• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Even though it may be REVEALED 2014, there's still a good chance it might be made into a Pokeball. We already know a little about Genesect as it is, so one attack isn't too much of a spoiler for it.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Soooo dudes
Now that metaknights banned i've got a question.

How the **** will they balance metaknight next game?!
He just feels like a characer that no matter what will be good. (Assuming they have to stay true to his character)
EASY: leave him as he is and make everyone else amazing. PROBLEM SOLVED.:awesome:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Even though it may be REVEALED 2014, there's still a good chance it might be made into a Pokeball. We already know a little about Genesect as it is, so one attack isn't too much of a spoiler for it.
It's not so much I doubt their FORESIGHT to do such a thing, but going off of BRAWL, they didn't do that for Darkrai.

Still, could happen.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
The only way I can see Genesect getting in is if the game gets delayed or something.... but unless that happens I don't see him getting in no offense to Metal Overlord. I only want Victini or Zoroark

D

Deleted member

The only way Genesect/Meloetta is going to have a chance is if they get a movie next year. If it turns out that Keldeo is the first one revealed, then since I don't see Keldeo getting in, the competition will be simply between Zoroark and Victini, which is already difficult enough to decide as it is.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
The only way Genesect/Meloetta is going to have a chance is if they get a movie next year. If it turns out that Keldeo is the first one revealed, then since I don't see Keldeo getting in, the competition will be simply between Zoroark and Victini, which is already difficult enough to decide as it is.
I'm going to say Victini might have an edge since its movie is coming out in America in two months I think. I'd actually laugh if we got a movie Victini and The Gray Hero:Kyurem then he'd be pretty much sealed to get in :awesome:

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Well, I think next year would be too soon for another Pokemon movie, with that said, I don't see it happening then.

:phone:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
What if Genesect only had an anime special. :troll:

But again I'll say the movies aren't the most important factor. I guess SSBF loves relevancy, but Victini and Zoroark are the ONLY two choices for a Gen V Pokemon because they are the BEST representatives of Gen V. Victini is, as far as I can tell, the mascot, and Zoroark was at least the first revealed Gen V Pokemon. Though, it's pretty dumb that all of the best choices, even including the three unrevaled ones, are all event Pokemon.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I think you guys are missing the point.

Not being revealed isn't Genesect's biggest obstacle. I don't even consider it that big of an obstacle (his biggest obstacle, IMO, is Victini). Besides, Roy still got in Melee despite not even technically being a character yet. I dare anyone to try and challenge me on that. So it's not like The Pokemon Company can't ask Sora to develop Genesect for Smash and keep Genesect a secret at the same time.

My point is that Genesect will be the "it" Pokemon by 2014, when Smash 4 hype and speculation will be at a fever pitch. It'll be the Pokemon that the Pokemon Company will be focusing on. So is it really that implausible that The Pokemon Company would want to advertise their newest Pokemon in Smash?

That said, Victini is still the most likely choice for a 5th gen rep, IMO. The point of all this, you might be asking? I'm just sticking up for a character I feel does not deserve to be counted out just uet.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Honestly, Genesect has the Potential to be the next Mewtwo. He has that sort of story about him. It just depends on how well received he is, you know? I mean as far as I'm concerned, it would have been much better for his chances if he was released closely to the same time the game was, like Victini AND Zoroark.
That way, the fanbase is "used" to him and he actually gains attention and a fanbase.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Honestly, Genesect has the Potential to be the next Mewtwo. He has that sort of story about him. It just depends on how well received he is, you know? I mean as far as I'm concerned, it would have been much better for his chances if he was released closely to the same time the game was, like Victini AND Zoroark.
That way, the fanbase is "used" to him and he actually gains attention.
The only Pokemon who can even come close to reaching Mewtwo's epicness is this guy

He makes Genesect look like a puppy dog :cool:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Genesect isn't psychic. :I

I don't see something as dorky looking as Genesect becoming THAT popular. Nor is he as powerful as Mewtwo or Deoxys.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Genesect is Bug/Steel OMEGA. PAY ATTENTION!

We've told you this, like five times!

I don't see something as dorky looking as Genesect becoming THAT popular. Nor is he as powerful as Mewtwo or Deoxys.
The power thing doesn't really matter, I mean . . . Pichu?

BUT, you never know. I think the fact that he isn't an Alien and isn't going to have a creepy Alien type story is going to screw him over. I MEAN, why give an alien looking pokemon an ancient type dino story?

Makes no sense.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
It's not so much I doubt their FORESIGHT to do such a thing, but going off of BRAWL, they didn't do that for Darkrai.

Still, could happen.
Ah that's right, Darkrai was only a trophy. I don't think Darkrai was lucky enough to be one as you say for Genesect. I'm sure at least all the Legendary Pokemon will have trophy representation along with the most popular and Pokeballs (if I'm not mistaken that all Legendaries have been in SSB).

Do movies really have anything to do with inclusion? I know they show off a Pokemon's popularity, but they're all anime based.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Genesect isn't psychic. :I

Stat wise Genesect is even with Deoxys however due to type advantage he does have a slight edge... Deoxys is still better though.

Ah that's right, Darkrai was only a trophy. I don't think Darkrai was lucky enough to be one as you say for Genesect. I'm sure at least all the Legendary Pokemon will have trophy representation along with the most popular and Pokeballs (if I'm not mistaken that all Legendaries have been in SSB).

Do movies really have anything to do with inclusion? I know they show off a Pokemon's popularity, but they're all anime based.
Mewtwo and Lucario were both based on the movie counterparts.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Oasis- Well, of course, Genesect wouldn't be as powerful as Mewtwo and Deoxys. Mewtwo is the ultimate Pokemon (screw Arceus) and Deoxys has 4 different forms.

Anyways, Victini's my guy (so damn cute!), just wanted to show Genesect some love, is all.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
@Oasis- Well, of course, Genesect wouldn't be as powerful as Mewtwo and Deoxys. Mewtwo is the ultimate Pokemon and Deoxys has 4 different forms.

Anyways, Victini's my guy, just wanted to show Genesect some love, is all.

Agreed... well technically Arceus>Mewtwo due to technically being invincible the only thing that affected it was electricity but that was because it was missing the Zap Plate; but Mewtwo will always be the strongest Pokemon in my eyes.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Stregth has nothing to do with inclusion.

Jesse and Jame = 100% Anime based

Mewtwo = 100% Based off of RBY.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
The power thing doesn't really matter, I mean . . . Pichu?

BUT, you never know. I think the fact that he isn't an Alien and isn't going to have a creepy Alien type story is going to screw him over. I MEAN, why give an alien ooking pokemon an ancient type dino story?

Makes no sense.
YEAH, it doesn't really matter, but it's weird seeing him compared with those two other pokes, lol. I JUST FORESEE HIM BEING A HYPE KILLER. He doesn't look strong, may not be that strong (I DUNNO, BST of 600?), yet he'll be hyped as such.

Maybe I just don't like him. :troll:

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I never said they couldn't get in, I actually wouldn't mind them getting in.

Yes I know, if strength did have to do with inclusion Pichu would never be in Melee.
Well, it wasn't aimed at you, other people said Team Rocket can't get in or Meowth due to the anime.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Maybe I just don't like him. :troll:
Probably this. I don't mind Genesect. I like him and all, but my problem is. . . I tend to like the Anthro/Evil Pokemon, so I uually leave him out of my personal rosters. I mean, Mewtwo, Deoxys AND Genesect?....

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Stregth has nothing to do with inclusion.

Jesse and Jame = 100% Anime based

Mewtwo = 100% Based off of RBY.
J&J appeared in Yellow version that was based on the anime though, and the movie is pretty much what made Mewtwo so popular seriously in RBY it was just another legendary Pokemon that you battled well the strongest Pokemon legendary Pokemon in the game.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Agreed... well technically Arceus>Mewtwo due to technically being invincible the only thing that affected it was electricity but that was because it was missing the Zap Plate; but Mewtwo will always be the strongest Pokemon in my eyes.
Ugh, ARCEUS. Don't even get me started on the absolute ****tiest Pokemon in existence...

Strongest Pokemon my ***. :mad:

But, Omega, Team Rocket is 100% anime-based unlike Mewtwo, that's why.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
J&J appeared in Yellow version that was based on the anime though, and the movie is pretty much what made Mewtwo so popular seriously in RBY it was just another legendary Pokemon that you battled well the strongest Pokemon legendary Pokemon in the game.
Doesn't matter. Jesse and James are Anime based, Mewtwo just appeared in the anime.

TEAM ROCKET GRUNT/Giovanni could make it in. Meowth can make it in. JesseJames/Ash cannot.

Actually, I used to hate Arceus, but his role in the Pokemon "Mythology"/Time Line is pretty cool.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Doesn't matter. Jesse and James are Anime based, Mewtwo just appeared in the anime.

TEAM ROCKET GRUNT/Giovanni could make it in. Meowth can make it in. JesseJames/Ash cannot.

Actually, I used to hate Arceus, but his role in the Pokemon "Mythology"/Time Line is pretty cool.
I'd actually rather have N instead of Giovanni... I'll actually post a moveset for him in a second I just have to make it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Now that I think about it, it might be possible to easily speculate which retro might have a chance depending what region their series has appeared on. The "Lesser Extent" means that they made an appearance or was playable in another game, but their series wasn't. This is minus their Smash appearances

WorldWide
Duck Hunt Dog
Balloon Fighter
Excitebiker
Mach Rider
Takamaru (lesser extent)
Lip (lesser extent)

Japan Only
Sukapon
Takamaru
Lip
Tamagon

US Only
Mike Jones

Also I got a question. Is Muddy Mole considered a retro even though his game came out in 1996? I kinda doubt that its retro.
Just got here, so I wanted to put my input in. I'd say Muddy is, because if you don't count the Game and Watch, he was on the first of Nintendo's major handhelds. Just wondering, what made you put Tamagon on the list? I've seen more Devil requests than Tamagon, and even then, it was only one.

D

Deleted member

Opelucid said:
I'm going to say Victini might have an edge since its movie is coming out in America in two months I think. I'd actually laugh if we got a movie Victini and The Gray Hero:Kyurem then he'd be pretty much sealed to get in
From what I've seen, I think Victini is in the lead, but Zoroark is definitely a close second.

And yeah, a third movie would make Victini practically shoe-in for SSB4, although I think they'll use a different Pokemon for Kyurem's movie. I'm suspecting either Meloetta or Keldeo. It could also be the Genies as they were seen at the end credit of Victini's movie.

As for Victini's movies coming out oversea soon, I don't think the release date is what makes it interesting, but the fact it's the first Pokemon movie since 2003 to get a movie release outside of America.

@Metal Overlord: I understand where you're coming from, but the biggest problem with your argument is that by your logic, Darkrai should have gotten in over Lucario due to being closer to Brawl's release. I don't really think it's going to work that way.

The only reason why Genesect may stand a serious chance to get in is if he gets a movie next year. Otherwise, he is out of the question (and yes, I actually do want Genesect in).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom