• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I love MGS1 themes, hell, they are my favorites themes of all time! Especially The Hind D battles with Liquid Snake from PSX. :grin:

:phone:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Who said I was dissing Monkey Ball?

I'm not working on any stage at the moment.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
5 pages from 3000 pages... Is this thread the biggest thread on smashboards by any chance or am i a noob and there are threads with tens of thousands of pages?

A jungle stage would excite me, i love natural themed stages (with the possible exception of Smashville)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Java: I ment Mega Man. Ex. Ice, Freeze, Blizzard, Cold, Chill Man, Chill Penguin, ect. So many good songs. :cool:

@Omega: Have you finished you Roster yet?

OmegaXXII

I have a few stage ideas right now so I'd rather not spoil them at the moment.

So please don't make me almost lie again. :p
Oh, so you are doing it and not Star? Oh...nevermind, I like to bug Star not you lol...go ahead and please us with what you have. :laugh:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Oh, so you are doing it and not Star? Oh...nevermind, I like to bug Star not you lol...go ahead and please us with what you have. :laugh:

I'm not sure yet, but if I do it, I do want Star's help with Music.

As for a Jungle stage, I was thinking about it, and with MGS3 3DS coming out it does have a good chance at happening. Although don't we have D.K. for Jungle stages? :laugh:

OmegaXXII

Yes, I agree with Luco, a jungle based stage would be wonders, nothing like that silly Jungle Japes stage though.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
@Java: I ment Mega Man. Ex. Ice, Freeze, Blizzard, Cold, Chill Man, Chill Penguin, ect. So many good songs. :cool:

@Omega: Have you finished you Roster yet?
The sad thing I must admit here is I have no experience with Mega Man or his games whatsoever. :ohwell: But having heard music from his games thanks to Star's stages, I'll go add a Megaman song or two. ;)

I'll also add a link to the Flowstone Cave song I so enjoy from Nehrim. It has no chance of ever appearing in Smash Bros. for being in a mod of a video game whose publisher has never released a game on a Nintendo system, but it's so atmospheric and awesome. Link (The song is one of the download links, located under Dungeon)

@Omega: As I said, if your roster is at least 75% complete or so, just post it in the Broom or here and fix it over time. It's been over fifteen minutes.

Plus, there's nothing too horribly important discussion-here that you're going to miss, I think. ;)

@Java

I just saw your new music picks. Good choices. ;)
Thank you.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I just want to hop on the top of a gharial's head.

Maybe the Cobra Unit could be worked into it? Some bees might fly by, poison darts could be thrown at you, you might get sniped by The End, and I guess The Fury could just fly by and burn someone.

Really don't want The Sorrow to show up. *shivers*

D

Deleted member

5 pages from 3000 pages... Is this thread the biggest thread on smashboards by any chance or am i a noob and there are threads with tens of thousands of pages?

A jungle stage would excite me, i love natural themed stages (with the possible exception of Smashville)
I have no idea, but I'm expecting it to break 100,000 before E3 2012.

OmegaXXII

Yes, it should be a blast when that day comes, it's already at nearly 50,000 right now.

Okay, I'll post it simuteneously then. :)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I hope not. I'd hate to lose all of this.
*Looks around*

No we can lose this.

Losing the original SSB4 thread was a MUCH MUCH MUCH bigger loss in terms of ideas.

OF COURSE, nothing is lost if you've posted in a place, at least once!

I think that may happen. But oh well, that's why we have the backroom.
Either that or a name change.

D

Deleted member

By "lose", I mean the thread being erased entirely. I think the SSB4 thread is still around, just closed.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
By "lose", I mean the thread being erased entirely. I think the SSB4 thread is still around, just closed.
Meh. If you're a smart kitty, you save all your "Important posts". It's around, I only know of one way to get there. SOOOOO much gold in that thread.

So much.

OmegaXXII

Whelp, somebody should post those " important" posts as referance in the discussion group, I think I'll download the whole thread once it's closed.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hmm, looking at some of the links provided in the backroom, i finally stuck me that it seems they want to have it so that you can customize your character. Do you guys suppose this means aesthetics, such as looks and such, or do you think they mean actual gameplay, such as having 'levels' and special items? I'm not sure how i'd feel if it were the latter. It was explained that a negative point would be the losing of the 'instant play' feel. I guess i'd have to agree if that happened.

Oh i do hope they only mean aesthetics...

Alternately i hope i'm getting the facts wrong.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well someone finally looked at the link/info thread. :p

As for customization, I have no idea. Personally I'd guess maybe an improved stage build, more uses for stickers.

All I'm guessing is that Sakurai maybe had this all planned out a head of time during Brawl but he was never able to include it due to time.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Well i do like the idea of unlocking certain alternate costumes...

I'd love to be able to unlock really cool parts for stages, such as different ground types(instead of the same old block) and certain features for backgrounds (such as stars from dreamland, mushrooms from mushroomy kingdom, etc etc.

Oh, and cameo characters...

OmegaXXII

Well, it might get pushed back since Kid Icarus got delayed, who knows, unless Sakurai divided SORA up as far as development goes then all should be fine, otherwise I'm expecting a delay such as Brawl.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Even if development does start sometime this month, despite Uprising, it probably won't be anything of too much significance, and at least surely not as significant as it WOULD have been.

I guess?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Even if development does start sometime this month, despite Uprising, it probably won't be anything of too much significance, and at least surely not as significant as it WOULD have been.

I guess?
I'm hoping shortly after announcements of developement, we'll hear announcements of a character poll.

I'M ASSUMING the poll is a write-in. Although I'm not sure if it's open ended in terms of how many votes you get, you know?

OmegaXXII

Well i do like the idea of unlocking certain alternate costumes...

I'd love to be able to unlock really cool parts for stages, such as different ground types(instead of the same old block) and certain features for backgrounds (such as stars from dreamland, mushrooms from mushroomy kingdom, etc etc.

Oh, and cameo characters...

I actually like the idea as well, think about it, having unlockable parts for creating more unique customized stages would be cool, not to mention the cameos, like Dedede was in Melee in Dreamland or Ridley in Sector Z, those would work in favor, I'd say they would be perfect DLC material.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'm hoping shortly after announcements of developement, we'll hear announcements of a character poll.

I'M ASSUMING the poll is a write-in. Although I'm not sure if it's open ended in terms of how many votes you get, you know?
As far as I know, the poll began after the first trailer for Brawl. Which is a little strange, as it seems counter intuitive. I dunno, maybe next summer? Maybe?

And it was a write-in. AGAIN, AS FAR AS I KNOW, WHICH I'M NOT REALLY AN AUTHORITY IN THIS AREA, you would choose a category (item, stage, character, music I think) and then write whatever. I'm not aware of a sort of limit to how much you could write, or a number of votes you were allowed. Hopefully, even if there was a limit, you were allowed multiple votes per category...

CHRONOBOUND...

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
Just got here, so I wanted to put my input in. I'd say Muddy is, because if you don't count the Game and Watch, he was on the first of Nintendo's major handhelds. Just wondering, what made you put Tamagon on the list? I've seen more Devil requests than Tamagon, and even then, it was only one.

I think Devil only had more request since he appeared as an assist trophy. Plus Devil is the villain and I feel that Tamagon would get the spot since he is the main protagonist of the game.

Not saying that his series has a good chance to make it into Smash, just wanted to point out what retro series was still available region-wise

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
As far as I know, the poll began after the first trailer for Brawl. Which is a little strange, as it seems counter intuitive. I dunno, maybe next summer? Maybe?

And it was a write-in. AGAIN, AS FAR AS I KNOW, WHICH I'M NOT REALLY AN AUTHORITY IN THIS AREA, you would choose a category (item, stage, character, music I think) and then write whatever. I'm not aware of a sort of limit to how much you could write, or a number of votes you were allowed. Hopefully, even if there was a limit, you were allowed multiple votes per category...

CHRONOBOUND...
WAIT, so the Brawl poll wasnt strictly characters?

Hmmm. If we only get one catagory, I think anyone who doesn't pick Character is an idiot... even picking stage or an item is just a poor choice.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I guess it was essentially a suggestion box, really.

And I mean, even if you did only get ONE "vote", I'm pretty sure there's nothing saying you can't just list all the characters you want. SO, perhaps you may want to get to writing a concise little message on everything you really want. :awesome:

Er well, per category.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I guess it was essentially a suggestion box, really.

And I mean, even if you did only get ONE "vote", I'm pretty sure there's nothing saying you can't just list all the characters you want. SO, perhaps you may want to get to writing a concise little message on everything you really want. :awesome:

Er well, per category.
WELL, what you're describing, I honestly thought was Sakurai's blog. You write him, and he responds to a few of the suggestions.

I always thought Sakurai's blog was just a type of fanmail, and the Brawl "polls" were seperate.

Am I wrong? SOMEONE TELL ME! D:

I hope they have the Lavender Town theme from Pokemon in this.
BRAWL should have had it. I hope this time we get it.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
...HURM. Now I'm not sure. D:

I think what I've been describing is the poll, just SOMETIMES, Sakurai would take some of the "votes" and comment on them on his blog?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
...HURM. Now I'm not sure. D:

I think what I've been describing is the poll, just SOMETIMES, Sakurai would take some of the "votes" and comment on them on his blog?
YOU COULD BE RIGHT.

I wish someone would save us! RIDLEY, KRYSTAL, PIGMA! Help us team StarCat!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Team StarCat's primary purpose in the galaxy is pestering ChronoBound. We hoard his address for ourselves so General Pepper will pay us.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Team StarCat's primary purpose in the galaxy is pestering ChronoBound. We hoard his address for ourselves so General Pepper will pay us.
Krystal = Shorts

Ridley = Oasis

Pigma = . . .

That's what I wanna know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom