• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

How would a ground pound move function as a Down Smash? Especially when his existing Smash attack is already functional. :o
Well, the Ground Pound is a move that hits straight down on an opponent on the ground. If fully charged, the move could be potentially devastating at high damage ratio. The move focus on accuracy and KO potential. Not to mention it's such a well known move in the Mario series. If we bring back his spin for the Down B, this is the only reasonable way to bring in the Ground Pound.

:phone:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I kinda agree, but Ground Pound could be left out. Yoshi already has it with Down B. If they implement aerial Smashes however, it would be a good idea.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I can only think of a few changes (that don't involve silverware...):

Link: Change his Boomerang to be able to pass though opponents. Able to hold the charge on the Bow.

Samus: Closer to Melee version, make the Screw Attack function closer to how it does in her games.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think Link needs to have quicker startup on his arrows, make them aimable, and make it where there is considerable stun if the arrow lands. I love that oomph they gave in Skyward Sword. It feels just right.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Mario:
Ground Pound should DAir, giving him a pseudo dive kick.

Link:
Side B should be something else. I think Skyward Strikes should be on charged Smash Attacks. USmash should be his vertical spin. FSmash should be changed just slightly where instead of an angled attack, he does it horizontally. Aside from that, Link definitely needs a revamp and so does Samus.

Ganondorf:
I don't see the what the big deal with the light ball is. It was in one game and they gave it to Phantom Ganon in Wind Waker. After OoT, they've put him in sword fights. Speaking of which, I really think that they need to at least give him the twin swords from Wind Waker. Best amount of potential there.

Ness and Lucas:
This one is actually very easy. Give Ness PK Rockin' Omega as a fireball Final Smash. Give Lucas PK Love Omega as a beam with high knockback.
I have a big problem making Smash Attacks with projectiles. As for Samus I agree, but it is unlikely because I see them not wanting to take away from the purpose and contrast of Zero Suit Samus.

What do you mean one game? The light ball attack has been a staple since A Link to The Past. Just because it alternates between Ganon/Ganondorf and certain other Ganon influenced enemies does not make the attack any less iconic. Ganondorf is more about his magic than his swords.

Nonononono, PK Rockin' should look like a multi colored C4D brush was just brushed along the stage and anyone hit by the colorful waves of PSI should receive damage.

Well, the Ground Pound is a move that hits straight down on an opponent on the ground. If fully charged, the move could be potentially devastating at high damage ratio. The move focus on accuracy and KO potential. Not to mention it's such a well known move in the Mario series. If we bring back his spin for the Down B, this is the only reasonable way to bring in the Ground Pound.

I guess, it just seems like it would be awkward.

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
@SSBF

I always thought that the Ground Pound would have made a great fit for Mario as a Down special. There is a possibility that we may see it as I really doubt the chances of FLUDD returning (unless a SMS sequel or remake is made before the release of SSB4).

Of course, there is always the chance that Mario can get back his Mario Tornado and make his aerial down A the ground pound move. Either way, I would like to see the move implemented somehow. The only issue is the fact that both Yoshi and Bowser seem to have variants of the move already.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I have a big problem making Smash Attacks with projectiles. As for Samus I agree, but it is unlikely because I see them not wanting to take away from the purpose and contrast of Zero Suit Samus.
What's your problem with them? I think you can still have Zamus in while making Samus much, much cooler. One thing I was disappointed about Zamus is that while she has a whip, she doesn't exactly use it like a whip very often. In fact, I was rather surprised that only three of her normals actually used the whip. Incorporate the whips more by using some inspiration from Ivy and KOF's Whip, you'd have yourself a character that stands out from Samus. With that in mind, I'd like to see her Side B be a command tether grab where the opponent is briefly stunned so you can start a combo and then make her grab a normal grab. If you want a comparison between the two.

Samus
  • Numerous tools for a numberous situations.
  • Limited speed outside of Morph Ball which is defenseless.
  • Best at either long or close range, no middle ground.
  • Great damage.
  • Short hop.
  • Better recovery options.
  • High weight.

Zamus
  • Specializes in spacing and close ranged combat.
  • Safer attacks.
  • Great running speed.
  • Pressure comes from divekicks which are rather safe.
  • High jumps.
  • Plenty of combo potential.
  • Low knockback.
  • Great mixup potential.
  • Low weight.

What do you mean one game? The light ball attack has been a staple since A Link to The Past. Just because it alternates between Ganon/Ganondorf and certain other Ganon influenced enemies does not make the attack any less iconic. Ganondorf is more about his magic than his swords.
Whatever. Still not a big fan of the tennis ball.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I've warmed up to the tennis ball attack. I think to make it better though, make it where you reflect projectiles on startup or something.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Screw Attack definatley needs to be stronger, as in the games, maybe with a double jump a la Pikachu as well. Make it good for finishing or beginnings of combos.

More speed on her moves, Melee Nair (maybe slightly weaker though) improved, spamable Charge Shots, chargeable missiles with more power, a little lighter (in comparison) and I'd love the **** out of Samus.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It is a little weird how you have a Luigi's Mansion stage exclusive to the Wii U adaptation when Luigi's Mansion 2 is going to be for the 3DS. lol
I didn't take that game into account.

I have been trying to think of how to do a list of stages. To me it would make sense that each games have different returning stages. Like Oasis brought up earlier Skyworld would be pretty redundant with Skyloft, so why not move Skyworld to the 3DS version exclusively as the Skyward Sword stage is exclusive to the Wii U? That way it gives two Kid Icarus stages for the 3DS version, the console the series is being rebooted on after all, while the Wii U version will only have one new Kid Icarus stage. Likewise Pikmin could only have one new stage for the 3DS while the Wii U has two stages. I am still trying to figure out in my mind how it would all work. These are just some ideas.
Right.

Metal Overlord said:
There are other ways that you can represent 3rd gen besides playable characters, you know
Not if we're talking about playable reps. Which was planned anyway.

And besides, Mewtwo was planned to be in Smash since the original, so yes, he needs to come back
Not a good enough reason for me. 1st Gen is repped enough. He'd be more interesting than keeping Jigglypuf if they actually revamp his other moves so he'd better.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, and this is coming from someone who grew up with and loves the 2nd and 3rd gens just as much as 1st gen

Simply put, there's always going to be a sect of fans somewhere who will be disappointed that their character didn't make it. You can't please everyone, there isn't much point in trying to
I've been playing since the 1st Gen. It's one of my favorites. I actually like the Odd-Numbered Gens. Giving all Gens playable reps is a way to please every Pokemon fan. Everybody gets something. The only problem is WHICH rep themself. But that's it. Regardless, what more is there to say? We all know that I cannot accept anything but a minimum of 1 rep each for every Gen.(regardless of who) So eh. Let's move on.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
I've had an idea similar to the tennis/light ball, but for Toon Link

@Kumo
Yea, I wasn't the only one who noticed Zamus basically used a wavy sword. I also thought she should use the gun at least more than twice
Samus should use Ice Beam along with Plasma. It's just as iconic since it's used to actually kill the Metroid.
btw I've had some movesets kinda done (been putting them off) if you wanted to see them since I asked for feedback a while back

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't get the fuss with everyone saying the first gen is "over repped". They've been there the longest, and are still relevant to the series. Mewtwo especially so. He should be back in 4.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Mewtwo should be in period. Forget representation or you kids and your fancy new Black and White games. Mewtwo is where it is at and he needs to make his return.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
In that interview Sakurai also stated they had problems with Pokemon related content in Smash. Readding Mewtwo should have less problems cause they did it before.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Man, if Mewtwo made it into Smash 4, I'd be so ecstatic :grin:

Any of y'all got that one character that you want in Smash so bad above anyone else, that actually has a pretty decent shot of making it in? Makes the anticipation all the more exciting and suspensful, in my opinion

D

Deleted member

Any of y'all got that one character that you want in Smash so bad above anyone else, that actually has a pretty decent shot of making it in? Makes the anticipation all the more exciting and suspensful, in my opinion

I think you know what mine is.

yani_

Smash Ace
In that interview Sakurai also stated they had problems with Pokemon related content in Smash. Readding Mewtwo should have less problems cause they did it before.

Yeah isn't GameFreak annoying with what he puts in the game?

DIXIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :awesome:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
X. Although classic is fine too. X should've gotten a fighting appearance by now. That's not a fangame.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I'm all for Mewtwo's return he wasn't the best in Melee... but hey it was freaking Mewtwo

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Mewtwo wasn't really THAT bad in Melee, though

I just hated how lightweight he was and his Side and Down Specials was pretty disappointing

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Mine is probably Mewtwo/Victini. As for past Smashes, G&W's return in Brawl was exciting for me. Don't really know why...

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
For the pokemon argument dont get your hopes up for 5th generation Pokemons:

Untill SSBU comes there's a possiblity that the sixth generation come before SSBU and by this the 5th generation might get discarded same what happened with 3rd generation in Brawl. Don't expect to see anymore 1st generation pokemon the only reason Sakurai included PT is because Fire red/Leaf green were recent and they featured the most memorable patch of pokemon.

Tacket

The Innovator
If you knew about Pokémon, you'd know that the sixth Gen. is DEFINITELY coming after SSB4.
Also, you don't know what Gen is coming in the next game, so don't even pretend you do.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Gen VI Pokemon? No, we won't get one of those until sometime in 2014 SSBU should be done with development or out around that time.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Did you know that Masuda said that 5th gen won't be represeneted with more games ? that means there won't be pokemon grey. Take Pokemon B/W as something like the last breath of the Nintendo DS.
And yet they're still making DS games. And yeah, no Pokemon Grey(maybe :troll:). But there will be others. Like Rumble Blast. Mystery Dungeon. Console game. There's a lot to do before Gen 6.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Did you know that Masuda said that 5th gen won't be represeneted with more games ? that means there won't be pokemon grey. Take Pokemon B/W as something like the last breath of the Nintendo DS.
Are you kidding me? That rumor was proven false a long time ago like last year why would Game Freak give up a chance to make more money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom