• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
I can't wait anymore after 2013.

Who thinks a music composer For your custom stages in ssb4 would be cool?

:phone:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I don't mind cutting characters to make room for new characters. I wouldn't be very upset if these following characters didn't come back in SSB4... even if some of my mains get cut.

- Dr. Mario (don't come back!)
- Sheik
- Ganondorf
- Young Link or Toon Link (I prefer Toon Link but I still think a second Link is not needed)
- Ice Climbers
- R.O.B.
- Falco (I like Wolf better)
- Captain Falcon
- Jigglypuff
- Mewtwo
- Pichu (don't come back!)
- Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard
- Lucario
- Roy
- Marth or Ike (don't care which one)
- Ness or Lucas (don't care which one)
- Mr. Game & Watch
- Sonic
- Snake

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
But then again, SSBF brought up that 2014 would be Nintendo's 125th anniversary... so maybe Holiday 2014 so that they can end their anniversary with a bang?

@Arcade- You wouldn't be upset if Captain Falcon gets cut? wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

Seriously though, at this point, I can only see Smash's release being Holiday 2014 or Early 2015...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I never liked F-Zero and I am not a fan of Captain Falcon's moveset... I don't mind if he comes back... but I also don't mind if he doesn't come back. I am neutral towards Captain Falcon. They can go replace Captain Falcon with Captain Rainbow or Mach Rider for all I care.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Dude... listen to what you're saying... he is the mother****ing Falcon!!!!! C'mon now, just TRY to imagine a Smash game without "Falcon Punch!!!!!" or "Yes!"

It's like a Mortal Kombat game without "GET OVER HERE!" or Liu Kang's gibberish

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Oh, I see how it is... if someone says he doesn't mind a character getting cut, that translates into hating that character? That's silly... what I am saying is that... I don't mind if these characters get cut regardless of how likely or unlikely that is for some of them.

D

Deleted member

I'm thinking Smash 4 will be released on late 2014

The only ones that I would say are in any major danger of being cut are Toon Link (for Young Link), Sonic and Snake and even then I could see them return. Lucario could be cut due to time constraints, but I am having doubts about it since I think he will be prioritized before Brawl's guest and that Sakurai has been able to delay Uprising for over a year, so Sakurai could very well be given up to three years to develop it.

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
I don't mind cutting characters to make room for new characters. I wouldn't be very upset if these following characters didn't come back in SSB4... even if some of my mains get cut.

- Dr. Mario (don't come back!)
- Sheik
- Ganondorf
- Young Link or Toon Link (I prefer Toon Link but I still think a second Link is not needed)
- Ice Climbers
- R.O.B.
- Falco (I like Wolf better)
- Captain Falcon
- Jigglypuff
- Mewtwo
- Pichu (don't come back!)
- Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard
- Lucario
- Roy
- Marth or Ike (don't care which one)
- Ness or Lucas (don't care which one)
- Mr. Game & Watch
- Sonic
- Snake
Wow that's alot of characters!!! It wouldn't upset me that much if Toon Link, Sonic, Snake, and Falco/Wolf (only 1) got cut. I count the ones cut from Melee to Brawl as already cut, but the possibility of Mewtwo's return interests me.

Of some of those characters, I think updates, less clone-like movesets would make them more tolerable and fun.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Oh, I see how it is... if someone says he doesn't mind a character getting cut, that translates into hating that character? That's silly... what I am saying is that... I don't mind if these characters get cut regardless of how likely or unlikely that is for some of them.
Captain Falcon is still very likely to come back, especially since he's an original 12 member.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
For ssb4, If you had to, would you either choose-

A. An epic story mode with an awesome plot and character interaction

Or

B. 5 extra characters and 5 extra stages.

Aipom

Smash Journeyman

Or

That's a pretty tough call...... In all honesty, it would depend on who the characters were

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I would choose A, honestly

'Cause those 5 characters could be clones and the stages could be crappy, like say, Hanenbow

I'm a story fanatic, anyway

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I want the 5 extra characters and 5 extra stages. I don't even care if the 5 extra characters were Melee type clones.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I'd pick A if ONLY because that's what Sakurai's probably gonna go for. Otherwise, B. I liked clones like Pichu. I mained Pichu in Melee.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Captain Falcon is still very likely to come back, especially since he's an original 12 member.
Doesn't matter to me, I still would not get upset or go into a nerd rage on the Internet if Captain Falcon was cut. If he is still playable, I would go "meh, whatever"... that was my reaction when he came back in Brawl.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Or

Tough call. Although, having a story that's similar to that of the Subspace Emissary would still be a good thought.

D

Deleted member

Or

Not sure about that. Both would be nice, but

@Metal Overlord: I think that would work. Mario vs. Sonic, Pikachu vs. Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon vs. Samurai Goroh.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

Or

Depends on who the five extra characters are... and what the stages are...

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
With the character rivalry idea, if you combine that with Java's idea (the one about characters having their own seperate storylines in Adventure Mode), their rivals could be key components of each other's story, and maybe their stories could all end with them defeating/teaming up with their rival

The outcome of both rivals' final fight would be slightly different based on their perspectives

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Pichu's rivalry ideas are or more less the rivalries I would wanna see, because rivalries between characters from the same series would be kinda expected; the rivalries should be more dynamic

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Pichu's rivalry ideas are or more less the rivalries I would wanna see, because rivalries between characters from the same series would be kinda expected; the rivalries should be more dynamic
Like Yoshi and Ghirahim. :troll:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
With the character rivalry idea, if you combine that with Java's idea (the one about characters having their own seperate storylines in Adventure Mode), their rivals could be key components of each other's story, and maybe their stories could all end with them defeating/teaming up with their rival

The outcome of both rivals' final fight would be slightly different based on their perspectives
Well I did mention in my story plot about Ridley chasing after Bowser Jr. and Dedede. Maybe at some point, Samus would come to defend them from Ridley. However, her efforts would soon be in vain when someone else takes care of the two traitors.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Rivals? I have a few.

Lucario VS Mewtwo
Mario VS Sonic/Kirby
Snake VS Mewtwo
TLink VS YLink
Lucario VS Ryu
Mega Man VS Samus
Ameterasu VS Victini

@Metal Blood and enfored ratings.

Status