• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@SSBF: ??? Why so sad all of a sudden? That's not at all like you, losing game hype is understandable, but giving up on your favorite character after all this time!? :confused:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Sakurai needs to do his studies on THAT matter. Nuff said there.

I'd personally love to see Pac-Man VS Sonic. That'd be interesting.
Right. Sakurai even said that Meowth is a major Pokemon on the Brawl Dojo. Sakurai also said that Meowth is one of the famous Pokemon in Meowth's Brawl trophy.

:phone:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
SSBF, I only came back here hoping you'd come back. We love your insight on characters. Even your critisism is much appriciated. Your the only Victini supporter I know that actually pressed the character so greatly, just to grab a supporter. I respect that, and so does everyone else. If you leave, I may be the only Victini supporter around that'll defend him. But it is your choice. If you wanna leave, very well then. I respect your desicion, though I don't like it. But that's tough.

Cya around, bro.

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman
Mario Kart is pretty damn competitive. Almost every racing game is.

That, and the general way to play Smash is Casual, heh. So... what's your point again?

BTW, only the Tourneys are actually competitive by default. Smash leans more towards Casual, but just about every game can be made competitive as long as there's a goal to achieve.
My point is that games that have Miis are usually dumbed down for the gray-haired or small-toothed masses. I'm not sure you're getting what I mean... games are usually designed for either two demographics, the casuals (aforementioned elders and kids) and the hardcores (which, not to overgeneralize, usually branches healthy people that are not in either age state, unless they're legendary badasses). Obviously casual games can be played competitively and competitive games can be played casually, but that's not the target audience for that game.

I don't know how to make this sound any better, I'm sure it's already insulting someone as is.

Cover your heads and your noses, I smell a nasty type of storm.

Tekken had a Nintendo appearance?
I don't think so. Soul Calibur did however, so maybe it'd be awesome if we got Siegfried. Hopefully his non-emo SC V incarnation.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If its about the Impa thing, sorry.

Speaking of, one more week to go

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
My point is that games that have Miis are usually dumbed down for the gray-haired or small-toothed masses. I'm not sure you're getting what I mean... games are usually designed for either two demographics, the casuals (aforementioned elders and kids) and the hardcores (which, not to overgeneralize, usually branches healthy people that are not in either age state, unless they're legendary badasses). Obviously casual games can be played competitively and competitive games can be played casually, but that's not the target audience for that game.

I don't know how to make this sound any better, I'm sure it's already insulting someone as is.
They're playable characters in a Nintendo game. That's all that really matters. The whole demographics argument is rather crap for one reason; Smash is geared towards everyone, so is Wii Sports. Also, Casual is just playing the game whenever. Hardcore is all about playing it nonstop. No game is truly casual or hardcore. They're just a state of mind, not the game's design. Wii Sports can be very hardcore with tons of tournaments, people trying to get top scores, etc.

I don't think so. Soul Calibur did however, so maybe it'd be awesome if we got Siegfried. Hopefully his non-emo SC V incarnation.
Nah, Nightmare's the closest we have to an overall main character. He's the literal logo for Project Soul and is the face of Soul Calibur. Mitsurugi is the only other feasible choice due to him originally supposed to be the main character.

Heading off for the day, though.(will be back later)

@Diddy: Just keep it to your blog, please.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I give up.

I will now admit that Victini has no chance and will be nothing more than a Mew-like Pokeball. Might as well admit that Zoroark will be in since I've been feeling that scenario for awhile.

With that, I do not feel as my presence is necessary anymore and my hype for the game has drained a lot. Goodbye everyone.

:sad:
Dude, it's just a game. One that is not even anywhere close to being released.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Details on the new Fire Emblem:
- “Awakening” part explained: “Two sleeping dragons — one a sacred ally of mankind, the other its sworn destroyer. Two heroes marked with symbols of the dragons. Their meeting heralds the dragons’ awakening — and the world’s ending.”
- Krom is the main character
- Krom is the prince of the Kingdom of Iris
- He is of the Lord class
- Krom wields a weapon called the Sealed Sword Falchion
- Krom isn’t the only main character
- Make your own unit
- Choose gender, face parts, other areas
- The character you make becomes the other main character
- Meeting between Krom and this character is a big part of the story
- Free Maps: back from previous Fire Emblems
- With Free Maps, freely move across the map and purchase goods or battle
- Dual system: triggered when you enter battle while next to an ally
- You and an ally will battle together
- By taking advantage of the Dual system, your character will have increased abilities and the ally character can help out with attacks

http://nintendoeverything.com/82530/new-fire-emblem-awakening-details/

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman
They're playable characters in a Nintendo game. That's all that really matters. The whole demographics argument is rather crap for one reason; Smash is geared towards everyone, so is Wii Sports. Also, Casual is just playing the game whenever. Hardcore is all about playing it nonstop. No game is truly casual or hardcore. They're just a state of mind, not the game's design. Wii Sports can be very hardcore with tons of tournaments, people trying to get top scores, etc.

Nah, Nightmare's the closest we have to an overall main character. He's the literal logo for Project Soul and is the face of Soul Calibur. Mitsurugi is the only other feasible choice due to him originally supposed to be the main character.

Heading off for the day, though.(will be back later)

@Diddy: Just keep it to your blog, please.
Well, yeah, maybe you're right. Still, what would we get for a Mii? Premade moveset for the Mii itself? Clone moveset selection? Customizable moveset? It's not exactly a idea set to be in stone at first glance...

yani

Smash Lord
Just saw that a few mins ago..I think maybe a Duel FE could be pretty cool, but I'd still want Roy/Ike

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Coming straight from Rhythm Heaven Fever is the mini-game known as Built To Scale. There are a lot of ideas about how a Rhythm Heaven stage should or could be implemented, but all of the ideas I have run across all share the fact they are too complex. In addition to this I did not want to make this stage a clone of WarioWare, nor do I think it is all that likely either.

Built To Scale is a mini-game that is present in all three Rhythm Heaven titles, however, it was a little different in the first title. Large red rods bounce back and forth in rhythm to the music until a piston like objects propels them forward into a hole in between two squares that meet in the center. If this is hard to follow just watch this video.

Now enough of the background, let's move onto the stage. The stage itself is centered on a large green platform similar to the one in the photo above. A rather flat, unassuming stage with the only other platforms available being piston like structures bordering the outside of the stage to the left and right. The individual cubes comprising the stage do gleam different colors at times throughout the stage, a small effect that gives the stage more vibrant atmosphere. A gimmick to the stage is occasionally the piston platforms along the side of the stage will fire at squares along the background. Being on this platform as this action happens will result in a KO...

The background of the stage is like a Rhythm Heaven factory filled with cameos that all move in rhythm to the background music. Pistons fire rods into squares in synch to the background music, large mechanical claws screw heads onto little robotic bodies, a monkey holds the hand of a large clock as it high fives other monkeys rising out of holes bordering the clock's rim, an office resides above the stage in the background within this green factory and a pig spins in it's chair as it looks out the window. All of these cameos come together to breathe life into the stage and reinforce the Rhythm Heaven theme as each part moves according to beat. Think of the stage like Tick Tock Clock from Super Mario 64, except the trigger for the tempo is allocated to certain BGM that play.

Stage Example:

.....PP....__________....PP....

Stage Name: Built To Scale
Stage Icon:

-Tracks-
Rhythm Heaven DS - Built to Scale
Rhythm Heaven DS - Love Lab
Rhythm Heaven DS - Space Soccer
Rhythm Heaven GBA - Remix 6
Rhythm Heaven Fever - Ringside
Rhythm Heaven Fever - Remix 4
Rhythm Heaven Fever - Remix 7
Rhythm Heaven Fever - Karate Man (English)
Rhythm Heaven Fever - Karate Man (Japanese)
Rhythm Heaven Fever - I Feel Fine! (English)
Rhythm Heaven Fever - I Feel Fine! (Japanese)
Rhythm Heaven Fever - Credits (English)
Rhythm Heaven Fever - Credits (Japanese)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Details on the new Fire Emblem:
- “Awakening” part explained: “Two sleeping dragons — one a sacred ally of mankind, the other its sworn destroyer. Two heroes marked with symbols of the dragons. Their meeting heralds the dragons’ awakening — and the world’s ending.”
- Krom is the main character
- Krom is the prince of the Kingdom of Iris
- He is of the Lord class
- Krom wields a weapon called the Sealed Sword Falchion
- Krom isn’t the only main character
- Make your own unit
- Choose gender, face parts, other areas
- The character you make becomes the other main character
- Meeting between Krom and this character is a big part of the story
- Free Maps: back from previous Fire Emblems
- With Free Maps, freely move across the map and purchase goods or battle
- Dual system: triggered when you enter battle while next to an ally
- You and an ally will battle together
- By taking advantage of the Dual system, your character will have increased abilities and the ally character can help out with attacks

http://nintendoeverything.com/82530/new-fire-emblem-awakening-details/
My Unit in Smash after all? I think Chrome and him are the most likely characters from Fire Emblem to appear...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Well, yeah, maybe you're right. Still, what would we get for a Mii? Premade moveset for the Mii itself? Clone moveset selection? Customizable moveset? It's not exactly a idea set to be in stone at first glance...
Pre-made moveset.

Notably, Wii Music taunt.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I give up.

I will now admit that Victini has no chance and will be nothing more than a Mew-like Pokeball. Might as well admit that Zoroark will be in since I've been feeling that scenario for awhile.

With that, I do not feel as my presence is necessary anymore and my hype for the game has drained a lot. Goodbye everyone.

Geez, what's this you're saying SSBF?! If you do this, I will be disappointed on you FOREVER. Things were much better around here right now, so we expected you to come back homie.

But now this?! And not to mention, you just have to give up on your most wished character too. I remember how you showed how interesting Victini would be and everything. This was enough for me to put him in my roster. And it doesn't ever hurt to dream.

And I remember you being once against Lip's inclusion... but seems like I talked you over it so much that you actually started to support her. I was flattered by this so much.

I'm very disappointed on you now... but if this is what you want, then go ahead. But even if Victini won't make it, why does that be a vital factor for all the good things you have done here? Lip's my most wished character, even if not so likely as Starfy: I've acknowledged this fact many times, but I at least keep on seeing her appearance in Smash Bros anyway. Victini won't be like those Mew-characters, he would be at least attack and be powerful enough to KO: at least that's even MUCH BETTER than no appearance.

Also, I think these speak even better than I do.

Dude, it's just a game. One that is not even anywhere close to being released.
Neither it being in real actual development

Shortly, stop being foolish and try to consider coming back. You were a very huge contributor and have lots of things around here. We like you damn much. (-i^i-);
So why you think you're worthless around here after losing your hopes for Victini?

Skyleaf

Smash Cadet
I think I saw someone post movesets for both Isaac and Bandanna Dee. I'm very curious to see both, if they have been made. Anyone wanna help me out?

If its about the Impa thing, sorry.

Speaking of, one more week to go

I swear to god, I'm forced to believe Diddy has a f***ing calendar marking off the hours until he is "allowed" to talk about Impa again. >____>

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@SSBF: ??? Why so sad all of a sudden? That's not at all like you, losing game hype is understandable, but giving up on your favorite character after all this time!? :confused:
I know how he feels.

For one instance, I'd like to see Rosalina as a playable, but I also know that her odds aren't all that high. On the flipside, I'm strongly against Ghirahim, and yet I hear more about Ghirahim than I do with Rosalina.

I guess the LoZ franchise is just more desperate for someone new, compared to the Super Mario franchise, which has an easier time getting new reps; Ex.: Bowser Jr., Toad.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Whether my characters will be playable or not, I'm at least looking forward to their appearances. I'd be more than happy if my wished characters were at least remembered in some form: AT, music, even trophy. Ashley- and EBA-trophies... (-;ω;-)

Lip might not be playable until maybe 5ma5h, but if she's a well-done Assist with more epic songs from her games, that's so enough for me. I would wait for the playable slot longer too...

Though I dun think I can compare it to Victini...

But seriously, the game's development hasn't started, yet people are giving up on their wished characters. Why the heck?!

Star: This stage is just spoton dream representation of Rhythm Heaven. It has my fave minigame from Rhythm Tengoku, the first from DS, and they're even mixed in Fever?! (ARGH, SPOILERS!)

*spaz*

I wanna suggest some songs for this stage too, since I play Rhythm Heaven-series too.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Star: Interesting stage concept.

@Diddy: You're just throwing salt in open wounds.

I think I saw someone post movesets for both Isaac and Bandanna Dee. I'm very curious to see both, if they have been made. Anyone wanna help me out?

I swear to god, I'm forced to believe Diddy has a f***ing calendar marking off the hours until he is "allowed" to talk about Impa again. >____>
I can take a look in the Backroom for ya, I'm pretty sure those movesets have been made and posted at some point on this thread.

You're new and you already hate Impa, I can tell that you're a quick learner. ;)

EDIT: I checked. Nope, I couldn't find anything. Sorry.

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman
I'm not the type to have a wishlist of characters nor have I known SSBF for that long so I don't know what you guys are feeling... <_>

Xhampi

Smash Lord
I give up.

I remember feeling like that after Meowth comfirmartion as a pokeball pokemon in brawl, but don't stop supporting your favorite character especially when his only competition is Zoroark, yes it's a 50-50 ratio, but that's why you still have to keep to supporting and defending him, you have made many people change their mind about ? And seriously how can you give up about a character who have so many fans and chance to be in Smash 4 ? The only charcters who have that many chance to be in are Zoroark, Chrome, Ridley and K.Rool. You can't give up, not before he is comfirmed as a pokeball pokemon.
I don't know you that much other than the few message that i have seen from you on this thread and you don't know me at all, but even I ask you to stand tall face at the Zoroark fans, if even Victini fans give up, who will support him ?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I remember feeling like that after Meowth comfirmartion as a pokeball pokemon in brawl, but don't stop supporting your favorite character especially when his only competition is Zoroark, yes it's a 50-50 ratio, but that's why you still have to keep to supporting and defending him, you have made many people change their mind about ? And seriously how can you give up about a character who have so many fans and chance to be in Smash 4 ? The only charcters who have that many chance to be in are Zoroark, Chrome, Ridley and K.Rool. You can't give up, not before he is comfirmed as a pokeball pokemon.
I don't know you that much other than the few message that i have seen from you on this thread and you don't know me at all, but even I ask you to stand tall face at the Zoroark fans, if even Victini fans give up, who will support him ?
I remember how disheartened I felt when Meowth was deconfirmed again. I was furious, outraged, and sick with anger. Still, I cannot give up on Meowth. Most people may have been demoralized and given up on Meowth after Brawl but me... its really hard nowadays, especially with naysayers telling me that Meowth isn't too likely or Eevee is more likely... as long as Meowth is still relevant in the anime, I will keep pushing for Meowth... just one game is all I am asking... they can cut Meowth from Smash 5 for all I care... just give me a chance to play as Meowth in at least one Smash game. It is a major and famous Pokemon... Sakurai said so...

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I give up.

What is this I don't even

Not gonna lie I'm a little disappointed in you, bro. This is pretty disheartening coming from someone who was perhaps the biggest Victini for Smash supporter I've ever seen. I know this thread is a big hype-repellent, but patience is a virtue, my man. It'll be a little while, that's for sure, but the day when this game gets officially revealed will be a sweet one, and having a bunch of like-minded Smash fans there to speculate the game alongside you makes the whole wait for Smash 4 all the more fun. And after all, when all is said and done, we're only speculating on a video game where the ultimate goal of it is to just have fun, so stuff like this really shouldn't be taken seriously. I don't think you should just up and leave when you've made plenty of contributions to this thread and plenty of people here enjoy your presence in this thread.

And since you're leaving, who's gonna be in charge of the Backroom now? What about the whole Most Wanted SSB4 newcomer thing you've been doing? That's just all gonna go down the drain now?

But ultimately, I can't stop you from leaving (it seems that you've already left, in fact). So, if you really feel this way, then it's really sad to see you go. Until we meet again... :ohwell:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

Geez, it's still on like Diddy Kong?

Toise: ... (-=^=-)

*sigh*

If it makes such great contributors like SSBF leave, than maybe indeed.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I feel like Jigglypuff ****-blocked Meowth in Smash 64, and then he fell into depression and often found himself in bars. He came to Sakurai when Melee was announced, but Sakurai was like "You better shape yourself up. Get your drunken *** out of here." He committed suicide and never had his chance for Brawl.

Xhampi

Smash Lord

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Guess I'm alone on this, but all the Victini talk is only slightly less annoying than the Impa talk.
You have always had this thing against Victini, so it is not to surprising to me. I despise Pokémon discussion as a whole. It usually ends poorly for everyone involved. People should talk about fun things like music or stages. Music is about the only topic in this thread that does not result in fighting.

I wanna suggest some songs for this stage too, since I play Rhythm Heaven-series too.

Go ahead and make your suggestions.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
You have always had this thing against Victini, so it is not to surprising to me. I despise Pokémon discussion as a whole. It usually ends poorly for everyone involved. People should talk about fun things like music or stages. Music is about the only topic in this thread that does not result in fighting.
Remember last Summer, when everyone was making a support group for every character, until eventually people realized that drumming up artificial support through obsessive posting and Facebook groups probably wasn't such a good idea?

Can't agree with the no fighting thing though, I paid for blood.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Remember last Summer, when everyone was making a support group for every character, until eventually people realized that drumming up artificial support through obsessive posting and Facebook groups probably wasn't such a good idea?

Can't agree with the no fighting thing though, I paid for blood.
It is always fun trying to be the next Sons of Liberty movement, until people take a step back and realize how stupid it is.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I give up.

*Sees SSBF's name*
"Oh, hey, SSBF is back! :bee:"
*Reads post*
*Loses a little faith in humanity, then passes out unconscious on the floor*
WHAT?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom