• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Premium Perks

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
As you may have noticed, we recently brought back Name Colors for special ranks. You can now easily spot certain members of Smashboards, with Admins being grey, Moderators being Red, and our supportive Premium users sporting an updated Blue color to match their banners.

On top of this, we've added the ability for Premium users to link other accounts they own, to allow them to easily switch between them. This is ideal for those users who have alternate accounts for running their Smash events, mod content, or who run forum games that make use of other accounts for their purposes. Please remember that having multiple accounts is not permitted without permission.

You can check out the details of supporting Smashboards through Premium and if you have any, feel free to make any suggestions you may have for Smashboards here.

We hope our users enjoy these new features, and look forward to further improvements to Smashboards.

Last edited:

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
As an update for everyone, we recently added a new Premium page that gives you a nice at a glance view of all the Premium perks at a convenient and easy to remember link.

Most importantly though, we recently added the selection of your Smash 4 main character to the Personal Details page. Unique to Premium users however, is the ability to show your Smash 4 Main in your post background.

We hope our wonderful supporters enjoy this additional little bonus!

Last edited:

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Is there a way to turn off the ghostly post backgrounds, though? I find them to be rather annoying and distracting.

Starline

Smash Cadet
Is there a way to gift Smashboards Premium membership to another user? Virgilijus told me that there is, and he said to check the announcements forum, but I don't see the instructions anywhere.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Out of curiosity, is Wario one of the Post Backgrounds? Seriously considering this.

Chukkaque

Smash Apprentice
$15 is really cheap and is making me consider it this payday...especially if I can get one of those cool backgrounds that has Luigi

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Animated GIFs are extremely distracting to begin with.

Warchamp7, make a Smashboards radio program and give premium users access to higher quality stream.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I've been interested in switching to premium for awhile now, mainly to change my out-dated username.

However, I kind of dislike the banner, and blue name, it's the main reason I haven't gone through with it yet

Are those toggle-able?

One Handed Sword

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1005-9385-3445
Warning Received
Am I able to expand my dongus? For my friends in case you're wondering.

One Handed Sword

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1005-9385-3445
Konkey Dongs? That sounds alright but not the Dongs I am looking for sorry bro. But still man Expanding any dong is valuable and it is for my friends too. Sweet.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I dislike blue. Otherwise, I'd have gone for it.

It wouldn't be that difficult to give users the option to change their name and banner colors, right? There could be a preset number of colors available to avoid complete obnoxiousness.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
I dislike blue. Otherwise, I'd have gone for it.

It wouldn't be that difficult to give users the option to change their name and banner colors, right? There could be a preset number of colors available to avoid complete obnoxiousness.
We considered colour options but in the end decided it was clearer and cleaner to just have it never one

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I really like this new feature, having your Smash 4 main beside your posts.

This was worth it!

Last edited:

E-ColeWorld

Smash Apprentice
Ok so just being blunt about this.....Is it worth being premium? I was thinking about it just yesterday and i decided not to because i want to hear good info on premium members. So if its no hassle, tell me

BTW i read the pros

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Ok so just being blunt about this.....Is it worth being premium? I was thinking about it just yesterday and i decided not to because i want to hear good info on premium members. So if its no hassle, tell me

BTW i read the pros
If you plan to go on this site a lot, 15$ for a year is next to nothing cost-wise, even if you're on minimum wage. I like Smashboards, I spend a lot of time here, I like that it's a free site, I like the community and I appreciate the effort the staff puts into it. Felt right to give a little back.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Hold on to that optimism.

It will keep you going through these dark times

Top Bottom