• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Sheik AT *Needle Boosting*

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Holy piss thats smart as hell! B-reversing needles to double jump bair while recovering sounds legit. It will require u to be a little closer to the stage initailly cause of the momentum swap away from the stage but that would mess the piss out of someones gimp attempt plus u can land a back air and possibly kill them. This would be a nasty mixup! Might i suggest if u really wanted to do this and u were a little farther to just do a turnaround B so the momentum swap doesnt push u too far away to recover well.
Yeah I've been using it for a while. Just like everything else, you will automatically know when it is safe to do this.
Since we are on the topic of screwing ups gimps, I want to mention Uair.
Not as awesome as Bair but it serves the same purpose. Just use it when recovers from below the stage.
Just be careful about spike's. <,<

Judo777

Smash Master
The only sad thing is that sheik has low aerial speed so the B-reversal doesnt as much as like snake b reversed grenade. If we could swap momentum like that it would be ridculous.

saviorslegacy

The only sad thing is that sheik has low aerial speed so the B-reversal doesnt as much as like snake b reversed grenade. If we could swap momentum like that it would be ridculous.
I would argue with you there.
Didn't you watch the video? I didn't do a simple B reversal. I done a pivot B reversal.
You can inout the same thing in the air for a similar result. Think Needle Glide.

Judo777

Smash Master
no i was referring to the B-reversed needle cancel when recovering off stage.

Judo777

Smash Master
how do u pivot in mid air? And no snakes is quite a bit more snake moves a full inch on the screen. Infact if snake c4s himself and techs the stage and does the wall kick animation he can B-reverse back onto the stage not even that close to the ledge when he lands

saviorslegacy

how do u pivot in mid air? And no snakes is quite a bit more snake moves a full inch on the screen. Infact if snake c4s himself and techs the stage and does the wall kick animation he can B-reverse back onto the stage not even that close to the ledge when he lands
You don't get the same effect as when you do it on the ground... but the input is the same.
(you are going to the left)
analog left> analog right reverse Needle's> cancel it
Or something analog those lines. I haven't done it enough to tell you the exact input....

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
you actually do still pivot on the ground though it is very slight.. I do this instead of short hop turn around needle.

saviorslegacy

you actually do still pivot on the ground though it is very slight.. I do this instead of short hop turn around needle.
I know you pivot.. I mentioned that.......

If that is all you do then you are not performing what I am talking about.
What I showed in that video was 2 pivots (in a matter) in under a second, not 1.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
All I'm saying is this. The smash comunity has know about this for a while. since the discovery of b-sticking and all that madness. it is true that few sheiks myself included have use the technique practically in compedetive situations. Me because I feel it pros are out weighed by its cons. others I'm sure for other reasons.
But that shouldn't stop you from using it if you feel it improves your game.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I just barely started using DACUS consistently so this may take me awhile hahaha xD.

saviorslegacy

All I'm saying is this. The smash comunity has know about this for a while. since the discovery of b-sticking and all that madness. it is true that few sheiks myself included have use the technique practically in compedetive situations. Me because I feel it pros are out weighed by its cons. others I'm sure for other reasons.
But that shouldn't stop you from using it if you feel it improves your game.
I gave up on the idea that I discovered something since your first post.
I just barely started using DACUS consistently so this may take me awhile hahaha xD.
It's harder than DACUS.....

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
way~ easier than dacus at least for me! I still can't do it consistently. hit B press left/right isn't too too bad until you start stalking stuff around it.

either way though practice helps a lot with the timing.

saviorslegacy

way~ easier than dacus at least for me! I still can't do it consistently. hit B press left/right isn't too too bad until you start stalking stuff around it.

either way though practice helps a lot with the timing.
and so does 1/4 speed......

saviorslegacy

Too risky, thought, I'll give it a try. Also, even if you do it 4/5 times fine, that 1 miss will cost you a lot. That's the problem of it.
It depends who you are spacing. If it is D3, IC's, Falco, Pika or the like, you will get murdered.
If it is someone like MK not much to worry there.

Thing is, don't use it unless you are 100% sure that you will get it, 100% of the time.

Top Bottom