• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Giovanni would be better since he would be the perfect antagonist against Pokemon Trainer (Red) but then again, N is just as evil (and relevant).

:phone:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm back yet again. :awesome:

Aside from speaking, how was Mewtwo based off the movie? And Lucario?
For Mewtwo, I'd say mostly the Shadow Ball move. As for Lucario, the fact it could speak.

I for one am hoping for at least Mewtwo to based more closely on himself in the manga (which was the 1st time he really appeared in any major Pokemon media).

I'd actually rather have N instead of Giovanni... I'll actually post a moveset for him in a second I just have to make it.
Agreed. And make his moveset good. ;)

OmegaXXII

Genesect over Victini? Well didn't someone else get a movie the following year after Lucario? If so they failed, same could apply to Genesect if he's in a similar situation.

If it was Darkrai, I really don't see a difference then, also why would Sakurai wait until then to decide on a new candidate?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@SSBF- But, as I said before, Darkrai had its own problems to deal with. I think the Genies would be a much better comparison to Darkrai's case than Genesect.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Darkrai?

From what I heard from early builds of Brawl, he was a Pokeball Pokemon. And either way he got in as a trophy, so I do think we should expect something similar from whatever Pokemon (Keldeo?) is shown in the movie next year.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Newcomer N

The King of Team Plasma N joins the fray! He doesn't do his fighting directly of course but he uses his Pokemon "friends" to fight for him. Something about this guy seems pretty spacey I can't exactly put my finger on it.

Playstyle

N would play just like Pokemon Trainer he'd use three different Pokemon in order to fight however unlike Pokemon Trainer the whole stamina thing really doesn't apply to his Pokemon. I wonder if this is because he is the superior Pokemon Trainer?

Darmanitan

Darmanitan is one of the Pokemon that N uses in battle... Darmanitan would be an extremely powerful character like Ike or D3 however despite being extremely powerful most of his attacks would be pretty slow.

Stats
Size: A bit smaller then Bowser.
Power: 9/10
Speed: 4/10
Jump: 6/10

Moveset

A- Darmanitan swings one of its fist.
AA - Darmanitan swings its other fist.
AAA - Darmanitan lunges foward headbutting the opponent.
Dash A - Darmanitan cloaks itself in fire and slams into the opponent.

Tilts
F-Tilt: Darmanitan strikes the opponent with its palm cloaked in fire.
D-Tilt: Darmanitan slams both of its fist on the ground.
U-Tilt: Darmanitan swings both of its arms over its head.

Aerials
N-Air: Darmanitan spins around in the air while shooting small fire balls.
F-Air: Darmanitan sends a small flare at the opponent.
D-Air: Darmanitan clenches both hands together and slams them down on the opponent.
B-Air: Darmanitan kicks one foot back at the opponent.
U-Air: Darmanitan claps its hands upward resulting in a burst of fire.

Smash Attacks
Forward Smash: Darmanitan winds up its fist and smashes the opponent with a powerful punch cloaked in flames.
Up Smash: Darmanitan bounces up slaming into the opponent.
Down Smash: Darmanitan slams both fist on the ground resulting in an explosion of flames.

Special Moves

Standard Special Move: Incinerate
Darmanitan fires a few small fire ball at the opponent. This move doesn't do that much damage itself but whenever the opponent is holding an item it'll burn it rendering it useless if you charge up the move instead of sending a few small fire balls Darmanitan will launch one huge fire ball at the opponent.

Side Special Move: Bulldoze
Darmanitan will start stomping on the ground for a bit as you charge it up once you unleash the attack Darmanitan will charge towards for the opponent at full force and slam into them. When the opponent is hit they'll become stuck in the ground for a bit almost like the pitfall effect.

Down Special Move: Focus Energy
Darmanitan will glow blue for a bit and once the opponent contacts it Darmanitan will punch the opponent with a fist cloaked with blue energy. If Darmanitan is not attacked while performing this move and attacks the opponent the move will do a lot more damage on the opponent this will not happen all the time you use the move only once in awhile.

Up Special Move: Flare Blitz
Darmanitan lunges up in the air cloaked in flames. However you are not able to chose the direction of the move and Darmanitan is only able to lunge upward.

That's all I have for now I still have to work on the set for Scraggy and the third Pokemon... I don't know who that's going to be though.

D

Deleted member

Darkrai?

From what I heard from early builds of Brawl, he was a Pokeball Pokemon. And either way he got in as a trophy, so I do think we should expect something similar from whatever Pokemon (Keldeo?) is shown in the movie next year.
Not too sure on that, especially if SSB4 is not released until late 2014 or later. If so, since I don't see the roster finalizing until late 2012, if the Pokemon revealed (I'm meaning Meloetta/Genesetct) becomes highly requested, we might get it. Remember, Mewtwo got in and it wasn't a mascot (neither were Red's starters in Brawl).

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@---
Well, either way I don't think movie's really do justice to inclusion.
Agreed. Also, Spoon Sword... :cool:

Keldeo? Is that another Pokemon entirely, not Genesect right?

He's that My Little Pony looking one.

He's 2 spots a head of Genesect in the Pokedex, and based on how the Pokemon Company handles event Pokemon, he's likely going to be the next one to be revealed.

Ex. Jirachi - Deoxys
Darkrai - Shaymin - Arceus
Victini - Keldeo - Meloetta - Genesect

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
The genies, I hear, are getting an anime special. Keldeo is more than likely going to be in the next movie. Unless the star of the next movie isn't even going to be one of the to-be-revealed Pokemon.

OmegaXXII

Agreed. Also, Spoon Sword... :cool:

He's that My Little Pony looking one.

He's 2 spots a head of Genesect in the Pokedex, and based on how the Pokemon Company handles event Pokemon, he's likely going to be the next one to be revealed.

Ex. Jirachi - Deoxys
Darkrai - Shaymin - Arceus
Victini - Keldeo - Meletoa - Genesect
Interesting, so Keldeo is next in line I assume, so if a movie is in order would it get priority over Genesect?

D

Deleted member

Want to know what's ironic about all this? The fact that an event Pokemon will be playable in SSB4. Its just a matter of what it is.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@Omega
I know right :awesome:
It's one of the 3 unrevealed Gen 5 Pokemon by Nintendo

@SSBFan
I'm pretty sure Mewtwo, Squirtle and Charizard are mascots in a way. Not as much as Pika of course.

OmegaXXII

Thank you! I would give N a Swoobat as his 3rd Pokemon since it does have legs and all.... but I'll finish the moveset tomorrow.
Yeah, I really liked those Pokemon selections, I wouldn't know them since I hardly know anything about him, Giovanni however, would be nice.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Meh. N has so many different Pokemon at hand, who ever he uses will be a surprise.

Although at the moment my bets would be the Gen 5 starters (he uses some in the Manga) or something with Zoroark.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Want to know what's ironic about all this? The fact that an event Pokemon will be playable in SSB4. Its just a matter of what it is.
I think that's incredibly DUMB on their part. Being in Smash will cause that lucky Pokemon to be one of the most well-known EVER, yet you won't be able to catch it.

Balls.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Mewtwo is undisputedly iconic. Not on the level of Pikachu, but I don't think people remember just how big Pokemon: The First Movie was...

D

Deleted member

Meh. N has so many different Pokemon at hand, who ever he uses will be a surprise.

Although at the moment my bets would be the Gen 5 starters (he uses some in the Manga) or something with Zoroark.
I don't think he'll use the Gen 5 starters. N would likely use Pokemons from the games.
I think that's incredibly DUMB on their part. Being in Smash will cause that lucky Pokemon to be one of the most well-known EVER, yet you won't be able to catch it.

Balls.
Hopefully, they eventually graduate one of them from "event" status in the Grey version. Meaning that if Zoroark were to be upgraded, he would be a shoe-in for SSB4 (same applies with Victini, but I think Zoroark would be more likely to be upgraded if any due to not being a legendary).

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Mewtwo is undisputedly iconic. Maybe not on the level of Pikachu, but I don't people just how big Pokemon: The First Movie was...

Having grown up in the early ages of Pokemon, I can say that it was pretty big.

I just wish I had seen it in theaters. :c

But I do remember the 1st time I saw it as a kid. I got it right on the day it was released on VHS.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Same. I got it on VHS as soon as I could. Luckily I got to see the second and third in theaters. Then again, I was really young at the time.

Mewtwo was great back in the day, and still is.

D

Deleted member

I only saw the second movie in theaters. But I loved the first one as a child. Mewtwo was so bad***.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I saw Pokemon the Movie 2000 in theaters it was pretty awkward because I was like five at the time and my parents had to see the movie with me I got a Lugia card though so it was all worth it!

I always cried when I was younger when Ash died in the first movie.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Mewtwo was great back in the day, and still is.
I disagree with that statement. He just got better and better.

Spoon Sword... :troll:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I don't think he'll use the Gen 5 starters. N would likely use Pokemons from the games.Hopefully, they eventually graduate one of them from "event" status in the Grey version. Meaning that if Zoroark were to be upgraded, he would be a shoe-in for SSB4 (same applies with Victini, but I think Zoroark would be more likely to be upgraded if any due to not being a legendary).
I suppose that's a possibility. I'm starting to think that Zoroark would make more sense as playable since, as it does not REEK of Gen-Five-iness like Victini, it would be a better... long-term choice, y'know? Even in the following generations, Zoroark (WOULD HOPEFULLY) be a catch-able Pokemon. Lucario (well, Riolu) can be caught in HG/SS and B/W.

Not really a very important factor, but still.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Mewtwo is better now, I am in dissapoint with people saying "he was cool". :urg:

Mewtwo will almost be cool I remember I almost had a heart attack when I heard the rumor of movie 12 being Arceus, Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina vs Mewtwo. It sucks the movie didn't turn out like that though.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think it has to do for his love of retro things. And yeah, I was just saying that Mewtwo will always be great. He's timeless.

Speaking of retro...

If WHEN Muddy Mole gets in, they need to put the Mole Mania credits theme...I love this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vShfrlIQ6mA Mole Mania - Credits Theme

OmegaXXII

Mewtwo will almost be cool I remember I almost had a heart attack when I heard the rumor of movie 12 being Arceus, Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina vs Mewtwo. It sucks the movie didn't turn out like that though.
Well, there's always a chance right? Yeah, a movie with a bunch of legendaries would be epic, heck, it should have been the next movie instead of Genesect. :awesome:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
When will the Pokemon Company learn? :facepalm:

From what I heard M12 sucked, I mean they lowered the god status of Dialga, Palkia and Giratina to the level of a girl who looks like she has a unibrow. :facepalm:

That and I hated the way they made Arceus sound.

Anyway at least we still have the manga to rely on for Legendary fights. Ex. Mewtwo vs. Deoxys, Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza, etc.

Plus at least in the next volume it'll have a battle royal between all the Sinnoh Legendaries, minus Arceus. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom