• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
What are you talking about? The song I linked you, wasn't that THE song? I mean, that song is definitely 100% Beware of the Forest Mushrooms.

EDIT: Awh, well I still believe it was GENO, and BotFM. So, YEAH. I can see it being Banjo as well, but I severely doubt it was.
Sorry man, that song you had listed is a fan arrangement that was popularized by a user "claiming" to have the song files for the missing Brawl tracks (ironically forgetting the one track that was on record of being in several demos yet cut from final release.) Of course it was not true but it caught like wild fire none the less. Truth is the track missing simply has the song listed as Mushroom Forest, that's it. Considering ianother track from Partner's in Time was cut I have a feeling it was likely the forest track from that game. That is just my own theory.

yani_

Smash Ace
Sorry man, that song you had listed is a fan arrangement that was popularized by a user "claiming" to have the song files for the missing Brawl tracks (ironically forgetting the one track that was on record of being in several demos yet cut from final release.) Of course it was not true but it caught like wild fire none the less. Truth is the track missing simply has the song listed as Mushroom Forest, that's it. Considering ianother track from Partner's in Time was cut I have a feeling it was likely the forest track from that game. That is just my own theory.
Wait. That rework of Beware the forest's mushrooms was fan made? WAY TO CRUSH MY DREAMS

Still a wonderful track nonetheless

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

The mother ship of the PMC company, Outer Heaven, Liquid Ocelot's submersible battleship, Outer Haven appears!

Being such a huge local, one can expect for this stage to be rather large. Similar to Castle Siege, fighters shall move from one part of the ship to the next fighting each other and the stage's many safeguards against intruders.

Main Deck: The starting spot, it is walk-off-able and there are no hazards. Gekkos and Frogs that patrol the area can be seen in the background along with Rex's Rail Cannon. Screaming Mantis will eventually appear and will shift the stage to the next location.

Command Center: Yet another basic part of the stage, Screaming Mantis and Frogs can be seen in the background though. After a short amount of time Mantis will yet again shift the stage to another room.

Missle Hanger: A completely flat and walk-off-able part of the stage. Here you slowly move through the 1 room as the screen scrolls by. A horde of Dwarf Gekkos (Scarabs) appear in the background and will sometimes jump onto the stage. They're pretty slow and can be attacked, going down in 1 hit, but if you're not careful they can latch onto you and hold you in a throw animation, which is not good on a scrolling stage. The stage shifts again when you reach the microwave room, and you begin to see the GW server room.

Ship Exterior: The spot where Snake and Ocelot had their final battle. A basic square section of the stage, there are no hazards. The background is lit up with a sunset making this part of the stage very atmospheric.

Stage Example(s):

Main Deck:

_____xxxxxxx_____
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxx_____xxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Command Center:

\_____________/

Missle Hanger:

Ship Exterior:
_________
|xxxxxxxxx|
|xxxxxxxxx|

Stage Name: Outer Haven
Stage Icon: Foxhound Logo

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - Old Snake
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - Laughing Octopus
Metal Gear Solid 4: Rex Vs. Ray
Metal Gear Solid 4: Love Theme
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - Main Theme ~ Battle 2
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - Heaven's Divide
Metal Gear Solid: Main Theme
Metal Gear Solid - Gray Fox
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes - Psycho Mantis
Metal Gear Solid 2: Tanker Incident
Metal Gear - Return of Fox Hounder (Ending)
Metal Gear Solid: MGS4 ~Theme of Love~Smash Bros. Brawl Version (Brawl)

^^Credit also goes to Star for helping me out again with music

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
That is true.

Although I will admit, it could have been worse, I could have also used the Microwave room. :awesome:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
LOL

afk still reading the pokemon manga. Just getting to the part where Yellow has freed the three legendary dog pokemon.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Sounds good. Although I'm not a big fan of the GSC arc. It just never appealed to me as much as the other arcs.

Nice to see you're enjoying it though. ;)

D

Deleted member

@---: Not a bad concept, though I should get a Metal Gear game if possible.

I'm too lazy so I'll just share some stuff:

Gameplay: Any idea on how to make SSB 4 not too defensive. I think one of the main things that made it too defensive is... the air dodge... Actually, I have nothing against this but since people make a big **** out of it, maybe I should find out a solution (Not that Sakurai is gonna use this idea). SO.... Here are the following solutions... OTHER THAN CHANGING THE PHYSICS

1.) Add traditional blocking (Ground/air) and melee air dodge.
2.) Leave as is and suck it (Fine with this one imo)
3.) Add air shielding
4.) Make it a melee air dodge instead
5.) Remove air dodging
6.) Brawl air dodge (L button) makes the character fall fast and melee air dodge (R) is pretty much itself like in melee
7.) Brawl air dodge is the same (L button) and so is the melee air dodge (R button)

PERSONALLY, I'm fine with either 1 or 2. #2 maybe it's because I like the defensive nature so don't take it seriously :awesome:

Regarding character descriptions, I'll do it for fun just like everyone here as always:

Saki - Saki is a straight forward run and gun style rush down. He uses his blaster to rush down just like in his old days in Sin and Punishment. He's fast and extremely mobile plus he can fly in the air thanks to his trusty jetpack! His attacks are also fast but they lack power and priority which Saki might have a problem with.

Little Mac - Little Mac is a small hard hitter. He can blow out a lot of damage if he gets in the opponent and it's not so hard for him to get in thanks to his quick agility and good mobility. Once you get hit by Mac, expect your percent to raise up from 0% to maybe 45% damage! Unfortunately though, Mac dislikes those people who use projectiles too much.

Characters: Okay... Let's see what we have here....

Geno - ERM..... Hm..... Right..... MUUUUR..... Close enough.

Some pokemon - I DON'T KNOW HIM D:!!!!!

Sup Iblis.

So..... *Looks around to check if any pokemon fan is around except Iblis*

Where should I start with Pokemon?

WAIT. I'll be back for a while. HOLD IT

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Yeah I became a pokefan. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not about to hop into these silly poke debates that always happen here. LOL

If you want to understand pokemon better and not get (like how I get when watching the anime) bored, read the manga. This **** is fresh yo.

But to stay on topic, errr what are we talking about?

I would choose options 1,2,6, and 7

Edit: Nevermind, I'm cool with Ruby now. My ***** took Sapphires measurements :awesome:

Back

Oh and.... You're actually fine with the brawl air dodge!? WOW. I thought I was a loner in this one.

Oh and maybe...... I'll try reading the manga.

YAY! So I'm not alone after all in this one....

Dude... you're about to have 8k posts.

I don't want another Smash 64, melee or brawl though. Like you, I want a game with a ton of depth at the same time, also easy to learn. Um... In general : easy to learn, hard to master.

Off for now soon

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

The mother ship of the PMC company, Outer Heaven, Liquid Ocelot's submersible battleship, Outer Haven appears!

Being such a huge local, one can expect for this stage to be rather large. Similar to Castle Siege, fighters shall move from one part of the ship to the next fighting each other and the stage's many safeguards against intruders.

Main Deck: The starting spot, it is walk-off-able and there are no hazards. Gekkos and Frogs that patrol the area can be seen in the background along with Rex's Rail Cannon. Screaming Mantis will eventually appear and will shift the stage to the next location.

Command Center: Yet another basic part of the stage, Screaming Mantis and Frogs can be seen in the background though. After a short amount of time Mantis will yet again shift the stage to another room.

Missle Hanger: A completely flat and walk-off-able part of the stage. Here you slowly move through the 1 room as the screen scrolls by. A horde of Dwarf Gekkos (Scarabs) appear in the background and will sometimes jump onto the stage. They're pretty slow and can be attacked, going down in 1 hit, but if you're not careful they can latch onto you and hold you in a throw animation, which is not good on a scrolling stage. The stage shifts again when you reach the microwave room, and you begin to see the GW server room.

Ship Exterior: The spot where Snake and Ocelot had their final battle. A basic square section of the stage, there are no hazards. The background is lit up with a sunset making this part of the stage very atmospheric.

Stage Example(s):

Main Deck:

_____xxxxxxx_____
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxx_____xxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Command Center:

\_____________/

Missle Hanger:

Ship Exterior:
_________
|xxxxxxxxx|
|xxxxxxxxx|

Stage Name: Outer Haven
Stage Icon: Foxhound Logo

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - Old Snake
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - Laughing Octopus
Metal Gear Solid 4: Rex Vs. Ray
Metal Gear Solid 4: Love Theme
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - Main Theme ~ Battle 2
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - Heaven's Divide
Metal Gear Solid: Main Theme
Metal Gear Solid - Gray Fox
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes - Psycho Mantis
Metal Gear Solid 2: Tanker Incident
Metal Gear - Return of Fox Hounder (Ending)
Metal Gear Solid: MGS4 ~Theme of Love~Smash Bros. Brawl Version (Brawl)

^^Credit also goes to Star for helping me out again with music
Not bad, but I agree with Iblis to an extent. Shouldn't the main deck be walk off-able since it is a ship? That really depends upon how large the ship is though, I guess. Either way a job well done. Me gusta.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
HA. 8,000 posts are nothing. When I reach 10,000, I'll rip this thread a new one! So when my post count hits 9,999. I'll stop posting for a while and let a page or so go by, I'll quote everyone and find some way to disagree and debate with them.

Seeing how that's how I like to do things. ;)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
1.) Add traditional blocking (Ground/air) and melee air dodge.
2.) Leave as is and suck it (Fine with this one imo)
3.) Add air shielding
4.) Make it a melee air dodge instead
5.) Remove air dodging
6.) Brawl air dodge (L button) makes the character fall fast and melee air dodge (R) is pretty much itself like in melee
7.) Brawl air dodge is the same (L button) and so is the melee air dodge (R button)
I'd go with 1, but I'm iffy on air blocking.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Not bad, but I agree with Iblis to an extent. Shouldn't the main deck be walk off-able since it is a ship? That really depends upon how large the ship is though, I guess. Either way a job well done. Me gusta.
I'm guessing you haven't played MGS4? If so you should, it's a really great game. ;)

As the Main Deck is the largest part of the ship and is the longest section of the ship you must sneak past. Heck it's so large it can hold multiple Gekkos and Rays. lol

At this point I'm starting to feel like playing it myself again when I get home after finals this week. lol

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Well, after what I've heard yesterday, I definitely think we'll only be gettin' 1 new third-party character (preferably Mega Man or Pac-Man)

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Well, after what I've heard yesterday, I definitely think we'll only be gettin' 1 new third-party character (preferably Mega Man or Pac-Man)

About how difficult it is to get third-party characters? If so, then I agree that 3 third-party characters is the max we should expect.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
So I heard Xenoblade is coming to the US I guess Shulks chances just went up.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Come to the dark side, Elza and Kanan are waiting.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Now I want you to look at this.

It's not just me right? She has freakishly long legs, doesn't she?

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Wii RPG characters? Weird, I actually have trophies for those characters as well. lol

Anyway I don't know enough about those games to really get behind any of those characters. So I'm neutral for now.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
*looks at Kanan*

DO YOU SEE WHAT SHE IS WEARING? How can you NOT love her? That outfit is amazing :3 BUt yeah, her body makes NO SENSE in that picture.

Steam

Smash Hero
adding traditional blocking to smash would be stupid because it's meant to be a FFA game,

air dashing would be stupid because characters are already very mobile in the air and can double jump.

stop overcomplicating my smash brothers. the fact that it's simple is what makes it good

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
1. The shielding option would still be there so at least in FFAs, that isn't really changed. Another thing they can do is set the system up where unblockable setups are impossible. Skullgirls has such a thing in the works. The question now is whether or not left/right unblockables are taken care of as well.

Another thing is that when you are in blockstun, you're still blocking (this was not the case for 3rd Strike) so technically you'd have to block the first attack that strikes (or either one if simultaneous) and the other one will be autoblocked. The only way you'd be screwed over is if two or three people set you up in a frame trap.

2. I'm actually iffy on air dashing and air blocking.

3. The game's not THAT simple. We have a lot of indepth material as it is. Smash's control scheme may be simple, but the game is by no means easy to master, and you should know that.

D

Deleted member

If The Last Story hits here (which I am not expecting), then I will get it. That is the Wii game I have been waiting for.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I actually haven't looked into either of them... I'll probably end up picking up Xenoblade though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom