popularity only.

D

Deleted member

Im pretty sure he was decently popular. Iunno about him being added though. Im and Ridely give me bad feelings. I have a gut feeling they may not get in. Just a gut feeling though.

Anyways, if the rumor is true, Geno will be in Smash4, I promise. IF ITS TRUE THAT IS.
I was going to make a reference to "gut" feeling with K. Rool, but then I figured a better joke.

Shortie is racist against scales confirmed :troll:
Furries hate Scalies. :troll: :troll:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I was going to make a reference to "gut" feeling with K. Rool, but then I figured a better joke.

Shortie is racist against scales confirmed :troll:
Furries hate Scalies. :troll: :troll:
Im not a furry, and I said, it's just a gut feeling.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Seems we're all jumping the gun on another rumor. What is this, the third day in a row that this has happened? lol

My only questions are, is there a link and has this appeared on any other site other than GoNintendo?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Then SMRPG doesn't count either because of Virtual Console.
Geno appeared in Mario & Luigi: SuperStar Saga. That's the one I counted only. And that was... nearly 10 years ago?

Honestly, nobody knows. Most of the old characters have been rereleased at some point.
Re-releasing the rom doesn't count here. A remake or re-release as an actual cartridge/disc... definitely counts as recent, atleast to me.

For example, Aganhim is about as recent as the GBA remake of A Link to the Past. In addition, the Zelda DS game that was rumored... is not Majora's Mask. :| He's thinking about remaking ALttP(again) or something in a similar style.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Shorts
K. Rool's was moderately popular. He wasn't overly popular, and was pretty overlooked. He was pretty popular in Japan, whereas outside of Japan more support went to Dixie Kong after Diddy Kong was confirmed. Before Diddy Kong was confirmed, though, the only other character that ever got mentioned much from the Donkey Kong franchise were Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, and a Dixie-Diddy tag team.

K. Rool I noticed did gain popularity as Brawl's release approached. After Brawl, a lot of people (myself included) wondered why we skipped over him so much. I think that's where a lot of this current wave of K. Rool support originates from.

@ Triple Dash
The other rumors... were concrete news mostly. The rumors came attached with it. They also weren't "game changers" like this could be. Literally anything that could potential decide a character in smash is a game changer.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah Diddy Kong was a lightning rod before his confirmation. Everyone with a brain knew Diddy Kong was in. The question was if Dixie would team with him, or if there would be another character.

Plus there was a lot of clashing between Dixie and K. Rool fans. I found it odd that for some reason, most of the people clashing were Europeans though.

But now it seems there is no clashing. Fans of one tend to be a fan of the other. Although nearly everyone prefers one of them over the other, most of them want both characters in the next smash bros. And who can blame them=??? They are great characters with a lot of potential to add quite a bit to the Smash series.

@ Golden
You're taking out my joke-making talents on Shorts, eh=??? I guess that means I'm the top dog. :p

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@ Triple Dash
The other rumors... were concrete news mostly. The rumors came attached with it. They also weren't "game changers" like this could be. Literally anything that could potential decide a character in smash is a game changer.
I guess. Still something just doesn't add up with this rumor. "Probably all the Geno mentions." :troll:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Dixie'll probably get considered before K. Rool again (though they should both get in)
Or Sakurai will finish her data. She's already among the likely newcomers.

Actually, for good choices for newcomers/returners... The Forbidden 7 gets revealed. For fun, Mewtwo is the only one not shown due to Plusle & Minun being seen.

Only since Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik is a combo character and would be consider one full newcomer, if they only show 5.

Or just show all 6(7) at once.

Here's hoping we can play as a boss again somehow. Like we could play Giga Bowser. Honestly, just a Boss mode itself would work. XD

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I guess. Still something just doesn't add up with this rumor. "Probably all the Geno mentions." :troll:
I know. This rumor tastes fake. If it gave more detail, maybe it would "add up." However, the source may try to keep their job by keeping this a secret with as minimal approach as possible. You gotta take multiple approaches to see how this thing could be real or not, and what it could mean. That's what I'm trying to figure out right now.

If it is smash bros, regardless if it adds up to a playable character or not, this will be mind-blowing and possibly earth shattering.

Plus I expect this to make the Geno fan base stronger. Even if this is for something else not related to Super Mario RPG, some of the "noise" that comes along with this could force many Geno fans to come out of the wood works (to thus make some noise) and this could ultimately create some more Geno fans get loud.

It also may create an increase size in fan bases for various other Square Enix characters, specifically Cloud (NOOO!!!!), Sora, Terra, Squall, and perhaps a character from Secret of Mana or Dragon Quest as well.

Edit: I expect this rumor to make the smash bros hype higher for the next few days. Maybe not here, but definitely in general.

D

Deleted member

Or Sakurai will finish her data. She's already among the likely newcomers.

Actually, for good choices for newcomers/returners... The Forbidden 7 gets revealed. For fun, Mewtwo is the only one not shown due to Plusle & Minun being seen.

Only since Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik is a combo character and would be consider one full newcomer, if they only show 5.

Or just show all 6(7) at once.

Here's hoping we can play as a boss again somehow. Like we could play Giga Bowser. Honestly, just a Boss mode itself would work. XD
Of the Forbidden Seven, I can honestly see only the Melee Veterans, Dixie, and Toon Zelda (no Toon Sheik). Only because Sakurai has Mewtwo and a 5th Gen to deal with to where P+M would take a back seat to them, and Toon Sheik literally not existing in the Zelda universe (yes, Sheik wasn't in TP either, but she wasn't called "TP Sheik" in Brawl, just "Sheik".) to which Tetra would be a suitable replacement.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Dixie doesn't have any data to finish. :V

I'd imagine what data there was, it was just kind of CONCEPTUAL WORK to see if it's possible to have a character that would work in the way Diddy & Dixie would have worked. It wasn't. So it was scrapped REALLY EARLY ON and they moved on.

You don't need a model or a moveset to test that stuff.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Of the Forbidden Seven, I can honestly see only the Melee Veterans, Dixie, and Toon Zelda (no Toon Sheik). Only because Sakurai has Mewtwo and a 5th Gen to deal with to where P+M would take a back seat to them, and Toon Sheik literally not existing in the Zelda universe (yes, Sheik wasn't in TP either, but she wasn't called "TP Sheik" in Brawl, just "Sheik".) to which Tetra would be a suitable replacement.
Except he didn't bother to make a Tetra, so he only planned Toon Sheik. He clearly think Sheik is key to the character Zelda, as we've seen proof of this by now.

Anyway, he doesn't care if a character doesn't exist to make them playable. Giga Bowser is actually playable(for a short while), so that doesn't matter to him. It's whatever he wants, really.

I don't see why he wouldn't bring all the Forbidden Seven back anyway. He wanted to make them all playable in end. Only ones I could see not making it in are honestly Roy and Dr. Mario, since that series is easy to cover. Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik is very easy for him to make, since they're clones. Only thing we can hope for would be a different final smash. :p

And let's note that he didn't show any new Pokemon in Brawl's first preview either. Having all the Forbidden 7 would please a ton of people.(except people who can't stand clones)

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
It also may create an increase size in fan bases for various other Square Enix characters, specifically Cloud (NOOO!!!!), Sora, Terra, Squall, and perhaps a character from Secret of Mana or Dragon Quest as well.
Sora was used not too long ago, and the new Kingdom Hearts game isn't too far off, so I doubt it would have any effect. As for the others, are there seriously any fan bases for them? I mean, for them to appear in Smash Bros? Say it ain't so..

Geno being in would be just great, even if you aren't a Geno fan. That means that it could inspire Nintendo to make a new SMRPG, which pretty much anyone can enjoy! That's what I tend to take into account with some characters that I would accept into SSB4. Even Waluigi has me warmed up for his unlikely but possible inclusion, because maybe it could inspire him to grow and blossom as a likable and distinct character in the future. That makes the even older characters more exciting editions, like the retro characters.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I agree, although I think there is a very, very, very, VERY small chance that Toon Sheik Tetra could be a late add-on clone of Sheik to "pad" the roster size.

Something also tells me that Sakurai likes (or stills likes) the idea of Plusle and Minun. However, that doesn't mean it will pop up, or even be considered (this time).
Did you intend that? Or was it a freak accident?
No I didn't. I didn't get what you were referencing until I read your post and my on your post quote 6 times! :laugh:

I think I got that phrase from Legolastorm, who used to always use the phrase "wood works." He's a Geno (and Ridley) nut. :smirk:

That is a totally epic reference that my post could have made! :laugh:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
The Waluigi part of Heel's post reminds me, there really should be a Super Wario Bros. type of game

I think people would like him a lot more if that were to happen

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Sora was used not too long ago, and the new Kingdom Hearts game isn't too far off, so I doubt it would have any effect. As for the others, are there seriously any fan bases for them? I mean, for them to appear in Smash Bros? Say it ain't so..
I'm not saying that (I agree with you). However, Sora fanboyss tend to be crazy and ignore facts. They also tend to make their own "facts" like the crazed rabid fanboys they are. But expect Cloud fans and Squall fans at least. Neither of them have been in a sequel. However, they have been in games recently and ports of their original games. Some crazed fanboys of Final Fantasy VII and VIII think every Square Enix reference is a reference to those games and their main character(s).
Geno being in would be just great, even if you aren't a Geno fan. That means that it could inspire Nintendo to make a new SMRPG, which pretty much anyone can enjoy! That's what I tend to take into account with some characters that I would accept into SSB4
I'm a old school Geno fan bro. I just don't like how crazy some of the Geno craze got. It should have been much calmer, and not tried to hype itself as 5,000 people when it was only 50! No offense to any of my fellow Geno fans that did that, of course! :laugh: I'm sure the years of (hopeful) maturity that comes with getting keep the fan base calmer! :chuckle:

Edit: I would 100% buy a Super Mario RPG 2. I would buy a Wario Bros. game if it was of the quality that Wario Land and/or Mario Bros. are up to! :)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The Waluigi part of Heel's post reminds me, there really should be a Super Wario Bros. type of game

I think people would like him a lot more if that were to happen
The general populance has this belief that only "canon" characters are made playable. Until we could play as Giga Bowser, this was actually true.

Any character can be made playable. Canon, Non-Canon, no stated Canon, don't matter. As long as it origined in a video game(unless it's a Nintendo item that was made playable, which is clearly an exception), it's fair game. Likely is another story.

Also, putting him in WarioWare(any game) would help a lot. XD

D

Deleted member

Except he didn't bother to make a Tetra, so he only planned Toon Sheik. He clearly think Sheik is key to the character Zelda, as we've seen proof of this by now.
That was then. I'm talking NOW, when the concept of a "Toon Sheik" is unfavorable to fans. Yes, he finds Sheik to be key to Zelda, but making up a new version of her that doesn't exist for an alternate version of Zelda isn't wise in the slightest, and is possibly why the idea was scrapped in the first place.
However, the idea of Toon Zelda with Tetra as the transformation is much more favorable to fans

Anyway, he doesn't care if a character doesn't exist to make them playable. Giga Bowser is actually playable(for a short while), so that doesn't matter to him. It's whatever he wants, really. The difference is that Giga Bowser wasn't made up for Brawl, he was already in Melee as a boss. And even then, Giga Bowser is labeled as a Smash original character rather than a Mario character. What's Toon Sheik's trophy despcription and appearances going to say?

I don't see why he wouldn't bring all the Forbidden Seven back anyway. He wanted to make them all playable in end. Only ones I could see not making it in are honestly Roy and Dr. Mario, since that series is easy to cover. Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik is very easy for him to make, since they're clones. Only thing we can hope for would be a different final smash. :p
If Toon Zelda and Toon Sheik would be easy for him to make because they're clones, why wouldn't Roy and Dr. Mario? Not only were they in a Smash before, they were clones as well. And even then, they could both easily be given the Falco/Ganondorf treatment.
And how is Zelda not easy to cover? We've got Ghirahim, Impa, Midna, Skull Kid, Tingle, etc. All of which without forcing in another clone that is an alternate version of a character featuring an alternate version of that character's counterpart that doesn't exist.
And again, a good reason why ALL of the Forbidden 7 won't be brought back: priorities. We have two Pokemon characters in the 7. One of which being immensly popular and a cut veteran. Then we have the new Generation to think about, which would outprioitize a tag-team from 2 Generations ago that are nowhere near as popular today as they were before.
Unless characters are deliberately cut to make room, Pokemon is not getting 7 total slots on the Roster.

And let's note that he didn't show any new Pokemon in Brawl's first preview either. Having all the Forbidden 7 would please a ton of people.(except people who can't stand clones)How does this matter in the slightest? Lucario was a secret character, Pokemon Trainer was most likely not within a good stage to show off, and Jigglypuff was one of the last characters to be finished.
Responses in red.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
dont trust them new *****s over theeeeeere
leavin they ***** essunce in da aaaaaaaaaair
dont trust them new *****s
with they FANGAHS on da TRIGGA

^^^^^ Golden should know that

And honestly, while Waluigi definitely isn't the best choice for a Mario newcomer, he'd still be a hell of a lot better than ****ing DAISY, that's for sure

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Could you please multiquote next time, GY?

That was then. I'm talking NOW, when the concept of a "Toon Sheik" is unfavorable to fans. Yes, he finds Sheik to be key to Zelda, but making up a new version of her that doesn't exist for an alternate version of Zelda isn't wise in the slightest, and is possibly why the idea was scrapped in the first place.
However, the idea of Toon Zelda with Tetra as the transformation is much more favorable to fans
Okay, I can't argue with that. I'd like to see her playable, but yeah, Tetra/Knight Zelda would be cooler.

The difference is that Giga Bowser wasn't made up for Brawl, he was already in Melee as a boss. And even then, Giga Bowser is labeled as a Smash original character rather than a Mario character. What's Toon Sheik's trophy despcription and appearances going to say?
Whatever he makes up. He made up GB's, MH's, and CH's descriptions and so on. So to say... it won't work...

If Toon Zelda and Toon Sheik would be easy for him to make because they're clones, why wouldn't Roy and Dr. Mario? Not only were they in a Smash before, they were clones as well. And even then, they could both easily be given the Falco/Ganondorf treatment.
Depends if he cares about new choices over old ones. That's why I could see them being less likely. But that's simply a matter of opinion, so I won't really debate this point.

And how is Zelda not easy to cover? We've got Ghirahim, Impa, Midna, Skull Kid, Tingle, etc. All of which without forcing in another clone that is an alternate version of a character featuring an alternate version of that character's counterpart that doesn't exist.
None of those are main characters like Toon Zelda is. ;) That's why. Why else would he consider Toon Zelda before any of those, except arguably Tingle at that time(who has more actual data that Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik, notably).

And again, a good reason why ALL of the Forbidden 7 won't be brought back: priorities. We have two Pokemon characters in the 7. One of which being immensly popular and a cut veteran. Then we have the new Generation to think about, which would outprioitize a tag-team from 2 Generations ago that are nowhere near as popular today as they were before.
That sounds like Mewtwo is less likely than Plusle & Minun. Also, there is no "exact slot space" anyway. Plusle & Minun were beat out by Lucario, after all. It even makes it sound like we'll just get 4 Pokemon slots, and it'll be a 1st Gen(like usual) and a 5th Gen. But anything could happen. I don't see Mewtwo being automatically likely either.

Unless characters are deliberately cut to make room, Pokemon is not getting 7 total slots on the Roster.
Please don't make unfounded claims. There is no official roster space or slow allotment here. He'll do as he needs or wants.

@Metal Overlord: I concur with the Waluigi statement. He's not nearly as annoying as Daisy is, doesn't have a crappy Baby clone, and is less likely to be a clone.(Daisy being a clone of Peach? So... obvious. Especially after she already has a Daisy-based costume)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
OH SNAP! LONG POST BATTLE!!!

...for once I am not directly involved in it! :laugh:

I'm tempted to fire some "shots" at this multi-part debate! :laugh:
And honestly, while Waluigi definitely isn't the best choice for a Mario newcomer, he'd still be a hell of a lot better than ****ing DAISY, that's for sure
At least Daisy was in a canon Mario game. Plus, I would much rather have a Peach clone than a 3rd Mario clone! :laugh:

Edit: You guys should just quote, then break up each part (like Hyper does) and add the user's name to the top of each one via copying and pasting.

D

Deleted member

leavin they ***** essunce in da aaaaaaaaaair
dont trust them new *****s
with they FANGAHS on da TRIGGA

^^^^^ Golden should know that

lolboondocks

@John: Set canon in Mario = Loch Ness Monster
Long story short: Neither exist. While Waluigi has yet to be in a non-platforming adventure in the Mario series, you can't claim the "canon" rule.

Hey gaiz

So um.... I decided to play safe because I still care about the roster Toad and if he is playable. Just hoping Sakurai notices him like how he (Surprisingly) noticed him during the brawl era-- where in he hardly had any role or importance in the mario series (That time though).

Likely characters -- 50:50 (Little Mac, Ridley, K.Rool, Toad, Nathan Drake, Samuel Jackson)
Slightly likely ------ 45:55 (Krystal, Geno, Mewtwo, ...)
Marginal and below --- Piss poor/Will never get in the game (Megamanzz)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The Boondocks vs. the remaining members of Queen... can only happen... if Miis are playable! MAKE IT HAPPEN SAKURAI!

If that happens, Golden and I are gonna be the last two members of Queen and Metal and someone else here can be the Boondocks. Trust me, We Will, We Will, ROCK YOU! :laugh:

@ Golden
Yes I can... because it's America! :p

Also, canon = a pure platform title. Spin-off = everything else.

From what I remember, it wasn't called canon.

It was called "Mainstream".

Edit : Herp derp. What happened to the trolling activity in the thread? It's still April

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom