• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
If its about the Impa thing, sorry.

Speaking of, one more week to go

:phone:
God, Diddy, I just don't know how I can even talk to you right now. YOU are the reason why he left. Keep your Impa crap in your blog. We TOLD you to do that. So DO it. Get the message? Or should someone just tell you again as you just ignore it? Seriously, stop.

I don't mean to be a jerk, bro, but seriously...

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I give up.

I will now admit that Victini has no chance and will be nothing more than a Mew-like Pokeball. Might as well admit that Zoroark will be in since I've been feeling that scenario for awhile.

With that, I do not feel as my presence is necessary anymore and my hype for the game has drained a lot. Goodbye everyone.

:sad:
You can't honestly feel that your only worth to the community is support for a single character. You are keeping your real reason, for whatever reason, repressed or you are atleast projecting on to victini's chances or maybe lack there of. Considering everything you contributed and your apparent love of the series (*see username) I highly doubt that's the real reason you're leaving. Whatever you are experiencing right now, I hope gets better and when that happens I expect to see your triumphant return. When, and I do mean when, you come back, just know we will accept you back with welcoming arms.

@skyleaf
I am CERTAIN that Diddy has marked on his calendar, a reminder in his phone, and a countdown clock for when he can talk about impa again.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
God, Diddy, I just don't know how I can even talk to you right now. YOU are the reason why he left. Keep your Impa crap in your blog. We TOLD you to do that. So DO it. Get the message? Or should someone just tell you again as you just ignore it? Seriously, stop.

This. Seriously, Diddy, nobody wants to hear about it.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Ruffians Forever.
Ahhh but see, those groups have not out lived their purpose. Even then I had a plan, but I knew it was too early to actively be doing anything. ;)

BTW, your roster blog has made it's way to NeoGAF. Fwiw.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Fwiw sounds like the noise that plane made as it went over my head while I was trying to figure out what fwiw stood for.

But I'm glad. Making roster images is a right of every man.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm working on a roster, myself. I've been looking at what I want instead of what ya'll want. Kuma called me out for being a little give-in-able, so I decided to do a Asage'd Roster (Yeah, Asage'd.)

I promise, however, it'll be realistic.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Fwiw sounds like the noise that plane made as it went over my head while I was trying to figure out what fwiw stood for.

For
What
It's
Worth

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, yeah, maybe you're right. Still, what would we get for a Mii? Premade moveset for the Mii itself? Clone moveset selection? Customizable moveset? It's not exactly a idea set to be in stone at first glance...
Customizable moveset, if they don't become the new Fighting Team.

That, and the announcer was actually asked to do a fun announcement of the characters that people wanted.

Among them were Mii, Ridley, Krystal, and MegaMan, notably.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
^^^ Where did you read/hear that?

Lrn2urbandictionary. Noob
That's a mouthful

it's amazing how yourStrength has traveled across the Internet. Youust be proud.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I will say something because apparently we got some new tidbits about FE13 today. Looks like FE13 will have a second lord. The second lord will be a My Unit (a unit in which the player customizes their name, class, physical appearance, and gender). The My Unit feature was also in FE12. I was expecting a second lord for FE12 since previous Gaiden-styled Fire Emblems did have two lords (Gaiden Fire Emblems are FE2/Gaiden and FE8/Sacred Stones), however, making it a lord without any definable about them (except possible storyline importance) was certainly a curveball. This also now rules out Liz being as being a lord.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
SSBF. I am sad now, especially after you were the person who showed me the light of Victini. It's a bit depressing, really. Everyone here is kind of like a big disfunkshunal family See what I did there?, and when someone leaves, it hurts a bit.

I wish you the best, and hope to see you around again, man.

@Diddy: Stop with the Impa stuff before more respectable people fly the coop.

On a lighter note, Mewtwo seems to be in the spotlight more.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

I didn't mention her directly, and apparently I don't need to to make the **** hit the fan. Besides, I apologized. What else should I have done?

And no, I remember when the week is over on my own. It's not... That hard to do so actually...

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
So diddy, think you can go another week? Better yet, how about a month?

SSBF is WHAT? AHHHHHHHHHHH! I JUST CRAPPED A PICHU!!! (I still think magicarp would be cool)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pfft I already spoiled you with that extra week. And its still 2-0 for me on my challenge. So far, I have no reason to drop the subject.

Besides, why the hate? Why can't I support a character and state my reasons? All my Impa "propaganda" is still many less pages worth of Victini support. I personally see my character as the more likely to happen in the first place... :/

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I didn't mention her directly, and apparently I don't need to to make the **** hit the fan. Besides, I apologized. What else should I have done?

And no, I remember when the week is over on my own. It's not... That hard to do so actually...

That's not the damn point. :glare:
If you've DRIVEN SOMEONE AWAY with it, you need to shut up about it. IT'S COMMON SENSE.

@Above and below post: THE F*** ARE YOU DELUDING YOURSELF WITH? You've driven people OFF THE BOARDS. THAT'S ENOUGH REASON TO SHUT UP. But fine. You wanna deal with constant flaming, fine. Do whatever the f*** you like. I just really don't give a s***.

P.S. You're doing it again. Damn, subjectivity is your strong suit. Just cuz it's best for you doesn't mean it is for everyone else. I mean, I think Shy Guy is the best Yoshi rep in the universe, but I don't go around spamming the f*** out of it and p***ing everyone off.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
That's a good thing Diddy, but just wish that after you will talk about Impa again, just don't spam it up so much. And especially don't try to debate about the whole Sheik Vs Impa again so excessively like before.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
My god, what was speculation, just turned into a ridiculous argument.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Opossum you reminded me of this with the 'did you see what I did there?'

Diddy I have a question and I'd appreciate an honest answer: at this point you know your incessant impa talk upsets majority of the community and you know most people are locked in their views of where they stand in the debate, so why do you want to talk about farther here? Is it because you honestly believe you will convert someone or is it strictly to irritate the people who, before, ignored your ideas about her without proper justification?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Opossum you reminded me of this with the 'did you see what I did there?'

Diddy I have a question and I'd appreciate an honest answer: at this point you know your incessant impa talk upsets majority of the community and you know most people are locked in their views of where they stand in the debate, so why do you want to talk about farther here? Is it because you honestly believe you will convert someone or is it strictly to irritate the people who, before, ignored your ideas about her without proper justification?

A mix of both, dependant on the situation. But more leaning to the blasting off without proper justification part.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I give up.

I will now admit that Victini has no chance and will be nothing more than a Mew-like Pokeball. Might as well admit that Zoroark will be in since I've been feeling that scenario for awhile.

With that, I do not feel as my presence is necessary anymore and my hype for the game has drained a lot. Goodbye everyone.

Where did this come from?

You are definitely one of the better posters here. I don't think you should quit. Victini has the amount of support he has due to your efforts.

You have been given another year to build up Victini's support (since the latest Pokemon movie will not have a Pokemon that people will gravitate towards for Smash Bros.).

And even if you truly feel Victini's chances are sunk, there are many other characters that you desire for Smash Bros. that have a strong chance of showing up. What about Mega Man? What about Ridley? What about K. Rool? What about Little Mac? What about Mewtwo?

If Sakurai gets the message that people don't want to see cuts for Smash 4, his hands will be tied in that he will be unable to bring in Zoroark without it seeming redundant (since both Lucario and Mewtwo would already be in). It would be from this that Sakurai would have to find a non-anthropomorphic Pokemon.

The game has not even been unveiled, we know almost nothing about it. While there is great potential for nightmares, there also exists great possibility for the fulfillment of your dreams. That is what mysteries are, both despair and possibility. You have elected yourself to despair, however, understand that the conditions for hope are there as well. Until we know something more concrete about Smash 4, there is little more than we can one way or the other.

This wait could be a long time. I certainly understand the feeling of deferred hope. I have gone through it twice already (Melee's release and Brawl's release). However, despite both of these times of there being characters that I hoped for being in that did not get in, there also existed two things. One was that I found contentment with the characters that I wanted that did manage to get in, and secondly there was always hope for the next game in regards to the characters I wanted. At this point there are so few characters left I desire, I probably won't stick around for a Smash 5.

However, you being in high school (I don't know what year), means you may still be a young adult by the time Smash 5 is released. You are new to this. Part of the journey is broken hopes (though in your case there is absolutely no reason why you should lose hope on Victini this early). Victini is a character that has strong competition just as much as Toad is a character that does. I understand fully well that Toad has strong competition and that it may go down to simply Sakurai's preference in regards to what Mario newcomer is selected. You need look at the other characters you have harbored hopes for as well. The character that which even drew you to Smash speculation in the first place (Mega Man) is the most likely of third-party characters, so likely there is a strong chance he will be among the first newcomers unveiled.

It is easy to be bitter. especially when you are intelligent and understand the full picture. I myself am not feeling confident because of how few notable Nintendo characters there are left and how few fighting games have even approaching 50 playable character. However, keep in mind that with nothing known, there exists just a great a chance for hope as there does for despair. Don't lose sight of that.

I hope that you end up feeling better. Please consider what I have said.

aba1

Smash Apprentice
Alright everyone, I put the list of stages inside the collapse tag this time. For those wanting the list you will find it in there.

[COLLAPSE="S_R"]

Here is the list of stages

1: Starship Mario
2: Luigi's Greater Mansion (Luigi's Mansion 2)
3: Bowser's Castle
4: New Mushroom Kingdom (New Super Mario Bros. Wii)
5: Rainbow Road

6: The Stage
7: Diamond City
8: Sunset Shores
9: The Flying Kroc
10: WuHu Island

11: Underworld (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
12: Skyloft
13: Hyrule Castle
14: Geothermal Power Plant
15: Skytown Elysia

16: N's Castle
17: Tin Tower
18: Cookie Country
19: Fountain Gardens
20: Sector Z

21: Urban Ruins (Sin and Punishment)
22: Saturn Valley
23: Dragon's Altar
24: Red Canyon
25: The Ring

26: Cyber Holosseum
27: New Smashville
28: Elemental Lighthouse
29: Orange Star Headquarters
30: Gluglug Lagoon

31: Final Destination
32: Nintendo
33: Built To Scale (Rhythm Heaven)
34: Gaur Plains
35: Battlefield

The returning stages are self explanatory, but for those that do not wish to look here they are.

1: Delfino Plaza
2: WarioWare
3: Pirate Ship
4: Norfair
5: Lylat Cruise
6: Distant Planet
7: Castle Siege
8: Smashville
9: Yoshi's Island
10: 75m
11: Pokémon Stadium 2
12: The Halberd
13: Port Town: Aero Dive
14: Skytown
15: The Summit
16: Flat Zone 2
17: Pictochat[/COLLAPSE]
I dunno a smash bros game without Corneria seems odd even in the original they had sector z (which I like better) which is almost the same just larger and in space.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I give up.

Where did this come from?

You are definitely one of the better posters here. I don't think you should quit. Victini has the amount of support he has due to your efforts.

You have been given another year to build up Victini's support (since the latest Pokemon movie will not have a Pokemon that people will gravitate towards for Smash Bros.).

And even if you truly feel Victini's chances are sunk, there are many other characters that you desire for Smash Bros. that have a strong chance of showing up. What about Mega Man? What about Ridley? What about K. Rool? What about Little Mac? What about Mewtwo?

If Sakurai gets the message that people don't want to see cuts for Smash 4, his hands will be tied in that he will be unable to bring in Zoroark without it seeming redundant (since both Lucario and Mewtwo would already be in). It would be from this that Sakurai would have to find a non-anthropomorphic Pokemon.

The game has not even been unveiled, we know almost nothing about it. While there is great potential for nightmares, there also exists great possibility for the fulfillment of your dreams. That is what mysteries are, both despair and possibility. You have elected yourself to despair, however, understand that the conditions for hope are there as well. Until we know something more concrete about Smash 4, there is little more than we can one way or the other.

This wait could be a long time. I certainly understand the feeling of deferred hope. I have gone through it twice already (Melee's release and Brawl's release). However, despite both of these times of there being characters that I hoped for being in that did not get in, there also existed two things. One was that I found contentment with the characters that I wanted that did manage to get in, and secondly there was always hope for the next game in regards to the characters I wanted. At this point there are so few characters left I desire, I probably won't stick around for a Smash 5.

However, you being in high school (I don't know what year), means you may still be a young adult by the time Smash 5 is released. You are new to this. Part of the journey is broken hopes (though in your case there is absolutely no reason why you should lose hope on Victini this early). Victini is a character that has strong competition just as much as Toad is a character that does. I understand fully well that Toad has strong competition and that it may go down to simply Sakurai's preference in regards to what Mario newcomer is selected. You need look at the other characters you have harbored hopes for as well. The character that which even drew you to Smash speculation in the first place (Mega Man) is the most likely of third-party characters, so likely there is a strong chance he will be among the first newcomers unveiled.

It is easy to be bitter. especially when you are intelligent and understand the full picture. I myself am not feeling confident because of how few notable Nintendo characters there are left and how few fighting games have even approaching 50 playable character. However, keep in mind that with nothing known, there exists just a great a chance for hope as there does for despair. Don't lose sight of that.

I hope that you end up feeling better. Please consider what I have said.

Skyleaf

Smash Cadet
I can take a look in the Backroom for ya, I'm pretty sure those movesets have been made and posted at some point on this thread.

You're new and you already hate Impa, I can tell that you're a quick learner. ;)

EDIT: I checked. Nope, I couldn't find anything. Sorry.
Thanks for checking for me, at least. I appreciate it!

Yeahhh... I hate Impa for one humongous reason: Diddy Kong will Not. Shut. Up. About it. Seriously, I'd be all FOR Impa if he would just drop it. Hell, I bet a lot of us would. And the stupid thing is that I think he realizes that but just wants something to do.

@skyleaf
I am CERTAIN that Diddy has marked on his calendar, a reminder in his phone, and a countdown clock for when he can talk about impa again.

And why? Just because he can and wants to annoy us.

I think you like the gasoline we're throwing on the fire in this thread for you. I honestly think that you love the blatantly stupid arguments that start up solely because of you shoving Impa down our throats.

If I were able to, I'd try to get other users around here to simply ignore you. What is worst than being told off or yelled at? Being nonexistent.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Listen carefully. Keep it in your own blog. That's it! That's all ye need to do. If someone told me to keep Victini in my blog, hell, I'd do it, so long as there is a justified number of people saying so. Now, I have to drive the V-train alone, which isn't helping.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
A mix of both, dependant on the situation. But more leaning to the blasting off without proper justification part.
I understand your anger and frustration believe me, I've been in the sane situation numerous times in real life. In my personal experiences the opportunity cost has out weighed my gain EACH time I decided it was better to give people a taste of their own medicine rather than being the bigger person. Although that probably means little to you, I just think you should know that by doing what you're doing, atleast from my point of view, you are harming yourself more than you are helping yourself.

Since I don't believe anyone has done this yet I'm asking calmly and politely to please calm down with your impa support. It was wrong for people to blindly shut down your ideas but it is also wrong to continuously bother them. I'm not sure how long you intend to seek revenge but as long as you do, everyone loses. The community gets annoyed and you get flamed. Please, as a friend, stop.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think Soul Calibur IV(360) version said you could have custom music... which was a lie since you had to DOWNLOAD them from their website and couldn't choose your own.

I see this happening for both Quality Control and you know, appropriate songs that could be played online. I don't think Nintendo or Sakurai would be keen to allowing custom music with F*** in the title.(please don't mod me, I wanted to make sure people knew what I meant)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Have you guys seen my poll around other sites? It got a lot of votes recently, and I mean, A LOT. More than usual. Which is weird because Im just not around much anymore.

Anyways, K. Rool, Ridley, Mewtwo, Isaac, Little Mac, Toad, Krystal, and Megaman are always the highest ranking in my poll (There is a decent margin between them and other characters)

Would everyone be dandy if they all just got in Smash?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Have you guys seen my poll around other sites? It got a lot of votes recently, and I mean, A LOT. More than usual. Which is weird because Im just not around much anymore.

Anyways, K. Rool, Ridley, Mewtwo, Isaac, Little Mac, Toad, Krystal, and Megaman are always the highest ranking in my poll (There is a decent margin between them and other characters)

Would everyone be dandy if they all just got in Smash?
Yep, your poll received quite a bit of votes from the Smash community over at NeoGAF.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=171735

In more discussion friendly news, this has made me seriously doubt Toad becoming playable. Sorry if it has been posted already.
LA: OK, tougher question: Give us your favorite Nintendo characters.

SM: It’s hard because every character is important to me. Mario, Peach, Luigi, Koopa. Zelda. Toad. Of course, Link. I should also mention Donkey Kong… it’s hard. To me, Mario is a very convenient character. I’m the type of person who thinks of gameplay first, then thinks about the most suitable character for the game. Mario happens to be a versatile character who can do anything. That’s how I think about things. Like in Wii Fit, I do not think that Mario would be suitable for that. He would be strange for the Wii Fit to me.
The Toad thing is probably just some internal joke we aren't privy too. Who knows, I doubt either quotes mean much to Sakurai's decision making.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
The Toad thing is probably just some internal joke we aren't privy too. Who knows, I doubt either quotes mean much to Sakurai's decision making.
Well now, Miyamoto said they were important. That doesn't mean he necessarily LIKES them. :p

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Listen carefully. Keep it in your own blog. That's it! That's all ye need to do. If someone told me to keep Victini in my blog, hell, I'd do it, so long as there is a justified number of people saying so. Now, I have to drive the V-train alone, which isn't helping.
uhhh.....no?

I still support Victini.

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=171735

In more discussion friendly news, this has made me seriously doubt Toad becoming playable. Sorry if it has been posted already.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2JLvYjjIdc
in a nutshell....

DekuBoy

Smash Lord

Oh cool. I wanted Toad playable. Though if he did dislike him, I say it would affect his chances. Sakurai from what I've gathered does go around to the developers of the original series looking for their approval, like when he went to the Zelda guys for the TP designs. Also, I like your stage choices, but some of the returning stages are a bit iffy in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom