• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
That's my ideal way of handling Mii's as well if they were playable. Perhaps the character selection screen can switch to choosing your Mii's? One section with 40-50ish playable characters and another dedicated to Mii's. Or perhaps one screen and Mii's sticking out to the right.
I've always envisioned it the second way. All the characters neatly arranged on the character select screen, and then a little box off to the side that says "Mii," and then you can choose it and upload a random Mii from your collection. I'd rather they just be Assist Trophies or make some sort of stage appearance or something (Wuhu Island as a stage, anyone?)

Aaah Mii Parade, why didn't I think of that...

masterluigi1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2623-2545
if mii's get in, I could see them dealing with a possible character customization feature. Especially with the whole 3ds thing

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I think Miis will appear, but I don't know to what extent.

Any final smash ideas for Bowser? I'm thinking of him becoming gigantic like in Galaxy 2; he'll use his levitation powers to fly to the top of the screen and then look down at the stage so that only his massive head is visible. Then, he can roar out a stream of fire as he moves from left to right, showering the stage and victims in a humongous flame that lingers for a few seconds after touching the stage.

The idea's based off the fight in Mario Galaxy 2. Here's a vid of it, if you want, skip to 1:40 and see what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kHDwwjrY3M

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It's not exactly NECESSARY to treat Miis as different from any other character. They have plenty of personality and moves to work with. You would just get to change their head.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Well if Miis were playable I would rather them be the customizable characters (so the competitive community can just ban them :awesome:).

Assist trophies or background characters (animal crossing) works too.

@Metal: If they give you the ability to do texture rendering like most hackers do for brawl, that would be amazing, and then allow you share them and/or get a attire of the week thing like they did for the stages in brawl.

Why hasn't this been brought up before?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
This probably a dumb idea, but in the Mario & Sonic games, Mii's wore outfits based on already playable characters could be used and gained the stats of the character the outfit was based on, might that be an option?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
This probably a dumb idea, but in the Mario & Sonic games, Mii's wore outfits based on already playable characters could be used and gained the stats of the character the outfit was based on, might that be an option?
It'd definitely be a compromise. I still think that the whole Mii thing is just something left to just NPCs.

@Metal
I'd like it, but I don't think we'll see Tekken levels of customization. I doubt texture hacks because I can imagine that being a considerable effort as it is. I think it'd be best to keep it simple with custom pallets. For SF x TK, I plan on doing Blankachu (assuming he's in) and Miku Xiaoyu.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
OK, so I gots another idea:

You know how the Wii U tablet can store data/content that you can upload to a different Wii U with the same game?

I was thinking what if you just bought a DLC character/stage or just unlocked a secret character/stage but your friend didn't have it? Could you theoretically then upload this content to your friend's Wii U and play with it via the tablet's streaming capabilities?

:phone:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Wait, will they gained the DLC character? How will their Wii U understand the data if they don't have it and your DLC'd character doesn't become saved on their data since it wasn't there to start with?

Some problems with it.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
When developers do patches, they include the DLC onto the discs to not ease downloading times for the DLC, but so people who haven't bought the DLC can see it before buying. So long as the other WiiU has the data, they can see and possibly use streamed DLC.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Wait, will they gained the DLC character? How will their Wii U understand the data if they don't have it and your DLC'd character doesn't become saved on their data since it wasn't there to start with?

Some problems with it.
I'm not sure on that one. Oh well, it was a nice idea

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Where is the love for Miis? D: I think they are good representation for the Wii and Wii U, unique appearance mechanic, easy to make moveset, and can personalize a battle experience so where you are in the match as your Nintendo self! Sounds plausible, reminds me when Miyamoto said there was a chance he'd appear in Brawl (or was that Sakurai...? Not sure). Anyways, ROB was in Brawl, and he wasn't even a character (in fact I'd prefer kicking him out and putting the Mii over him).

He isn't my favorite but I definitely find the idea interesting and extremely plausible. Him as an assist trophy would be the least I'd expect from the Mii and would be neat (like it'd draw from the Miis on that system and maybe throw in a random Miyamoto which can toss in an item like the Mew in the pokeball). I think having a Mii slot would look very nice too, I think I've seen a fan-made roster picture with it that actually looked nice on google.

Heck, I wouldn't even mind if he was like that last character who was kind of a joke character that was easy to kill but was fun to play with and perhaps a handicap for good players to try and master. Just ideas though, him not being in would be fine, just quite surprising to me.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
When developers do patches, they include the DLC onto the discs to not ease downloading times for the DLC, but so people who haven't bought the DLC can see it before buying. So long as the other WiiU has the data, they can see and possibly use streamed DLC.
If this is the case then, that's perfect!

Where is the love for Miis? D: I think they are good representation for the Wii and Wii U, unique appearance mechanic, easy to make moveset, and can personalize a battle experience so where you are in the match as your Nintendo self! Sounds plausible, reminds me when Miyamoto said there was a chance he'd appear in Brawl (or was that Sakurai...? Not sure). Anyways, ROB was in Brawl, and he wasn't even a character (in fact I'd prefer kicking him out and putting the Mii over him).

He isn't my favorite but I definitely find the idea interesting and extremely plausible. Him as an assist trophy would be the least I'd expect from the Mii and would be neat (like it'd draw from the Miis on that system and maybe throw in a random Miyamoto which can toss in an item like the Mew in the pokeball). I think having a Mii slot would look very nice too, I think I've seen a fan-made roster picture with it that actually looked nice on google.

Heck, I wouldn't even mind if he was like that last character who was kind of a joke character that was easy to kill but was fun to play with and perhaps a handicap for good players to try and master. Just ideas though, him not being in would be fine, just quite surprising to me.
I just have an uneeded hate for Miis. ROB saved Nintendo though, so Miis and ROB are def not on the same caliber if that's the comparison you are making.

Off-topic: Can anyone rap in here??? I need some one to chyper with me really quick over this beat http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuVU6hkvhpI I'm really liking it

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I may be wrong, but if it's on the disc, than it's not really DLC. Are you saying the content is on the disc and you unlock it online or are you saying a place holder is used so that it can be viewed later.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
It's a placeholder, I think, but I know with Mortal Kombat and its Compatibility Packs, you actually download the character in the Compatibility Pack (which is what you download when you don't want to purchase a DLC character for MK), except it's locked content so you can't use it.

So it could also be the actual content that you download through the patch/online game update (so that people who don't download the DLC can still see it and battle those who have it), it's just locked to your system so you can't use it unless you buy the DLC.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I just have an uneeded hate for Miis. ROB saved Nintendo though, so Miis and ROB are def not on the same caliber if that's the comparison you are making.
Mii's are a freaking video game PHENOMENON. Wii series is the THIRD best selling series (Only topped by Mario and Poke) and it's only been out for.... like, six years? Wii Sports itself ALONE is outsold Legend Of Zelda AS A WHOLE.

Really, they're totally not comparable because the Mii's should have been in Brawl before ROB. The Miis should be THE FIRST character Sakurai figures out. Before Megahag, before Goroh, before RIDELY.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Well if that's the case, I guess it's just a matter of opinions then.

New gaming fad<<<Something that saved the company that made said gamimg fad

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
If there is any character that truly does deserve to be playable it is the Mii. Not a big fan of them, but they are one of the most recognizable video game characters apart from Mario himself. They represent the success Nintendo has had this past decade and were something original before Sony and Microsoft decided to jump on the avatar bandwagon. Some people may have issue with the fact that Miis are more of an avatar than a character it needs to be said that although that is true the Mii itself is still, in some paradoxical sense, still an entity of its own. I do not succumb to the belief, however, that Miis will automatically guarantee some type of custom moveset functionality, nor that we will be able to change much of the look of the Mii character. Granted, it seems pretty obvious that we will be able to change the facial appearance of the Mii, but I think that is about all it will amount too.

Wouldn't it be cute if they wore a little fighter's gi so that they only had to make one body model for both male and female Miis~
I imagine the Miis will probably have what Wario did. Two costumes with six color palletes, and with the added ability to change the face.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Wouldn't it be cute if they wore a little fighter's gi so that they only had to make one body model for both male and female Miis~

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Not to take away from Nintendo's glory but haven't PC games had avitars loooong before the wii?

I mean they weren't set avi's for every game. It just looks like Nintendo took the PC idea, and enhanced so it can be carried to multiple games

smashbot226

Smash Master
I really don't get hype for the Mii. Even during the Brawl hype they were considered more of a coin flip choice and I doubt it'd be any different now. Hell, even their moveset material would consist of the same stuff a derivative Waluigi set would have; sports game references galore.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Problem: Miis come in 12 colors. Unless you think women can't wear MANLY BLUE. Jerk.
Not every color has to be represented only the basic ones. Red, green, blue, and three other random colors. It is possible Sakurai could bump the amount of colors in the next game to a higher number, so there is no saying they could not. For right now I am just going by the precedent set in Brawl.

Not to take away from Nintendo's glory but haven't PC games had avitars loooong before the wii?

I mean they weren't set avi's for every game. It just looks like Nintendo took the PC idea, and enhanced so it can be carried to multiple games
This is irrelevant, the issue is not about originality as success. Miis are engrained in pop culture and on the same pedestal that Mario and his crew, Pacman, Link, Donkey Kong, Sonic the Hedgehog and Pikachu.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I really don't get hype for the Mii. Even during the Brawl hype they were considered more of a coin flip choice and I doubt it'd be any different now.
I think it's because you're either DENYING the fact that they're massive, or don't REALIZE the BIGNESS of them.

Me and Star are going to go STRAIGHT MII PARADE ON YOU NON BELIEVERS.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
LOL chill, I was just saying they aren't original as you said they were.

I really don't get hype for the Mii. Even during the Brawl hype they were considered more of a coin flip choice and I doubt it'd be any different now. Hell, even their moveset material would consist of the same stuff a derivative Waluigi set would have; sports game references galore.
Difference is now we have had many more games featuring Miis. Even on the 3DS and upcoming on the Wii U their presence is still and will be just as strong as ever. Moveset is not an issue as you could also derive some attacks from the 3DS Mii RPG game and the Wii U tech demo games. Could they utilize some sport tools? Perhaps, even if it did amount to a copy of Waluigi the difference between the two is Mii is more favored than he (Waluigi) is.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Wii Music taunt.

Strongest taunt in the whole world.

Waluigi's crotch chop is nothing in comparison.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471

handclap for effort XD I never mentioned you being mad.

Either way

I'm not going to argue Mii vs. ROB cause
1) I understand I underestimated their popularity (in my general area people dislike them)
2) I still find it as an opinion. I still see saving Nintendo bigger than getting Nintendo in a new fad

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
This is irrelevant, the issue is not about originality as success. Miis are engrained in pop culture and on the same pedestal that Mario and his crew, Pacman, Link, Donkey Kong, Sonic the Hedgehog and Pikachu.
What?! That sounds like a load of hyperbole to me.

They may have the third highest sales in the world, but they are no means anywhere near the likes of Mario and Link. They aren't even "characters" for crying out loud.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Gaiz!!!!!! i emailed Sukari n he sez dat Miis r n3v3r gunna git in da game cuz dey SUX!!!!!1!1!!

So since we now have concrete proof that Miis will not be in SSB4, let's discuss something else: Does Ray from the Custom Robo series stand much of a chance of making the cut anymore? I've started to lose faith in him, but I don't want to because he was a great choice for a newcomer.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
What?! That sounds like a load of hyperbole to me.

They may have the third highest sales in the world, but they are no means anywhere near the likes of Mario and Link. They aren't even "characters" for crying out loud.
That fad phase though :awesome: They be booming

Gaiz!!!!!! i emailed Sukari n he sez dat Miis r n3v3r gunna git in da game cuz dey SUX!!!!!1!1!!

So since we now have concrete proof that Miis will not be in SSB4, let's discuss something else: Does Ray from the Custom Robo series stand much of a chance of making the cut anymore? I've started to lose faith in him, but I don't want to because he was a great choice for a newcomer.
Ray was such a good choice, but as time passes, I think he is losing the grip he could/should of had.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Custom Robo, Chibi Robo, and Advanced Wars.... are.... not looking good. To put it nicely. You're the only one in A WHILE who has brought Custom Robo up. No one else in a long time has brought up the other two.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Ray makes me sad. >:

I think he's way more interesting than Saki or Shulk, and his stage and music would lend a lot to Smash. LOADS OF FRESHNESS. But I just say with confidence that he has much of a shot. U3U

@Shorts: Chibi-Robo BDDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom