• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Let's discuss Lucario, Why do peaople hate this awesome pokemon ?
I don't hate him, I actually want him to stay since he's my secondary and all I think some people only hate him because they think he "replaced" Mewtwo when we really don't have any proof that he did.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Don't expect to see anymore 1st generation pokemon the only reason Sakurai included PT is because Fire red/Leaf green were recent and they featured the most memorable patch of pokemon.
No.

Sakurai included PT because he thought the idea of switching between playable Pokemon was a cool idea and he thought he'd be fun to play as. Simple as that

Who? I don't, I was actually pissed that I couldn't fight Lucario with Mewtwo and vice versa in Brawl

v What other reasons would he have for putting a character in?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Lucario? Probably because he's awesome.

Where's Steam when you need him? :awesome:

@Metal Overlord: That's not entirely true...

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I don't hate him, I actually want him to stay since he's my secondary and all I think some people only hate him because they think he "replaced" Mewtwo when we really don't have any proof that he did.
To me I believe Lucario is way more Iconic than Mewtwo, While both have the same physiques , Lucario is more of a fighter (even thought the way he was represented in SSBB being floaty like Mewtwo was) while Mewtwo is more of pokeball type of pokemon.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
WELL YEAH, Lucario kind of did. I mean, IT WASNT ONLY HIM, but there is a reason why he was in Brawl, along with PT, and Mewtwo was not. So yeah, he kind DID replace Mewtwo in a sense. But Sakurai wasn't like, from the begning. "LUCARIO IN, MEWTWO OUT"

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
If you take a look at things such as the Melee poll and some things Sakurai stated on the Melee dojo, Bulbasaur, Charizard and Ash were all requested by Japanese fans.

Having them be one character is just a bonus.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
WELL YEAH, Lucario kind of did. I mean, IT WASNT ONLY HIM, but there is a reason why he was in Brawl, along with PT, and Mewtwo was not. So yeah, he kind DID replace Mewtwo in a sense. But Sakurai wasn't like, from the begning. "LUCARIO IN, MEWTWO OUT"
Don't you think Sakurai saw Lucario more fitting than Mewtwo for a Smash game?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Don't you think Sakurai saw Lucario more fitting than Mewtwo for a Smash game?
No, he saw Lucario as a newcomer, take precidence over a veteran. Mewtwo was GOING TO BE IN BRAWL, just... ran out of time. And people would rather see a newcomer than a vet.

To me I believe Lucario is way more Iconic than Mewtwo, While both have the same physiques , Lucario is more of a fighter (even thought the way he was represented in SSBB being floaty like Mewtwo was) while Mewtwo is more of pokeball type of pokemon.
Basically, no.

Also, I SAW MEWTWO ON THE DAILY SHOW.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
No, he saw Lucario as a newcomer, take precidence over a veteran. Mewtwo was GOING TO BE IN BRAWL, just... ran out of time. And people would rather see a newcomer than a vet.

Basically, no.

This is true.

Also Mewtwo certainly showed up Herman Cain. :laugh:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
If you take a look at things such as the Melee poll and some things Sakurai stated on the Melee dojo, Bulbasaur, Charizard and Ash were all requested by Japanese fans.

Having them be one character is just a bonus.
Forgot about that. But still, it kinda helps prove my point that PT didn't get in for the reason Ike Sama said (that they got in because FR/LG was recent at the time or whatever)

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92

Basically, no.

Lucario advanteges over Mewtwo:

Fighting type pokemon. (Natural for a fighting game)

Kyoshinkai.

Aura sphere is more Iconic to Lucario than Shadow Ball to Mewtwo.

Lucario isn't legendary.(I dunno why I included this but seems legendary pokemon are hogging alot of fame).

He is awesome.

He has one of the most awesome looking Final smashes (SHINKU HADUKEN..opps I mean Aura Storm).

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero

You don't need to be a Fighting type at all to fit in Smash

Case and point: Pikachu

Kyoshinkai.
No.

Disregarding the accuracy of this statement for a moment here, exactly how is this an advantage?

Lucario isn't legendary.(I dunno why I included this but seems legendary pokemon are hogging alot of fame).
Nah son

He is awesome.

He has one of the most awesome looking Final smashes (SHINKU HADUKEN..opps I mean Aura Storm).
These are subjective and irrelevant, therefore, not advantages

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Mewtwo starred in the biggest Pokemon movie ever, during the height of the Pokemon craze, and was a catchable legendary during this time. I'm sorry but, no NON 1st gen Pokemon compare to him.

PikaCharTwo. The BIGGEST POKES EVER.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

Kyoshinkai.

He is awesome.

Courtesy of Starphoenix.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528

Kyoshinkai.

He is awesome.

I don't think Lucario being a fighting type had anything to do with his inclusion in Brawl... if being a fighting type Pokemon actually mattered we would have seen one in SSBM or SSB

Mewtwo starred in the biggest Pokemon movie ever, during the height of the Pokemon craze, and was a catchable legendary during this time. I'm sorry but, no NON 1st gen Pokemon compare to him.
What are you talking about? Magikarp is comparable to Mewtwo... wait what am I talking about he's better! :awesome:

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Awhile back before Brawl I must have been in like 5th grade I actually wanted Hitmonlee, Hitmontop, and Hitmonchan to be playable...

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92

The biggest pokemon movie ever was pokemon 2000 and it starred Lugia.

These are subjective and irrelevant, therefore, not advantages
-.- it ain't nuclear science Mew two wasn't in Brawl and Lucario was in brawl end of story.....who ever begun their SSBB with brawl will sure miss mr.Lucario if it was replaced by Mewtwo in SSBU(which is impossible unless Sakurai was an idiot).

yani_

Smash Ace
No.

Sakurai included PT because he thought the idea of switching between playable Pokemon was a cool idea and he thought he'd be fun to play as. Simple as that

Who? I don't, I was actually pissed that I couldn't fight Lucario with Mewtwo and vice versa in Brawl

And to add to this , Red is the most recognizable trainer, and he had/has all three of those starters ;)

Awhile back before Brawl I must have been in like 5th grade I actually wanted Hitmonlee, Hitmontop, and Hitmonchan to be playable...
I want Hitmontop to make a pokeball appearance

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
The biggest pokemon movie ever was pokemon 2000 and it starred Lugia.

-.- it ain't nuclear science Mew two wasn't in Brawl and Lucario was in brawl end of story.....who ever begun their SSBB with brawl will sure miss mr.Lucario if it was replaced by Mewtwo in SSBU(which is impossible unless Sakurai was an idiot).
Not EVEN close... Pokemon: The First Movie made over $160 million worldwide while Pokemon: The Movie 2000 made $133 milion. I follow box office so I know what the hell I'm talking about. Go look it up on Box Office Mojo; the first movie even grossed almost TWICE as much 2000 did in North America: $85 million compared to $43 million. Do some REAL research before you make inaccurate statements like this.

And yet again, Mewtwo being "awesomer" than Lucario and having a "better Final Smash" is completely irrelevant and has absolutely nothing to do with Mewtwo not being in Brawl and Lucario being in Brawl. Mewtwo not being in Brawl doesn't mean he can't come back, we don't even know WHY he was cut, it could have easily just been time constraints (which is believable since Sakurai stated in a post-Brawl interview that there are characters he wanted to include in Brawl that didn't make the cut, I'll give you the link to it soon after this to prove it). Same thing for Lucario, he could easily get the boot in Smash 4 just like Mewtwo got for whatever reason. Try formulating a real argument against me before trying to come at me like I sound like I'm on drugs or some ****...

D

Deleted member

I don't but I think it's due to fans being very bitter over losing Mewtwo and really wanting Mewtwo to return. Personally, I'd be happy if either returned (and ecstatic if both did).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd say that newcomers were given more importance than Veterans with the Forbidden 7. Or the the more notable newcomers(Diddy Kong over Dixie, Lucario over Plusle & Minun, etc.), specifically the clone veterans.

It's also possible between Mewtwo and Lucario that Lucario would sell more being of current Gen. It's really not known. Then again, I'd take newcomers over Veterans in this case. New blood is a good thing.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I'd say that newcomers were given more importance than Veterans with the Forbidden 7. Or the the more notable newcomers(Diddy Kong over Dixie, Lucario over Plusle & Minun, etc.), specifically the clone veterans.

It's also possible between Mewtwo and Lucario that Lucario would sell more being of current Gen. It's really not known. Then again, I'd take newcomers over Veterans in this case. New blood is a good thing.
The forbidden 7 to me are a myth there is nothing that support there existance other than these files they migh've been planned DLC costume because all of these character relates to a character in-game Lucario/Mewtwo,Dr.Mario/Mario,Zelda/Toon Zelda, Diddy/Dixie,Roy/Marth, these characters might have moves alteration and spead,power alteration.

but Sakurai never talked about them so unless Sakurai said something the Forbidden7 = the ones who got cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom