• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Mitsurugi is badass. I'm just a sucker for Samurais in Fighting Games.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Then again, the only one you NEED is Charade. Charade + abilities of everyone else from SC = Everyone from Soul Caliber is technically playable. Hooray for math! :awesome:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Edit: Is Maxwell a second party character? Because he's awesome, and deserves some recognition. Maybe a trophy or sticker. *shrugs*
Maxwell from Scribblenauts? I agree, he's awesome.

But sadly he's 3rd Party...and apparently American made with little popularity in Japan. That kinda sucks.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I also forgot about Mitsurugi, too. Goddam, I really need to play Soul Calibur II again LOL

Still though, Necrid and Talim would probably be my most wanted (though neither'll never happen, especially not Necrid :()

Thank ye Cobalsh! That moveset of yours looks decent, too, though I don't know **** about Rayman (I always confuse him with Ty the Tasmanian Tiger :laugh:)

:phone:
Whom? I don't know of any Ty. Rayman, he's kinda, uh, stereotypically guy-like.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Speaking of supporting people I don't remember who brought this up first but if sakurai does another poll and it's worldwide who will we, as a community, push for? I mean yea we can all vote for different people but 1 vote for Isaac, impa, and Tom book each isn't as strong as 3 votes for shulk.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
If I had my way we'd do bomberman >_> but I think Ridley Kuhrool will get the most love barring vets (looking at you mewtwo). Orrrrr if ssbf's poll is any indication it will be waluigi :laugh:. Who's the leading newcomer on shortie's poll.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Speaking of supporting people I don't remember who brought this up first but if sakurai does another poll and it's worldwide who will we, as a community, push for? I mean yea we can all vote for different people but 1 vote for Isaac, impa, and Tom book each isn't as strong as 3 votes for shulk.

That's assuming that popularity is THE deciding factor. Remember that bringing something new to the table is a big plus so even if Isaac, Impa, and Nook are less requested, they bring something new to the table in some way. Impa could break off the Zelda/Sheik into two slots or even change it into a Marvel/Tekken Tag-like playstyle. Nook would provide a comedic atmosphere in fighting. Do I need to explain Isaac?

Now, I'm not saying She-Hulk wouldn't bring anything new. In fact, I don't know what She-Hulk could bring since I've yet to play it.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Well wouldn't the point of a poll be to measure popularity? I'm not saying it is the deciding factor but it could be what pushes a character over the fence.
I don't know anything about shulk either it was just an example.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well wouldn't the point of a poll be to measure popularity? I'm not saying it is the deciding factor but it could be what pushes a character over the fence.
I don't know anything about shulk either it was just an example.

I'm just saying that a popularity poll gives you an idea of what to expect. Would you want Waluigi in the top of the polls.

@Oasis
Zelda and Sheik, as playstyles, have way more going for them than just the transforming thing. Heck, the transforming was essentially added on to Samus in Brawl and for the Pokemon Trainer. It lost any "unique appeal" when Zamus and PT came about.

Considering transforming a defining trait is rather silly. Surely Zelda's zoning game and disjointed hitboxes and Sheik's speed, pressure, and needles don't make them perfectly valid characters on their own. When you take into account that only a minority of players in both Melee and Brawl actually use both normally should tell you that people are just gonna main one or the other.

wezai

Smash Journeyman
Nice job, Metal Overlord on that moveset. Here's mine for Rayman:

[COLLAPSE="Rayman's moveset"]Neutral B: Punch: Charges his punch.
Side B: Spin Punch: Spins and, well, punches.
Up B: Fly: Spins his hair, like in Rayman Origins.
Down B: Ground Pound: Jumps in the air, then smashes hit feet onto the ground.

Taunts:
Up Taunt: Does a pelvic thrust.
Down Taunt: Spins, then trips.
Side Taunt: Seperates his arms really far, then give a face of pain when the fists slam back into his face;). Also does 5% damage if enemy is hit.

That's it.

Edit: Is Maxwell a second party character? Because he's awesome, and deserves some recognition. Maybe a trophy or sticker. *shrugs*[/COLLAPSE]
Pretty cool. I'll try to create movesets for Peppy Hare, . His special moves would work just like any Star Fox character does in SSB.:love::

Special Moves

Neutral B: Blaster (the slowest blaster of the game, also the only blaster that can be charged; can break shields, the longer it chargers the easier it is to break them. After full charging, your character's gun will start glowing slightly indicating it's ready)

Side B: Peppy Invention (Just like Fox Illusion and Falco Phantasm, he will dive forward. Effects: if enemy is on ground, will always throw them forward, if the enemy is on air, will always throw them backwards)

Up B: Fire Bunny (the shortest Up-B among the Star Fox crew. Very potent, though.)

Down B: Reflector (Differently than all of the reflectors, what Peppy does is that he plants the reflector on ground or just slightly above the ground. It will reflect anything thrown at it, it will only do direct hit damage on its set up animation, the standing animation does not damage, only reflects stuff. If the enemy is hit by the reflector's setting up animation, then him/her will be thrown diagonally upwards)

---------------

He would be a technical character I think? His short Up-B would be balanced by a high 2nd jump. So use it wisely! His general basic strategy would revolve around using his Peppy Invention (Foward-B) followed up by a combo. If the enemies try to turtle he can use his blasts (that are very potent mind you). Good counter against enemies who can throw stuff at you. Most of his normal attacks would have short range (he is so small :>), so spacing and setting up good blasters would be a good technique to approach.

His first jump is average, but his 2nd jump would be ridiculously high (hey, he is a bunny, duh!).

---------------

Normal Moves (can't think of names for now)

Normal Attack: Peppy punches his enemies. If you hit A quickly enough he will perform 2 punches followed by consecutively kicks.

U-tilt: Uses his ears to hit upwards.

F-tilt: He will try to perform a long punch by extending his body forward.

D-tilt: He will crouch and use his mighty bunny ears to hit the ground in front of him (resembles Pikachu's normal attack in that manner)

F-Smash: He does it like all his star animal friends do.

U-Smash: Sways his ears from his front all the way to his back, resulting in a body-flip ending animation.

D-Smash: Spins his body while his back is on the floor (hit-box: his ears, of course). Kind of remembers me of Pikachu's D-smash.

---------------

Aerial Attacks

He does it the same way all Star Fox characters do, with the only exception his U-air: Instead of legs, he uses his ears when he flips upwards.

---------------

So, what do you guys think? I think another Star Fox member is very welcome to me! <3

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@kuma
I'm actually indifferent toward waluigi but I know what you mean. It just seems that a poll should hold some type of weight or else it's pretty much meaningless. As far as it showing us what to expect, if it is filled with the likes of waluigi it won't be really accurate, will it?

I'm curious wezai/weezy- what made you decide to semi-clone peppy?

wezai

Smash Journeyman
No offense wezai, but do we really need Peppy or any other SF character to be another clone/semi-clone of Fox?
Well, I just made his skill sets like that based on previous characters of the same franchise. As long as they have something peculiar going on for them, I don't mind.

But that would be cool if Peppy was a very different character, I agree. But then I would hope that all Star Fox characters were very different in terms of special skills.

Oh well, that happens a lot in the SSB series, characters that have the same traits tend to have the same skills. :redface:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think the use of a block button depends on the game.
This is exactly, 100% the point.
How many fighting games besides that and Mortal Kombat make use of one?
Smash kinda sorta through the bubble shields.
And the "mature" vibe never really appealed to me. Honestly, it's gory for the sake of being gory. I never saw maturity in that. Now, give me realistic blood loss, bruises, etc., and we'll talk.
I didn't mean the gore per say but the vibe of just creepy blood and death makes the game feel like you are fighting not just to win, but to stay alive. IMO it adds to the intensity for that series. Even if you dislike the series or the "vibe," Mortal Kombat clearly has its' own unique and easily recognizable "vibe," "feel," and even "fighting styles."
Finally, I'm not the only one who plays Tekken. Oh, Yoshimitsu for Smash 4.:awesome:
I don't play Tekken much, but I do enjoy it. Especially the 2nd and 3rd Tekken. I suck at Tekken though! :laugh:

Edit: Also, the Xenosaga series (including Xenoblade Chronicles) is a Nintendo First Party guys. ;) I just looked it up to be sure. :cool:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Smash kinda sorta through the bubble shields.
Well, I was talking about traditional fighters. Smash doesn't have high-low mixups (yet, assuming it ever will) and the shield deteriorates due to pressure. I never got that urgency to survive either. It just seemed rather meh.

I still wonder if maybe left-right mixups aren't such a bad idea. Give Jigglypuff air dashes and she'd be crazy awesome.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I didn't mean the gore per say but the vibe of just creepy blood and death makes the game feel like you are fighting not just to win, but to stay alive. IMO it adds to the intensity for that series. Even if you dislike the series or the "vibe," Mortal Kombat clearly has its' own unique and easily recognizable "vibe," "feel," and even "fighting styles."
You my hero for sayin that, John :love:

Oh, and wezzy, TBH, there isn't much you can do to differentiate Peppy from the others. I would personally like to see Peppy in Smash as a playable character, even if he indeed turned out to be another character with similar moves, but I don't think a putting a 3rd SF "clone" in Smash would go over very well

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That will be a great day! And then Impa will come out of the WiiU, walk up to you, and you guys (Diddy Kong and Impa) will start making out. Then you (Diddy Kong) will wake up and realize that not only do you have to clean your sheets, but that Impa still will never be in Smash.
This was the best joke post of this thread. Like no joke on this joke. That's coming from the guy who created the 1st/2nd/3rd/27th party theory.
Like holy fish and chips, you guys. Xenoblade Chronicles is unfathomably amazing, and I don't even LIKE JRPGs. It really should be represented in Smash.
The game has gotten the best average reviews of 2012 last I checked. I was expecting it to be good, not revolutionary. The game play looks ridiculously funny, and from what I read, the story looks pretty "smashing." Plus that world map looks huge. Like the descriptions I hear of it sound amazing. I need to pick a copy of this game up methinks.
We should all push for Shake King. :troll:
"Shaken, never stirred" is how Golden prefers characters. Golden will not longer be as good as this after his wanted characters are shaken out of playable contention. :troll: :p :laugh:

Edit: Stir King for Brawl Smash 4/5! :grin:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Metal Overlord: The funny part is that Captain Falcon is the only one to have 3 total clones in Smash.(only one of them is playable, but a clone's a clone) Take a guess which ones. ;)

Also, if Sakurai were to make a poll, don't expect a lot of out there favorites. Ghirahim may be on there, as well as characters who didn't make the cut, and maybe even Pichu and Young Link.

In other words, don't expect characters like Impa or Duck Hunt Dog on there. Although DHD is more likely of those two anyway.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Hyper
Yeah I would expect most of the top favorites (like how Brawl had Diddy Kong, King Dedede, Sonic, Ike, and Captain Olimar), but after the top 3 or so most desired characters don't expect much.

@ Metal
I know the fighting Polygons and Wire Frames each had a Captain Falcon, and I believe there was a Falcon Alloy clone.

On a side note, Currently the 3 most popular newcomers is kind of up in the air. I think Mega Man and King K. Rool are in the top 3, but I don't know who I would consider up there after them. (I don't consider Mewtwo or Roy newcomers obviously). That third spot is always up in the air from what I can tell.

Like seriously guys, who do you think are the 3 most desired potential newcomer characters=??? I can't figure out who it is, but I bet we'll have a big late hype train eventually! :laugh:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That's what I've been thinking, but I don't know about that for sure. Even then, you could count Mega Man out of that list since he's a 3rd party character. Thus Mega Man seemingly not in the "same category" as Nintendo-owned character.

So then who would be the top 3 most wanted potential newcomer Nintendo-owned characters=??? Obviously Metal and I agree on K. Rool and Ridley, but who else has that much hype=???

Like seriously, there is a huge "hype" drop off (after those characters). :laugh:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Mega Man... a cool character,but I do not support him for SSB4,I don´t know why.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
That's what I've been thinking, but I don't know about that for sure. Even then, you could count Mega Man out of that list since he's a 3rd party character. Thus Mega Man seemingly not in the "same category" as Nintendo-owned character.

So then who would be the top 3 most wanted potential newcomer Nintendo-owned characters=??? Obviously Metal and I agree on K. Rool and Ridley, but who else has that much hype=???

Like seriously, there is a huge "hype" drop off (after those characters). :laugh:
No idea. Um... Who else is generally accepted by everyone here? Hmmm...

D

Deleted member

Edit: Also, the Xenosaga series (including Xenoblade Chronicles) is a Nintendo First Party guys. ;) I just looked it up to be sure. :cool:
Err...last I checked, Xenoblade and Xenosaga aren't related, it's just that the name for Xenoblade was to be an homage to the Xenosaga series.

And last I checked also, Namco still owns the Xenosaga series. Why else would KOS-MOS be in a Capcom/Sega/Namco crossover?

EDIT: Nintendo owns Xenoblade, I know. Just adding that here so you don't think I don't.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Yeah, the only things I can truly think what this Square Enix/Nintendo rumor could be is either Geno or yet another Mario spin-off with Square Enix characters like they did with Mario Hoops, Mario Sports Mix, or Fortune Street.

But then again, I don't see a source on that rumor.

D

Deleted member

If it were another spin-off, it'd be with a character or characters SE hasn't used in a long time as the article says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom