• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
Some people believe that? Hmm. Still, it could happen. Kirby got a double addition in Brawl.
As of the winter of 2008, Kirby had the following installments:
1) Kirby's Dream Land
2) Kirby's Adventure
3) Kirby's Dream Land 2
4) Kirby Super Star
5) Kirby's Dream Land 3
6) Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
7) Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
8) Kirby Canvas Curse
9) Kirby Squeak Squad
And the following have been released since then:
10) Kirby's Epic Yarn
11) Kirby Mass Attack
12) Kirby's Return to Dream Land

Kid Icarus only has 3 installments as of April Fool's Day 2012
1) Kid Icarus
2) Of Myths and Monsters
3) Kid Icarus Uprising

Two Kid Icarus characters can't possibly be added into Smash 4 with so few seasons.

Shinymonkey8

Smash Cadet
As of the winter of 2008, Kirby had the following installments:
1) Kirby's Dream Land
2) Kirby's Adventure
3) Kirby's Dream Land 2
4) Kirby Super Star
5) Kirby's Dream Land 3
6) Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
7) Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
8) Kirby Canvas Curse
9) Kirby Squeak Squad
And the following have been released since then:
10) Kirby's Epic Yarn
11) Kirby Mass Attack
12) Kirby's Return to Dream Land

Kid Icarus only has 3 installments as of April Fool's Day 2012
1) Kid Icarus
2) Of Myths and Monsters
3) Kid Icarus Uprising

Two Kid Icarus characters can't possibly be added into Smash 4 with so few seasons.
Wow, had no idea Kirby was so popular back then.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Is that a trend I set? :troll:

The... 7th, 11th, 20th through 23rd, 26th, and 30th stages I don't recognize. :I

Probably should have put NAMES. BD
I gotta agree with Oasis, I can see some but not all. If you could list them for us (except for the Past Stages) that would help.

EDIT: I think I can see Dragon's Altar. :bee:
Hey, pretty neat!
Alright everyone, I put the list of stages inside the collapse tag this time. For those wanting the list you will find it in there.

[COLLAPSE="S_R"]

Here is the list of stages

1: Starship Mario
2: Luigi's Greater Mansion (Luigi's Mansion 2)
3: Bowser's Castle
4: New Mushroom Kingdom (New Super Mario Bros. Wii)
5: Rainbow Road

6: The Stage
7: Diamond City
8: Sunset Shores
9: The Flying Kroc
10: WuHu Island

11: Underworld (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
12: Skyloft
13: Hyrule Castle
14: Geothermal Power Plant
15: Skytown Elysia

16: N's Castle
17: Tin Tower
18: Cookie Country
19: Fountain Gardens
20: Sector Z

21: Urban Ruins (Sin and Punishment)
22: Saturn Valley
23: Dragon's Altar
24: Red Canyon
25: The Ring

26: Cyber Holosseum
27: New Smashville
28: Elemental Lighthouse
29: Orange Star Headquarters
30: Gluglug Lagoon

31: Final Destination
32: Nintendo
33: Built To Scale (Rhythm Heaven)
34: Gaur Plains
35: Battlefield

The returning stages are self explanatory, but for those that do not wish to look here they are.

1: Delfino Plaza
2: WarioWare
3: Pirate Ship
4: Norfair
5: Lylat Cruise
6: Distant Planet
7: Castle Siege
8: Smashville
9: Yoshi's Island
10: 75m
11: Pokémon Stadium 2
12: The Halberd
13: Port Town: Aero Dive
14: Skytown
15: The Summit
16: Flat Zone 2
17: Pictochat[/COLLAPSE]

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Kirby's popular as hell.

And either way, Sakurai could add two KI characters IF he wanted to. I doubt it, though.

Anyway, nobody said DK couldn't get two more. As for it happening, it doesn't seem that likely considering Brawl only got 1 DK character.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Star: Thanks, that's much better. :)

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
I like to see both Palutena & Medusa in SSB4, but if I had to pick one of the 2 it would be Palutena

plokoon9619

Smash Cadet
One DK and one KI addition seems reasonable for the franchises.
Why does DK deserve one? Really... If Star Fox is worthy of having Krystal be added into SSB4, but we can't get anything more than K. Rool for Nintendo's 4th biggest Franchise? Dixie needs to be added, there's no reason why DK can't have two reps and have its roster completed.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Why does DK deserve one? Really... Star Fox is worthy of having Krystal be added into SSB4, but we can't get anything more than K. Rool for Nintendo's 4th biggest Franchise? Dixie needs to be added, there's no reason why DK can't have two reps and have its roster completed.
You said Krystal, K. Rool, and Dixie. Yay. I agree with you for once, *****.

:3

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I prefer how Smash does it. I love the art of randomness, as it still keeps the game from ever getting stale.

If every attack is always the same, with the same exact damage output, it gets boring after a while.

The fact that the style of Smash lacks true consistency in attacks is what makes me love it so much.
Yeah, I like that there are a small number (and only a small number) of moves that have random elements to them. As long as this is done as it was in previous smash games (few moves have random elements, it isn't broken, and the game changers happen extremely rarely), all will be good in the world in smash.
This so much.

I loved Street Fighter back in the 90's. What happened after the 90's? Super Smash Bros. happened, and I never liked Street Fighter as much again.
As much as I love Street Fighter, this is pretty much true. I don't love Street Fighter II and III any less, but man, Smash Bros 64 and Melee just overshadows those games. :cool:
Leave the Smash formula as it is.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Well, improve upon it like previous smash bros games, and let the smash bros team learn from past mistakes, and all in the smash bros world will be good for all! :cool:
Regarding King K Rool and Dixie: Why not both?
I like how you always randomly pop in and say that... because you are right... :reverse: :bee: :cool:
What is the last DK game released? Is the series really being abused that badly?
Donkey Kong Country Returns in 2011, which sold over 5 million units worldwide. That's more than the entire Star Fox, F-Zero, Mother, Ice Climber, and Fire Emblem franchise have ever sold in just one game. So yeah, Donkey Kong is under appreciated and underrepresented in stages, items, non-playable character, assist trophies (there wasn't a Donkey Kong assist trophy at all).

Plus given that Donkey Kong has a lot more interesting potential playable characters than any of those aforementioned franchises (with maybe the exception of Fire Emblem).
It's more likely than a 2-rep addition to Kid Icarus, like some people are deluded into believing...
Pretty much this. Three Kid Icarus representatives has next to no chance of happening, and even if Kid Icarus gets three playable characters (I'm assuming none of them are clones), they sure as heck better be fun to play as... otherwise there might be fan backlash.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
KI Reps... it could maybe make more sense if Medusa was the second rep, but if three, definitely Palutena should take the third slot.

DK better get two tho, Dixie and K.Rool are both pretty important, though I don't wanna compare em'.

Waluigi... I'm neutral to his inclusion. It's just his wierd sole role as a spinoff-only character in Mario-series that irks me.

:phone:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
KI Reps... it could maybe make more sense if Medusa was the second rep, but if three, definitely Palutena should take the third slot.
Yes, but that is pretty crazy to go from a long-dead franchise to three playable characters in smash bros. That is a serious jump in the fire! Such a thing has never happened in smash bros, and I don't imagine it ever happening.
DK better get two tho, Dixie and K.Rool are both pretty important, though I don't wanna compare em'.
Pretty much this, along with the fact they are totally awesome characters and would be devastatingly original in smash bros!
Waluigi... I'm neutral to his inclusion. It's just his wierd sole role as a spinoff-only character in Mario-series that irks me.
Waluigi should stay in the spin-offs, because that is all he fits in (and he barely fits in that). Let him remain as a supporting spin-off character (assist trophy character) because that has always been his role, and in the near future he will remain a supporting spin-off character.

Smash Bros. is about the clashing of "The Best Nintendo All-Stars," not minor characters with no personality or originality.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Hey... I'm new,but,this is my roster:
Mario
Luigi*(*=Unlockable)
Peach
Boser
Bowser Jr.*
Paper Mario
DK
Diddy
Dixie*
K. Rool
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf*
Ghirahim*
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley*
Kirby
Dedede
Meta Knight (Hate 'im, but oh well...)*
Bandana Dee*
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer(Unova)
Zoroark*
Scizor*
Fox
Falco*
Wolf*
Krystal(Has two forms: Fox clone or staff-wielder)
Cpt. Falcon
Black Shadow*
Goroh*
Isaac
Saki*
Little Mac
Ness
Masked Man*
Pit
Magnus*
Medusa*
Wario
Yoshi
Now, third party!
Sonic*
Snake*
Megaman
Rayman*

Alright, that's it. That is...47. Not too big.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
It took two games to get in one character. Having two suddenly added is not completely realistic, not that it can't happen.

I want both in, yes.
FYI, every Smash game has at least 2 series get two characters. Brawl had Kirby and Pokemon gain 2 characters.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Mornin', ya'll.

Got a new moveset. This time for Lucario:

(B): Aura Sphere:
Basically like the move he used in Brawl, except you must now hold the (B) button in order to charge. Like normal, either let go or press L or R to hold the charge. If you click the (B) button without charge, he’ll bring his paw out in front of him, and fire a fast but small Aura Sphere. This can be spammed 5 times, leaving a string of Aura Spheres (Which I’ll call the Aura-String). You can click-fire directly upwards as well.

(B)>: Force Palm:
Once again, very familiar with the normal (B)> Lucario now possesses, except he can now grab enemies from the sky and meteor-smash them downwards. Project Melee shows a great example.

(B)v: Circle Throw:
Lucario makes a battle stance. When someone attacks him, he side-steps, grabs the opponent, then with your option of direction, circle-throws them. If upwards, Lucario will throw them upwards, then get above them and hammer them into the ground. If towards eyesight, he’ll circle throw them much like Mario except faster and is thrown without much altitude. If thrown behind him, he’ll make them bounce off the ground behind himself after one complete 360 around himself. If downwards, he’ll do the same throw he did with a back-throw, except he’ll bounce them off the ground in front of himself.

(B)^: ExtremeSpeed:
As we know, ExtremeSpeed sucked in Brawl, but now here’s a more unique answer towards fixing it. Just as in Brawl, he’ll stop, then dash with you controlling where he dashes. Here’s the catch: Lucario can avoid all projectiles in this phase and hurts anyone he hits. When he stops, he’ll unleash some aura from his body. This is his sweet spot, like Wolf’s (B)>. Afterwards, he loses action.

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman
I'd say the FE series should get a (Luigified) Roy and a new character (Maybe the Dark Knight), so we get two new characters (somewhat).

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Mario's costume at the end of Sunshine has his casual clothes with sunglasses. And a Hawaiian shirt.
Yes, this needs to be in

I agree. A Super Wario Bros. game would be epic.
Also, we should push Charles Martinet to push Nintendo to push Sakurai to add Waluigi. :troll:
I personally wouldn't mind him in at all as a Wario rep and yeah, a SWB game needs to happen

I mained Waluigi in Mario Power Tennis, Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour and Mario Kart: Double Dash, so I'm somewhat partial to him

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
FYI, every Smash game has at least 2 series get two characters. Brawl had Kirby and Pokemon gain 2 characters.
Now who's looking for patterns? :awesome:

Seriously, IMO the series that should get 2 newcomers are Donkey Kong, Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, Kid Icarus, and Punch-Out... that's 10 newcomers so far... throw in 8 newcomers from 8 different series for a total of 18 newcomers. I don't really care that much about third-party characters but I would rather have the following: Pac-Man, Simon Belmont, Rock Man, Mega Man :troll:, or Chocobo & Slime.

Regardless of whether there are character cuts or not, these are the newcomers I want in Smash!

1. Donkey Kong newcomers - the Kong team concept revived/altered from Brawl's original plan
2. Zelda newcomers - the only recurring characters who aren't variants of Link/Zelda/Ganon and they have had combat experience in past games (Toon Sheik? smh... what was Sakurai thinking?)
3. Pokemon newcomers - we usually get one 1st gen newcomer and one latest gen newcomer in each game (Meowth is very popular thanks to the anime so I think many fans wouldn't object seeing Meowth playable in Smash - Zoroark is presented as the Lucario of the 5th gen by Pokemon Company that I wouldn't be surprised if it showed up
4. Kid Icarus newcomers - more females, at least they are the Peach/Zelda and Bowser/Ganon of the Kid Icarus series
5. Punch-Out newcomers - sure, why not? It's one of Nintendo's more popular series since the NES days
6. Retro series newcomers - popular NES character (Ice Climbers > Pit > Takamaru) and WTF character related with hardware (Game & Watch unit > R.O.B. peripheral > NES Zapper peripheral)
7. New series newcomers - Starfy is pretty popular with five games so far, do I need to explain Mii?
8. Generic newcomers - at least they have been playable in the main games, not just the spin-off games (New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Kirby's Return to Dream Land are both popular games that sold very well, didn't they?)
9. Ridley and Krom - nuff said

I am pleased with the wide variety I picked here... a team of monkeys and the king of crocodiles, a ninja and a balloon fighter, a cat and a fox, the goddesses of light and darkness, two boxers from opposite ends of the weight classes, a samurai and a hunting dog, a star and a caricature of yourself, a mushroom retainer and a Kirby-like creature, a space dragon and a swordsman.

You've got 5 villains (K. Rool, Medusa, Hippo, the Dog, and Ridley)... you've got 4 females (Dixie, Impa, Palutena, Medusa)... you've got at least 3 characters more popular in Japan (Tingle, Takamaru, Starfy) and at least 3 characters more popular in the West (Little Mac, Hippo, the Dog) and the rest got international appeal... 4 characters from two revived series (Kid Icarus, Punch-Out)... you've got several popular choices (Dixie, K. Rool, Zoroark, Little Mac, Takamaru, Starfy, Mii, Toad, Ridley) and some unexpected choices (Kiddy, Impa, Tingle, Meowth, Hippo, the Dog, Waddle Dee)... you've got 5 characters who appeared in games in the 21st century (Tingle, Zoroark, Starfy, Mii, Krom)... the rest are from the NES/SNES/N64 years and yet most of them appeared in post-Brawl games between 2008-2012.

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman
Okay, Mii on Smash 4 is just reeking of bad idea to me, but that's my opinion.

I mean, really, 99% of the time Miis are playable, they're usually on a casual game.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Okay, Mii on Smash 4 is just reeking of bad idea to me, but that's my opinion.

I mean, really, 99% of the time Miis are playable, they're usually on a casual game.
Mario Kart is pretty damn competitive. Almost every racing game is.

That, and the general way to play Smash is Casual, heh. So... what's your point again?

BTW, only the Tourneys are actually competitive by default. Smash leans more towards Casual, but just about every game can be made competitive as long as there's a goal to achieve.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
More than likely it is just coincidental, but if I had to wager which two series in the next game would be the recipients of a double helping my gut tells me Mario, Metroid, Pokémon or Donkey Kong.

On an unrelated not that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand. I've discovered a very bizarre meme going around Japanese Youtube channels. It makes no sense to me. Than again hardly any of the memes do.

@Arcadenik: Please do not tell me you are drinking the Impa Kool-Aid?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Meowth? He'd be cool to have in, but honestly, he doesn't really have a leg to stand in in terms of actually making it in to Smash

@Star- It's not that memes don't make sense, a lot of them are just too dorky to be funny, in my eyes

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
If we ever get a Namco rep, as much as I'd like a Tekken or a Soul character, pretty sure it won't be anyone other than Pac-Man (whom I'd also like in Smash)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Meowth? He'd be cool to have in, but honestly, he doesn't really have a leg to stand in in terms of actually making it in to Smash
Sakurai needs to do his studies on THAT matter. Nuff said there.

If we ever get a Namco rep, as much as I'd like a Tekken or a Soul character, pretty sure it won't be anyone other than Pac-Man (whom I'd also like in Smash)
I'd personally love to see Pac-Man VS Sonic. That'd be interesting.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Tekken had a Nintendo appearance?

Anyway, it depends if Sakurai wants to make up moves for Pac-Man or re-structure Nightmare's elaborate moveset. Or just use Lloyd Irving instead. He's got TWO swords, and a lot of his Techs could be made into A moves anyway. Only weaknesses is his meh voice and dialogue. Oh, wait, a lot of Tales of Symphonia has that problem. :p

D

Deleted member

I will now admit that Victini has no chance and will be nothing more than a Mew-like Pokeball. Might as well admit that they'll pick the 6th gen Mascot or *god forbid* Zoroark.

Just needed to get that out of me now.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
@Arcadenik: Please do not tell me you are drinking the Impa Kool-Aid?
Haha. You make it sound like it's a cult or something.

But in truth, I always play as Zelda... rarely as Sheik...I did want Sheik cut in Brawl because at the time, I believed that TP Zelda couldn't transform into Sheik. But of course there wasn't a suitable substitute for Sheik at the time... and Diddy Kong did not need much work convincing me to support Impa. I didn't see it before but he's right... Sheik and Impa are both Sheikah and Impa has been around much longer than Sheik has... and she's still appearing in Zelda games unlike Sheik. I support Impa just so Zelda can be her own character with a new Down B move while at the same time we keep Sheik's moveset and playstyle through Impa. It's like replacing Young Link with Toon Link, only it is Sheik and Impa.

:phone:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I give up.

I will now admit that Victini has no chance and will be nothing more than a Mew-like Pokeball. Might as well admit that Zoroark will be in since I've been feeling that scenario for awhile.

With that, I do not feel as my presence is necessary anymore and my hype for the game has drained a lot. Goodbye everyone.

:sad:
...Really? Are you ****ing kidding me? You came back, I saw your name, happy as all hell, and you bail on the character idea that you inspired me to continue on? Seriously?

...Fine, I'll do it myself. Do whatever you wanna do, man.

D

Deleted member

I give up.

I will now admit that Victini has no chance and will be nothing more than a Mew-like Pokeball. Might as well admit that Zoroark will be in since I've been feeling that scenario for awhile.

With that, I do not feel as my presence is necessary anymore and my hype for the game has drained a lot. Goodbye everyone.

Talk about ****ing random, dude...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I give up.

Not needed? We love your participation, man. That, and a lot of us want you to atleast finish the tally on your Poll in your Blog, the SSB4 character vote. :)

Not to mention, we like you here anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom