• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I don't know if busy is the word? More like bored. For the most part though I think this covers the stages for the third party series I feel even have the remotest chance of happening.
Well I saw your Bomberman one. Pretty good. ;)

Although I think you forgot the dark horse of the 3rd partys. :cool:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well I saw your Bomberman one. Pretty good. ;)

Although I think you forgot the dark horse of the 3rd parties. :cool:
Which series am I forgetting?

My current stage concept count is at thirty seven.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Meh, Ninja Gaiden. I'd rather do a stage for the good ninjas. Too bad they have zero chance of happening. Because I could really raise shell with my stage idea. Ohohoho lots and lots of shell my little dearies...

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well it's not like any of us are forcing you to make a stage. :laugh:

I was just reminding you of another possible series. No offense. ;)

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I have no attachment to Ninja Gaiden. I played the other Konami ninja games.

Sonic the Hedgehog stage I could do.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Me too. I've only played the first 2 NES Ninja Gaidens. And either way a stage would more than likely come from the modern day series.

Although a Sonic (or Metal Gear) stage does sounds like fun. ;)

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Ninja Gaiden is Tecmo tho...

@Omega
Where did Sonic come from?
Anyway I think a revamped Green Hill would be nice. Otherwise City Escape or Emerald Coast would be cool.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Ninja Gaiden is Tecmo tho...
Yes well the Ninja Gaiden series has a good history with Nintendo which has recently increased a lot due to Other M, DoA 3DS, NGDS, and NG3 on the Wii U.

Ryu Hayabusa is the dark horse of the 3rd parties for a good reason. Although I do think he's the 3rd most likely to get in after MM or a Square character.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Well, here's my first stage concept. I decided to make a unique concept based loosely off a franchise that's been with Smash Bros. since Melee.

It's an ice cavern carved into the depths of Infinite Glacier, otherwise known as Icicle Mountain. The action takes places inside a large connecting chamber in Icicle Mountain's expansive tunnel system. Below the area where players fight is a gushing underground river. Behind the main platforms on this stage is first a mound of slippery ice, and then a steep ice wall into which several cavern entrances are carved. The stage's basic layout is pictured below.

The platforms on this stage are defined by a particularly deep blue color, in case you need to know. The various hazards and features of this stage, each marked as "H" on the stage, are as follows:
  1. Stalactites: These stalactites are hanging precariously from the top of the chamber. When a player is KO'd into the upwards boundary, a loud boom is heard, indicating that the player has "hit" the wall of the cave. Following this boom and KO, all of the stalactites will fall from the ceiling of the cave onto players below. If they hit an object mid-air or any of the platforms, they immediately shatter.
  2. Cavern Openings: These cavern openings dot the walls and ceilings of the cavern. Within these openings is utter darkness. The gimmick behind these features is occasionally, the Condor from Ice Climber will randomly swoop through one of these caverns into the background of the chamber, and then subsequently fly through another cavern opening and disappear again. While flying through the main chamber in which players fight, the Condor can grab with it's talons one of the creatures mentioned below.
  3. Creatures: On the mini ice mountain in the background, various Ice Climber enemies can be witnessed moving about. Seal Topi will climb up one side of the mountain to slide down the other. Yeti Topi will drop from up above the level and walk casually along the mountain. Polar Bears, with their pink shorts and ultra cool sunglasses (:cool:), will literally walk about and push the other Topi out of their way, sending those other Topi falling off the mountain. As noted above, these creatures can be snatched by the talons of the Condor as the Condor swoops through the cavern.
  4. Destructible Platform: The slanted platform as seen in the diagram is destructible and can shatter into shards of ices once destroyed.
  5. Underground River (Not Marked): An underground river gushes below the stage. It works much like Jungle Japes did in Brawl, in that it is very fast and hard to jump out of.

Hopefully the diagram helped you guys understand, and hopefully you enjoy.

Stage Name: Icicle Cavern
Stage Icon: Eggplant

--- Music ---
Balloon Fight - Bonus Round (ORIGINAL version, as heard in Melee as well)
Mole Mania - Snow
Ice Hockey - Main Theme
Vegas Stakes - Title Screen (0:00 - 0:57) / Buffalo Head (2:57 - 3:16) / The 2020 (Medley)
Famicom Tantei Club 2 - Confession of a Murderer
Warlocked - Caves
Super Smash Bros. Melee - Icicle Mountain
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Ice Climber
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Balloon Trip
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Shin Onigashima
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Clu Clu Land

And songs that probably can't or will never happen, but should.

Megaman X - Chill Penguin (Snow Mountain Stage
Megaman X4 - Frost Walrus Stage 2 (Snow Base)
Secret of Mana - A Bell is Tolling (Ice Palace)
Nehrim: At Fate's Edge - Flowstone Cave (It's a download link located under "Dungeon")

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Wow you went all out with your stage concept Java. Good Work.

It seems that I finally won't be the only guest stage concepter anymore. ;)

Although if you need help with music just ask Star, he's a big help when it comes to stuff like that.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Hmmm... Perhaps I forgot that detail.
Just thought you were suggesting it was Konami

Yes well the Ninja Gaiden series has a good history with Nintendo which has recently increased a lot due to Other M, DoA 3DS, NGDS, and NG3 on the Wii U.

Ryu Hayabusa is the dark horse of the 3rd parties for a good reason. Although I do think he's the 3rd most likely to get in after MM or a Square character.
I know all that haha I just said that for the above reason

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Shortie would like permission to die a little inside because a Sonic stage is being created before a NiGHTS stage.

@Shortie
Who was complaining about Pokemon?
I don't remember. Someone was complaining about how much one of the movies sucked, which made me laugh, because it's a children's show.

@Java, line those pictures one under another, it will help with the stretching!

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Wow you went all out with your stage concept Java. Good Work.

It seems that I finally won't be the only guest stage concepter anymore. ;)

Although if you need help with music just ask Star, he's a big help when it comes to stuff like that.
I like making stages - they're really a largely ignored, yet important portion of the game. The problem is making stages for me takes a lot of time, especially since I put in the effort and pain to make those stage diagrams in Microsoft Paint. :p

I'm adding music now.

Ice Climbers retro is good, nice job.
Thank you. :)

That is definitely a unique take on Ice Climbers. Good job. Even though it would never happen I would want to hear this song so badly.

http://youtu.be/1KQ_-p7iILo
Wow, that's a beautiful piece. And thank you for commenting.

Of course, I would post the song Flowstone Cave from Nehrim as a "I wish" choice IF IT WEREN'T FOR THE FACT IT'S NOT ON YOUTUBE. :p

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Shortie would like permission to die a little inside because a Sonic stage is being created before a NiGHTS stage.
I've never played a NiGHTS game. I barely even know what the series is. I've played a lot of Sega titles, but that one I have not.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Permission is granted.

I'll throw everyone a curveball and do something unexpected like a Monkey Ball stage.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Wow everyone wants a new Sonic stage, so I guess I'm the only one who wants a new MG stage also. :p

Oh well. But at least I found which series to do my next stage concept for. ;)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
To be quite honest I've wanted to do a new Metal Gear Solid stage just so I could post some music.

Old Snake
Sorry, I thought you were more busy working on a new Sonic stage.

Yes, that song is a must. :cool:

I do have a few ideas for a stage, but other then 1 or 2 songs, I do need help with the music yet again. ;)

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
@Java, line those pictures one under another, it will help with the stretching!
Fixed.

To be quite honest I've wanted to do a new Metal Gear Solid stage just so I could post some music.

Old Snake
Laughing Octopus
Metal Gear has some awesome music. If Snake doesn't return for SSB4, I wouldn't miss him so much as I would miss his franchise's music in Smash Bros.!

BTW, found an awesome tune for my Icicle Cavern stage. The caves theme from an obscure Game Boy title called Warlocked. Very rocking and haunting if you ask me.

Hey JavaCroc, I enjoyed your idea for a stage. It gives us something new to work with and show the creativity of the developers. Sadly, I am not confident in Ice Climbers getting a new stage.
Neither am I confident. Although the potential for another Ice Climber stage is there as I showed, The Summit was a very good stage stage for the franchise, and frankly, I think my stage was pushing the limits for an Ice Climber stage. I expect Ice Climber as well as Game & Watch to only get their Brawl stages back and nothing more.

Me too. We NEED Old Snake. :cool:

Good tune. Athough is it Nintendo? Also if you need a few more songs, might I suggest looking at MM? ;)
Well, the game from which the song comes was published by Nintendo. The developer itself I just found out is dead and doesn't exist anymore. So this song's chances probably aren't too good. :sad:

And what do you mean by MM? Majora's Mask?

D

Deleted member

Hey JavaCroc, I enjoyed your idea for a stage. It gives us something new to work with and show the creativity of the developers. Sadly, I am not confident in Ice Climbers getting a new stage.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Metal Gear has some awesome music. If Snake doesn't return for SSB4, I wouldn't miss him so much as I would miss his franchise's music in Smash Bros.!

BTW, found an awesome tune for my Icicle Cavern stage. The caves theme from an obscure Game Boy title called Warlocked. Very rocking and haunting if you ask me.
Me too. We NEED Old Snake. :cool:

Good tune. Athough is it Nintendo? Also if you need a few more songs, might I suggest looking at MM? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom