• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
If albert Wesker is allowed to shoot Chun Li with a GUN in MvC3, I don't see why we can't have a chainsaw in SSB4.

army man

Smash Ace
Yeah, I always figured Snake and everybody else should have some king of "Super" smash involving chain combos, it would be similar to a Smash Ball, but it wouldn't necessarly KO on spot, more like a damage racket kind of thing, but yeah, Snake is pretty much good, just his air game needs improving is all.

:phone:
that's a good idea, kinda like the hack combos i guess

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Well, not necessarly, the sound effects could be altered or changed, even muted, but even so, who would even carry a chainsaw in Smash anyway? I don't think there is such a character right?

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
I don't think it'd be on the WHOLE time. I imagine to be less frequent than full auto guns in CoD or any FPS.
Honestly, I could see Wario using a chainsaw for some reason. He'd also make it all "goofy" looking, so it should fit SSB by then.

@Fob
That's how everyone's Dodge/Roll is...
Are you Filipino by any chance?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
well a chainsaw can cut wes of hers head off and bunch a blood come and yeah just saying :pow:
Bullets to the body are about as obscene as they come. Nintendo wouldn't implement blood, so it wouldn't be a problem.

I will never understand how people find it hard to shoot Peach, but are perfetly fine with riddling Chun Li or Storm with holes.

Any weapon can be done the "right" was to make it Smash approtriate.

OmegaXXII

I'm wondering how Smadh would be if it actually incorporated the "violent" features of it's mature cousins? It would probably be closer to M rated than T, which is strange since Melee was T, yet Brawl "kiddie'd" it down to an E rating.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Brawl is rated T :O
Smash is actually barely rated T because of "violence" through fighting. Otherwise it is rated E.

@Shortie
I think it's because Peach and Zelda are the damsels in distress, unlike Chun Li and Storm who actually do sh**. I don't find it hard to shoot Melee Peach when she asks, "Oooh did I wiiiin?" :glare:

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
Sukapon is a sticker in Brawl.

INTERNATIONAL APPEAL.
I dont know if its just me, so correct me if im wrong. But I think Sukapon's fan support is dying little by little. I have'nt seen much request for him compared to last year.

I think many fans are buying the statement of Sakurai when he said "Dont expect him in the future".

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@Shortie
I think it's because Peach and Zelda are the damsels in distress, unlike Chun Li and Storm who actually do sh**. I don't find it hard to shoot Melee Peach when she asks, "Oooh did I wiiiin?" :glare:
I think to look at one female and say, "Oh, well she's easy to shoot because she fights back" is pretty stupid if you ask me, and wrong on so many levels. Haha.

The point is, things like Chainsaws, Knives, and Guns CAN be done the right way, and still keep a T rating.

If Wesker and Nemisis are in a T game, I think anything is possible for Smash.

I dont know if its just me, so correct me if im wrong. But I think Sukapon's fan support is dying little by little. I have'nt seen much request for him compared to last year.
Honestly, he didn't have much support to begin with. I mean a Japan-only retro isn't going to be exactly the MOST requested character. Heck, I'm willing to bet all the retro's will be beat by Midna once the SSB4 poll comes around. Retro's don't tend to have MASSIVE support.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@Shortie
Yup. There's already shooting in Smash anyway, and people hate Falco's Laser Lock/Hops. I think if Sakurai finally breaks that tradition, then Smash will definitely have more appeal.

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, he didn't have much support to begin with. I mean a Japan-only retro isn't going to be exactly the MOST requested character. Heck, I'm willing to bet all the retro's will be beat by Midna once the SSB4 poll comes around. Retro's don't tend to have MASSIVE support.
A lot of recent or still relevant characters are most likely to beat a majority of the retros. But, I doubt they will be ignored.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

I think many fans are buying the statement of Sakurai when he said "Dont expect him in the future".
That was just a sarcastic remark to SSBF since he was being a silly goose. But yeah, Sukapon would be my second most wanted character, BUT I read all the comments he made toward Sukapon that I could find, AND I SEE THAT HIS REASONING IS SOUND, NOR HAS ANY REASON TO CHANGE. So, he's out of the running.

The only RETRO CHARACTER I can think of that still has massive support is LITTLE MAC.

I'm surprised my chainsaw comments sparked any discussion at all, lol.

OmegaXXII

Little Mac isn't really considered retro anymore since he had a recent game on the Wii, which made him somewhat lose that "retro" status.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
A lot of recent or still relevant characters are most likely to beat a majority of the retros. But, I doubt they will be ignored.
Sakurao won't ignore them, but I can tell you right now us as fans aren't (for the most part) going to use our limited votes on a retro. NOT ALL OF US feel this way, but most of us.

I mean, I can list off my top five I'm going to vote for, and there isn't a single retro in the bunch.

@Takamaru being a retro
He's as retro as Pit was post brawl, pre KIU.

OmegaXXII

Well, that him saying it's retro, but that doesn't change the fact that he probably isn't, characters that I truly call retro would be like Duck Hunt Dog, Sukapon and Takamaru.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Well, that him saying it's retro, but that doesn't change the fact that he probably isn't, characters that I truly call retro would be like Duck Hunt Dog, Sukapon and Takamaru.
I know, right? SSBF needs to hush and just accept that Little Mac is NOT a retro character no matter how often HE SPOUTS that Little Mac IS A RETRO CHARACTER.

:troll:

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
That was just a sarcastic remark to SSBF since he was being a silly goose. But yeah, Sukapon would be my second most wanted character, BUT I read all the comments he made toward Sukapon that I could find, AND I SEE THAT HIS REASONING IS SOUND, NOR HAS ANY REASON TO CHANGE. So, he's out of the running.

The only RETRO CHARACTER I can think of that still has massive support is LITTLE MAC.

I'm surprised my chainsaw comments sparked any discussion at all, lol.
Actually, it wasn't something I heard from SSBF . Heard it from many translated sources. I think the only significant part of the resume for Joy Mech Fight was that it was Nintendo's first Advanced fighting game. I think it was one of the upgraded game from NES to SNES if I recall correctly.

But yea, I dont think Mac is retro. Sure the mainstream title game Punch Out Wii was a remake, but it had its upgrades and new features. Also, I think there was a sequel that starred Doc Luis. And I heard a rumor long about about a possible Punch Out 2, but I cant confirm that to be true. But either way, Punch Out series is pretty relevant in this generation. So he pretty much is out the question for a retro. More likely misc. character my opinion

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
Now that I think about it, it might be possible to easily speculate which retro might have a chance depending what region their series has appeared on. The "Lesser Extent" means that they made an appearance or was playable in another game, but their series wasn't. This is minus their Smash appearances

WorldWide
Duck Hunt Dog
Balloon Fighter
Excitebiker
Mach Rider
Takamaru (lesser extent)
Lip (lesser extent)

Japan Only
Sukapon
Takamaru
Lip
Tamagon

US Only
Mike Jones

Also I got a question. Is Muddy Mole considered a retro even though his game came out in 1996? I kinda doubt that its retro.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I actually think once Wii U comes out, N64 and post are ALL retro characters. Doshin the Giant!

I mean

N64
GC
Wii
Wii U

That was THREE systems ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom