• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
For new series, I consider Little Mac to have the best odds thanks to his revival that did well and being a highly popular request. It's also one of the very few important Nintendo series left without a playable rep (along with Animal Crossing and Mii's). Golden Sun also has great odds and Isaac sounds likely, but he has to compete with Matthew for a spot.
Ah yes, I forgot about Little Mac.

I don't think Isaac has to worry much about competition with Matthew. Consider Fire Emblem in Melee... Roy was the latest and greatest of the series (or was about to be), but Marth made the cut before Roy did because Marth was the original and probably most popular choice. Roy wasn't actually planned until Sakurai decided to throw in some characters to buff up the roster. Isaac is in the same position, in a way. He was the original "big dog" of the Golden Sun series, and although Matthew has kind of taken is place, Isaac is still popular, well-known, and the original "big dog."

smashbot226

Smash Master
If you actually want to debate me on this I am more than willing to defend my position. Just because you have a personal dislike for them does not negate what these characters/avatars/paradoxes/or whatever you want to call them represent. Heck I go to my locale bowling ally and they have a Mii in their ad. So obviously they are not that obscure (even then there are other weird little incidents I could cite, but that is not my goal). Just because some of you cannot wrap your mind about whether they constitute a legitimate entity or not are missing the point altogether. It is not about what makes sense, you are playing a freaking game where guys can hit each other with swords and only mildly bat people away for crying out loud, but what is a character that carries a little more weight. After all, has not the debate been for the past months what characters deserve to be playable? I think Miis do, and I do not even care for them.

Say what you will about my defense of the Mii being a larger icon, but there is no disputing the success of the Wii series. Even the individual titles apart from Wii Sports have moved tremendous numbers.
I don't have a personal dislike for them but neither do I give two damns about them. I do think that their moveset potential has very little beyond their sports games. And considering we already have Waluigi for that, they don't have a lot else. Also, my other point wasn't about them being obscure.

It was about you having the gall to compare his popularity to that of Mario, Pac Man, Sonic, etc. And claiming that Mii's success is synonymous with the Wii's success is nothing short of laughable. The Wii isn't successful on ANY part of the Mii. Yes, they appear in the oodles of sports/family games but that isn't the selling point of those games AT ALL. Claiming they carry ANY sort of significant weight given those points is hilarious.

But Little Mac is a definite shoe-in.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Give Ness his robot body for an alternate costume.
-Dead-

Animal Crossing and Mii should just be represented by stages and items, nothing more.

I'd also love me some Golden Sun representation. I don't care who, but I'd honestly prefer Isaac as I haven't played Dark Dawn yet (of which I should be ashamed, but am not) but it seems he returned there. Hopefully he'll have more of a role in GS 4 though.
inb4 Isaac and Matthew become the new Ness and Lucas
I agree with the AC and Mii thing

Also more like Marth &Roy

I don't think Isaac has to worry much about competition with Matthew. Consider Fire Emblem in Melee... Roy was the latest and greatest of the series (or was about to be), but Marth made the cut before Roy did because Marth was the original and probably most popular choice. Roy wasn't actually planned until Sakurai decided to throw in some characters to buff up the roster. Isaac is in the same position, in a way. He was the original "big dog" of the Golden Sun series, and although Matthew has kind of taken is place, Isaac is still popular, well-known, and the original "big dog."
Inb4both are in

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

I don't think Isaac has to worry much about competition with Matthew. Consider Fire Emblem in Melee... Roy was the latest and greatest of the series (or was about to be), but Marth made the cut before Roy did because Marth was the original and probably most popular choice. Isaac is in the same position, in a way. He was the original "big dog" of the Golden Sun series, and although Matthew has kind of taken is place, Isaac is still popular, well-known, and the original "big dog."
He is, but Fire Emblem is much bigger than Golden Sun. Marth was also hugely requested, and is very popular in Japan still (4 games starring him, which for Fire Emblem is A LOT). Roy never could dream of becoming as big as Marth already WAS back then, and he still cannot compare to even Ike (2 noticable appeareances and roles > 1, rather ****ty one even).

Matthew will probably star another GS, which Isaac will likely (hopefully playable) appear in as well. That'd already put him at an equal level to Isaac, who had also just 2 apperances. The second one not even being the real main character. Thus Matthew likely has this above him. It's also pretty dependant on wether IF Golden Sun gets another game... And if it does, Matthew will get the role in there, not Isaac. I'd still prefer Isaac though...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Isaac has pretty much established himself as the face of Golden Sun. Been in all three games. Been in Smash.

It's going to be Isaac if a Golden Sun character gets in Sm4sh.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Isaac has pretty much established himself as the face of Golden Sun. Been in all three games. Been in Smash.

It's going to be Isaac if a Golden Sun character gets in Sm4sh.
^This.

Not only will his exposure in the Golden Sun series itself help him, but also his exposure in Smash. He also seems to be MUCH more popular than Matthew. Trust me, we won't see Matthew before we see Isaac.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

Awh yeah.

Y'know, Ike is short for Isaac. I guess that means we can cut Ike since we don't need TWO.

Ray and Roy is most conundrus as well.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Didn't the newest Golden Sun flop? Badly?
Dark Dawn? No from what I heard it got mostly positive reception but even if it did I don't think one game is going to harm Issac's chances. Anyway I just noticed SSBM is 10 years old now wow...

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well, the music from Fortune Street has finally hit the web. There are a lot of remixes of various Mario and Dragon Quest songs. If you like either of the two you might want to check them out as they are pretty good.

http://youtu.be/QEJQxISer5E

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well I'd hope so. And well, I'd think they'd play more like a mix between Ness/Lucas and Marth/Roy/Ike honestly. I could do a quick moveset (would probably work for either)

B: Ragnarok. Isaac / Matthew charge up their blade similary in fashion like the FE characters would (but with no freedom of letting go like them) and casts a huge sword-like projectile out of it about a Bowser and a half wide (with an awesome sweetspot in the very middle) about 2 characters in front of him. The move would be as slow almost as Ganondorf's Warlock Punch, but has around the same knockback (weaker still) and does a whopping 28~32% when sweetspotted. 19~22% if a little off, 10~14% at the very end of the move). The move would probably have some super armor as well at the last few frames of the move.

Up B: Growth. Plants grow out of the ground to attack, or grow around a ledge for Isaac to climb back to the stage (working similary to a ladder). The plants would cause a slight sort of trapping effect, and do around 5% damage, but could be a good set up for a stronger attack. The higher the other character's %, the longer they stay trapped kinda similar to how ZZS's stun works, but this one is somewhat weaker. You can escape the plants by jumping.

Side B: I'd want to put Move here, but I kinda dislike the idea of it being an attack for him so... I say this should be Stone Spire, a ranged charge up move involving stone spires falling out of the sky on an opponent. If charged for a little, just one Spire comes out, and does about 12~14% damage, and could be considered as Isaac's main projectile, as it'd be coming out as fast as PK Fire would (except it being slightly stronger and with shorter range). Charged up somewhat longer and Isaac would cast 2 Spires next to each other, each doing about 12~14% damage. Charged up fully Isaac would cast a total of 4 Spires, and the effect would be similar to Charizard's Rock Smash on earlier %s, and would have nice knockback.

Down B: Gaia. A moveable projectile you can aim at the ground, where you can create an earthy erruption out of when releasing B. Like Stone Spire, you can actually build up damage as well when holding B, but this one lacks the sheer power you can build up with Stone Spire, but it can trap better, and requires a little more skill even. It's a option only usable on SOLID ground, so not on small platforms, it can also be done around edges, but not OVER the edges as it needs ground to be preformed. And it's strongest or most effective when a character is on the ground as well. It's actually like a moveable mine of sorts, and can be as strong depending on how long you hold B. It's the same kind of story with Stone Spire, hold B briefly and release and Gaia would be a small erruption, covering about 1.5 a Mario wide and does 11~14% if the opponent gets trapped in fully. Hold it longer and you'd have Mother Gaia which'd already cover 3 Mario's wide and could do 16~18%, hold if for the longest and you have Grand Gaia, which is a massive attack doing 23~27% and delivers great knockback if the opponents gets trapped in the move fully. As a general rule with this move, the stones comming out of the erruption do the building up damage, would work KIND OF similar to the Smart Bombs.

General playstyle of Isaac would be harder to learn than most characters, as his ranged attacks are his biggest assets. His Psynergy is rather slow, but are very good setups, a small Gaia spell could be cast into a stronger Spire spell, or otherwise. He'd be highly unpredictable, but at the same time, rather slow and furnable while casting spells. He wouldn't like projectile spam himself either, but Isaac has a strong big shield to protect himself with (like, Mewtwo's big shield but slightly smaller) and a normal Spire would be fast enough to counter back with most of the time.

He's highly versitale in his B moves, and his A moves would mostly consist of sword attacks. His sword would be a little longer than Toon Link's, and are mostly swift attacks with only a few moves you can effectively kill with. As a Venus Adept he fights the best on the ground, and would perhaps have a below average aerial game and jumps. He also would be a tad lighter than Marth, but shorter as well. He would mainly be good at egdeguarding, and KOing characters from the side of the screen, not from the top. His grab game is above average though and his throws go far and do good damage, and could possibly be ranged if they implenent the Move ability from him in it (it wouldn't go as far as in Brawl, but rather about a character in front of him) to counter these seeminly broken grabs, if Isaac would miss a grab, there is some serious lag involved. His running speed is about as fast as Luigi's, maybe a little faster even. Overall he's a character you have to play with smarts, but he can be highly effective if used well. His Psynergy is powerful and great for setting up combos, but he's still rather fragile, and even though he has some speed you have to watch out for lag often.

EDIT: As a Final Smash, it must be Judgement: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iHwgkwtMUY

yani_

Smash Ace
Well, the music from Fortune Street has finally hit the web. There are a lot of remixes of various Mario and Dragon Quest songs. If you like either of the two you might want to check them out as they are pretty good.

http://youtu.be/QEJQxISer5E
I love all of the super Nintendo game remixes. They did a spectacular job, especially with the Mushroom Kingdom one.
Geno cameo plz

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
Well I'd hope so. And well, I'd think they'd play more like a mix between Ness/Lucas and Marth/Roy/Ike honestly. I could do a quick moveset (would probably work for either)

B: Ragnarok. Isaac / Matthew charge up their blade similary in fashion like the FE characters would (but with no freedom of letting go like them) and casts a huge sword-like projectile out of it about a Bowser and a half wide (with an awesome sweetspot in the very middle) about 2 characters in front of him. The move would be as slow almost as Ganondorf's Warlock Punch, but has around the same knockback (weaker still) and does a whopping 28~32% when sweetspotted. 19~22% if a little off, 10~14% at the very end of the move). The move would probably have some super armor as well at the last few frames of the move.

Up B: Growth. Plants grow out of the ground to attack, or grow around a ledge for Isaac to climb back to the stage (working similary to a ladder). The plants would cause a slight sort of trapping effect, and do around 5% damage, but could be a good set up for a stronger attack. The higher the other character's %, the longer they stay trapped kinda similar to how ZZS's stun works, but this one is somewhat weaker. You can escape the plants by jumping.

Side B: I'd want to put Move here, but I kinda dislike the idea of it being an attack for him so... I say this should be Stone Spire, a ranged charge up move involving stone spires falling out of the sky on an opponent. If charged for a little, just one Spire comes out, and does about 12~14% damage, and could be considered as Isaac's main projectile, as it'd be coming out as fast as PK Fire would (except it being slightly stronger and with shorter range). Charged up somewhat longer and Isaac would cast 2 Spires next to each other, each doing about 12~14% damage. Charged up fully Isaac would cast a total of 4 Spires, and the effect would be similar to Charizard's Rock Smash on earlier %s, and would have nice knockback.

Down B: Gaia. A moveable projectile you can aim at the ground, where you can create an earthy erruption out of when releasing B. Like Stone Spire, you can actually build up damage as well when holding B, but this one lacks the sheer power you can build up with Stone Spire, but it can trap better, and requires a little more skill even. It's a option only usable on SOLID ground, so not on small platforms, it can also be done around edges, but not OVER the edges as it needs ground to be preformed. And it's strongest or most effective when a character is on the ground as well. It's actually like a moveable mine of sorts, and can be as strong depending on how long you hold B. It's the same kind of story with Stone Spire, hold B briefly and release and Gaia would be a small erruption, covering about 1.5 a Mario wide and does 11~14% if the opponent gets trapped in fully. Hold it longer and you'd have Mother Gaia which'd already cover 3 Mario's wide and could do 16~18%, hold if for the longest and you have Grand Gaia, which is a massive attack doing 23~27% and delivers great knockback if the opponents gets trapped in the move fully. As a general rule with this move, the stones comming out of the erruption do the building up damage, would work KIND OF similar to the Smart Bombs.

General playstyle of Isaac would be harder to learn than most characters, as his ranged attacks are his biggest assets. His Psynergy is rather slow, but are very good setups, a small Gaia spell could be cast into a stronger Spire spell, or otherwise. He'd be highly unpredictable, but at the same time, rather slow and furnable while casting spells. He wouldn't like projectile spam himself either, but Isaac has a strong big shield to protect himself with (like, Mewtwo's big shield but slightly smaller) and a normal Spire would be fast enough to counter back with most of the time.

He's highly versitale in his B moves, and his A moves would mostly consist of sword attacks. His sword would be a little longer than Toon Link's, and are mostly swift attacks with only a few moves you can effectively kill with. As a Venus Adept he fights the best on the ground, and would perhaps have a below average aerial game and jumps. He also would be a tad lighter than Marth, but shorter as well. He would mainly be good at egdeguarding, and KOing characters from the side of the screen, not from the top. His grab game is above average though and his throws go far and do good damage, and could possibly be ranged if they implenent the Move ability from him in it (it wouldn't go as far as in Brawl, but rather about a character in front of him) to counter these seeminly broken grabs, if Isaac would miss a grab, there is some serious lag involved. His running speed is about as fast as Luigi's, maybe a little faster even. Overall he's a character you have to play with smarts, but he can be highly effective if used well. His Psynergy is powerful and great for setting up combos, but he's still rather fragile, and even though he has some speed you have to watch out for lag often.

EDIT: As a Final Smash, it must be Judgement: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iHwgkwtMUY
Too much to read dude :p
and its nice.xD

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, he has Psynergy for Bs and grabs / throws so... Where else can it fit in? Maybe have some "earthly" like moves for Smashes, or effects like Rock Smash had on some of his A moves. I think this would be enough to give Charizard a reasonable side B at least...

Djinn could also be featured in his Smashes. Like the Fsmash being Flint or something. And it'd only be powerful if the Djinn is "active" meaning he cannot really spam the move (or if he does, it'd be much weaker). Or a Dsmash similar to ZSS's, but with the Djinni Ground holding the character.

Damnit Isaac has so much potential... :)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I was wondering what Issac could do, it's been forever since I've played GS.

As for Fortune Street, some good remixs, although I do hope that people will not be caught up on the fact that one of the tracks is from Mario RPG...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I know VERY LITTLE about Golden Sun, but I was thinking Isaac's Fsmash would be... what was it called? Move? THAT THING HE DOES IN BRAWL. Dsmash would be FISSURE is it? and then Usmash would be Spire I think it's called? Flashy~

Then other neat things for Specials. Probably what you have. I guess tilts and aerials will still be swordy. I dunno, what are some appropriate aerial Psynergy things he could do?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Eh, I have no problem with Miis either representing sports moves OR being the customized characters. They definitely are recognizable characters and are worthy additions. But so is Waluigi on his own. Although between the two, I think Miis should get in first. Why? Miis are officially canon characters regardless of what you consider Canon in the Mario series.

Likewise, mainstream in Mario isn't officially said by Nintendo. Considering how many Spin-offs there are... likewise, the canon talk is poor at best. Nintendo, as I said before, has never specified what's canon in the Mario series BESIDES Hotel Mario not being Canon. That's it. Same with the Zelda CD-i games. The rest are Canon since there's no statement saying otherwise. So that's a horrible reason to not include Waluigi. Best I can think of is that there are characters who have bigger roles in the Super Mario named games.(as in not a spin-off) ...Which would suggest that we're saying what's mainstream as if it were law. Another bad idea.

IMO, I'd love Waluigi, but he's not the greatest choice ever. Among my top ones, personally, but eh.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
What you just said... has no relation at all to what I'm saiyan

Nah mean?
Just ignore him that's what I do, anyway nice moveset Diddy Kong I saw someone who made a Matthew moveset awhile back I forget who it was I'll go dig it up.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I was never not joking in the first place... I sensed the humor within your post so I responded in an even more tongue-in-cheek manner

Anyway, anyone got some new stage concepts to share?
As a matter of fact I do.

[COLLAPSE="Stage Concept"]Well guys, here it is, the concept I have been promising for awhile now. Luckily there are not very many, if any, spoilers in my concept. What even remotely might have been I left in a spoiler box at the end. So those who might not have played the game just yet should not have to worry too much. Still read at each one's own discretion, but I am just stating there will not be anything outright that will ruin any of the experience (I hope).

Coming from Skyward Sword is the bright and colorful city of Skyloft! Floating above the sky this city is the home of the remaining humans separated from the land below. The winds gently blow above as the winds carry the Loftwings and their riders.

The battlefield of the town is set on the Central Plaza deck furthest to the front next to the lighthouse. All of the city can be seen in the back from the houses, Beedle's shop floating in the air, the bazaar, the goddess statue, and on. Characters from the city will walk along the back. Throughout the sky you will see famous locales such as the Lumpy Pumpkin and other notable islands albeit obscured by the distance blur effect. Other details such as the pinwheels blowing in the constant wind will further enhance the experience of the level. Loftwings will soar in the sky as they and their riders are carried by the winds. Groose and his gang make small cameos as they pass along Skyloft in the air. Even Link's crimson Loftwing will be seen resting inside Skyloft at points on the deck background.

Where this stage begins to take it's liberties is below the stage will be islands that extend the stage farther below. All ledges on the islands are able to be grabbed along with the main stage. The island to the left along the bottom is actually an extension of the city that wraps along the bottom. However, these islands are not always safe... Occasionally between the gaps of the islands a common sky tornado will form, cutting off the rest of the islands momentarily. Jumping into the tornado will throw the character helplessly which could be dangerous if thrown far away or at an angle. So even though no damage is done there is no indication of where each careless character may wind up...

At points throughout the stage the goddess statue will alight and beam light towards the Thunderhead. The clouds will part from the Thunderhead for awhile exposing the Isle of Songs and Levias. After a small amount of time the clouds will begin to gather and form again, concealing both once more. Other times the statue will rumble as the S****ep extends below the dirt.

This level takes the beauty of Skyward Sword and wraps it into one large stage.

Stage Example:

...._______....
..__..........__
......_._...____

Stage Name: Skyloft
Stage Icon: Triforce

-Tracks-
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Skyloft
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Ballad of the Goddess
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - The Sky
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Fi's Theme
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Moldarach
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Levias
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Battle with Ghirahim
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Stalfos ~ Mini-Boss
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - Bellum
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - Overworld
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - The Hidden Village (Brawl)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Ocarina of Time Medley (Brawl)

Hopefully there were not too many spoilers. I tried to limit what I felt were the most spoilerish to the black box, but that may not have been enough for everyone. If that was the case I apologize. Hope everyone enjoys the concept.[/COLLAPSE]

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Skyloft? Interesting, I think the
Lanaryu Mining Facility
would make an interesting stage too or even
Eldin Volcano

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
My eyes hurt from how beautiful the game looks still :awesome:

Ignoring me following Oasis's statement, I really do think the concept is good.

FINALLY A STAGE WHERE YOU CAN FALL TO YOUR DEATH!!!!!!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

I tried to please EVERYONE with this roster. The only place I may have messed up, would be Toon/Young and Ghirahim. But other than that, I think I did WELL.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Skyloft? Interesting, I think the
Lanaryu Mining Facility
would make an interesting stage too or even
Eldin Volcano
Well I chose it due to the city being the focal point of the game and the summation of the theme of the game, if you will. Plus it allows for a rather interesting stage setup with having islands surrounding the stage which opens up the battlefield more. Sakurai has a tendency of taking a focal point in a game and adding a twist too it. Which is what I tried to emulate.

If I had to choose an alternative it would probably be
the Sealed Grounds, especially the adaptation later on in the game.
However, I really do see this as being the likeliest Skyward Sword stage. It really is the setting that captures the game as a whole.

I tried to please EVERYONE with this roster. The only place I may have messed up, would be Toon/Young and Ghirahim. But other than that, I think I did WELL.
That is pretty nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom