• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Wait... DL only? i'm confused, heh.

Oh yes i'd LOVE an Arceus! I'm in Australia though, that'll still work, right? RIGHT? :p
I'm pretty sure it'll work, we'll just need to trade friend codes.

PM me later this week if you're still interested, I'm stuck at a college without my DS on me right now. ;)

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Wait... DL only? i'm confused, heh.

Oh yes i'd LOVE an Arceus! I'm in Australia though, that'll still work, right? RIGHT? :p

And yes Mew i would also love. I think he might be my second favourite pokemon although i love all of them in at least some way. ^^
Where do people get all of those SSB4 fan signature things?! D: Those are so neat...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I definitely want some exclusives stages. I hope all the characters are the same in both games, heh.

And yes, the only way to get some Pokemon is to download them online.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
So, how about we have a positive topic for a change?

Who is for Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS having exclusive content that are not characters? Mainly in the realm of stages, music, trophies, and other things.
Hmmm music would have to be wouldn't it? At least, they'd have to have lower quality music on the 3DS I'm guessing? To save space I suppose. I GUESS, I don't really know how that stuff works. I'm guessing they couldn't take some orchestrated WiiU track and make it more suitable on the 3DS with the click of a button, could they?

More importantly, stages. I really DON'T want to have the same stages on both versions. I want really crazy, flashy stages on the WiiU. The 3DS should have some that take advantage of the 3D effect, I think. That wouldn't get in the way of the fighting, would it? I remember Sakurai didn't want any gimmicky motion sensing junk because it got in the way of WHAT IS IMPORTANT. SO ANYWAY, if the stages are different, the music choices would subsequently be different as well, yeah?

Off the top of my head, not sure what to do with trophies.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Aww, i was having fun talking about pokemon...

Ahh, well the fuhnny thing is I have my DS on me now. I can give you my friend code now, and you can tell me later.

Also, be aware, it's actually my friend's DS. He's lent it to me (for as long as i want) so i think he'll get a big surprise when he finds an Arceus. not even my other friend (who is a pokemaniac, no joke) has an arceus, but then again he hasn't beaten Platinum, which is interesting because i have, and easily (well actually, not as easily as red, but it didn't take me nearly as long as, say, catching this Zapdos). Maybe it's because i grew up with pokemon? I have an instinct to win. :D

@Holder of the heel: We can't thank Starpheonix enough for those. He's modest, but he's a great artist when it comes to computers. :)

Hey star, how did you get Deoxys? Btw is this on Platinum? Is there a way to get him on platinum?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Good point Star, all we talk about is a Universal Roster, not content.

Although I don't have too many ideas for it right now other than your stage idea.

@Oasis: Techically I think you can turn the 3D off, so I don't think it really matters.

@Luco: Well just remind me later this week and I'll see what I can do for ya, for all I know I may have some extra event Pokemon at hand.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hmmm music would have to be wouldn't it? At least, they'd have to have lower quality music on the 3DS I'm guessing? To save space I suppose. I GUESS, I don't really know how that stuff works. I'm guessing they couldn't take some orchestrated WiiU track and make it more suitable on the 3DS with the click of a button, could they?

More importantly, stages. I really DON'T want to have the same stages on both versions. I want really crazy, flashy stages on the WiiU. The 3DS should have some that take advantage of the 3D effect, I think. That wouldn't get in the way of the fighting, would it? I remember Sakurai didn't want any gimmicky motion sensing junk because it got in the way of WHAT IS IMPORTANT. SO ANYWAY, if the stages are different, the music choices would subsequently be different as well, yeah?

Off the top of my head, not sure what to do with trophies.
Naturally the music would be different with each game. I am interested in how they would go about figuring out which stages should be exclusive to either system? They could also have different returning stages for each title.

Hey star, how did you get Deoxys? Btw is this on Platinum? Is there a way to get him on platinum?
Actually I traded with somebody online for him. You can go to Gamefaqs and get people to trade Pokémon with you easily.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'm guessing the 3DS couldn't handle larger stages with that small screen. That would probably factor into the selection. Just imagine Hyrule Temple on that thing with one character on one end and another character on the other. AWFUL.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Whoa... you're awesome. *__* These look so nice and there are so many. Could I use some and reference you in as the maker?

Also 3DS and Wii U exclusive things? I thought they were suppose to be linked together to do the same thing, just the 3DS was more personalized and that was the edge to make you want it purchased in addition? Though I suppose they could add some exclusive stuff, although that'd make me feel as if each one has a hole where the stages and such the other has could be.

Also, sorry for lack of knowledge, but do we know if 3DS people can play online and vs. people playing on the Wii U? I don't know much. D:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I'm gonna try Jubilife City to find the friend code. ^^ *Is trying now*

Also, Charmander wasn't very well done in Platinum IMO, how did they do him in B&W?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm guessing the 3DS couldn't handle larger stages with that small screen. That would probably factor into the selection. Just imagine Hyrule Temple on that thing with one character on one end and another character on the other. AWFUL.
No, I do not see many large stages either. What I do see is a lot of stages on the 3DS making use of the 3D element while stages on the Wii U make use of the HD resolution and textures. Each stages will have their enhancement from the respective system.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hmm, i dunno, i'm not sure if thats right... Hey Star do you know where to find friend code on DS? Is it the 9 digit one on the back?

I wonder if that means the console after the Wii-U will have 3-D....

Hmm, I'm trying to make a collection of legendaries see :p

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
No, I do not see many large stages either. What I do see is a lot of stages on the 3DS making use of the 3D element while stages on the Wii U make use of the HD resolution and textures. Each stages will have their enhancement from the respective system.
Way to paraphrase what I was trying to say. JERK. >:

When are you going to make a stage selection list for each game? :3

Also, sorry for lack of knowledge, but do we know if 3DS people can play online and vs. people playing on the Wii U? I don't know much. D:
NOPE. That won't happen.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Whoa... you're awesome. *__* These look so nice and there are so many. Could I use some and reference you in as the maker?

Also 3DS and Wii U exclusive things? I thought they were suppose to be linked together to do the same thing, just the 3DS was more personalized and that was the edge to make you want it purchased in addition? Though I suppose they could add some exclusive stuff, although that'd make me feel as if each one has a hole where the stages and such the other has could be.

You do not have to reference me, but if you choose to that is up to you. Go ahead and grab what you like. If you want to see good wait until Hextupley00DOT comes back. :D

There is not much information on what exactly the plan is because Sakurai has not even really established any. I just know from a business point of view there is going to have to be exclusive content in order to get a person to purchase both versions. Having some type of exclusive content that are not characters are great ways to do that without alienating the fan base.

I do not know if we can or cannot. Nintendo has barely said anything about the Wii U let alone future compatibility between the two. All I know is there is a possibility the Wii U may be able to support 3DS systems being used as a controller.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hmm, i dunno, i'm not sure if thats right... Hey Star do you know where to find friend code on DS? Is it the 9 digit one on the back?
Actually the friend code you are going to need is actually from the Pokémon Platinum game itself. You will find it on your trainer card in the Pokémon Centers.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
^^Seeing as a few of those stages concepts are mine, to be nice the same applies to me.

Hmm, i'm going to have to connect to Wi-Fi to use it. Any suggestions?
Many places have free Wi-Fi nowadays.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
With trophies, it's kind of a wild idea, but maybe the 3DS version can have its own set of trophies that can be used with that AR thing. Like a sort of TCG, only the T stands for Trophies.

EDIT: I'm going to leave that there even though I just realized how dumb I sounded. IT WOULD BE A TTG. TRADING TROPHY GAME.

EDITEDIT: Which is kind of a weird acronym to use. Why not Collectible Card Game. Or Collectible Card Battling Game. Yeah. Seezibeegie.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Oh, Star, did you consider putting in my Mother stage in there? Only if it's worthy of course, it's just i'd feel bad making it a whole thread. :)

Oh guys it looks like i've got to go, this library computer only gives me two hours and my time is almost up. I'll talk to you guys later, maybe tomorrow :)

Byyyyeeeesss!

D

Deleted member

So, how about we have a positive topic that everyone can engage in for a change?

Who is for Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS having exclusive content that are not characters? Mainly in the realm of stages, music, trophies, and other things. I mean they are going to have to have something to entice people to buy each version. I think it would be interesting to have exclusive stages. For example, on the 3DS you may have a Super Mario 3D Land level while on the Wii U you have a New Super Mario Bross. Wii (possibly NSMBWiiU) on the Wii U.
I'm all for it.

On the recent Pokemon debate, we want generation rep to be fair, but the truth is, it won't be thanks to Sakurai. Because of this, the only realistic options we have are Mewtwo, Zoroark, and Victini and we all know we won't be getting all three.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Let's see, what kind of stages could be exclusive to each system?

3DS:
Mushroom Kingdom 3
Temple of Time
Sector Z
Rainbow Road
Orange Star Headquarters
Skyworld (Brawl)
Pirate Ship (Brawl)
Pictochat (Brawl)

Wii U:
Athletic (New Super Mario Bros. Wii)
Skyloft
Hyrule Castle Interior
Urban Ruins
Gaur Plains
Bridge of Eldin (Brawl)
Mario Circuit (Brawl)
Norfair (Brawl)

This is not supposed to be exact I am only throwing out some ideas.

Oh, Star, did you consider putting in my Mother stage in there? Only if it's worthy of course, it's just i'd feel bad making it a whole thread. :)

Oh guys it looks like i've got to go, this library computer only gives me two hours and my time is almost up. I'll talk to you guys later, maybe tomorrow :)

Byyyyeeeesss!
Mother stage in where? My stage concept thread? Just PM me.

On a random note. Sakurai's cat is just screaming to get the LOL treatment. http://twitpic.com/7o6zvd

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Stages?

3DS:
Mushroom Kingdom Zero(as in 64 version)
Hyrule Castle
Saffron City
Bowser's Castle
Planet Zebes Remake #4(seriously, how many times will they remake this and Brinstar Depths?)
Mother 1 Stage

Wii U Stages:
Great Bay
Bowser's Castle(different version)
Luigi's Mansion
Pirate Ship
Skyward Sword Stage

...Yeah, that's all I can think of.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
YESSSSSSSSSSS. I'm serious. He doesn't NEED to come back. The 1st Gen is overrepped enough. Deoxys is a perfectly fine choice anyway. And a popular Legendary too. In fact, it's the only 3rd Gen Legendary I really see here being wanted as a character. Perfect choice. Since Pokemon Trainer will most likely being using 1st Gen again, skipping one single Gen is pointless completely. If every Gen but it are going to be in, it's just a kick in the face to anyone who like the R/S/E games. No reason to kick those fans' faces in. Just rep 'em all, or keep it to 3 1st Gen(slots) and 1 5th Gen like normal. I'm fine with that too. But don't skip one for no good reason.
There are other ways that you can represent 3rd gen besides playable characters, you know

And besides, Mewtwo was planned to be in Smash since the original, so yes, he needs to come back

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, and this is coming from someone who grew up with and loves the 2nd and 3rd gens just as much as 1st gen

Simply put, there's always going to be a sect of fans somewhere who will be disappointed that their character didn't make it. You can't please everyone, there isn't much point in trying to

I think it's because you're either DENYING the fact that they're massive, or don't REALIZE the BIGNESS of them.

Me and Star are going to go STRAIGHT MII PARADE ON YOU NON BELIEVERS.
WAIIIIIIIT FOR ME
Yeah but the more debating comes with more stupid as well. :)
As long as no one whines, debates are the best
But Little Mac is a definite shoe-in.
NOT A SHOE IN

But near shoe in, yes. He's probably the "most likely" candidate so far.

I tried to please EVERYONE with this roster. The only place I may have messed up, would be Toon/Young and Ghirahim. But other than that, I think I did WELL.

100/100. That is all
Just give up Spydr! You can never do the amount of research that Hyperfalcon has done.
Because it's zero.
Power of research > Vets

Yeaaaaaa---- (Gets shot). It depends on how you use it.

Btw, Neku from TWEWY is appearing in KH 3DS. Minor news is minor

[collapse=Ivysaur]Neutral B - Seed bullet--- Whatever you call it

Erp. Same neutral B but NOW...... (Drum roll), while holding B, you can aim it. YES. This works in ground and air.

Forward B - Leaf--- boomerang? ****.....

Um..... It's the same I guess. Maybe it should travel faster

Upward B - Tether

Now grabs the opponent and slams him on the ground dealing 12% damage. WHOOP.[/collapse]

[collapse=Playstyle descriptions : Part 2]Zero Suit Samus

Zamus is pretty much a straight forward rush down character. She can easily string specials and normals PLUS air normals to each other plus she has great range. Unfortunately, she lacks defensive options especially if the enemy is below her and hard hitters can be quite a scare for her.

Mewtwo

Mewtwo is what people dub "A god" (Well sort of.... I guess). His moves are powerful, quick and extremely versatile and he can easily adapt to any situation. Recovering is no problem for him and so is KOing and comboing. He can also keep away well. Despite all of this, Mewtwo is like a cracker. He's extremely easy to KO, he's even KO'able at 50 - 70%.

Lucas

Lucas is a keep away character. All of his attacks are unusually a bit slow but the cover a lot of range and have high power and priority. His projectiles are also helpful to his keep away game such as his PK freeze. He can also power up his damage using PK love and he can deal with any projectile using his PSI Magnet. WELL.... Lucas' motion seems a bit... "Spastic" or maybe laggy is the word so Lucas is easily punished at times. He also has trouble recovering since his PK thunder is easiy.... edgeguarded all the time.[/collapse]
60,000th post goes to Shorts with his fantabulous roster. *Claps* *Claps*

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Yeah I think Shortie has done the best roster mock up so far. Sure there are a couple of names I'd prefer, and I know some people will complain about the lack of third party characters, but that does not take away from how well it looks. Browny points for at least considering Ghirahim and the WarioWare character fills my heart with rainbows.

Very nice job 10/10

Stages?

3DS:
Mushroom Kingdom Zero(as in 64 version)
Hyrule Castle
Saffron City
Bowser's Castle
Planet Zebes Remake #4(seriously, how many times will they remake this and Brinstar Depths?)
Mother 1 Stage

Wii U Stages:
Great Bay
Bowser's Castle(different version)
Luigi's Mansion
Pirate Ship
Skyward Sword Stage

...Yeah, that's all I can think of.
It is a little weird how you have a Luigi's Mansion stage exclusive to the Wii U adaptation when Luigi's Mansion 2 is going to be for the 3DS. lol

I have been trying to think of how to do a list of stages. To me it would make sense that each games have different returning stages. Like Oasis brought up earlier Skyworld would be pretty redundant with Skyloft, so why not move Skyworld to the 3DS version exclusively as the Skyward Sword stage is exclusive to the Wii U? That way it gives two Kid Icarus stages for the 3DS version, the console the series is being rebooted on after all, while the Wii U version will only have one new Kid Icarus stage. Likewise Pikmin could only have one new stage for the 3DS while the Wii U has two stages. I am still trying to figure out in my mind how it would all work. These are just some ideas.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Like Oasis brought up earlier Skyworld would be pretty redundant with Skyloft, so why not move Skyworld to the 3DS version exclusively as the Skyward Sword stage is exclusive to the Wii U?
HA. YES. YOU SEE? VERY STRONG. BD

By the way, Tryphen, where ever you are, I hope you agree that Pit needs his crawl. YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. So ridiculous and silly. Come to think of it, that was probably a remnant of Samus's Morph Ball mechanic. LIKE BROTHER AND SISTER~

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Bye the way, Tryphen, where ever you are, I hope you agree that Pit needs his crawl. YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. So ridiculous and silly. Come to think of it, that was probably a remnant of Samus's Morph Ball mechanic. LIKE BROTHER AND SISTER~
I was wondering why they left that out. They didnt even give Pit a crouching animation that looked like it.

Although in OM&M, he couldn't crawl...
I know way too much about KI :p

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Which brings up an interesting point. I have an idea of how each character with recent releases can or should change.

Mario:
+Down B should go back to being his spin. This time being his spin move from Galaxy
+Should have a ground pound move

Link:
+Running animation should be reflective of Skyward Sword
+Side B should change to become Skyward Strike.
+Grab animation should remain the Clawshots

Luigi:
+Down Special should definitely become the Poltergust
+Give him a little more of his cowardly personality

Bowser:
+Side Special or Side Smash should be a large punch
+Have the ability to manipulate flame breath further

Ganondorf:
+Side or Neutral B should become his magic ball attack.
+Change to an improved Ocarina of Time appearance

Donkey Kong:
+Dash attack should be his roll
+Should have a taunt with him blowing the ground

Marth:
+Shadow Dragon DS redesign

Fox, Falco, Wolf, Ness, and Lucas:
+CHANGE THEIR FINAL SMASHES!!!

Anyone have any other ideas?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Speaking of morph balls, I know the topic of giving Samus a morph ball mode has been tossed around a few times. What do you guys think the main features of the Morph Ball should be? I'd like to see it being a quicker means for Samus to move around along with using Shinespark, bombs, anti-gravity bombs (Metroid Prime), and the ability to jump while using it, and making the transition at least as quick as the 2D Metroid games.

The more and more I think about it, I can't help but wonder how would you be able to apply some of the other famous attacks of Link and Samus in Smash.

D

Deleted member

@Starphoenix: I feel as the Ground Pound move should Mario's Down Smash. Would you think that?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
How would a ground pound move function as a Down Smash? Especially when his existing Smash attack is already functional. :o

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah Morph Ball would be awesome. It should be able to do a Boost Ball, do regular bombs with B, and Power Bombs with B charged perhaps. No idea for Up B though.

But I seriously hope Samus gets some work done. Super armor frames for her Up Smash would also be very nice I was thinking. Missiles need to be better, and Charge Shot be as strong as it used to, also spamable in a way like in the games.

And I actually agree with most Starphoenix said there.

As for Ganondorf, I hope they keep his moves which are unique from C.Falcon in his moveset. Meaing the Fair, Side B (it suits him very well) USmash, and Ftilt. As for the new moves, I'd like a new Zelda to inspire me for that.

Bowser should use his claws more, for perhaps extra range and sweetspots on his moves. Imagine Ftilt like that.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Marth:
+Shadow Dragon DS redesign

In other news, I've finished my latest stage concept, and I think it's one the will change how we look at "selecting a stage..."

I'll post it later today when I finish studying for my Japanese final. ;)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Mario:
Ground Pound should DAir, giving him a pseudo dive kick.

Link:
Side B should be something else. I think Skyward Strikes should be on charged Smash Attacks. USmash should be his vertical spin. FSmash should be changed just slightly where instead of an angled attack, he does it horizontally. Aside from that, Link definitely needs a revamp and so does Samus.

Ganondorf:
I don't see the what the big deal with the light ball is. It was in one game and they gave it to Phantom Ganon in Wind Waker. After OoT, they've put him in sword fights. Speaking of which, I really think that they need to at least give him the twin swords from Wind Waker. Best amount of potential there.

Ness and Lucas:
This one is actually very easy. Give Ness PK Rockin' Omega as a fireball Final Smash. Give Lucas PK Love Omega as a beam with high knockback.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'd like the WW twin blades on Ganon, but I want him to reappear in Zelda first, then decide how his moves should be.

Also I disagree with Berseker's idea that Mewtwo should be a very light character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom