• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Wow, this thread is quite active. Lemme think... well, I'm surprised there's still so much request for Geno even though we have a much more popular character to work with that has the same ability. By which I mean Mega Man, although even Capcom seems to be ignoring him nowadays. Second is Krystal, who I feel is blatant sexualization on Nintendo's part and only there to look pretty. The staff argument wouldn't really apply because Fox used it far more often than she did- hell, it'd make more sense to give FOX the staff rather than Krystal. And even then, I don't really expect the dev team to make Krystal any more different from the spacies. Finally Rid-

NO!!!

Statler? Waldorf? What are you guys doing here?

Come to save you from saying the "R" word!

"R" word? What do you-

You know, the big purple Charizard! You were around back then; the fans got so maddeningly annoying, it makes bronies look sane!

Point. That rule is still around, though? It could happen with any other fanbase too, you know.

True. Besides, I doubt we can expect much from the dev team at this point.
You don't need to be so negative, Statler.
Alright... hey Waldorf, wanna play first to five in Brawl?
Sure, why not? I was getting tired anyway.
DOHOHOHOHOHOHO!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Skyward Sword is going to be the last Wii game I play and beat. The Wii had a good run, however, I liked the GameCube more. I am curious how Nintendo is even going to handle getting Wii U first-party titles out in a timely manner considering how much Japanese developers have struggled with HD consoles, and how even the Wii (which is decade old tech) was plagued with droughts too.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I haven't really looked into the Wii RPGs yet, although I'd guess that I'd end up with picking Xenoblade.

Still this is probably going to be the only time that Nintendo will do something like this, and with the rumors of it being a Gamestop exclusive, I would suggest for everyone to start pre-ordering to keep Nintendo's interest (and pockets full).

On another note, I've just thought up what, IMO, is my most ambitious stage concept yet, so look forward to that. ;)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Don't worry everyone, you're all beautiful models in my head~

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Hey I haven't been here in a while. What's going on? Stupid fried phone + school = FAIL.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Hey I haven't been here in a while. What's going on? Stupid fried phone + school = FAIL.

Not much. Just not talking about the new Super Smash Brothers game and talking about disproportions on a female's body.
What would I do without you, SSBU thread?

I think I can get used to this smashbot guy haha

That's great, because I can't read more than five pages of this thread without losing any more faith in the fanbase.
You mean you didn't lose it back during the pre-Brawl hype?
No. Then again, at least it didn't read like a Stephanie Myers novel!
DOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO!

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

Not much. Just not talking about the new Super Smash Brothers game and talking about disproportions on a female's body.
What would I do without you, SSBU thread?

That's great, because I can't read more than five pages of this thread without losing any more faith in the fanbase.
You mean you didn't lose it back during the pre-Brawl hype?
No. Then again, at least it didn't read like a Stephanie Myers novel!
DOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO!
I believe you're going to fit in very well here... I like it. :bee:

smashbot226

Smash Master
Nooo. I want to be the eccentric one that Iblis likes. Go back to the MYM thread.
That contest can chafe me for only so long before I need a breath of relatively fresh air.

I believe you're going to fit in very well here... I like it. :bee:

I'm not sure if this is a compliment or a warning.
Maybe it's both?
No, no. If it was a warning, it'd have the Hal Laboratory dog attached to it.
DOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO!

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
So did Shortie rate my roster while I was gone? And if so, could I get a link?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I NEVER RATE ROSTERS EVER ANYMORE FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE

caps~

smashbot226

Smash Master
HUWHAAAAAAAAAT?!
This...means...WAR!
:awesome:
I looked at it. I personally disapprove of bunching together the Mario, Yoshi, and Wario reps. As well as not including Kamek with the Yoshi reps. Dixie Kong on her own wouldn't be able to do much, Bandana Dee is just encouraging bad behavior on Sakurai's part, Roy with IKE'S moveset is laughable, adding a customizable character like Chrome would never work, a 3rd Gen Trainer set wouldn't be relevant after the inevitable sixth generation comes out before SSB4, not going to mention the "R" word, Star Fox and F-Zero have become so irrelevant that I expect no new reps, Sakurai hates Starfy too much to allow his presence, lolPalutena, and Muddy Mole is unlikely. Cool but unlikely.

Props for adding Majora's Mask Link though.
Yeah, it's not like anyone has forgotten about THAT already.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I looked at it. I personally disapprove of bunching together the Mario, Yoshi, and Wario reps. As well as not including Kamek with the Yoshi reps. Dixie Kong on her own wouldn't be able to do much, Bandana Dee is just encouraging bad behavior on Sakurai's part, Roy with IKE'S moveset is laughable, adding a customizable character like Chrome would never work, a 3rd Gen Trainer set wouldn't be relevant after the inevitable sixth generation comes out before SSB4, not going to mention the "R" word, Star Fox and F-Zero have become so irrelevant that I expect no new reps, Sakurai hates Starfy too much to allow his presence, lolPalutena, and Muddy Mole is unlikely. Cool but unlikely.

Well I thought about Starfy... If Sakurai hated Starfy so much, why would he have put Starfy in Brawl to begin with? The Mario-Wario-Yoshi thing was actually Shortie's idea, and I don't think Kamek has much of a shot. He didn't do much even when he had a starring role. Starfox isn't irrelevant because of Starfox 3D. Bandana Dee actually has viable potential. 3rd Gen isn't irrelevant. Many people expect a 3rd Gen remake. Plus, that would make 1st Gen irrelevant, and it clearly isn't. Palutena has a shot with Uprising, and Muddy... Well, they need a new retro/WTF character, and Muddy fits the bill.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
I can confidently say that Kamek has pretty much NO shot at making the cut. Yoshi's Island is too closely related to the Super Mario series to actually be considered a completely different franchise that is deserving of a second character.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
All right, so custom characters in Sm4sh...

I was thinking. What if you could choose a body type, give them certain appearance items(like say, Meta's wings on a humanoid body type(like Link or Mario-ish)), and then choose their specials from the pool of specials the actual characters can already use? Melee attacks would just go by body type.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Kamek - Next to no chance (although he had more votes on the Melee poll than Geno lol)
Dixie - Was considered for Brawl, Forbidden 7, ect.
Chrome - has a shot, but customization is My Unit, who is a completely different character
Roy - I'll let Chrono explain
3rd Gen PT - Unlikely unless a remake comes out, and either way Sakurai doesn't care about Generations
SF and F-Zero - I feel no reason to explain other than popularity
Starfy - I'm not sure about Sakukrai hating him, but I have heard it before
Palutena - better shot than any other KI character and has a large moveset potential
Muddy Mole - You're actually right about that
Majora's Mask Link - Dreamers can dream, I could care less.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Kamek - Next to no chance (although he had more votes on the Melee poll than Geno lol)
Dixie - Was considered for Brawl, Forbidden 7, ect.
Chrome - has a shot, but customization is My Unit, who is a completely different character
Roy - I'll let Chrono explain
3rd Gen PT - Unlikely unless a remake comes out, and either way Sakurai doesn't care about Generations
SF and F-Zero - I feel no reason to explain other than popularity
Starfy - I'm not sure about Sakukrai hating him, but I have heard it before
Palutena - better shot than any other KI character and has a large moveset potential
Muddy Mole - You're actually right about that
Majora's Mask Link - Dreamers can dream, I could care less.
Pretty much agreed with most of this. Honestly I don't think that Chrome making the cut is as likely as Roy returning though. I also doubt a third-generation Pokemon Trainer... Two Pokemon Trainers is equal to six full characters, and thats a bit overkill. And there is NO WAY Charizard and Squirtle are getting cut (Ivysaur isn't quite as popular as those two, but he has to tag along anyway).

About Starfy... I think the main reason people think that Sakurai hates him is because of the fact that his Assist Trophy in Brawl can be KO'd. And soemone tell me WHY there is all of a sudden all this talk about Muddy Mole? I realize that Sakurai commented on him in the distant past, but honestly, I wouldn't say the odds of becoming playable are in his favor.

So who thinks ridley is gonna make it
anyone?
Aye.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
So who thinks ridley is gonna make it
anyone?
If you actually read the post here instead of posting "any big news?" you'd know pretty much everyone here thinks he's going to make it in :awesome: I'm not making fun of you so don't take this to offense

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Pretty much agreed with most of this. Honestly I don't think that Chrome making the cut is as likely as Roy returning though. I also doubt a third-generation Pokemon Trainer... Two Pokemon Trainers is equal to six full characters, and thats a bit overkill. And there is NO WAY Charizard and Squirtle are getting cut (Ivysaur isn't quite as popular as those two, but he has to tag along anyway).

About Starfy... I think the main reason people think that Sakurai hates him is because of the fact that his Assist Trophy in Brawl can be KO'd. And soemone tell me WHY there is all of a sudden all this talk about Muddy Mole? I realize that Sakurai commented on him in the distant past, but honestly, I wouldn't say the odds of becoming playable are in his favor.

Aye.
I completely agree with the Starfy part. If that's the logic, then you say Sakurai hates Bonsly and Chansey. :glare:

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Yeah from what I've seen, even on FE sites, Chrome has next to no support, he's just expected for some reason.

Starfy, well that's not a very good assumption IMO. lol

As for Muddy Mole, there are a few people here who support him.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
IS IT JUST ME.

It was a GENUINE SURPRISE that Ridley wasn't in Brawl, wasn't it? Doesn't that just AMPLIFY how great his odds are?

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Yeah from what I've seen, even on FE sites, Chrome has next to no support, he's just expected for some reason.
That's a big problem many people have with character speculation I think. People mistaking others expectations for their actual support of that character. Chrome doesn't have much support, he is just expected many people because he is a new Fire Emblem Lord and therefore people think that he is popular and he will make the cut.

IS IT JUST ME.

It was a GENUINE SURPRISE that Ridley wasn't in Brawl, wasn't it? Doesn't that just AMPLIFY how great his odds are?
YES! I had the same surprise when I fund out that neither Krystal nor Bowser Jr. made the cut either. Things have really changed for those two since Brawl, however, unlike Ridley.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Yeah but, AND I LIKE THOSE TWO, but they really just don't compare do they? There was, and still is, nothing really BAD you can say about Ridley except joke about his size. He's an EXCELLENT PICK all around. Because it was so ODD that he wasn't in Brawl, that just makes him seem so much more OBVIOUS this time around.

Though I can't really say he should have been in OVER the other Brawl characters. Y'know, back then he WAS NOT the very best choice. Not before your Warios, Dededes, and Diddies.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
That's a big problem many people have with character speculation I think. People mistaking others expectations for their actual support of that character. Chrome doesn't have much support, he is just expected many people because he is a new Fire Emblem Lord and therefore people think that he is popular and he will make the cut.
It's rather weird IMO.

FE6 was promoted in Melee. But FE10 wasn't promoted in Brawl, Ike didn't even have his FE10 outfit.

In addition, since FE13 will be out before Smash 4, Chrome isn't a promotion character like so many people think.

Chrome is just another FE Lord, and should be treated as such. That's not to say he doesn't have a chance though, but with a lack of popularity and knowledge, and the fact that so far he reminds everyone of Ike, I'm not expecting him right at the moment.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Yeah but, AND I LIKE THOSE TWO, but they really just don't compare do they? There was, and still is, nothing really BAD you can say about Ridley except joke about his size. He's an EXCELLENT PICK all around. Because it was so ODD that he wasn't in Brawl, that just makes him seem so much more OBVIOUS this time around.

Though I can't really say he should have been in OVER the other Brawl characters. Y'know, back then he WAS NOT the very best choice. Not before your Warios, Dededes, and Diddies.
Yeah, Krystal and Bowser Jr. really don't compare to Ridley ANYMORE. Maybe back when they were even more popular and important, but those times are past us.

But true that, on your second statement. Zero Suit Samus though? How do you explain that? Samus could have easily had the same Final Smash minus the falling apart of the Power Suit and left room for Ridley.

It's rather weird IMO.

FE6 was promoted in Melee. But FE10 wasn't promoted in Brawl, Ike didn't even have his FE10 outfit.

In addition, since FE13 will be out before Smash 4, Chrome isn't a promotion character like so many people think.

Chrome is just another FE Lord, and should be treated as such. That's not to say he doesn't have a chance though, but with a lack of popularity and knowledge, and the fact that so far he reminds everyone of Ike, I'm not expecting him right at the moment.
Agreed. We'll just have to wait and see. If he really skyrockets in popularity the same way Ike did, then I'd bet on him before Roy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom