• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Waluigi should be S-Tier. :awesome:

Waluigi: Oh yeah, I'm S-Tier, baby, Waluigi Time!

*does Waluigi dance*

Toad/Saki/Isaac/Pit/Mewtwo/Everyone Else: Wait... huh... Wha... how did... the **** is this ****, dude?!

Waluigi: U mad? :troll:

:phone:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Speaking of tiers, if Mewtwo doesn't get buffed... that'd be absolute weaksauce, dude.

I want to actually be able to main the best Pokemon ever this time around.

I'm not going to worry about that too much, though, I'm reasonably certain he will be.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@Kuma- True, but we all know the soccer moms and the major news outlets don't know that nor would they even care. Trust me, dude, it isn't worth the inevitable controversy. Chainsaws is a no-no for Smash, unfortunately.

I still think it depends on how the chainsaws are implemented. We didn't have problems with swords back in the 80's (I'm assuming), but then we had stuff like fatalities show up which created the ESRB. As long as what happens isn't graphic at all, it probably wouldn't be a problem. After all, we have swords in this game that cut people up into bloody pieces with heads cut off.

So long as we have chainsaws going no farther than Alisa's in Tekken gameplay (whereas they're truly lethal in cutscenes and the movie), it shouldn't be a major problem.

I'm not saying there should be chainsaws in Smash, I'm just simply providing the counter argument.

EDIT: I feel Mewtwo and Roy will come back with significant changes, if not complete revamps. They've been absent in one game so it kind of allows the decision to do a revamp.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I still think it depends on how the chainsaws are implemented. We didn't have problems with swords back in the 80's (I'm assuming), but then we had stuff like fatalities show up which created the ESRB. As long as what happens isn't graphic at all, it probably wouldn't be a problem. After all, we have swords in this game that cut people up into bloody pieces with heads cut off.

So long as we have chainsaws going no farther than Alisa's in Tekken gameplay (whereas they're truly lethal in cutscenes and the movie), it shouldn't be a major problem.

I'm not saying there should be chainsaws in Smash, I'm just simply providing the counter argument.

EDIT: I feel Mewtwo and Roy will come back with significant changes, if not complete revamps. They've been absent in one game so it kind of allows the decision to do a revamp.
Yeah, I guess you're right. I just don't want any unwarranted controversy coming to Smash like it did with Mass Effect...

Sakurai, judging by his comments on the new Dragon Quest game, pays attention to industry standards, and it's becoming an industry standard now to bring back fan-favorite cut content. One reason why I at least expect Mewtwo to come back, if not both Mewtwo and Roy.

@Omega and Vegeta- lol yeah that wasn't my intention but anything for a DBZ reference :laugh:

Ironically though I sound like Yamcha yet I'm black :p

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Yep, now that MK is banned, I wonder if Snake Diidy Kong or any of the other will place high now, M2K might quit, others raged and did so as well.

I'm having a hard time believing he will quit when I remember him saying Smash Bros., was his livelihood...

No one knows, but what I do know is that it will be interesting. Also others already started coming back because of the ban.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
We need cactaur!!! > u>
and ninja since he was in other mario games.

Heheh, and chibi robo would just be awsome sauce

Ehh, IMO, there are much better Square Enix choices...

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I'm having a hard time believing he will quit when I remember him saying Smash Bros., was his livelihood...

No one knows, but what I do know is that it will be interesting. Also others already started coming back because of the ban.
Yeah man, you should have seen the amount of hostility in that thread yesterday, it was outrageous, I guess since MK is out for good, means more players who mained others such as Marth, Ike, heck even Ganon might now want to rejoin in hopes of some good tournaments without worrying about bad match-ups due to Meta-Knight.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace

Exactly, Snake's Grabs are all chokes from Metal Gear which implies killing. Chainsaws don't automatically mean they'll be used like Gears of War. If anything, they'll be used like swords with the ability to "multi attack".
But in the end, there's no other chainsaw user, unless you count MadWorld for Wii. But we already have Sonic as a Sega rep.

I feel like Mewtwo has a better chance of Roy coming back since Mewtwo has more representation to Pokemon than Roy does with FE. Yeah, Marth and Roy did give way to FE being international after Melee, but I dunno if that and some fan demand is gonna bring him back. If he does, he should get an Eliwood costume :)

PersonallyIPreferDair

Smash Apprentice
Exactly, Snake's Grabs are all chokes from Metal Gear which implies killing. Chainsaws don't automatically mean they'll be used like Gears of War. If anything, they'll be used like swords with the ability to "multi attack".
But in the end, there's no other chainsaw user, unless you count MadWorld for Wii. But we already have Sonic as a Sega rep.
It would be dumb to include chainsaws. Chainsaws are a good gimmick for gorey games like L4D2 and GOW. When you take away a chainsaw's conventional use, it becomes lame.

Snake's choke is feasible, because it isn't gorey.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
It would be dumb to include chainsaws. Chainsaws are a good gimmick for gorey games like L4D2 and GOW. When you take away a chainsaw's conventional use, it becomes lame.

Snake's choke is feasible, because it isn't gorey.
I could say the same for swords not drawing blood. Besides, Kumo already said Alisa from Tekken uses one without it being gory.
And Snake's choke isn't gory, but it's more violent than everyone else's Grab

Snake is everyone mixed into one
That's what everyone is :troll:

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@Omega
Actually, Snake is pretty slow. He's more like Zelda, who has speedy attacks.
His FS is actually fine, everyone's FS should be super OP like his so that they can all be FINAL Smashes (KO move). I don't care that much about them anyway, since I like playing Smash 1v1 with no items.

D

Deleted member

I don't think weapons should be limited just because they are "gorey". If chainsaws can be in Tekken without a hitch, Smash can do it as well.

Not that it's necessary, but I concur with KumaOso.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
@Omega
Actually, Snake is pretty slow. He's more like Zelda, who has speedy attacks.
His FS is actually fine, everyone's FS should be super OP like his so that they can all be FINAL Smashes (KO move). I don't care that much about them anyway, since I like playing Smash 1v1 with no items.
Yeah, I always figured Snake and everybody else should have some king of "Super" smash involving chain combos, it would be similar to a Smash Ball, but it wouldn't necessarly KO on spot, more like a damage racket kind of thing, but yeah, Snake is pretty much good, just his air game needs improving is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom