• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Premium Perks

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
So I am active on another forums site (also hosted by XenForo), and they have a chat on their homepage. Has this ever been considered? I think it would be a cool premium perk. :D

E-ColeWorld

Smash Apprentice
If you plan to go on this site a lot, 15$ for a year is next to nothing cost-wise, even if you're on minimum wage. I like Smashboards, I spend a lot of time here, I like that it's a free site, I like the community and I appreciate the effort the staff puts into it. Felt right to give a little back.
I find myself on this site after basketball practice...im thinking about going premium. This community is alright btw IMO, i just wish people would stop with the 64/melee/brawl argument and i would love this community

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I find myself on this site after basketball practice...im thinking about going premium. This community is alright btw IMO, i just wish people would stop with the 64/melee/brawl argument and i would love this community
Eh, it's a bit annoying, but only in certain circles. Most people are pretty excited for Sm4sh. You're always going to have a few people cling to each game. Even PM.

I've loved the series since I was young, and I've never been close to pro at any of the games, so I have no qualms with continuously moving on.

E-ColeWorld

Smash Apprentice
Eh, it's a bit annoying, but only in certain circles. Most people are pretty excited for Sm4sh. You're always going to have a few people cling to each game. Even PM.

I've loved the series since I was young, and I've never been close to pro at any of the games, so I have no qualms with continuously moving on.
Understandable! thanks for the info as well. i will become a premium member next time i see cash rolling in my wallet

Last edited:

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
I want to go premium but you need Paypal (that's what it said when I tried to anyway) and I don't intend on making a paypal :(

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Color fonts for names...cool but I'd rather get discounts or a shirt. Don't see the point in throwing cash away :/

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
I want to go premium but you need Paypal (that's what it said when I tried to anyway) and I don't intend on making a paypal :(
I know for some purchases, you can go through PayPal without actually making an account. I'm not sure if Premium is one of those instances though, because it's recurring by default

Color fonts for names...cool but I'd rather get discounts or a shirt. Don't see the point in throwing cash away :/
I'm not sure I understand the part where you're "throwing cash away" by buying Premium.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
That probably means he doesn't like the features.
Even if there were absolutely zero perks, it's still going towards site costs and then back into other areas of the Smash community like VGBC and Clash via sponsorships

Wyntir

NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
I know for some purchases, you can go through PayPal without actually making an account. I'm not sure if Premium is one of those instances though, because it's recurring by default

I'm not sure I understand the part where you're "throwing cash away" by buying Premium.
Well basically I'm spending $15 for a year. ok I get it it's cheap pricewise BUT to be able to change my name n to have a colorful name is really NOT that big of a deal. Perhaps membership discounts for your Amazon store (I assume that store that is advertised on here for the controllers n etc. is Smashboards'). You know something that actually benefits us. Ok I agree it's supportive BUT hey, I'm not just gonna give someone or a group money bcuz I like a certain video game lol. Sorry if this seems bitter/sarcastic (my natural self). Just think there should be an outstanding perk.

Btw Warchamp7, "even if there's no perks..." dude seriously unless I'm in that competition, I'm not thrilled knowing someone just won MY money. :D

Last edited:

Wyntir

NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
You don't really seem to grasp the idea of Premium.
the point really... I get everyone is trying to earn cash here in America. Why pay if I can get by for free? I would have a totally different attitude IF tournaments were close by BUT they don't happen frequently. So I would buy a premium for someone else to benefit from it. THAT'S how I look at it. COLUMBUS GA SUCKS.. ( I plan on moving to Denver CO in a few years )

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
It's not to make money...I mean it is but it's not like PLEASE GIVE US MONEY OH GOD.
Think of it this way: You like the site? You like the community? You want to support it by having Smashboards support big tournaments and services allowing more people to enjoy the games? You pitch in (donate) $15, or $5, or whatever. You get perks as a thank you. You're not paying for the perks, they're a bonus thing.

you can certainly enjoy the site without premium but it's there for anyone that wants to go hey I like this site and community and want to support it.

Wyntir

NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
I enjoy the website n the community. I WANT to compete. That's really my main prob. I know that's outta your guy's control BUT hey if I can't compete, I don't feel involved. Plus no offense, the admins on here get a little crazy on the warnings. I was warned the other day about double posting.. seriously? lol sorry venting but yeah. Question ( I won't bicker.. I promise )
Is there a 1 month donation? I just wanna try this out to see what the big deal is...since I kinda made a big deal ( I was bored )

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
You can get Premium in 1 month, 3 month, 6 month and 1 year blocks, so yeah you can do that :)

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Yes, you can get 1 month for $3.

Dammit man.

btw Wyntir, Denver is swag and the smash scene is hella chill. You'll love it here n_n.

Last edited:

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Well basically I'm spending $15 for a year. ok I get it it's cheap pricewise BUT to be able to change my name n to have a colorful name is really NOT that big of a deal. Perhaps membership discounts for your Amazon store (I assume that store that is advertised on here for the controllers n etc. is Smashboards'). You know something that actually benefits us. Ok I agree it's supportive BUT hey, I'm not just gonna give someone or a group money bcuz I like a certain video game lol. Sorry if this seems bitter/sarcastic (my natural self). Just think there should be an outstanding perk.

Btw Warchamp7, "even if there's no perks..." dude seriously unless I'm in that competition, I'm not thrilled knowing someone just won MY money. :D
Thank you for the suggestion - there are a lot of things we look at for Premium in order to give value to those who are willing to support the site. Some of that value is in the many site features that are unlocked by being Premium. You may value more tangible things and that is great - we're trying to address those wants as well with our raffles that were launched at the end of 2013.

Wyntir

NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Thank you for the suggestion - there are a lot of things we look at for Premium in order to give value to those who are willing to support the site. Some of that value is in the many site features that are unlocked by being Premium. You may value more tangible things and that is great - we're trying to address those wants as well with our raffles that were launched at the end of 2013.
FINALLY THE ANSWER I WAS WAITING FOR! NOW I CAN CLOSE MY COFFIN N REST TO SLUMBER. The feast was fantastic (vampire talk)

starcock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Starcock
Is one of the perks waiting extra long for a name change?

Last edited:

starcock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Starcock
Oh, so like cupcakes? Gotcha. I will paypal extra to get it done faster before my students see my name is starcock, they may get the wrong idea. Thanks.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Is one of the perks waiting extra long for a name change?
I'm really sorry to bump an old thread but this just made me laugh so loud... I'm not even sure if you were trying to be funny but it struck me that way.

Btw, on a related note, I'd like to change my name a tad - fix the capitalization - but I don't remember where to find the proper thread for requesting those...

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
I'm really sorry to bump an old thread but this just made me laugh so loud... I'm not even sure if you were trying to be funny but it struck me that way.

Btw, on a related note, I'd like to change my name a tad - fix the capitalization - but I don't remember where to find the proper thread for requesting those...
There isn't a thread for name-changes. It's all done by contacting Virgilijus

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
There isn't a thread for name-changes. It's all done by contacting Virgilijus
Thank you kind sir. I thought at one time I saw a thread for requesting name changes, but I must have been mistaken.

Hoser

Smash Ace
I just got Premium today, and I'm still trying to find some of the perks. How do I go about getting a name change?

Top Bottom