• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I was gonna do a Terminator analogy haha, but just went with DB 'cause they share more similarities than one might think :p

Yours is pretty accurate, too :laugh:

BTW, I wish Scratch, Grounder and Coconuts were all canon :urg:

D

Deleted member

Hey Johnknight1, Top Roster Candidates v2 is still going, so you can still vote.

I'm also really looking forward to seeing how the online improves. I expect it to be a solid experience.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
In my Digital media arts class, I'm suppose to make a poster of recreational use (Meaning I can make a poster of whatever I want). I want to do SSB4, but I need some character suggestions. Can you guys help? Right now, I have:
Victini (Duh)
Knuckles
Ridley

All characters will be different colors (Victini is Violet, which is my favorite, if you couldn't tell :D, Knuckles is Green, and Ridley is Black.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
In my Digital media arts class, I'm suppose to make a poster of recreational use (Meaning I can make a poster of whatever I want). I want to do SSB4, but I need some character suggestions. Can you guys help? Right now, I have:
Victini (Duh)
Knuckles
Ridley

All characters will be different colors (Victini is Violet, which is my favorite, if you couldn't tell :D, Knuckles is Green, and Ridley is Black.
Maybe a red Starfy?

:phone:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I was gonna do a Terminator analogy haha, but just went with DB 'cause they share more similarities than one might think :p

Yours is pretty accurate, too :laugh:

BTW, I wish Scratch, Grounder and Coconuts were all canon :urg:
LOL I was gonna do a John Travolta one... until I realized 95% of the films he are in are awful! :laugh: (and he isn't really an all-star quality actor)
Hey Johnknight1, Top Roster Candidates v2 is still going, so you can still vote.

I'm also really looking forward to seeing how the online improves. I expect it to be a solid experience.
Send me a link then sawwwwnnnn!!!! :awesome:

Hopefully smash's future online actually is playable online. That would be a nice start. :smirk:
In my Digital media arts class, I'm suppose to make a poster of recreational use (Meaning I can make a poster of whatever I want). I want to do SSB4, but I need some character suggestions. Can you guys help?
Do Ridley. Have Ridley eating all the people involved in the Penn State scandal.

Your poster wins, and the world is (or at least represents) a happier universe. :laugh:

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Some ol bull****, we talkin about anime on this forum again?

What's worse, we're not even discussing the good parts of said anime Gotdamn!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Anyways, it is nice to hear from ya' guys again. I hope I didn't make you guys get TOO DEPRESSED without me being here. I know me not talking to Omega, for example, made him slip into a depression so bad, he thought Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing was the greatest game of all-time! :laugh:

Also, y'all missed my pointless "MEEGGGGGAAAAA MANNNNN!!!!" for Super Smash Bros. Wii U and Super Smash Bros. 3DS banters. So I'll do it again. "MEEEGGAAAAAA MAAANNN!!!!!!" Happy yet=??? Oh, you're not=??? Okay then, "MEGGGGAAAA MANNN!!!" "MEGGAAAA MMMEEEGGGAAAA MEEEEGGGGAAAAA MMMMMMMMAAAAAAANNNNNNNN!!!!"

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Victini (Duh)
Knuckles
Ridley

A Black Mewtwo with red eyes would be sweet. Oh add Saki too!

If Mega Man gets in, then I hope it's Classic Mega Man and I also hope we get Pac Man alongside him
Hopefully I'm not that big on 3rd parties anymore though.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Since Viewtiful Joe has no chance of gettin' in, I just want Sonic and Snake to stay and I also hope Classic Mega Man gets in too, then I'm all set for third parties

I'm more worried about Mewtwo, Roy, K. Rool and Dixie Kong

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I am officially on Christmas Break as of yesterday at 2 o'clock! Hooray! Nothing to do until next year!

:phone:

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
You're asking me Iblis?

I believe that based on his lucrative knowledge of / respect fo nintendo history and cunning methodology for how to appeal to the fans. The director will choose appropriate characters that will blend ie work well with the previous cast throughout Smash history.

This will include a selection of notorious Nintendo titles of the current market.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Since Viewtiful Joe has no chance of gettin' in, I just want Sonic and Snake to stay and I also hope Classic Mega Man gets in too, then I'm all set for third parties

I'm more worried about Mewtwo, Roy, K. Rool and Dixie Kong
Mewtwo seems pretty likely at this point, but who knows- he might not even be that important in the story of the new game. But something about the time travelling tells me different. I deffinatly hope he makes it in as well.
Roy seems pretty unlikely to me however. There are much better FE characters to choose from, he'll likely just be a Marth-clone again or a slight Luigified one. However if we get around 3~4 Fire Emblem characters it's a slight posibility. But besides for Chrome I don't really see who could logically be a good contender for the spot... And that's assuming Ike stays of coarse (which I prefer over Roy's return). And if a GBA-Fire Emblem character makes it I'd rather have Hector actually.
K.Rool & Dixie, I guess either one or both will make it. And it'd be satisfied with either.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I'd just like to present my Tom Nook moveset.
Stance: Tom Nook stands casually, holding a shovel.
AAA- Punch, Kick, Shovel whack.
F-Tilt- A Drop Kick
U-Tilt- He thrusts his shovel upwards after a short hop. This is a powerful tilt.
D-Tilt -He plants his shovel in the ground and swings around it, kicking adjacent opponents.
f- Smash - He does a forward flip and smashes an axe downwards.
U-Smash - he spins an umbrella upwards, inflicting multiple hits.
D- Smash- He does a small hop, then thrusts his shovel downwards.
Dash - A shovel dive.
Nair - A mid air kick forward
Fair - A forward shovel slash
Uair - an upwards punch
Bair - a tail swipe
dair - a leg spinning move.
Ledge attack- A flipping kick
getting up - a upwards tail swipe.
Neutral B- Slingshot- He shoots a rock out of a slingshot. Very basic projectile.
Side B- Axe Spin - he spins forward with an axe. similar to the IC's side b.
Up B - Umbrella ascension - Similar to peaches up-b, except that you can make Nook spin the umbrella. This is the only timeit does damage after the initial rise.
Down B- Dig-Up - Tom nook digs up a fossil or Gyroid and can throw it as a projectile. Gyroids dance around and hit multiple times.
FS - UFO - Many animal crossing characters assemble on the stage. The ufo crashes into it, and the characters panic. Both these things do damage.

Tell me what you think!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's a good enough moveset to work, but I'm not really for the idea of having Tom Nook playable. If it would happen, he would've been in Brawl probably.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Eventually, I'm gonna try for a not-fighting moveset similar to Phoenix Wright for Tom Nook. Note, this doesn't mean I'm visualizing him with a similar playstyle, but rather that his attacks deliberately make him look out of place amidst the action.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Eventually, I'm gonna try for a not-fighting moveset similar to Phoenix Wright for Tom Nook. Note, this doesn't mean I'm visualizing him with a similar playstyle, but rather that his attacks deliberately make him look out of place amidst the action.
Nuttin no go so!
- I'm addicted to this tune!

Anyways, yeah I'm kinda opposed to characters who are not really fighters and have no real potential to.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Nuttin no go so!
- I'm addicted to this tune!

Anyways, yeah I'm kinda opposed to characters who are not really fighters and have no real potential to.
Why? All you're really doing is trying to stick to just conventions. Think outside the box for a bit. I really wouldn't say no to anything unless it's "physically impossible (i.e. a Goomba) or the character didn't add anything new to the table.

While I skipped out on UMvC3, I still gotta say that Phoenix Wright's moveset was a stroke of genius, and no character plays like him.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Idea for an E3 trailer

White backdrop (reminiscent of Nintendo's recent marketing set ups)

The notorious sound effect of a 1-up mushroom ques the start of the clip.

As the mushroom pans into the screen, a distorted purple figure swoops in from the depth of the screen. All you see is a big purple claw attempting to snatch up the mushroom.

Startled, Toad (the mushroom) runs for cover while being chased towards the screen. The focus is white again.

A somewhat invisible figure comes into view at the center, meanwhile blurred in the distant background two more figures enter from the left battling from right to left. The first one to enter summons up great stones from ground and hurls them at the other figure levitating above him.

Center stage becomes the focus again as Paper Mario twists his figure in sideways like he is checking for something. He's not safe as three blue bursts of energy wiz past! He reverts to his translucent state before hopping out to the left. All the while the two figures are still battling in the background.

You can visibly see the first figure tug and roll leftward, the levitating figure emits a sphere of purple energy for defense. On one knee, the first figure raises his shield to deflect the second figure's rapid fire. Both exit to the left.

Center left , a negative lighted star twinkles in the distance (white backdrop mind you) running in at a curve towards the screen to the right, Link reaches top speed and raises his sword to strike. As he strikes, the camera focuses on him turning so you see the upper half of his right side. His sword clashes with a ray-gun.

The clash sound effect (from Smash 64 intro) marks the flood of colors to the backdrop as the first stage is unveiled. Panning out to resemble the standard Smash fight sequences, link knocks Fox's Ray gun out of his hand and fox resorts to hand to hand combat. The pan out seamlessly transitions from CGI to the first developments of the new SSB4 fighting engine (pikachu and kirby are present during the fight).

The overall battle adds more and more complexity to the stage (explosions and noises) the screen begins to darken (cue distortion) and blacks out in an instant.

The name of the next Smash is Finally revealed and details follow.

Mario has his back turned towards the camera in the shadows. Turns his head over his shoulder , Smirks, then disappears into the shadows.

Trailer ends with "Let's a go!" Wii U 2014
That's all I've got.

If anything like that were to go about, my predictions for the next set of commercials would involve, but not limited to, these revealed: {Slime | Prof Layt | KRool | Saki Amamiya}

And likely some characters from Operation Rainfall, Pokemon, and Fire Emblem.

Think outside the box for a bit. I really wouldn't say no to anything unless it's "physically impossible (i.e. a Goomba) or the character didn't add anything new to the table.
I've always enjoyed that you challenge the group to think beyond the standard.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
In an interview Sakurai mentioned: "And of course, we looked at games like Animal Crossing and Nintendogs, where there aren't really any characters that lend themselves to fighting, and we decided not to include characters from those series as fighting characters."

That doesn't mean he will not change his mind, but it looks dismal that an Animal Character will appear as a selectable smasher.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Why? All you're really doing is trying to stick to just conventions. Think outside the box for a bit. I really wouldn't say no to anything unless it's "physically impossible (i.e. a Goomba) or the character didn't add anything new to the table.

While I skipped out on UMvC3, I still gotta say that Phoenix Wright's moveset was a stroke of genius, and no character plays like him.
Goomba Mini Moveset (only specials.
A moves would be a variety of kicks, slides, and headbutts.
B - Rolling Chomp - Inspired by Goombas attacks from SMRPG, he rolls forward and bites. Fairly powerful, and good for approach.
Side B - Goomba Charge -Goombas attacks from the 3d games, he rushes forward. Slow, yet powerful.
Up B - Paragoomba flight - He sprouts paragoomba wings and flies upward. It is excellent for recovery, but does no damage.
Down B- Kuribo stomp - He gains a Kuribo's Shoe, jumps up and comes down hard. Much like yoshi's down B.
FS - Kuribo Vengeance- He gets in a giant Kuribo's Shoe and starts jumping around.

In short, (almost) anything is possible.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
In an interview Sakurai mentioned: "And of course, we looked at games like Animal Crossing and Nintendogs, where there aren't really any characters that lend themselves to fighting, and we decided not to include characters from those series as fighting characters."

That doesn't mean he will not change his mind, but it looks dismal that an Animal Character will appear as a selectable smasher.
Especially Tom Nook, since he's a side character. :awesome:

Though I guess Kuma just does it for fun. I think I have problems separating people that just like a character and think it'd be COOL from people who think that character is HAPPENING and would be a good addition.

"I like Waluigi." "That's cool"

"I think Waluigi is likely." "NOW YOU ****ING DONE IT."

Yes, yes. That is how things should be.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Especially Tom Nook, since he's a side character. :awesome:

Though I guess Kuma just does it for fun. I think I have problems separating people that just like a character and think it'd be COOL from people who think that character is HAPPENING and would be a good addition.

"I like Waluigi." "That's cool"

"I think Waluigi is likely." "NOW YOU ****ING DONE IT."

Yes, yes. That is how things should be.
I would say Tom Nooks the most important character in the series. You work at his shop, he gives you a house, and he's often considered the villain.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So, I have a list of Characters for my poster project, with your guy's assistance:

Victini, Dixe Kong, Ridley, Issac, Mega Man, Knuckles, Misty, and Little Mac.

Thanks alot, guys!

Also, I have something neat to announce, but lemme grab my food here... (I'm eating SPAGETTI :awesome:).

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Can't we just laugh at people that think walugi is likely?

To think, we got a cube for a 'Wario' Stage with Ashley singing showtunes.

Yeah, chances are pretty legit.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
It seems the end of the year is coming along quite nicely, and with that, comes closer and closer the true christmasd present we've all been waiting for: SSB4 information.

I had this planned for awhile, but I decided to make a Journal in the blog section. I'll be holding my critic on SSB4 there. Denied or not, it'll happen somewhere. I did it with Brawl (Not here, but Live, at my school), and they loved it, so I'm doing it again.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I would much prefer Tom Nook over anything else Animal Crossing has to offer, just because he isn't generic, he's cute, and he shows up in most of the games (I think). Similar to Tingle. Not IMPORTANT, but has a fanbase, and shows up a lot.

Also, I can see why people like Ghirahim, he has a definite personality, something a lot of Zelda characters lack. He also has a moveset that writes itself. I actually think PHI would be a cool character as well. She's very elegant, and skaty. I love her demenor as well. Still doubtful for LoZ characters in general, but Ghirahim has likeable traits, definitely. I don't think he's going to be TOO WELL RECIEVED here though. Oh, and I would like to note, I've had like, 25 votes since last week on my poll, none of them being Ghirahim.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Animal Crossing? Stages/Music specialty :) KK Rider was awesome.

So, do ya'll have a list of the top three characters you want in Sm4sh? Mine is:

#1. Victini
#2. Lucario
#3. Young Link

I'd vote for Arceus, but...:awesome:

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I wouldn't mind Ghirahim involved in Smash brothers.

Awesome dude.

His voice over should be someone badass like the VA that does Freiza (Japanese)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom