• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the info Yani!

Eevee is the main Pokemon? That's pretty cool to see it getting the spotlight since Pokemon XD. Indeed, it seems that Jigglypuff and Mewtwo are also pretty important Pokemon characters as well in this game.

If this game becomes popular, these Pokemon might all be supported more (perhaps even Eevee :D).

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
The **** is this?
Que? Gamestop? O_o?

All of the Ghirahim mentions fill my heart with rainbows. Although where the heck is the Groose support coming from?

If I could go through each comment and sift through each suggestion and draw a list excluding the suggestions that have no chance I would. That just seems daunting work for very minimal results. Not surprisingly it is there most commented updated.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I shouldn't talk about Smash with my lady. She tells me Ghirahim is getting in and that's that. Not gonna argue.

So, FINE, Star. Fine.

Also you're probably a monster for not liking Groose.

yani_

Smash Ace
Thanks for the info Yani!

Eevee is the main Pokemon? That's pretty cool to see it getting the spotlight since Pokemon XD. Indeed, it seems that Jigglypuff and Mewtwo are also pretty important Pokemon characters as well in this game.

If this game becomes popular, these Pokemon might all be supported more (perhaps even Eevee :D).
No prob! My guess is Eevee's the main PKMN because there's a lot of different evolutions for it, which will probably play a factor of some sort

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I think Mewtwo may be the most requested character for the next game. People can say what they want about Ridley, but I am looking all over the place and he seems to be the number one character that keeps coming up.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Who cares, Nintendo ruined my dream of a Dragon Quest Monsters x Pokémon crossover. :(

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think Mewtwo may be the most requested character for the next game. People can say what they want about Ridley, but I am looking all over the place and he seems to be the number one character that keeps coming up.
What comes next? Zekrom gets represented as a fighter? Reshiram would be jealous.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
What comes next? Zekrom gets represented as a fighter? Reshiram would be jealous.
I am not talking about the crossover game I am speaking generally. Since the topic of Mewtwo and Pokémon came up I just wanted to make that comment. Goodness, it is just like last night when people thought I was saying that Dixie Kong had a better chance of being playable just because I found a toy of her on Walmart. Sheesh.

D

Deleted member

I am arriving to the same conclusion. Mewtwo and Roy are the two only characters with very high demand in Japan and Roy struggles to find a large audience outside of Smashboards oversea., whereas Mewtwo is generally accepted for someone that should return. There also something to note; the most wanted character from Melee and Brawl were Bowser and Sonic respectively and both got in. If Sakurai adds in the most wanted character, it will be Mewtwo. Sadly, I do feel as we will not find out if Mewtwo returns until SSB4 is released, so we are up for a long wait.

That being said, I am also starting to come to the conclusion that when taking into account individuals Pokemon, Mewtwo is the most likely addition. While I would be shocked at the lack of a 5th/6th gen rep, Zoroark, Victini, and a possible 6th gen mascot will have to compete against each other. Mewtwo not only does not have to worry about competition with Pokemon newcomers, it is also likely the most wanted character period, was the closest to finish of the Forbidden Seven, is now relevant to the public eye again, is easily the most missed of the cut vets, and one of the most popular Pokemons period (just behind Charizard in the IGN poll).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just named myself Gul Dukat in a Star Wars game.

Let the flaming begin

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Plus he can pop peoples heads like a cherry with both hands tied behind his back. Genesect would nibble on whatever is left.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
A clear indication that Pokemon can carry about just fine while working with 5 generations of characters.

Oh Japan.

_

We're keeping the run on gag: Mewtwo Returns!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm pretty sure we'll get a Gen 5/6 Pokemon anyway. It would be rather silly for Sakurai to have four 1st Gen, and nothing of the others. Presuming Lucario gets the boot for Mewtwo and PT stays the same. It's also silly in general. There's over 400 Pokemon, and instead of a new one, we get an old one back? I just can't see there not being atleast two new Pokemon characters in general(like usual). Whether or not some get the boot. Albeit, that'd be 10(or more if multiple Pokemon at once like PT) or more throughout Smash... for one series. Nothing else gets that treatment, oy.

Anyway, I still realistically predict a new 1st Gen(perhaps Meowth), and a 5th Gen, if it's anything like the Melee and Brawl.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I am not talking about the crossover game I am speaking generally. Since the topic of Mewtwo and Pokémon came up I just wanted to make that comment. Goodness, it is just like last night when people thought I was saying that Dixie Kong had a better chance of being playable just because I found a toy of her on Walmart. Sheesh.
To be fair, Shorts was saying it's not like that toy boosts her already high chances.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Don't worry, I get Star.

Yet for some reason, I don't get Strong...

_

B, my MMX would be my Hype Revival.

I just named myself Gul Dukat in a Star Wars game.

Let the flaming begin
So.... Anyone planning on getting The Old Republic?
In other news, Sakurai is now a proud owner of a PSVita
Good now Sakurai shall realize that Nathan Drake should be the snake equivalent in Smash 4.

My reaction predictions to 3rd parties:

Slime - Japan : HOLY ****, America : Wut?

Mega Man/Ryu - Japan : Meh, America : Meh

Nathan Drake : Japan : Wtf, America : WTF HYPE

@N: Whatever happened to Rockman?

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Well...

First there was

[COLLAPSE="This"]
[/COLLAPSE]
Then there was

[COLLAPSE="This"]
[/COLLAPSE]
THEN THERE WAS

[COLLAPSE="THIS!!!"]:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
[/COLLAPSE]

and Finally there was This

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
^^Well I like MMZX. :p

It's a good thing for Rockman there's this:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Also what about this: being able to turn directions in the air? Would step up the game a lot I think, and require more skill. Reverse Fairs and Bairs anyone? Mind****s to the max.
With the right mechanics to make it doable without messing anything up, and you're looking at more depth. Not only that, but that would now mean you can change edge grabbing back to the Melee way - you have to face it to grab t.

http://youtu.be/b-HIlN9bnj0

Does this effect anyone's opinion on Animal Crossing representation in general? Star? New stage ideas?

ANYTHING? I'm just so 'CITED.
I'm excited. The game's getting a more custom feel that it's been really needing along with just more stuff to do.

I got a new move for Tom Nook: Mortgage Contract!

Shows a mortgage contract with a beam shooting out the interest rate.

The lack of Pikachu disturbs me... Hey there is Mewtwo though at least. This is one bizarre crossover, I was actually expecting a Pokémon X Dragon Quest Monsters crossover. That title just seems like it would have print money in Japan. Ironically this is the same series that Takamaru had a cameo in on the Wii.
I'm gonna take a guess Pikachu is not shown is to show that Pokemon is more than Pikachu. Pikachu's like Miku where people think of one specific character to their respective "franchises" so they want to expand the image.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I have a basement full of stringfish. I think I'll give them to Nook and let him keep the money, on the condition that he stays out of Smash. He'll do anything for money.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I am arriving to the same conclusion. Mewtwo and Roy are the two only characters with very high demand in Japan and Roy struggles to find a large audience outside of Smashboards oversea., whereas Mewtwo is generally accepted for someone that should return. There also something to note; the most wanted character from Melee and Brawl were Bowser and Sonic respectively and both got in. If Sakurai adds in the most wanted character, it will be Mewtwo. Sadly, I do feel as we will not find out if Mewtwo returns until SSB4 is released, so we are up for a long wait.

That being said, I am also starting to come to the conclusion that when taking into account individuals Pokemon, Mewtwo is the most likely addition. While I would be shocked at the lack of a 5th/6th gen rep, Zoroark, Victini, and a possible 6th gen mascot will have to compete against each other. Mewtwo not only does not have to worry about competition with Pokemon newcomers, it is also likely the most wanted character period, was the closest to finish of the Forbidden Seven, is now relevant to the public eye again, is easily the most missed of the cut vets, and one of the most popular Pokemons period (just behind Charizard in the IGN poll).
Stop it, you're making me excited for Smash 4 again :(

WHAT THE ****?

Did not see coming.

Mewtwo might play a big role as well.
Lol, same here

If Pokemon is messing with Samurais, Mewtwo better get his Spoon. :laugh:
LOL

O_O Holy flying ****! I did NOT see this coming at all! Since when did PKMN (SSB excluded) ever cross over with a different game?! Gentlemen, this is huge news! I must study this at once.
And ironically, Smash Wimp isn't around when there actually is some big news :laugh:

I'm glad to see that you feel this way :grin:

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I doubt this game is coming to the US a lot of people are saying it's Japan exclusive so I don't really care about this game.

:phone:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
And ironically, Smash Wimp isn't around when there actually is some big news :laugh:
Don't worry about him. I'll tell him about it.:awesome::bee::);)

I dunno, but I saw the gameplay, and it looks friggin amazing! I think this game is going to be quite successful, but I'm not 100% sure yet. The Pokemon team has never done this before, so spring is where it's at (Right?). Anyways, here's a clean version of the trailer that was on Pokebeach:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb9sQerXrcE
It shows gameplay footage.

@Opelucid Judging that this is their first cross over, I highly disagree, if they want money.

If from what I heard is true, Mewtwo is playing a role involving time travel. Uncomfirmed, but I REALLY hope so. Also, is it true that you can play as the characters shown? If so, I main Groudon :awesome:!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Wasn't Mewtwo like, created by scientists? If so, how can he live in samurai-Japan?? Do samurais have hyper cloning technology now?

Ah time travelling... Now I see!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well lets hope Sakurai takes note from this.

And I somehow think Groudon and Zekrom are the main enemies. Mewtwo would be the anti-hero kind of figure in here I'm thinking. And Jigglypuff and the girl are the love interessts for the Eevee and trainer. Anyhow, this is pretty cool so far.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Well lets hope Sakurai takes note from this.

And I somehow think Groudon and Zekrom are the main enemies. Mewtwo would be the anti-hero kind of figure in here I'm thinking. And Jigglypuff and the girl are the love interessts for the Eevee and trainer. Anyhow, this is pretty cool so far.
It's already proven that the guy with the Eevee is the main protagonist. The girl seems to be some sort of ally. Mewtwo looks like an anti-hero, no doubt. But this game is huge. It'll affect Sm4sh in some way, be it little or wide. BTW What if SSB4 had that kind of gameplay as an optional game style (Like stanima, stock, etc)? Would you guys like that..?

BTW The three main legendaries of Black/White aren't called the Musketeers:

In The Anime Department
Kyurem VS The Sacred Swordsman - First Plot Details

The Official Site has updated with the first plot details of the upcoming movie; Kyurem VS The Sacred Swordsman. While most of the actual plot does still remain unrevealed, we do now know that Kyurem and the Swordsmen; Cobalion, Terrakion and Virizion battled in the mine in the mountain in the past, which created an Ice Dragon Gate in the process of battle so they could battle on the other side. However, now it's in the present, Kyurem appears again and the Swordsmen are back, ready to do battle with it. We'll bring more details as and when it comes.
(Serebii)

This movie looks awesome. Only because Terrakion is in it :)

As for new releases..:
New Game Reveal Next Month

The new CoroCoro issue, released this week, has announced that a brand new Pokémon game is to be revealed. However, unlike people expect, this reveal isn't coming at Jump Festa but is in fact coming in the issue of CoroCoro next month, due out on January 14th 2012 in what they call a world first shocking announcement. It's currently unknown what game will be revealed, whether it will be main series or not but we'll provide information a few days before CoroCoro's release. Be sure to watch the site in case it comes early

(Serebii)
First, a cross over, but something else now. Something tells me I shouldn't vote for Gray... I think the bold defines that.

So just to get a conversation going, what series should PKMN cross over, if you had the choice? I'd choose:
Pokemon and Legend of Zelda,
Pokemon and Sonic (Would be sick, don't you lie ;))
Pokemon and Kirby (Kirby: PokeStar Revolution, a title suggestion ;))

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Who are the swordsmen? And what this with Pokemon mixing up with swordplay all of the sudden?? Are you fighting as the samurai himself to in this game you think? Humans vs Pokemon?

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Don't worry about him. I'll tell him about it.:awesome::bee::);)

I dunno, but I saw the gameplay, and it looks friggin amazing! I think this game is going to be quite successful, but I'm not 100% sure yet. The Pokemon team has never done this before, so spring is where it's at (Right?). Anyways, here's a clean version of the trailer that was on Pokebeach:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb9sQerXrcE
It shows gameplay footage.

@Opelucid Judging that this is their first cross over, I highly disagree, if they want money.

If from what I heard is true, Mewtwo is playing a role involving time travel. Uncomfirmed, but I REALLY hope so. Also, is it true that you can play as the characters shown? If so, I main Groudon :awesome:!
I guess I agree if it makes a lot of money in Japan I can see it coming over to the U.S. I guess this game will boost Mewtwo's chances of returning.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Who wants to bet in 6th gen they'll make a Fire/Water-type Pokemon

It'll be a pot of boiling water with an angry face
I always said a Stove with a hat that's a pot with hot water in it :laugh:

Who are the swordsmen? And what this with Pokemon mixing up with swordplay all of the sudden?? Are you fighting as the samurai himself to in this game you think? Humans vs Pokemon?
The Swordsmen are Terrakion, Cobalion, and Virizion.

In the new released game, you fight as the Pokemon in a turned-based RPG format, like Disgaia and Final Fantasy Tactics.

@Opelucid Definatly. This game proves very different from other PKMN Games. MD can't compare. Another thing to consider is that last scene with the lite figure. Who could it be..? I have two guesses: Arceus or Ho-Oh. Or perhaps something new entirely..? Also, Reshiram hasn't been sighted yet. Could this mean that the man with the Zekrom is the Black Hero of that time? Also, I wonder if you can collect PKMN on this game... If you can, they better beef me up with Lucario Lol

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
They probably involve Kyogre and or Reshisham in the sequal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom