• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hi Guys! I'm still having trouble catching Zapdos on Platinum... I've even gotten him down to slim red health and Ultra/Quick balls won't work at all. Since i'm the type of trainer who mainly gives his pokemon attack moves, my mains don't know any status moves (Unless they get it as a side effect of, say, a thunder attack).

i have a lvl 53 golbat that i just caught that has mean eye but as you can imagine it doesn't compare to a lightning pokemon. ;)

Any suggestions? I also recently caught a graveler (lvl 49 i think) but i can't find the move tutor that teaches Block. maybe it's my imagination but i thought block could be taught to gravelers outside of Heartgold/Soulsilver?

Sorry for being so off topic! Hmmm, I'd have to go back and take a second look at Diddy's down B to make a decision...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Because Jigglypuff was one of the Original 12 Smashers, and for that matter was important to SMASH by having some nostalgic worth, which I'm sure Sakurai realized. Soooo basically you are saying we will see something like this?

-Pikachu
-Jigglypuff
-Pichu
-Mewtwo
-Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle)
-Pokemon Trainer (Ivysaur)
-Pokemon Trainer (Charizard)
-Lucario
-Zoroark/Victini/Genesect
-Deoxys/3rd-generation Trainer
Yes.

While that may be ideal to some, it really does not matter what you and I prefer. Simply because we are not designing the roster. SAKURAI is. And he obviously doesn't have a problem with leaving out a generation here and there, OR "overrepping" the first-generation.

Also, beware of patterns... we've only had two sequels.
In every game, we've had one more 1st Generation Pokemon after Pikachu, or, basically, besides veterans, 1 extra one. Likewise, Jigglypuff may not have made it, as noticed by her lack of importance in the SSE. Key term being may.(thus, we don't need to go in if she was officially going to be in originally or whatnot. I would've liked Plusle and Minun myself.) Also, it's not like the only Pokemon boss was... 3rd Gen, as were a good chunk of the Pokeball Pokemon. It's clear he considers it important in some way due to what was put in. However, Lucario would sell more at the time due to current Gen. Thus, it's really he was shoehorned in to sell more than fair rep. As I said, I prefer fair rep more than pure popularity. Not a fan of shoehorned characters either.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Just give up Spydr! You can never do the amount of research that Hyperfalcon has done.
Because it's zero.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Honestly... don't bet on seeing 10 Pokemon reps... I can syay with 99.9% confidence that that isn't going to happen. Let's not forget that there are other series in the game that need representation... not just Pokemon. It's not like there is an unlimited amount of space on the roster either.

In every game, we've had one more 1st Generation Pokemon after Pikachu, or, basically, besides veterans, 1 extra one. Likewise, Jigglypuff may not have made it, as noticed by her lack of importance in the SSE. Key term being may.(thus, we don't need to go in if she was officially going to be in originally or whatnot. I would've liked Plusle and Minun myself.) Also, it's not like the only Pokemon boss was... 3rd Gen, as were a good chunk of the Pokeball Pokemon. It's clear he considers it important in some way due to what was put in. However, Lucario would sell more at the time due to current Gen. Thus, it's really he was shoehorned in to sell more than fair rep. As I said, I prefer fair rep more than pure popularity. Not a fan of shoehorned characters either.
Obviously Sakurai is going to put a lot of third-generation stuff in. He doesn't hate it or anything, he realized that it needs some representation. Third-generation wasn't released before Melee, so putting some popular third-gen Pokemon in Brawl was an obvious move.

But notice that no character/Pokemon from third-gen was PLAYABLE. As far as we know, the only thing Deoxys was considered for was a Pokeball Pokemon. That was several years ago. If Sakurai didn't care to make any third-gens playable back when third-gen was actually more popular and recent, why would he now?

And again, it does not matter what you and I prefer. We are not making the roster. Sakurai is. And obviously, he doesn't seem to care about "fair representation."

Just give up Spydr! You can never do the amount of research that Hyperfalcon has done.
Because it's zero.
But it is up to us to enlighten the future generations of speculators! We can not fail them in this time of need! :bee:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Honestly... don't bet on seeing 10 Pokemon reps... I can syay with 99.9% confidence that that isn't going to happen. Let's not forget that there are other series in the game that need representation... not just Pokemon. It's not like there is an unlimited amount of space on the roster either.
We have no idea the exact space. Thus, this isn't a good argument here. Also, there's not that many slots in comparison if it's just 5.

Obviously Sakurai is going to put a lot of third-generation stuff in. He doesn't hate it or anything, he realized that it needs some representation. Third-generation wasn't released before Melee, so putting some popular third-gen Pokemon in Brawl was an obvious move.

But notice that no character/Pokemon from third-gen was PLAYABLE. As far as we know, the only thing Deoxys was considered for was a Pokeball Pokemon. That was several years ago. If Sakurai didn't care to make any third-gens playable back when third-gen was actually more popular and recent, why would he now?

And again, it does not matter what you and I prefer. We are not making the roster. Sakurai is. And obviously, he doesn't seem to care about "fair representation."
That's why I hate Lucario in Brawl and would rather have any 3rd Gen than him ever. He was not really a good enough addition to throw out an entire Generation of possible playable reps. Because that's all he did, only because of meh popularity. You know my stance on it anyway. Fair is better than popularity. So let's move on.

Also, if that was Plusle and Minun, and not the Random Button, then he definitely considered them for playability, but kept it as a Boss instead, just like Ridley.

D

Deleted member

HyperFalcon said:
ecause that's all he did, only because of meh popularity. You know my stance on it anyway. Fair is better than popularity. So let's move on.
Meh? Lucario is more popular then a 5th gen Pokemon can ever hope to be and is one of the top 10 most popular none-1st gen Pokemon in existence. It beat out Zoroark in the IGN poll.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
We have no idea the exact space. Thus, this isn't a good argument here. Also, there's not that many slots in comparison if it's just 5.

That's why I hate Lucario in Brawl and would rather have any 3rd Gen than him ever. He was not really a good enough addition to throw out an entire Generation of possible playable reps. Because that's all he did, only because of meh popularity. You know my stance on it anyway. Fair is better than popularity. So let's move on.
Why would you bring Pichu back simply for the sake of being a second generation representative (who was considered a joke character by Sakurai and cut from Brawl after having considered the idea)? And why would you put both Deoxys and Mewtwo at the same time who are two legendary Psychic types, one being uncertain since he was merely in a ball in Brawl and the other was cut in Brawl for whatever reason (not from time contraints I doubt since they were working on the game until they felt it was done, I believe Sakurai said.) Deoxys to me though in my opinion is far more interesting though less popular, his forms would make a sweet moveset, or costume set if they could have something better in mind.

Anyways, Lucario is great to many people, I personally like him. And no, fairness does not greater than sign popularity, this is a game where they want you to buy and play the most well-known and loved characters. That is why they stuff the first generation full like a turkey on Thanksgiving, the fans like it a whole lot more than the rest. I'd like some fairness, yes, but that statement is simply not true. They even have polls for fans to influence what the roster looks like to an extent, so do you call following the consistency of votes fair... or following popularity?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Why would you bring Pichu back simply for the sake of being a second generation representative? And why would you put Deoxys and Mewtwo who are two legendary Psychic types, one being uncertain since he was merely in a ball in Brawl and the other was cut in Brawl for whatever reason (not from time contraints I doubt since they were working on the game until they felt it was done, I believe Sakurai said.)
Please name another second Gen rep. Also, so what if Deoxys is Psychic? He still has many differences from Mewtwo in general.

Anyways, Lucario is great to many people, I personally like him. And no, fairness does not greater than sign popularity, this is a game where they want you to buy and play the most well-known and loved characters. That is why they stuff the first generation full like a Turkey on thanksgiving, the fans like it a whole lot more than the rest. I'd like some fairness, yes, but that statement is simply not true. They even have polls for fans to influence what the roster looks like to an extent, so do you call following the consistency of votes fair... or following popularity?
I don't give credit to characters who don't deserve it. He could've been in with Plusle & Minun, who would've been just as interesting. Just yet another overpopular character. He's not worth skipping an entire list of 100 Pokemon for. That's pretty much all he is. Never liked him either. But it's not just that bias, it's how he was shoehorned in to sell stuff instead of looking at more possible choices.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Alright, I'm done with this. It's getting nowhere. Just remember this: It doesn't matter what is fair and what is not. Sakurai obviously doesn't care about "fair representation", and Sakurai is the one making the roster. Not you.

Goodnight e'rybody.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'd play that

(actually really like the background)
YEAH. I WIN.

Because it's zero.
You can't. I tried once, and I umm, actually... died.

And then I was reborn, and realized none of the characters I like besides Krystal have a real shot at becoming playable. No Deoxys. No Pichu Bros. No Midna. No Kanan. No Caeda. NO ONE I WANT.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ooooh, shortie, got my roster review? Sorry to keep asking you, it's just i was hoping i wouldn't have to go through 20 pages to try and find it XD

Also shortie you're good at pokemon right? I have a post on the last page i was hoping you could answer.

Also, wasn't lucario mainly put in because of the movie? I may be mistaken here but i thought the movie was pretty popular, so it makes sense to me.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Alright, I'm done with this. It's getting nowhere. Just remember this: It doesn't matter what is fair and what is not. Sakurai obviously doesn't care about "fair representation", and Sakurai is the one making the roster. Not you.

Goodnight e'rybody.
"Well since you can't beat me in a debate because I'm immensely stubborn, my point still stands oh ho ho ho."

That is what you can expect after any discussion with Hyperfalcon.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yeah First gen gets a lot of recognition in the public because it... well... was the first gen. After second or third a lot of people started to become sick of pokemon. By this time I was still pretty young, my brother thought that pokemon was like beating a dead horse (to some extent he still does), so i kind of went along with it, although i still liked the series so i didn't totally believe him. then I played Platinum.... And liked it. :)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Ooooh, shortie, got my roster review? Sorry to keep asking you, it's just i was hoping i wouldn't have to go through 20 pages to try and find it XD

Also shortie you're good at pokemon right? I have a post on the last page i was hoping you could answer.

Also, wasn't lucario mainly put in because of the movie? I may be mistaken here but i thought the movie was pretty popular, so it makes sense to me.
Oasis told me to be nice to you, so I WONT YELL AT YOU FOR ASKING. Umm, well, I get out of school next tuesday, pm me it AGAIN then, and I PROMISE I will do it for you, and pm it back to you.

ALSO, Mean look. find a pokemon with mean look. You could try hypnosis as well. OR, be stubborn and simply KEEP USING ULTRA/QUICK balls. You'll get him eventually. You can use serebii and bulbapedia when looking for a pokemon with mean look/sleep powder/hypnosis.

Someone said that Sakurai actually liked Lucario as a fighter, and I'm sure that him being one of the first revealed was nother reason to add him.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Please name another second Gen rep. Also, so what if Deoxys is Psychic? He still has many differences from Mewtwo in general.
No. A generation does not need a representative if you read on to the other part of my post which you did but didn't connect that thought.

Well, if you are to disregard the rest of the points, the type sharing isn't very large, but I'm surprised at you now at your inconscistency, wouldn't two type reps be... unfair? I'm serious though, wouldn't you want a more broad array of pokemon types represented? At any rate, people will make that connection, whether you agree with it or not. Back before Brawl people wanted to replace Mewtwo with him if I do so remember correctly.

I don't give credit to characters who don't deserve it. He could've been in with Plusle & Minun, who would've been just as interesting. Just yet another overpopular character. He's not worth skipping an entire list of 100 Pokemon for. That's pretty much all he is. Never liked him either. But it's not just that bias, it's how he was shoehorned in to sell stuff instead of looking at more possible choices.
Lucario obviously deserved it because he was wanted, in a movie, and was liked by the creators, and then not to mention, well received upon being in the game? And I think you are looking at it as if somehow over-prioritizing symmetry, as if you view the pokemon generations as some sort of mat and you want the selected ones to be well proportioned.

Oh, and yeah apparently he was good enough to skip 100 pokemon for if that is how the popularity cookie crumbled. o_o I do not want to lose uniqueness, likability, potential, over "balance" of representation. That is not the balance anyone cares about, or at least for me, not the one I care for most.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Oasis told me to be nice to you, so I WONT YELL AT YOU FOR ASKING. Umm, well, I get out of school next tuesday, pm me it AGAIN then, and I PROMISE I will do it for you, and pm it back to you.

ALSO, Mean look. find a pokemon with mean look. You could try hypnosis as well. OR, be stubborn and simply KEEP USING ULTRA/QUICK balls. You'll get him eventually. You can use serebii and bulbapedia when looking for a pokemon with mean look/sleep powder/hypnosis.
I have the Golbat, doesn't seem to work. I also tried being stubborn, and i'd say i've gone through about 15 Quick Balls and maybe.... 40 ultra balls.

But i'll keep trying. Oooh, actually, does Roserade by any chance learn sleep powder? I have one in the daycare center.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
No. A generation does not need a representative if you read on to the other part of my post which you did but didn't connect that thought.

Well, if you are to disregard the rest of the points, the type sharing isn't very large, but I'm surprised at you now at your inconscistency, wouldn't two type reps be... unfair? I'm serious though, wouldn't you want a more broad array of pokemon types represented? At any rate, people will make that connection, whether you agree with it or not. Back before Brawl people wanted to replace Mewtwo with him if I do so remember correctly.
Jigglypuff will no longer leave. Thus, having 1 gen from each rep won't work. Also, replacing another character with another from the same Gen seems silly. Pichu does not need to be replaced if we have a second Gen rep again. He did fine last time, was played, and actually has a fanbase. I do want them all fairly repped, but I know it won't happen.

Lucario obviously deserved it because he was wanted, in a movie, and was liked by the creators, and then not to mention, well received upon being in the game? And I think you are looking at it as if somehow over-prioritizing symmetry, as if you view the pokemon generations as some sort of mat and you want the selected ones to be well proportioned.

Oh, and yeah apparently he was good enough to skip 100 pokemon for if that is how the popularity cookie crumbled. o_o I do not want to lose uniqueness, likability, potential, over "balance" of representation. That is not the balance anyone cares about, or at least for me, not the one I care for most.
Except he wasn't. It's just easier to get more sales from a character everybody wanted to play as. That doesn't make him deserving, just an annoying shoe-in. But at this point, it's going nowhere here. I hate his guts, and refuse to give a shoehorned character credit. Plusle & Minun deserved more rep first, as they came first as well. And were planned too. I would've liked everyone completely in, and no problems would've been had. But spitting in the face of 3rd Gen fans was the final decision, nothing we can do about. We just have to wait and see. Likewise, I actually expect Trainer and Lucario to leave for a 5th Gen and a new 1st Gen, although there's really no one worthy left at this point. Maybe Snorlax?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Maybe Snorlax?
Meowth? the only other really interesting one I can think of would be someone like Dragonite, but...

If they take out the trainer they'll probably leave Charizard in though. I'm pretty sure he's the most popular pokemon.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Except he wasn't. It's just easier to get more sales from a character everybody wanted to play as. That doesn't make him deserving, just an annoying shoe-in.
Remember that time I told you to listen to yourself? It's too bad you probably have me on ignore. Won't listen to yourself or others. Sad, really.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Meowth? the only other really interesting one I can think of would be someone like Dragonite, but...

If they take out the trainer they'll probably leave Charizard in though. I'm pretty sure he's the most popular pokemon.
You can blame Ash, Pokemon Red, and the Card Game for that one. Anyway, Meowth is another good choice, I will admit. I just think we could use more big guys, which we really have too many small and medium characters.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

You should just save this smilie Oasis. It will save you the effort of trying to drill through concrete.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990

Well, if you are to disregard the rest of the points, the type sharing isn't very large, but I'm surprised at you now at your inconscistency, wouldn't two type reps be... unfair? I'm serious though, wouldn't you want a more broad array of pokemon types represented? At any rate, people will make that connection, whether you agree with it or not. Back before Brawl people wanted to replace Mewtwo with him if I do so remember correctly.[/quoe]

Jigglypuff will no longer leave. Thus, having 1 gen from each rep won't work. Also, replacing another character with another from the same Gen seems silly. Pichu does not need to be replaced if we have a second Gen rep again. He did fine last time, was played, and actually has a fanbase. I do want them all fairly repped, but I know it won't happen.

Except he wasn't. It's just easier to get more sales from a character everybody wanted to play as. That doesn't make him deserving, just an annoying shoe-in. But at this point, it's going nowhere here. I hate his guts, and refuse to give a shoehorned character credit. Plusle & Minun deserved more rep first, as they came first as well. And were planned too. I would've liked everyone completely in, and no problems would've been had. But spitting in the face of 3rd Gen fans was the final decision, nothing we can do about. We just have to wait and see. Likewise, I actually expect Trainer and Lucario to leave for a 5th Gen and a new 1st Gen, although there's really no one worthy left at this point. Maybe Snorlax?
You are bad at this whole arguing thing. xD You look at things from the presupposition that fairness is superior instead of backing up that claim or justifying on objective means. It is almost like if someone were to say to you, "God doesn't exist," and you'd say, "Well if God doesn't exist, you wouldn't be here!" (Obviously not assuming any religious station of yours, just saying you basically have no two dichotomies of rules to look at things, even things of different rules follow your rules. X=/=Y. X is X, and Y is Y.)

And Lucario was most certainly well received. Oh, and if more people wanted to play him, that means he is more liked, meaning more deserved. You still don't recognize how there are things significantly more important than symmetrical representation. Where would you draw the line with that anyhow? All franchises must have equal characters, irrespective of popularity? But anyways, if you don't get what we mean by now, it is obsolete.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Eh, he's always been my favourite because he was the first dragon (and DON'T YOU GUYS LECTURE ME ON HOW HE'S FIRE AND FLYING TYPE, WE ALL KNOW HE'S A DRAGON) in pokemon i ever saw. i fell in love with Charmander and Charmeleon as well, plus they look so amazing in the series. You know, the one where they all refuse to get in their pokeballs because it's so cold and the entrance to the snow cave has blown in and they end up sleeping around/on ash to keep them all warm? yeah, that one.

You should just save this smilie Oasis. It will save you the effort of trying to drill through concrete.
Tell me you know whether Roserade learns sleep powder? :sadeyes:

I NEEEEEEEED to know so i can catch Zapdos! :D

Also thanks shortie! ^^

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Yep it does.

Anyway nothing but dumb going on so I don't feel bad for going off topic.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You are bad at this whole arguing thing. xD You look at things from the presupposition that fairness is superior instead of backing up that claim or justifying on objective means. It is almost like if someone were to say to you, "God doesn't exist," and you'd say, "Well if God doesn't exist, you wouldn't be here!" (Obviously not assuming any religious station of yours, just saying you basically have no two dichotomies of rules to look at things, even things of different rules follow your rules. X=/=Y. X is X, and Y is Y.)
Fairness is always better than popularity. I go for the neutral style. If everything gets fair rep, it's all good. Otherwise, go in order of Gens. That means nothing gets skipped. You think I would've mind having both both 3rd and 4th Gen reps? No. 3rd Gen goes in first. You know, numerical order. Pure logic.

And Lucario was most certainly well received. Oh, and if more people wanted to play him, that means he is more liked, meaning more deserved. You still don't recognize how there are things significantly more important than symmetrical representation. Where would you draw the line with that anyhow? All franchises must have equal characters, irrespective of popularity? But anyways, if you don't get what we mean by now, it is obsolete.
That's not how deserving works either. Only Sakurai can decide that on subjective matters. All gens should be equally deserving. Not one over the other. Thus, order is smarter. No, popularity is not enough. Otherwise Ridley would be playable. He wasn't even planned as playable. It's not a good enough factor. There's too many. Fairness is always smart. I've been over this before: I do not consider popularity as the only worthy factor for who truly deserves it. That's the only reason for Lucario, and is why it doesn't work.

@Luco: I always chose Charmander first. Charmeleon's my personal favorite.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yay! Ok, then as soon as i'm done here i'm getting the DS out and getting her out of the daycare!

it's funny how we pre-prescribe gender to pokemon, especially since i have the nagging feeling my Roserade is a boy.

But i remember in first gen the only pokemon that were pre-prescribed genders were the nidorans. All the rest we had to guess. Everyone gets Pikachu as boy, and Jigglypuff as girl, and so on.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Tell me you know whether Roserade learns sleep powder? :sadeyes:

I NEEEEEEEED to know so i can catch Zapdos! :D

Oh oops double post! D:

Also thanks shortie! ^^
Actually I used Stun Spore to nab him in my game. Which reminds me... I need to continue with my legendary collection. My last acquisition was Deoxys.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

Well eff. I figured you'd get me a lump of coal for Christmas. I... don't know what to say. I don't deserve such niceness.

ALSO, I wonder how far I'd have to drill until I reach the sewage pipe. Maybe then so much **** wouldn't come out of his mouth. :awesome:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Fairness is always better than popularity. I go for the neutral style. If everything gets fair rep, it's all good. Otherwise, go in order of Gens. That means nothing gets skipped. You think I would've mind having both both 3rd and 4th Gen reps? No. 3rd Gen goes in first. You know, numerical order. Pure logic.

That's not how deserving works either. Only Sakurai can decide that on subjective matters. All gens should be equally deserving. Not one over the other. Thus, order is smarter. No, popularity is not enough. Otherwise Ridley would be playable. He wasn't even planned as playable. It's not a good enough factor. There's too many. Fairness is always smart. I've been over this before: I do not consider popularity as the only worthy factor for who truly deserves it. That's the only reason for Lucario, and is why it doesn't work.

Same, I always choose charmander, although I have chosen squirtle and bulbasaur at least once, and in my most recent games my brother used me trading over my pokemon and then restarting and choosing a different one etc. PLUS getting Pikachu from his game to give me all four.

In my current Red game I have Venusaur, Blastoise and charizard, plus Alakazam, Wigglytuff (because in one of my older games for some reason i levelled a Wigglytuff up to the point where it was a total beast: I often go for the one pokemon level 100, other pokemon level 10 style when it comes to first gen) AND a mew. ^^

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'll have to check my own legendary collection, I know it was almost finished.

Although I have too many Latias's and Latios's due to having 2 Eon Tickets to use on my E-Reader. lol

I just need to remember to get the event Victini this weekend after I finish finals.

Anyway we should get back on topic, back to working on my stage concept.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Luco: I myself buy all the versions so I can attempt to get every Pokemon. I'm not a fan of the DL only, so I use Cheat Devices to make them available for catching. But otherwise, I do it on my own. Atleast it's justified, heh.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990

Alright, one last class in session: you didn't say why your interpretation of fairness is supreme. You just basically said it. That was it. And wouldn't it be considered a different form of "fairness" (and more fair in my opinion) to cater to the larger audience than the smaller? Like, killing one person to save five? In this case it isn't even consequential, nothing is lost rather than this imaginary desire for symmetry. Also, logic =/= doing things in a video game by generation order. Logic = syllogistic and efficient processing. Fairness doesn't always mean your fairness either, it is like saying someone is being logical because they are doing what you would do. ???

...And yes that is how deserving works according to everything in the world, even by Sakurai by yourself, which you have admitted. Lucario does work, you're the only one not believing that. You're best bet is to look for something that works better objectively or by the rules of Sakurai, neither of which you do. Also, Ridley was not considered for who knows why, popularity isn't everything yes, but I don't think Ridley's omission was due to symmetry reasons. At any rate, I'm done, you may have the last word, this doesn't interest me, just trying to lend a helping hand (though failing).

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Actually I used Stun Spore to nab him in my game. Which reminds me... I need to continue with my legendary collection. My last acquisition was Deoxys.
Yeah after nabbing Zapdos i'm hoping to get the regis. So far i only have the main three D/P/Pl legendaries (Dialga, Palkia, Giratina), the three lake pokemon (Azelf, Mesprit, Uxie ((If Uxie opens it's eyes you'll lose your memory... If Brock opens his eyes the world will implode!!!)) ), Heatran, Moltres, Articuno, Rotom and Cresselia. I have absolutely no idea how i'm going to go about getting Arceus and Mew (obviously they're impossible to get without cheating or events which i missed), and Zapdos is becoming a pain in the neck to catch. You seriously don't know how familiar i am with that music now.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Alright, one last class in session: you didn't say why your interpretation of fairness is supreme. You just basically said it. That was it. And wouldn't it be considered a different form of "fairness" (and more fair in my opinion) to cater to the larger audience than the smaller? Like, killing one person to save five? In this case it isn't even consequential, nothing is lost rather than this imaginary desire for symmetry. Also, logic =/= doing things in a video game by generation order. Logic = syllogistic and efficient processing. Fairness doesn't always mean your fairness either, it is like saying someone is being logical because they are doing what you would do. ???
Because it's clearly my opinion. And yes, that's more logical overall. Fairness and logic are combined. You cannot be fair without using logic.

...And yes that is how deserving works according to everything in the world, even by Sakurai by yourself, which you have admitted. Lucario does work, you're the only one not believing that. You're best bet is to look for something that works better objectively or by the rules of Sakurai, neither of which you do. Also, Ridley was not considered for who knows why, popularity isn't everything yes, but I don't think Ridley's omission was due to symmetry reasons. At any rate, I'm done, you may have the last word, this doesn't interest me, just trying to lend a helping hand (though failing).
That's why I ignore popularity when making rosters. It might be easier for Pokemon to figure out from which Gen to pick, but that's it. I base it truly upon the character. Likewise, Ridley might make it next time.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Luco: I actually have 2 event Arceus, I brought 2 versions to the event, remind me later and I can send ya one. ;)

I may have 2 Mew, but I'll have to check again. I'm positive though I have 2 Arceus.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Wait... DL only? i'm confused, heh.

Oh yes i'd LOVE an Arceus! I'm in Australia though, that'll still work, right? RIGHT? :p

And yes Mew i would also love. I think he might be my second favourite pokemon although i love all of them in at least some way. ^^

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So, how about we have a positive topic that everyone can engage in for a change?

Who is for Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS having exclusive content that are not characters? Mainly in the realm of stages, music, trophies, and other things. I mean they are going to have to have something to entice people to buy each version. I think it would be interesting to have exclusive stages. For example, on the 3DS you may have a Super Mario 3D Land level while on the Wii U you have a New Super Mario Bross. Wii (possibly NSMBWiiU) on the Wii U.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom