• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Pork City is full of crap.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
well there just doesn't seem to be an insentive to explore the stage. It's just platforms randomly aligned. Temple however had different sections for different types of matches. Fightclub, the open dome to the right and the two stories to the left. new pork city should have more well thought out. I like how they put the riding boat and car that drifts atround but they should have had more atractions to make the stage evenly alluring.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I think the stage is fine...if you're 6 years old...

Wafflekin

Smash Cadet
1. They should've put 'Humoresque of a Little Dog' on Onett.
2. Looks like a crappy stage builder stage. But with a different background and textures.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
The stage has too much crap in the background to really see what is going on.
The Chimera isn't too hard to avoid, unless it pops up RIGHT on top of you randomly, then it sucks.
Regardless, I hate the stage.
It is good to practice gliding on though I suppose.

chingy

Smash Apprentice
new pork city= new bull**** city this stage sucks so much! they could have put a more interesting stage instead of the huge dumb stage

I really do not like this stage. I remember I Seen this stage on the main smash bros site before the game even came out and I though this stage would be cool, but I was wrong. It's a pain in the arse to play a 1 on 1 match on this stage. I can play on the stage, but I still don't really like it.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I personally love this stage. However, its more of a FFA stage, as it lets you dodge even Fox's Final Smash and has enough room to keep people from interfering with eachothers fights. In other words, you can have a FFA that breaks down into two 1v1's because of the stage's size.

JuniorToons

Smash Apprentice
Well, New Pork City isn't that bad. It is a big stage and it is fun to play on if you are playing for fun. Plus the chimera is pretty easy to avoid if your opponent doesn't send you flying towards it.

ginobeeto

Smash Cadet
I don't care about the chimera, but the stage is so big that you can't see. It's like a temple wannabee. I hate when stages are so big that the characters are tiny. Worst stage ever.

ZOMJake

Smash Rookie
I think it's too big and it's not even that fun. The Chimera is easy to dodge but it's still annoying.

Nona

Power of the Nonado♥
I pick this stage on wi-fi so I can use Sonic, run away, &spam "UR 2 SLOE !!11!!one!!eleven!!"
<- doesn't take wi-fi matches seriously

at least the stage is big enough to where you can run/jump from most final smashes.

Other than that, I hate it.

Fourside > New Pork

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
New Pork City is full of crap?

That's funny, last time I recalled there was deification on, in, near, or around that stage.

PEACHYprincess

Smash Apprentice
I don't like how there are so many pass through platforms.
There's like 10 all stacked on top of each other on the right side of the stage :S

-Phoenix-

Smash Cadet
Yeah I don't like this stage at all, it's not even good for 4 player. The only time I had fun with this stage was when I play with a friend and smoke balls, it was quite fun for a while.

Rex+

Smash Ace
I remember when tons of people used to comment that NPC would be the new Temple.
That's like saying some other stage would replace Corneria. :/
Both are irreplaceable classics.

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
Hahahaha GreenKirby your joke was totally ruined cuz you forgot a word
green kirby. EPIC FAIL JOKE HAH.

---

but seriously new pork city.. ugh you guys dont even know

my brother picks this map all the time when we play, he picks like toon link or some other projectile character and just runs away the entire match. I try to tell him the maps **** and when we play it I dont even consider it fighting but... apparently good players can play "any map".

AnAardvark

Smash Journeyman
New Pork City is really big, but coming from someone who usually plays on Temple (ME! :)), I have to say it's not that bad. Just it's sort of difficult to knock someone into the sky. Also, it's hard to KO someone when they're in the middle of the two little towers on the left of the stage.

The Chimera isn't THAT hard to dodge. The only time(s) I get hit with it are when it spawns on me. :mad: I hate that. I'm fighting my opponent close up, and Chimera spawns on me, kills me, but spares my opponeny. :mad:

Besides those minor flaws, it's a good stage. Definitely NOT a neutral stage, but good for fun things. It's like the NEW Temple. :) The New Pork Jump! :laugh:

RikotheFoxKid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RikoTheFoxKid
New Pork Jump

New Pork City is really big, but coming from someone who usually plays on Temple (ME! :)), I have to say it's not that bad. Just it's sort of difficult to knock someone into the sky. Also, it's hard to KO someone when they're in the middle of the two little towers on the left of the stage.

The Chimera isn't THAT hard to dodge. The only time(s) I get hit with it are when it spawns on me. :mad: I hate that. I'm fighting my opponent close up, and Chimera spawns on me, kills me, but spares my opponeny. :mad:

Besides those minor flaws, it's a good stage. Definitely NOT a neutral stage, but good for fun things. It's like the NEW Temple. :) The New Pork Jump! :laugh:
I tried making the New Pork Jump. It didn't work because it's way too easy from where I did it. You can do the reverse with someone with a bad recovery. :p

Ryazan

Smash Ace
what exactly is the New Pork Jump? I mean I know what it is, but where would you start and where would you try to go?

Top Bottom