• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
In all of my life of following Zelda games I do not think there is a Zelda game I have anticipated greater than this one. My favorite Zelda game of all time is A Link to the Past. This game just could beat it for me. I am so impressed with this game from what I have been seeing. Getting Hidemaro Fujibayashi as director was probably the best thing Aounuma and Miyamoto did.
Off-topic, but do you feel like this could be a game that newcomers/casual Zelda fans like me could get into? Or more of a, "If you liked the last game, then you'll love this one."-type of game? I might consider picking it up in the future.

:phone:

Kantrip

Kantplay
Panpour / Pansage / Pansear

The elemental monkey trio that you receive a member of based on your starter. These guys are a new concept for the generation and put an emphasis on teaching the basics of type coverage. So I thought they should have basic attacks for their type.

Panpour is the water-type of the trio. Upon release from his pokéball, he begins to shoot Water Guns. These Water Guns act the same as Squirtle's, except they do a light amount of damage, go further, and push a greater distance. I could see him possibly replacing Piplup.

Pansage is the grass type monkey. He would stand there shooting out a flurry of Razor Leaf attacks. These would work like Ivysaur's, except they would go farther, shoot faster, deal more damage, and curve more wildly. I could see him possibly replacing Chikorita.

Pansear, the fire user of the threesome, would use Flamethrower (just like Charizard, see a pattern here?). This flamethrower would be more powerful than Bowser's and Charizard's, including longer range, and more damage per second caught inside. It would also be harder to DI out of. I can see Pansear replacing Cyndaquil.

Cofagrigus

The new coffin sarcophagus pokémon, Cofagrigus sets himself apart from other ghost types through his unique ability: Mummy. When an enemy pokémon makes contact with Cofagrigus, they lose their ability and get Mummy as well. This Mummy can continue to be passed along like some sort of contagious disease.
When Cofagrigus comes out of his pokéball, he floats around the stage until he comes within proximity of an enemy. He uses Curse on them. They then start taking 6% damage per second and he continues to follow them wherever they go, closely behind them. Cofagrigus can be destroyed, however. If he is hit, he will disappear and his Curse will end. However, the person who hit him will be unable to use B moves for a while (around 15 seconds) due to his Mummy ability.

Whimsicott and Cottonee

The cotton pokémon. Whimsicott may appear cute and innocent at first as he floats harmlessly above the battle, but his spores are quite deadly. Whimsicott will float through the air above the stage and rain down an assortment of Cottonee onto the action. These Cottonee will fall slowly to the ground, sit there for a second, and then disappear. That is, unless they find an unsuspecting fighter to unleash PoisonPowder on! If you step onto a Cottonee on the ground or one drifts onto you, you will begin to take a steady 10% damage per second. The Cottonee can be smacked off, and works similarly to the Metroid assist trophy and Olimar's pikmin. After a while of raining his destruction, Whimsicott will float away off the top of the screen.

Blitzle

Blitzle is the first evolution electric zebra pokémon. He is extremely fast, and it shows when he uses Wild Charge. When Blitzle comes out of his pokéball, he will prepare to charge as the lightning bolt on his head charges up and flashes yellow. Then suddenly he will charge across the screen with lightning speed and incredible power, dealing a solid 30% damage and very high knockback to anyone caught in his path. He will promptly disappear afterwards.

Conkeldurr

Conkeldurr is a big bad final evolution fighting type, and he is very strong. Upon release from his pokéball, he will immediately begin to throw the giant stone slabs he lifts, alternating hands left and right, while grabbing more from behind his back as he goes. These slabs will deal around 15% damage to anyone in the air, meteor smashing them straight down with incredible force, and they will do around 30% damage to those on the ground, pushing them into the ground like DK's side B. The slabs fly in a random arc per rock that make the slabs difficult to avoid unless you're behind Conkeldurr.

Genesect

Genesect is already becoming quite a famous pokémon in the 5th generation. He is a deadly steel bug type legendary with his own set of items that change his type (this change really only affects his signature move, Techno Blast). When he comes out of his pokéball, he begins to charge a beam that he will fire straight ahead. This beam works exactly like the beam on Battleship Halberd: When caught in it, you take cumulative damage and are trapped, and when it ends you are sent flying. Genesect's Techno Blast is slightly harder to DI out of and slightly stronger than the Halberd version. It glows with different elemental-type colours.

Victini

This list was made assuming that the 5th gen representative would not be Victini, and would most likely end up being Zoroark. With this in mind, Victini became an obvious candidate for the "special legendary" that comes into the game very little and is extremely rare. When Victini comes out of the pokéball, he lets out his cry and flies to the top and centre of the screen. He then uses V-create. A giant V is formed into the sky out of flames, and then it begins to rain down on the enemies, dealing tremendous knockback and about 20% damage. Also, whatever special rare item is applicable (CD's, stickers, trophies, what have you) rain down to be colleced.

Obviously, these are just some possible candidates from 5th gen exclusively. Not all existing pokéballs would be replaced.
Here it is. This is kind of old, some of my opinions may have changed. For example, Victini is more likely now as playable than when I posted this. Take is with a grain of salt.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Off-topic, but do you feel like this could be a game that newcomers/casual Zelda fans like me could get into? Or more of a, "If you liked the last game, then you'll love this one."-type of game? I might consider picking it up in the future.

I definitely think this is going to be a great entry series game. Go for it.

I wonder why, star... -_-
Hmm... :metaknight:

army man

Smash Ace

you'll definently be into it once you've started. i mean, none of us have played it AND it looks different, but it looks to be as if they put alot of time into this one

Fun fact: Star along with the MK supporters at the brawl speculation was the reason why MK was overpowered and right now.... banned

Am I right? :awesome:

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
I just had a terrifying thought...

Captain Falcon gets cut, and Mach Rider takes his place!!:scared:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hey I did not expect my most wanted newcomer to become overpowered. The sad thing is Sakurai is going to end up taking it to the opposite extreme in the next game and he will hardly be viable. :\

I just had a terrifying thought...

Captain Falcon gets cut, and Mach Rider takes his place!!:scared:
Not terrifying for me since it will never happen anyway
Hey I did not expect my most wanted newcomer to become overpowered. The sad thing is Sakurai is going to end up taking it to the opposite extreme in the next game and he will hardly be viable. :\
Like Kirby from 64 to Melee :urg:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
COME AT ME BRO. ARE YOU PREPARED FOR THE ONSLAUGHT. YOUR HEAD IS SO MANY THINGS. NOT THE LEAST OF WHICH IS POOPOO AND/OR STUPID.

Maybe I'm arriving too late.

Been watching Mad Max movies thanks to Mach Rider.

Why is he having this profound effect on me...

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
The funny thing is Meta-Knight isn't even as broken as Phoenix in UMvC3 is, and that is a game that has a lot more riding on it's balance than Smash Bros. Not to mention this decision is both late and irrelevant.

So being human now qualifies as resembling Captain Falcon?

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
*Looks at C.Falcon and Sheik
Yes...

*Looks at Marth and Falco
Maybe

I hope this time around they actually research the hacks people actually go through the trouble making and get a good idea of balancing and what the players really want (Melee :awesome:)

@Bulma
Link to the Past is probably one of my favorite 2D Zelda games (if you don't count Phantom Hourglass). 2D as in the gameplay, not graphics. You should definitely play it, I actually recently beat it, after years of hiatus from it haha
After that, Ocarina, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess should really be considered for that 3D Zelda feel when it comes to puzzles and action.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Perhaps. But since everyone wants Mach Rider, the thought just crossed my mind. Besides, don't you guys think Captain Falcon kinda resembles Mach Rider? Or maybe Falcon represents the future of Mach Rider?
Meh, I don't think Mach Rider will ever replace what is Falcon, Falcon might even have a new F-Zero on the Wii-U for all we know.

And like Fox from 64 to Mele- wait, no.

I think it's just a coincidence. I mean, the space animals have always been good and Hyrulians have always been bad.
Fox's moveset never change. It's only the physics that affects him.

Link was always bad.... He's low tier or bottom tier in every fighting game including Soul Calibur II....

army man

Smash Ace
*Looks at C.Falcon and Sheik
Yes...

*Looks at Marth and Falco
Maybe

I hope this time around they actually research the hacks people actually go through the trouble making and get a good idea of balancing and what the players really want (Melee :awesome:)

@Bulma
Link to the Past is probably one of my favorite 2D Zelda games (if you don't count Phantom Hourglass). 2D as in the gameplay, not graphics. You should definitely play it, I actually recently beat it, after years of hiatus from it haha
After that, Ocarina, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess should really be considered for that 3D Zelda feel when it comes to puzzles and action.
@bulma? Whatz you sayin boy

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well if being human is now synonymous with being Captain Falcon perhaps the tag line of a future F-Zero title should be "You are Captain Falcon".

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I am talking about "Jean Grey" Phoenix...
Okay, I see who you are talking about, yeah, he isn't as broken.

Well if being human is now synonymous with being Captain Falcon perhaps the tag line of a future F-Zero title should be "You are Captain Falcon".
Which isn't gonna happen to be perfectly honest.

Hey guyzzz.

You want me to show one of the many videos of Phoenix being able to destroy one team all by herself? (But the Chris was ****ing awesome)

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@army man
I'm referring to who I call Bulma, son

@Star
Sakurai just made MK too easy to be good, just like the rest of Brawl for that matter. I hear at MvC3 tourneys she's frowned upon, like noobtubes in CoD :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom