• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
with the football (sports) games... it goes deeper than what you believe. but all of this has nothing to do with smash brothers...

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Gosh, I think it'd be a perfect song for a Kirby stage, and it's the one song in Returns to Dreamland I can't find...

Can someone help me find the music of the battle right after Landia(said to avoid spoilers)?

Ya know, the battle where you ride Landia? Sorta like the Kabula fight in SSU.

Edit: Nevermind. I found it. It's the same song as the final stage. It's really cool, too.

:phone:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
This is only the beginning Star...

Hype leak for my stage concept

More to come...
Metal Harbor huh? That is a good choice for an Adventure stage. I don't know why you are targeting me when I am not even competing? Only a judge. lol

I'm waiting to see what everyone else cooks up.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I know you're a judge. I just target the best :p

That's how a real competition works right? There's no mal intent behind me targeting you anyways, it's just my source of inspiration.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I know you're a judge. I just target the best :p

That's how a real competition works right? There's no mal intent behind me targeting you anyways, it's just my source of inspiration.
I'm not knocking it, whatever gets you to present a better product. ;)

I was simply making a comment because it seemed like you were expecting me to compete. I was just clarifying my role.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Metal Harbor huh? That is a good choice for an Adventure stage. I don't know why you are targeting me when I am not even competing? Only a judge. lol

I'm waiting to see what everyone else cooks up.
Speaking of the judging, should we make, I don't know, a separate Backroom thread where the judges talk it over? Like, someone posts their idea to said Backroom thread, and the judges talk it over.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well I think I'll drop out, I'm not liking what I have so far, the stage I have in mind is just way too complicated, that and I don't like rushing my ideas.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well my goal in the end, when I start getting really good at it is to out do you.

:awesome: So prepare yourself :awesome:
Considering my stage concept will be coming to a close in the next couple of months I am afraid you are going to be disappointed. Once Luigi's Mansion 2 and Kid Icarus: Uprising are released I will be finished. Only with the third party concepts do I utilize more of my creative liberty.

Speaking of the judging, should we make, I don't know, a separate Backroom thread where the judges talk it over? Like, someone posts their idea to said Backroom thread, and the judges talk it over.

This sounds like a good way to handle the judging.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Here's my stage Star

[COLLAPSE="Concept"]Bowser's Galaxy Generator

You start off here... you see Luma's flying around in the background and Starbits will rain down around you. All of a sudden a Luma appears! And it turns into a Sling Star you're then launched off to the next part of the stage.

Your launched off to a Volcanic Planet and your floating around on a platform...

As you float around lava will occasionally spurt up and cause damage upon contact, similar to the lava on Norfair. As soon as you reach the small platform on the bottom you'll be warped off to another planet.

You'll soon find yourself on the Banzai Bill planet, Banzai Bills will launch at you occasionally but can be destroyed with projectiles. The screen will flip around like the Parasite Queen stage in Brawl.

You soon meet the end of the Galaxy Generator, after fighting on the Banzai Bill Planet your warped off to a meteorite which you must battle on top of. The gravity is pretty funky here so it would almost be like a Special Brawl with Gravity.

You finally arrive on the Grand Star Planet? At this point it's pretty much a regular battlefield no hazards or anything just Starbits floating around. On some occasions you'll see the Comet Observatory pass by in the background.

Songs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEN7gYTQyfU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pld7U49oJ0Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW7pdX7pDM0&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwvaWuh9E64
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keeM4wFRJWk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxBWGS99yJc&feature=relmfu[/COLLAPSE]

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Considering my stage concept will be coming to a close in the next couple of months I am afraid you are going to be disappointed. Once Luigi's Mansion 2 and Kid Icarus: Uprising are released I will be finished. Only with the third party concepts do I utilize more of my creative liberty.

This sounds like a good way to handle the judging.
Do you want me to make a thread for that in the Backroom now, then? Or should someone else?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'm not playing stage contest. Don't care enough.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Here's my stage Star

[COLLAPSE="Concept"]Bowser's Galaxy Generator

You start off here... you see Luma's flying around in the background and Starbits will rain down around you. All of a sudden a Luma appears! And it turns into a Sling Star you're then launched off to the next part of the stage.

Your launched off to a Volcanic Planet and your floating around on a platform...

As you float around lava will occasionally spurt up and cause damage upon contact, similar to the lava on Norfair. As soon as you reach the small platform on the bottom you'll be warped off to another planet.

You'll soon find yourself on the Banzai Bill planet, Banzai Bills will launch at you occasionally but can be destroyed with projectiles. The screen will flip around like the Parasite Queen stage in Brawl.

You soon meet the end of the Galaxy Generator, after fighting on the Banzai Bill Planet your warped off to a meteorite which you must battle on top of. The gravity is pretty funky here so it would almost be like a Special Brawl with Gravity.

You finally arrive on the Grand Star Planet? At this point it's pretty much a regular battlefield no hazards or anything just Starbits floating around. On some occasions you'll see the Comet Observatory pass by in the background.

Songs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEN7gYTQyfU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pld7U49oJ0Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW7pdX7pDM0&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwvaWuh9E64
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keeM4wFRJWk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxBWGS99yJc&feature=relmfu[/COLLAPSE]
I'll save my thoughts for the group. :)

Do you want me to make a thread for that in the Backroom now, then? Or should someone else?

You are more than welcome to create the sub-group.

@Shortie:

Stop being a bitter bug.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Okay! Star, the group is up. Someone should probably PM Luco about it though...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'm not a bitter bug. I really am just apathetic when it comes to the idea of a contest. I'll still do stages, just not in the mood to.

Star, stop being a butthead.

I actually think Fossil Fighters is a GOOD addition to Smash. Although I was thinking maybe something along the lines of an item/AT? A level COULD work though.

@M&SG
That's exactly what I DON'T want costumes to do.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Too much to ask for IMO.

Alternate costumes should be strict. Doc, Wario, and a select few others should have deserving alt. Costumes.
Like I've said before, alternate outfits would not affect character movesets, but they can help represent characters who aren't popular enough to be a separate entity.

Obviously, Dr. Mario would have to be limited to being an alternate outfit, since he IS Mario.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I'm not a bitter bug. I really am just apathetic when it comes to the idea of a contest. I'll still do stages, just not in the mood to.

Star, stop being a butthead.

I actually think Fossil Fighters is a GOOD addition to Smash. Although I was thinking maybe something along the lines of an item/AT? A level COULD work though.

@M&SG
That's exactly what I DON'T want costumes to do.
Well, who says it has to stay a contest? Once the contest hype dies down, you COULD still post there, if only to see someone else's professional opinion.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I went to draw a new version of Balloon Island, but then I decided to draw me, if I was a Mother character, and then I got bored and tried to make a percect pentagram, with evey point touching one another. (Think Naruto chakra types). That's why I'm out of the competition. My mind is very wandery today.

I'll still make level's just not for le contesty. I THINK I'll do one right now.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Like I've said before, alternate outfits would not affect character movesets, but they can help represent characters who aren't popular enough to be a separate entity.

Obviously, Dr. Mario would have to be limited to being an alternate outfit, since he IS Mario.
Lordy yes. That's what I want. Many characters don't need a spot. But a costume repping them? That's pretty good overall.

Whether it would be MegaMan with an X costume, Mario with a Dr. Mario costume, two versions of Warios, etc. Also, Blood Falcon appeared this way from the start. He was always a costume of Captain Falcon's.

Daisy colors was available too, although we all know Peach doesn't look exactly like her, but that's fine. They can keep their body shape.

Inb4PichuCostumesInBrawl

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Pichu model swap = GOOD IDEA

I would LOVE a Notch-Eared/Pikachu Colored tag team as a character duo. Screw Plusle and Minun. I mean, LOOK AT THE TWO!

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
so i've been gone for about a week. some friends and I went to Nashville for the CMA Awards (awesome, btw). what'd i miss?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Still can't see Pichu model swap as feasible. Or a Young Link swap for Toon Link.

I remember some were actually against Blood Falcon being an alternate costume, lol. It's like, you take Falcon's red color, change the symbol on his helmet and boots, add spikes to his shoulder plate, and you have yourself a complete Blood Falcon outfit. Goodness, it ALREADY says "BLOOD HAWK" on the back.

Also I'm kind of late, but Dry Bowser for Bowser should be fine, Shorts. I mean, he's still Bowser. Just skin-challenged. Just like how when Mario puts on his white coat he's Dr. Mario, so when Bowser takes off his skin, he's Dry Bowser!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Drclaw: Lots of Character/Course discussion. Some silly copyright crap and unneeded whining about "no third parties"(which is pointless, since they'll most likely be in Sm4sh anyway.)

Other than that... not much.

@Oasis: Pikachu adopted Pichu's goggles, mostly. A lot of Pichu's costumes were given to Brawl!Pikachu. And yeah, slight model swaps are fine. It doesn't affect gameplay other than making you LOOK awesome, and it gives us less worry about clones. That's freaking sweet.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Dr. Claw: Not much, pretty much everything HF said. There is a Stage Concept competition going on though, and I think you're the next up on the BR list (don't get your hopes up though). ;)

As for alternates I can only see:

Dry Bowser
Helmetless MM

That is all.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Shortie I'm really not interested in dealing with your snarky responses. I was not saying anything bad about you only to call you a bitter bug. Which was a very lighthearted tease. Chill out.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Lol, butthead IS pretty strong language isn't it Star.

Also I must remind everyone that Luigi wearing Princess Peach's dress (From Mario & Luigi: SSS) is a much better alt costume compared to Mr. L.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Oasis: I don't think that would work out, it'd just be easier to make that Peach's alt. lol

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Nothing interesting still? Eh, that sucks.

Got news: HyperBlade and the Victini Blog are closed. After Skyrim's release, I find it hard to come here. I'll return once news appears, or this place gets interesting to me.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
@Oasis: I don't think that would work out, it'd just be easier to make that Peach's alt. lol
What no. No no no. It's fine. You just don't understand.

Actually, you're right. U3U The dress couldn't simply follow CLOTH PHYSICS, it would require actual animations. My dreams. Crushed.

I'M SORRY, PRINCESS LUIGI. You'll never get to be in a silly screenshot with Takamaru.

@HyperFalcon: Whoa there. Such language. Might offend Starphoenix. :troll::troll::troll:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I totally want to see a photoshopped screenshot of that, Oasis.

Also, it'd be cool to see somebody uses hacks to show that. Of course, a dress IS pretty hard to animate, heh.

@asage: Ah. That's too bad, though. Wait, who was being immature, or do you mean YouTube?(which you can flag most comments, etc. A lot of them are jerkholes)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
What does this have to do with her still being a canon character? She still is regardless.
Daisy hasn't done anything at all in the Mario franchise aside appearing in party games.

You're missing my point. Many characters have more personality regardless of Canon. It's fine if you don't find them interesting due to not liking those particular games. Also, there's already been arguments over which ones are definitely canon. Just saying.
No you're missing my point. I get you say personality is not related to canon. What I'm saying is people's view on a character is often based on when and how they appear. If they appear in a good game, often people want to play them. People wouldn't care about Mario if all his games were garbage.

Plot has nothing to do with the character in this case. Their personality is not usually plot-related. In this case, we're talking about how they think and act(in general, not becaseu of plot). And honestly, character development is second on my list, gameplay being first.
Who honestly cares about characters in party games? You choose the one with the funniest voice, play a mini-game, and you usually forget you owned that game or have played that game after 3 months.

People remember characters from Mario games like Super Mario Bros., Super Mario World, Super Mario RPG, Super Mario 64, and Super Mario Galaxy because those games were good. If they were There's no point in remembering anybody or caring about anybody from a mediocre party game like Mario Party.

Why would anyone go out of there way to buy a game with forgettable characters from forgettable games=??? Nobody wants to be forgettable. That's why football quarterbacks want to be like Joe Montana instead of Rex Grossman, U.S. Presidents want to be like George Washington instead of Jimmy Carter, and cereal box characters want to be Tony the Tiger, not Count Chocula. (that cereal is nasty!) :laugh:

Remember Sakurai's first rule on character inclusion:
The character's inclusion must make people want to play the game.
How many people would want to play the game just for Waluigi=??? Everything he could "add" is already there with Luigi and Wario. Even the retro characters, like Ice Climbers, Marth, Pit, and ROB make people want to play as the game. Who doesn't want to control two characters, use a master swordsman, an angel, or a friggen robot=??? :laugh:

Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix. It may not be canon, but it's there. Role in Mario Canon game =/= Role in Game.
Who actually bought that game, or would bother playing that game=???

If your best bet to make it in to smash bros. over the likes of Toad (who is in nearly every Mario game), Bowser Jr. (who has a major role in recent Mario games), Paper Mario (who has his own series), Dixie Kong (who had her own game, and was in huge DKC games), K. Rool (who is the main villain of the Donkey Kong franchise), Ridley (who is a major villain in nearly every Metroid game), various Pokémon (aka the biggest handheld series ever with several ridiculously popular monsters), Mewtwo (who has a massive fan base wanting him back in smash), Samurai Goroh (who appears as a playable racer in nearly every F-Zero game, and is Captain Falcon's rival), Roy (who has his loyal Melee players who want him back), a new Fire Emblem character (who obviously will star in a new Fire Emblem game to possibly get in like Roy and Ike), Paletuna (who has a major role in the Kid Icarus franchise), Mega Man (who is one of the biggest icons of gaming), Pac-Man (who stars in the most recognizable game of all-time that 94% of people recognize according to the Davie-Brown Index), and various more interesting retro characters (Mach Rider, the Balloon Fighter, Urban Champion, Sukapon, etc) is appearing as the main villain in a Dance Dance Revolution spin-off... then your shot is nil.

That's powers, not personality. You're mixing the two up here.
No, the way I remember Mario is "the dude with red overalls who can jump really high, collects coins, earns power ups, uses mushrooms, beats the baddie, saves the princess, and has awesome games." What else is there to remember=???

Then why did Mario mainly team up with him?
I don't know what you're referring to. Quite frankly I don't play Mario spin off games, the first three Mario Party games and the older Mario Kart games aside (plus Mario Kart DS).

And I also don't think anyone really cares about Mario spin-offs that much to deep read into them.

Tingle's better. Likewise, no, they're not related, and they're both interesting characters. Also, Tingle was in Canon, so I don't see what the analogy is here.
Waluigi thinks he is Luigi?.. and Wario?
Tingle thinks he's a reincarnated fairy.

But yes, Tingle is more worthy. He stars his own games (that failed), he has a role in canon Zelda games, and he's also much more... developed? (still not worthy, though)

Play his game. He works hard for his money. A morally dubious person, but it's not like he didn't do his job.
I am not wasting my time on Tingle's lame games, especially given all the awesome games I will undoubtedly never play. I still have to play and beat Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy II, Final Fantasy III, Final Fantasy V, Final Fantasy IV: The After (And IV DS), Final Fantasy Tactics, Oracles of Ages and Seasons, Donkey Kong Country 3 (I got halfway through it before my parents sold my SNES), :( Secrets of Mana, Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Fable, Civilization III and on, Shogun: Total War II, Batman Arkham Asylum, Batman Arkham City, and most importantly, Superman 64. :awesome:

He was imprisoned in the Wind Waker for stealing that camera though, so he is a thief. It's too bad you couldn't murder him...

He's not official related to Wario in any way. And that was obviously a joke response right there.
If I'm not joking, I'm not responding... :awesome: :cool: :glare:

Edit: If we're doing silly photoshopped photos, we oughta do a few Pit mains. Lord knows how crazy they are (and they usually look it). :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom