• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I wouldn't place so much appeal in originality. Originality doesn't mean it's good or bad. Like you, I pick the characters I find fun, but I look into what they're capable of so I can win. El Fuerte and Juri may be original characters, but that doesn't mean **** in the competitive world. What matters there is winning. For me, I want to win my way.
What I mean is, I don't play the same cards everybody else does. I don't netdeck(except technically one deck, and I put my own spin on it). I get what you mean. I just play who/what I like.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Banjo-Kazooie

Neutral: Egg Shot-Banjo gets on all fours, and Kazooie pops out to shoot an egg. Chargeable. Depending on charge, a different egg will be shot. Click: Regular Egg-4% damage. Kinda charged: Fire Egg. Causes residual burn damage. Moves fast. Egg: 9%. Residual burn: 1% every 5 seconds for spread out length of time. Fully charged: Grenade Egg. Moves slowly, but has the most power. Upon impact, the egg explodes, resulting in an explosion 2 character spaces in all directions. Egg: 18% damage. Explosion: 5% damage.

Side: Beak Barge-Banjo will charge forward, and Kazooie will smash anything in range with her beak. After hitting an opponent, the two will keep going for a bit. Hitbox is the same at all points, but damage decreases the longer the move goes on. DMG: 8-22%, depending on how long the move has been going.

Up: Flip Flap Backflip-Kazooie will extend her wings and flap, thrusting the duo upward. Even in the air, opponents should be cautious, as the attack button can be pressed to make Banjo kick his legs, which can do decent damage. Hitting Kazooie's wings when she flaps also results in minor damage. DMG: 0%. If Banjo kicks: 10%. Kazooie's wings: 4%.

Down: Bill Drill-Banjo flips over, his back facing the ground. Kazooie will then thrust down, using her beak like a drill, spinning in place for a bit. The two then flip back over. Can cause combo damage. Sparks flying from Kazooie's beak also cause minor damage. In the air, the two will simply thrust down, smashing anybody they hit. Possible Meteor Smash. DMG(On Ground): 19%(if all hits connect). Sparks: 1% each. DMG(In Air): 21%.

:phone:
Stage Entry: A starting pad from the original Banjo-Kazooie appears, and they materialize onto it.

Taunts:
1. Banjo jumps into the air, and Kazooie flaps. The two flutter for a bit.
2. Kazooie coughs up a Jiggy. Banjo picks it up and gives it back to Kazooie.
3. A Jinjo flies around the two, and they look at it and smile.

Winner's Circle:
1. They perform the dance from BK for when the collect a Jiggy.
2. They perform the dance in BK for when a Note Door is opened.
3. Banjo and Kazooie play their instruments in triumph.

Loser's Circle: Banjo claps whole-heartedly, while Kazooie makes goofy faces at the winner.

Snake Codec:
Snake: Otacon! What's with the bear? Why is it wearing yellow shorts and a backpack?
Otacon: Oh, that's Banjo. He's a talking bear who lives in Spiral Mountain on the Isle O' Hags.
Snake: Isle O' Hags? Doesn't sound like that good of a home to me...
Otacon: Oh, trust me, Snake. I don't think he likes it very much either. You see, back in 1998, Banjo's little sister Tooty was kidnapped by the evil witch Gruntilda.
Snake: Hmmm... How many times has this kind of thing happened to him?
Otacon: Ummm... Four, I think. First Tooty, then his friend Kazooie. In 2000, his best buddy Bottles the mole was killed by Gruntilda, and he spent his time trying to both stop Gruntilda and find a way to bring Bottles back to life. Then in 2008, he and Gruntilda fought for the rights of Spiral Mountain.
Snake: Hmmm... Fighting for friends, family, and a home... Wait... What's with the backpack, though?
Otacon: Oh, that's where Kazooie lives. Careful Snake, or you'll get an egg in the face!
Snake: Uh... Okay... Thanks.

(A) Combo:
A: Banjo swipes with his right hand.
AA: Banjo swipes with his right hand, followed by his left.
AAA: Banjo swipes with both hands, and Kazooie pecks once. DMG: 3% for each of Banjo's punches, 5% for Kazooie's beak.

Tilts:
Side: Banjo punches with both fists. 7% damage.
Down: Kazooie sweeps the ground with her wing along the ground. Causes tripping. 6% damage.
Up: Kazooie makes an scissor sweep with her wings. 10% damage.

Dash: Banjo will roll into the opponent. 8% damage.

Smash Attacks:
Side: Kazooie will peck, but Banjo will pull her out and smashes her against the ground. Exactly like the Pink SNS egg secret move in Banjo-Tooie. DMG(Peck): 5%. DMG(Smash): 13%.
Up: Kazooie will thrust herself out of Banjo's backpack(similar to Talon Torpedo) and careen into the opponent. DMG: 15%.
Down: Kazooie will peck to the left and right. DMG: 11% per hit.

Aerials:
Fair: Kazooie will use the Rat-a-tat Rap, pecking three times. DMG: 9% per hit.
Nair: Banjo will perform a small spin. 7% damage.
Bair: Banjo flings his back pack behind him(similar to Pack Whack). 11% damage.
Uair: Kazooie will peck the air above Banjo in three places. 8% per hit.
Dair: Banjo and Kazooie will use Beak Buster. When they hit someone, they will bounce off of that character. 13% damage.

Whew, that took a while to think of. Any thoughts?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Mushroom Kingdom III Desert

One of the most iconic spots in the Super Mario series finally becomes accessible in Smash! Mushroom Kingdom III is a new twist on Melee’s other Iconic locations, MKI and MKII. This new aged version takes the sand spouts, and quicksand traps of the Super Mario Desert areas, and combines them into single stage. The heatwaves, pyramids, and clear blue skies finally land a spot on the stage roster! When Making this stage I was really looking to rejuvenate Smash. Brawl’s level’s really, well sucked IMO so I decided to look back at Melee, and try to find out what made their level’s so appealing to me. The charm, and simplicity of the first two installments of the MK series is really what I aimed for here. You have three platforms, two sand spouts, and to the right an area where quicksand is located. The two on the end are made of dirt (like picture 2) while the second is made of stone blocks (Picture 1) Lastly we have a Piranha plant, spitting fireballs on the far left. The plant is easily destroyed if his pestering nature becomes too much of a hastle, and doesn’t come back.

Like I said, I went for that essence of a GOOD STANDARD STAGE, with some minimal twists, that don’t make the stage a hassle to play on. Stages like Termina Bay, and Mushroom Kingdom(s) play a similar role. They have slight variants, but nothing annoying like 75m, or WarioWare.

Home Stage of: Bowser Jr, Toad

New Super Mario Bros Wii - Desert Music
New Super Mario Bros Wii - Overworld Music
New Super Mario Bros Wii -Battle / Castle Boss (Medley)
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Slipsand Galaxy
Super Mario Kart - Mario Circuit
Mario Kart Wii - Grumble Volcano
Super Mario 64 - Bowser's Road
Mario Party 3 - Nice and Easy
Mario Tennis - Tournament Finales
Super Mario Sunshine - Secret Level
Yoshi Story - Baby Bowser's Lulliby
Super Mario RPG - Smithy Final Boss

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I like the stage concept though I personally disagree with the arch-type design, but that has more to do with what I feel is likelier and less my own preference. The lack of music is disappointing. Typically I am not a fan of stages with an "island" design, but for Mario it could work. I'm expecting a Mushroom Kingdom III of sorts with either, or both, New Super Mario Bros or Super Mario 3D land being the inspiration.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'm making stages I like, not what is likely, so that's that. Also, I'm picking out some music now~

I don't really like Mushroomy Kingdom. I find it to be an ugly, UGLY, so UNMario level. It's so ugly..

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Thinking about it now, that would make for a really fun stage, good idea Shortie. ;)

Ugg, I have so many stage ideas, but the hardest part right now it coming up with a basic layout. Well back to thinking. lol

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Actually, i think i'm itching for a stage with lots of random things, hubbubbullubs and things going witch-what-who everywhere. Basically really active/live stages. I know we don't want an awful lot of those but 1 or 2 at least would be fun i think. Even if Warioware and the Metroid stages could get annoying when trying to play competitively they were heaps of fun to play casually with everything being a challenge and all. They really challenged you to think outside the square and i really like that every once in a while. ^^

EDIT: OOPS double post, sorry guys! :/

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Luco: I think I have a stage in mind that could satisfy that. ;)

Right now it's a spritual successor to Brinstar Depths...

I'll get working on it in a little while, right now I'm too busy killing Ridley. :p

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I would want to draw my stages.

But I'm too lazy for that.

I don't even care for the layout of the stage. Just the setting! I guess that's why I'll never be as strong as Star in this area. Though he's not THAT strong. :troll:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I vote star in as the critical judge (because of his veteran stage making), Oasis in as the mean judge (because i know he can pull it off and because it's so much fun), and myself as the nice judge (cause i can easily fill the role :D):-P

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Hmm, makes me wish that I had stayed out of this competition to be a judge seeing as I'm up after Star in the veteran status. lol

But yeah that sounds fine to me.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Hmm, I guess no one wants to be mean. :laugh:

I can drop out if we need another judge, but I can't say I'm all that mean. lol

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
This is not really to compete as I said I was going to do this anyways. However, with the other stage concepts being presented I though now would be a good time to post it.

I have done two stage concepts for Classic and X and so it is only natural I want to try coming up with an idea for the next largest series, Megaman Battle Network. Despite many fans complaints the Battle Network series is one of the best selling Megaman series ever and almost solely kept Megaman alive during the early part of this decade.

The Internet plays a large role within the Megaman Battle Network universe as every civilization relies on them. The Internet also happens to be the realm of the Net Navis, of which our friend Megaman is one of them. The Internet is a vast place brimming with cybernetic life!

The stage will be comprised of three large, neon, translucent platforms, of which two are on opposite sides along the bottom and another is isolated above. While the platforms are distant from each other there is a way to access all three of them. Each platform will have a warp circle that will transport any character that steps onto one to another platform. To prevent abuse these warp circles will deactivate after heavy amounts of use for a short amount of time.

The background is black, but everything else sparkles with lights and colors; pulsing even greater at points as the denizens of the internet world jack in and out. Just like in the Battle Network titles certain designs will scroll along the backdrop to add to the cybernetic motif. Wire frame looking cubes and designs will scroll diagonally into the bottom left corner, morphing as they do. Behind the players is also a large labyrinth of cybernetic pathways and roads that lead into homepages and other networks. An endless view of cybernetic networks leading to other areas an "cities". In front of some of the homepages security cubes can be seen blocking the road from leading into those pages. Little Mettaur and Bunny viruses will scamper about on the roads causing mischief behind the scenes. Megaman.EXE's pals such as Roll.EXE, Gutsman.EXE, Protoman.EXE and Glyde all make small cameo appearances along the internet road in the background.

Stage Example:

..............._____w_____

_w_________..........._________w_

Stage Name: The Internet
Stage Icon: Chip

-Tracks-
Megaman Network Transmission - Internet Area
Megaman Battle Network - Title
Megaman Battle Network - Fire Field
Megaman Battle Network 2 - Virus Busting
Megaman Battle Network 3 - Great Battlers
Megaman Battle Network 3 - Shine in the Dark
Megaman Battle Network 4 - Battle Pressure
Megaman Battle Network 4.5 - Fighter's Soul
Megaman Battle Network 5 - Battle Start!
Megaman Battle Network 5 - Nebula Gray
Megaman Battle Network 6 - Two of Braves
Megaman Battle Network 6 - Surge of Power
Megaman Operation Shooting Star - Starforce Megaman

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Sure, I'll be a judge. My only piece of advice is keep the stages simple yet interesting. Put detail into giving descriptions that will cause your audience to use their imaginations.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I'm not sure if, when you're invisible, you get notifications but just in case, Star i did post on your profile.

Also i'm still trying to encourage people to take a look at the Slime and Chocobo moveset on the sphere grid in our group. If you guys wish i can post a link?

And i'm happy to be a judge but only if you guys want, i'm not in the habit of appointing myself something without consent from the general community.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Yes I still get notifications.

No one is saying you can't not judge. In fact it is better if more people pitch in with the critiquing process.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Man this makes me wish that I hadn't used some of my past concepts. lol

@Luco: I think you'd be a fine judge. Especially if you're the one who judges the music. ;)

Anyway I like I said I can judge if people want me too. Being in the competition or judging, either one is fine with me.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'd say start up something in the backroom. That would be easier to submit and keep track of everything. Instead we will only get lost trying to manage everything here. We can just refer everyone to the group when needed.

As far as when it begins I have no idea. All I know is I'm out for awhile.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
That sounds good, although who are the judges again?

Star, Luco, and who else?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Alrighty, i was planning on posting some epic battle music to start it, but i'll wait until shortie and star get back + whoever else wishes to judge, ok?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
That sounds good, although who are the judges again?

Star, Luco, and who else?
If you want, I could be a judge. Judging overall creativity or something like that. Ya know, your call.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Make Shorts the mean judge.
I'm too mean for that. You should make a stage SLOWasis! I was going to sprite out a level.

Aww, but i though Oasis would want to do it. :(
You aren't allowed to talk to Oasis. HE IS MY FRIEND. I don't share. EUUUUURAAAAAGHHHH~

I'm game. How many stages do we submit?

Any news? Anyone else confirmed other than wiggler and geno?
I pooped my pants because I thought you were talking about mK7.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Any news? Anyone else confirmed other than wiggler and geno?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yeah i suppose so, but i think star popped out fora while. I'm happy to start though and tell him about it after so he can put in input. If so.... Then epic music i will start. That ok?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
@Luco
Yeah I'm fine with that. Just one question. Can I be a judge for something? I kinda wanna.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yup, sure! ^^

By all means judge creativity and all. We'll get the stages and our input to star as well who will give us some help in it.

EDIT: Oh darn, i have to go. :c

Perhaps you guys can relay info to me? Perhaps someone else can judge for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom